Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham City Stories

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Gotham City Stories

going through this now. fucking loving it. worth the wait.

so lyle bolton is dead in this one eh? interesting.

this was fucking awesome. a lot of Batman Begins influences and I love it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Killing It.

Status

Points for getting the movie right and not having them go to an opera or some garbage... anyway, first scenes had a "Year One" feel but having Bruce just be a depressed and brooding guy instead of "partier" was excellent. I loved how you had it pick up the past conversation in present day too. Pleased to see that you're quite good with writing Bruce. References to baddies are great. Asylum conspiracy with Strange as the ring leader is a great set up for a major storyline, dig it. Joker was a great reveal since I somehow didn't catch onto it! Seriously, well done. Great first episode.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    going through this now. fucking loving it. worth the wait.

so lyle bolton is dead in this one eh? interesting.

this was fucking awesome. a lot of Batman Begins influences and I love it.
    Thanks Carl, glad to hear you liked the show man. Lyle Bolton is a character I was very much back and forth with including. But I think that although I will be playing around with certain parts of characters and what not as the show goes on. The whole lock up deal wouldn't have come off as well as I intended it to. But what I will be doing is definitely using him in flash backs as time goes on. The movie references I know would be something people either loved or hated for this show and the reason I did it is because whilst not everyone read the comics they did at least see one of the movies. So I just did it to keep a small bit of familiarity there. Thanks again for the feedback man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Points for getting the movie right and not having them go to an opera or some garbage... anyway, first scenes had a "Year One" feel but having Bruce just be a depressed and brooding guy instead of "partier" was excellent. I loved how you had it pick up the past conversation in present day too. Pleased to see that you're quite good with writing Bruce. References to baddies are great. Asylum conspiracy with Strange as the ring leader is a great set up for a major storyline, dig it. Joker was a great reveal since I somehow didn't catch onto it! Seriously, well done. Great first episode.
    Thanks for the feedback Kak. And if I am honest it took me a lot of looking things up and videos to find the exact movie haha. I can definitely see where the Year One part come in as before I even really began getting serious about writing things out as per Jon's recommendation I checked out that movie. At first I wasn't sure if I went with a darker take on Bruce Wayne what people would think. But the more I wrote for him the more I felt it made sense as if he was just to disappear and then comeback as this party guy that would definitely raise suspicion. So I'm glad you liked how I used him here. Also happy to hear the references for some of the villains was good. As I felt that would be cool for people familiar with his full range of villains to see. Strange's story will definitely be a big one which will take a lot of twists and turns so with what I have planned I think it will work out into a cool sort of full circle of events. With the ending I wasn't sure how far to go. But instead I chose to be a little bit more subtle with the unveil of the Joker rather then come off way to strong at the start if that makes sense. Thanks again for the feedback Kak. Pleased to hear you liked the show.
    Last edited by Baldwin; 06-02-2014 at 04:53 PM.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Key villain casting confirmed for show

With the first episode of Gotham City Stories finished with an ending which preempts a key villain in the batman series' fascination with the bat. It can be revealed today that the man playing the Joker is none other then Robert Knepper. Best known for his role as Theodore 'T-Bag' Bagwell in Prison Break as well as playing several other small villain roles in shows such as Arrow, The Blacklist and Mob City. Knepper was described by producer Dan Maskell as "The only real choice we had to play The Joker. He is able to give off this real air of menace with even the smallest amount of dialogue". Maskell also followed up by saying "Whilst some villains provide a physical threat to Batman and others provide a mental threat. There is no one who is able to put him on edge like the Joker because there is no telling just what he will do. And as we have seen with his work in Prison Break as T-Bag, Robert Knepper is exceptional in portaying roles like this. Which is why he was the only option for Joker".
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-casts-Robert-Knepper/
    Last edited by Shade; 06-02-2014 at 05:30 PM.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Former Doctor Who Star joins Gotham City Stories Cast

