Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham City Stories

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Re: Gotham City Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure of is Bruce and Gordon being the same age. I expected Damien Lewis as Harvey, but I'm very much into an older Bruce as it sets this apart from something like Arrow. Awesome casting so far.

Glad to hear you like the castings so far Kak. I knew with the castings of Hamm and Lewis as Bruce and Gordon it would be different from the norm as they are as you mentioned similar ages. And this as if I am honest done purposely as although I'm going to keep a lot of things the same I'm going to play with little details like that. I also plan to expand on them being the same ages by incorporating some flash backs into the show as it goes on. So hopefully as things come together although it might seem weird at first but I hope overtime it comes off the way I've intended it to. Thanks again for the feedback Kak. Much appreciated mate!

Killing It.

Status

I dig it, dude. Making things your own is always a good move. Can't wait.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

The direction you're going with the show, I'm 100% sure you shouldn't have gone with CW which probably doesnt have the budget to handle this, nor is it really their style (they tend to aim for mid 20s pretty boys/girls or very early 30s, lotsa three-way love dramas see Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, The 100, Arrow or pretty much every show they've ever done), I would've gone with HBO or AMC. Probably AMC more so, it's a small nitpick but Gotham City Stories, with those actors and the budget you'd probably wish to have, wouldn't find itself on the CW network ever. Plus, it won't get the ratings DC would seek on CW compared to HBO/AMC/Showtime.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    I dig it, dude. Making things your own is always a good move. Can't wait.
    Thanks Kak. I just hope me going differently pays off as it is a huge risk. But glad to hear you like it so far.

Sweet Meat

Status

Some great casting so far. GUS

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    The direction you're going with the show, I'm 100% sure you shouldn't have gone with CW which probably doesnt have the budget to handle this, nor is it really their style (they tend to aim for mid 20s pretty boys/girls or very early 30s, lotsa three-way love dramas see Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, The 100, Arrow or pretty much every show they've ever done), I would've gone with HBO or AMC. Probably AMC more so, it's a small nitpick but Gotham City Stories, with those actors and the budget you'd probably wish to have, wouldn't find itself on the CW network ever. Plus, it won't get the ratings DC would seek on CW compared to HBO/AMC/Showtime.

I've got to admit reading this I can see I have made a really big mistake there and I'll probably put it down to not being familiar with the networks as literally over here things like Arrow are on Sky One whilst Supernatural for example is on Sky Living. The only reason I chose CW was because of the fantastic work they have done with things like Arrow and Supernatural not to mention the fact that their Flash show looks exceptional. But definitely I agree that was a mistake on my part which I'd put down to not being familiar as I should have been with the networks. But what I will say is as time goes on there will be more younger people added who fit the sort of vibe you mentioned. It's just for this first episode I am announcing castings who are showing up for the first episode only.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    Some great casting so far. GUS

Thanks Carl. Glad to hear you are liking the castings mate.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Under the Dome/Bates Motel Star joins Gotham City Stories cast

With the recent castings all being linked to both Bruce Wayne and the Batman. The fifth character announced follows this trend albeit in different circumstances. As the latest actor joining the Gotham City Stories cast is Mike Vogel. Best known for his roles as Dale Barbara in Under the Dome and Zach Shelby in Bates Motel, Vogel is only recently gaining the real reputation he deserved after staring in the aforementioned roles. Before that Vogel was also in several movies including Poseidon and Cloverfield albeit in small roles. Joining the Gotham City stories cast Vogel is confirmed to be playing Harvey Dent in the show. Dent is called the white night of the city due to his firm stance on crime and whilst at first he is unsure of the Batman's motives it doesn't take long for him to see the Batman for what he really is. In his personal life Dent is dating a lawyer who works in his office known as Rachel Dawes who is a longtime friend of Bruce Wayne however his relationship with Bruce Wayne is pretty nonexistent.

http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-casts-Mark-Vogel/
    Last edited by Shade; 08-05-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Sweet Meat

Status

Bates Motel FTW. good show to get people from. Not big money stars but good quality actors.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Bates Motel FTW. good show to get people from. Not big money stars but good quality actors.
    Definitely agree with you here. The cast for Bates is excellent and whilst I have tried not to just take everyone from the cast. I can't lie when I say there is maybe one or two more you might recognize from the show.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Breaking Bad star confirmed as ​First Villain casted for Gotham City - Flashbacks confirmed to be featured in the show

With all the previous castings confirmed for Gotham City Stories being good guys/heroes from the Batman story. Earlier today it was confirmed that the first villain lined up for the show will be played by none other then Breaking Bad and Godzilla Star Bryan Cranston. Cranston has been casted as the shady and very creepy Hugo Strange in Gotham City Stories. In this version of the DC Comics inspired show. Professor Strange is the head psychiatrist in Arkham Asylum over seeing the treatment of all it's patients. Known for his 'out of the box' thinking when it comes to the methods he uses Strange is very much under suspicion from Harvey Dent and Jim Gordon mainly because it seems when someone leaves the Asylum they are a lot more different from when they come in.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-casts-Bryan-Cranston/