With the last casting of Batman revealing who would be playing one of the most well known villains of the entire Batman universe. Another casting confirmed today has revealed just who will be playing another one of his more well known villains. As it has been confirmed that David Tennant who is probably best known for his role as Doctor Who has signed on to play Edward Nygma. Nygma better known to some as The Riddler. Is in this interpretation an employee for Wayne Industries who is helping designing the latest technology in the field of computer security. When asked to describe the Gotham City Story interpretation of Nygma, Tennant replied 'Edward is a very awkward guy socially. He's the guy who wants to fit in but doesn't. Although he is designing computer and home security systems at the moment, Ngyma is also a skilled hacker who if he wanted could cause some real trouble for anyone."
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...David-Tennant/

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Love the casting of Tennant as the Riddler, think it fits perfectly!
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Revenge Star joins Gotham City Stories Cast

With the last few castings of Gotham City Stories really focusing in on the villains in the Batman Series. The trend continues here as the latest casting confirmed for the show as Gabriel Mann best known for his role as Nolan Ross in Revenge, Joins the cast to play Roman Sionis. Mentioned in brief in the last show, Roman Sionis is the owner of a company known as Janus Pharmaceuticals which he inherited after his parents untimely death. Having grown up alongside Bruce Wayne and Rachel Dawes when he was a boy. It was said even from a young age Roman harbored a deep jealousy and disdain for Bruce based on the fact that he had a family who cared about him where as Roman's were extremely neglectful. And even now years passed the resentment is still there added with the fact that Roman is under the investigation of the DA's office for his connections to a violent and highly elusive mob boss known only as Black Mask.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-casts-Gabriel-Mann/

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Raising Hope star joins Gotham City Stories cast

Arkham Asylum has got itself it's second staff member. As joining the cast of Gotham City Stories is Raising Hope Star Shannon Woodward. Set to play Doctor Harlene Quinzell, Woodward's character has been described as a highly capable, professional and dedicated psychiatrist who is looking to use her profession as a means to make the connections which she is lacking in her personal life. When asked to describe her role Woodward replied 'Harlene is extremely focused on her career to the point that she has really neglected her personal life. Which means she is really looking to make a connection with someone which means something. Because the people she usually connects with in her personal life are the ones who are willing to prey on her insecurities for their own ill gotten gains." When news of Woodward's casting came out Producer Dan Maskell described this casting as "One of the first roles where I had complete faith in the person playing it. Woodward was one of the first people I contacted for this shows as I felt she has done a great job in the past of playing people in similar roles to Harlene". Maskell also added in response to Strange and Quinzell's working relationship, "Being as dedicated to her job as she is. Harlene is aware there is something going on. But her focus is mainly on her own patients. So whilst at point something Strange does takes her interest most of the time she will choose to stay out of it completely"
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...nnon-Woodward/

Sweet Meat

Status

Whoever she is, she can get it

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

iMatt would be impressed with that casting.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Whoever she is, she can get it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    iMatt would be impressed with that casting.
    Thanks for the comments guys. I got to admit one of my main questions about casting Harlene was just how she would look. As I didn't want to grab someone who was like jaw dropping if that makes sense as that is not who she is. Which is why I picked Woodward as she is still quite fit but has more of a girl next door look about her. So I'm glad to hear so far people like the look of her haha.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

First Arkham Asylum inmate casting announced - More flashback characters confirmed for future

With Arkham Asylum gaining a doctor in the last casting. This next key addition to the Gotham City Stories cast will see a highly respected actor who has appeared in numerous films such as Pulp Fiction and Red Dragon as well as TV Shows such as Burn Notice, The Blacklist, Alcatraz and House MD. As Frank Whaley joins the Gotham City Stories cast as Arnold Wesker. Better known by some as the Ventriloquist Wesker is commonly in comics a puppet master ordered to do crimes by a hand held puppet known as Scarface. But in this adaption to make the character as producer Dan Maskell put it more gritty and less cartoony. Wesker is a known schizophrenic who also suffers from dissociative identity disorder aka Multiple Personality Disorder. Also in their variation Wesker will already be locked up inside of Arkham Asylum and is one of Hugo Strange's patients who Hugo will look to treat using puppets. It can also be confirmed that Mob City and Saving Private Ryan actor Edward Burns has signed on to do some voice over work for this role as well.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...-Frank-Whaley/

Also added to the cast are several more characters you can expect to feature in flashbacks scenes for Gotham City Stories. As seen on the first episode of Gotham City Stories. These flashbacks for the moment will primarily focus on Bruce Wayne and several other characters before his departure from Gotham City. Like the first episode several more flash backs will be heavily based on Bruce Wayne growing up and dealing with his parents death as well as his reason for leaving Gotham City. Joining the cast are two young actresses set to play Rachel Dawes as Nina Dobraev of the Vampire Diaries will play her in her twenties whilst Hawaii Five O's Teilor Grubbs will play her as a little girl just starting out at Bruce Wayne's school. In a twist on their stories from the movies. Rachel will be a new student at Brentwood Academy a privately run school for the children of wealthier families in Gotham. However unlike all the other students Rachel will not come from a wealthy background but was instead offered a scholarship based on her being very intelligent even from a young age. However based on her parents not being rich she will become a target for some of the kids already at the school including a young Roman Sionis who is set to be played by Game of Thrones star Dean Charles Chapman. Also although not set to feature in this upcoming episode Max Thierot known for playing Dylan in Bates Motel will be joining the cast as well for the Flashbacks as he plays Harvey Dent in his twenties.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-Flashbacks-Cast-Confirmed/

Sweet Meat

Status

DEGRASSI STAR <333

she's such a babe

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

Shannon Woodward <3

Nina Dobrev <3
    20 Years of Hype | The Best Superhero Movie Tournament

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Are we going to get any Thomas Elliot in the flashbacks?

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

DEGRASSI STAR <333

she's such a babe
    Doing quite well for girls on this show aren't we haha. Glad you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalmatic View Post
    Shannon Woodward <3

Nina Dobrev <3

Thanks for the comment Fract. Glad to see you approve of the castings. Both are fantastic actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Are we going to get any Thomas Elliot in the flashbacks?
    Without wanting to give too much away about how I'm going to use him. Thomas Elliot will definitely be appearing in the show very soon in both present time as well as flash backs.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

True Blood star among others join Gotham City Stories Cast - Dexter Star also joins cast

As the last few castings have centered around Arkham Asylum. It is of no surprise that the next set of casting focuses in on the Gotham City Police Department. As several key castings for the show have been confirmed including True Blood's Jim Parrack who is joining the cast as Howard Branden, a hard nosed police officer with a very bad attitude and numerous complaints about him abusing his authority. It is also believed that Branden has several ties to criminal world which has put him in the cross hairs of Dent and Gordon. However with no way of proving other wise they are forced to still work with him. But unfortunately it is not just Branden with these rumors present about him as several of Branden's close co-workers including Max Eckhart, William Loeb, Timothy Munroe and Jordan Rich all have the same complaints made about them. Whilst they will not be as heavily featured as Branden in the show. All their castings have been confirmed with Banshee actors Leo Fitzpatrick and Matthew Rauch playing Eckhart and Rich respectively whilst former Prison Break actors Laurence Mason and Lane Garrison playing Munroe and Loeb. However with these castings playing corrupt cops it is not believed that all the officers are corrupt as two more additions to the force are Tommy Burke, a former marine turned police officer played by Hart of Dixie Star Wilson Bethel and Rebecca Montoya, a new up and coming officer who is as by the book as they come who is set to be played by Blue Bloods actress Vanessa Ray. The final casting confirmed for Gotham City Police Department is that of it's rumored to be corrupt police commissioner Rupert Thorne who is played by Linus Roache who has appeared in many TV shows and movies including the Blacklist, Batman Begins and The Chronicles of Riddick.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...-GCPD-members/