Also confirmed for the show by producer and writer Dan Maskell is the use of flashbacks at various points to detail some of the key past moments in the lives not only of Bruce Wayne but several other main characters including Jim Gordon. Two actors have been casted to play Bruce Wayne. One will be David Mizouz who is best known for his role in Touch as as Jacob Bohm. Mizouz will star as Bruce Wayne during and around the time his parents were murdered. Whilst Game of Thrones Star Richard Madden has been lined up to play a troubled Bruce Wayne in his twenties before he left Gotham City. Set to play Thomas and Martha Wayne are James Tupper and Madeline Stowe. Tupper is best known for appearing as Jack Slatterly in Men in Trees whilst Stowe is best known for her role as Victoria Grayson in Revenge. Harry Treadaway will also be featuring in the flashbacks as a rookie cop Jim Gordon who is partnered with hard nosed officer Arnold Flass who will be played by Malik Yoba. Also lined up to appear in a flashback is Charles Baker best known for his role as Skinny Pete in Breaking Bad. Baker will play Joe Chill the man who murdered both of Bruce Wayne's parents.
    http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-Stories-Flashbacks-Cast-Announced/
    Last edited by Shade; 05-29-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Sweet Meat

Status

Second pic doesn't work, brother.

Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Second pic doesn't work, brother.
    ​Damn. Alright I'll fix it now. Thanks for letting me know buddy.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Royal Flush Gang confirmed for Gotham City Stories

With the castings for Hugo Strange and Joe Chill previously announced for Gotham City Stories. A thid villain or villains in this case as it can be confirmed that the Royal Flush Gang will be featuring in Gotham City Stories. A notorious gang who disguise themselves in playing card masks which they also use as their nicknames the gang has participated in numerous bank robberies whilst evading police the entire time. However lately the entire MO of the group has been thrown out of the window by a reckless and violent member who has no problem killing innocents even when there is not a need for it. Confirmed to be playing the roles of the Royal Flush Gang are Bates Motel's Ian Tracey as King, Ray Donovan's Paula Malcomson as Queen, Vampire Diaries actors Michael Trevino and Steven R McQueen as Ace and Jack respectively and All my Children actress Ambyr Childers as Ten

http://screenrant.com/Royal-Flush-Ga...ear-in-Gotham/

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

The forgotten/Hawaii Five O star joins Gotham City Castings

With the last few castings for Gotham City Stories very much focusing in on the villains. The final casting to be announced before the first episode has just been confirmed as Hawaii Five O and the Forgotten star Michelle Borth joins the cast. Borth's character for the show is set to be Rachel Dawes a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne who knew the man before he was the bat. When asked why he would be including a character not from the comics but instead from the movies in his show producer Dan Maskell responded "The main reason for using the character of Dawes is right away I want someone to realize the Bruce Wayne that left Gotham City is not the same as the man who came back. Also with her dating Harvey Dent in this show I think there will be an interesting dynamic with Bruce returning and clearly harboring some feelings for her". Despite the fact that the plot line of Dawes being romantically involved and working with Dent may seem similar to the film. The Gotham City Stories producer promised that this would be the only comparison. And that the stories of Dent and Dawes would be told in a completely different way to the norm.

http://screenrant.com/Gotham-City-St...ichelle-Borth/
    Last edited by Shade; 05-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.

BLACKHEART

Status
      Country                    United States

Being a big fan of Batman I am very much looking forward to reading this, and see how it all plays out.

Perfect casting all around, especially Brian Cranston as Hugo Strange. When playing Arkham City, I always thought if they made a Batman film with Strange as the main villain that Cranston would be a good choice to take on the role.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Being a big fan of Batman I am very much looking forward to reading this, and see how it all plays out.

Perfect casting all around, especially Brian Cranston as Hugo Strange. When playing Arkham City, I always thought if they made a Batman film with Strange as the main villain that Cranston would be a good choice to take on the role.
    Thanks for the comments Jimmy. Pleased to hear you are liking my work so far with this. I've got to be honest I'm actually really shocked considering how good of a villain he is that Hugo Strange has never appeared in a film. As I personally think like you mentioned Cranston is a good choice to play him. So fingers crossed I'm able to do both him and the character Hugo Strange justice here.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Gotham City Stories

Welcome back Master Wayne

November 18th 1988

Slowly walking out of the Gotham Movie Theater on a brisk and dark winters night after having attended The Mark of Zorro premier. Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne slowly walk arm in arm behind their 12 year old son Bruce Wayne who is playing with a small program he got from the movie flailing it around like a sword as if he was Zorro himself. Despite it being pretty late at night The Wayne Family begin to make a slow walk home as Bruce is still buzzing with excitement at the movie they have seen and he is running all over the place.

Bruce: Can I be like Zorro when I grow up dad?

Thomas: Of course you can son. You can be anyone you'd like to be.