In what is expected to be the final character confirmed before the next episode of Gotham City Stories. It can be confirmed that Shawn Hatosy. An actor who has appeared in films such as John Q, Public Enemies, Bad Lieutenant as well TV shows including Hawaii Five O, CSI Miami, Body of Proof and most memorably Dexter where he played Boyd Fowler will be joining the cast. Hatosy is set to play a man mentioned in the first episode of Gotham in Judson Caspian. A former associate of Black Mask who is looking to make a deal with the DA's office and Gotham Police Department to start a new life for himself and his wife Claire Caspian who will be played by Supernatural and Mad Men Actress Julie McNiven. However in order to start this new life Judson will have to put himself right in the line of fire and testify that there is a connection between Roman Sionis and Black Mask. The same thing that Joe Chill promised to do before he was murdered.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...-Shawn-Hatosy/

BLACKHEART

Status
      Country                    United States

Great first episode Shade, I really dig it.

I'm also digging the casting choices for Joker and Riddler. Tennant is my favorite Doctor, and I think he would be fantastic in a role as The Riddler, Knepper was fantastic in Prison Break and has the right look for Joker so nice choice there man.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Great first episode Shade, I really dig it.

I'm also digging the casting choices for Joker and Riddler. Tennant is my favorite Doctor, and I think he would be fantastic in a role as The Riddler, Knepper was fantastic in Prison Break and has the right look for Joker so nice choice there man.
    Thanks Jimmy, Glad to hear you liked it man.

I've got to admit when it's come to certain castings on this show. I've been really nervous as to how they would be received. My choice for Bruce Wayne was one of the main ones as was my selection for Roman Sionis. But I had a couple I was really confident in and two of them were the aforementioned Knepper and Tennant for mainly the reasons you mentioned. I must admit I'm not the biggest Doctor Who fan. But the fact that I saw every episode Tennant did is testament to how well he did. Because before that I really wasn't a fan of the show and I personally think he has the right look and personality to play a convincing Riddler. Knepper definitely earned this casting through his work on Prison Break. Really pleased to see we agree that he has the right look as well. Because as I explained when I casted him I didn't want some big brute to play Joker. I just wanted someone with like an air of menace about them. Like an unpredictability and Knepper certainly brings that. Thanks again for the comments Jimmy. Glad you liked the show.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Ratings/reception for Gotham City Stories first episode revealed

With one episode down of the Gotham City Stories television show. Earlier today several reviews, reports and most importantly ratings were published online. In some great and exciting news for the series it's premiere episode drew in a 5.15 rating meaning 5.15 million viewers tuned in for the first episode alone making Gotham City Stories the most watched telecast of any show in the last few years on the CW Network as well as most watched series premiere since Arrow in 2012. However it wasn't just the viewers who reacted in such a positive manner towards the show as many critics generally reacted positively towards the show. Tom Shales of the Washington Post called the debut episode of the show "scintillating, One of the most anticipated shows to debut this year and all credit to them it didn't disappoint. I think the real telling thing is one of the major concerns going in was just how would Jon Hamm play Bruce Wayne, Was he too old? but writers solved that by casting the brilliant Richard Madden and David Mazouz to play younger versions of Bruce Wayne in flashbacks whilst Hamm to his credit added a grittiness to older version of Bruce Wayne which gave this show more of a darker feel." James Hughes of the Huffington Post said "The show clearly is looking to make it's own mark on the Batman story. Which is a big risk especially when you consider they have made Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon the same age. Which considering most interpretations had Gordon as a key figure in young Bruce's life. A question was razed as to how the writers would get around that in this series with both being the same age. And that was answered when we saw a flash back of a troubled Bruce Wayne being informed of the man whose killed his parents release from prison. The speech rookie cop Jim Gordon gave him was a powerful one reminiscent of the movies." However whilst the critics in general were positive some fans of the original Batman were slightly critical with some mainly questioning the use of a character from the movies in Rachel Dawes whilst others felt that placing Hugo Strange as the head of Arkham Asylum was a waste for one of Batman's most dangerous foes.

Thread Information