Bruce smiles as he runs along in front of his parents continuing to swing the rolled up program around whilst adding sound effects with every swipe.

Martha: Slow down Bruce. We don't want you running off now.

Thomas: Let him have his fun Martha. He's only playing.

Martha: Well when he is still all hyper like this several hours from now. You can be the one to calm him down.

Following their son Bruce who is continuing to play, Thomas and Martha slowly turn into a back alleyway which has all kinds of rubbish strewn about all over the place. Realizing they have taken a wrong turn Martha clings onto Thomas' arm tightly.

Martha: Bruce, Could you come back here please?

Bruce slowly turns to his parents. But as he looks at them there is a look of fear in his eyes.

Thomas: What is it Bruce?

?: Give me your money.

Slowly turning around both Thomas and Martha see a scruffy looking man in his thirties with scruffy light brown hair who is dressed in torn brown jeans and a dirty grey jumper. Clearly high the man's right arm is shaking as he is pointing at gun directly at Thomas. As the man glances over at Martha he smiles creepily as he glances at the diamond necklace she is wearing.

?: I'll take the necklace as well. In fact give me that first.

Thomas: Look this doesn't have to go any further. We'll give you what we have just lower the gun.

Despite Thomas' attempt to reassure the man. The only real effect it seems to have is making him a lot more agitated.

?: I SAID GIVE ME THE NECKLACE. NOW!

A terrified and trembling Martha slowly un clips her necklace but she is so scared she drops it on the floor much to the man's annoyance. As he goes to pick it up Thomas Wayne grapples with him trying to take the gun away from him. The two men continue to wrestle for the gun when..... BANG. The gun goes off and Thomas Wayne slumps on the floor with blood flowing from his stomach. Bruce is in shock as he just stares at his dad lying down on the floor. Martha is clearly in a panic as she runs over to her husband but the rattled mugger fires another shot from his gun shooting Martha in the chest. Seeing both his parents shot down right in front of him, Bruce is crying as the mugger picks up the necklace and then snatches some money from Thomas Wayne's jacket. As Bruce just stands there frozen to the spot the mugger looks up at him. For what feels like an eternity the mugger stares at Bruce before he stands up straight.

Mugger: Sorry Kid. But I can't have any witnesses.

With that the mugger raises his gun and points it at Bruce when in the distance police sirens can be heard. This startles the mugger who runs from out of the alleyway as fast as he can. A few officers then chase after the mugger whilst Bruce walks over to his parents and just stands by their bodies as he cries.

10 years later

After walking into the locker room for one of his first days on job as a police officer. The twenty five year old Jim Gordon quickly changes into his uniform before he proudly looks at himself in the mirror. Gordon then slowly walks out of the locker room and into the hall where another uniformed officer. A thickly built black man in his thirties is waiting for him.

?: You Gordon?

Jim nervously nods his head as the man smiles.

?: First day right?

Jim: Pretty much yeah.

?: The names Flass. Arnold Flass. I'm your new partner.

Gordon extends his hand out for a hand shake which Flass accepts.

Gordon: So what is the plan for today then Arnold?

Flass: Well unfortunately. We have to be the bearers of bad news. Know the name Bruce Wayne?

Gordon: Of course. The rich billionaire only in his twenties.

Flass: I take it you know of what happened to his family.

Gordon: Yeah I remember my parents telling me about it. I thought they caught the guy who did it.

Flass: They did. Joe Chill. A scumbag junkie. Man's got a criminal record as long as my arm.

Gordon looks confused.

Gordon: So if he is locked up. Then what is the bad news?

Flass: They are letting him out.

Gordon: What? Why?

Flass: He's made a deal with the DA and is willing to testify against a businessman known as Roman Sionis. Apparently Chill has some good information which can connect Sionis to a up and coming crime lord called Black Mask.

Gordon: Whose Black Mask?

Flass: No one knows. Not even his own men. Any we have arrested say when they are given their orders by envelope normally. And only one man Johnny Williams claims to have seen Black Mask in question. But he said who ever this guy is he keeps his face concealed with a mask. Which is where the nick name come from.

Gordon: And your sure this is a legit piece of evidence. Not chill trying to shorten his time.

Flass: Everything he has given up so far has been concrete. It is because of Chill's evidence that Sal Maroni is locked up for good in jail.

Gordon: How does he know all this?

Flass: From what I gather he said when you are as far down the pecking order as he is. Everyone will speak to you as you don't matter. So come on. We'd better go speak to Mr.Wayne.

An hour later Jim Gordon and Detective Flass pull up in their squad car outside the large black gates of Wayne Manor. The gates slowly open electronically as the two men walk up the stone covered driveway before they reach the large wooden front door of the house. Flass knocks on the door and as the two detectives wait Gordon turns to Flass.

Gordon: So what's Mr.Wayne like?

Flass: Troubled.

Gordon: You've met him before?

Flass: Unfortunately I know Mr.Wayne quite well. His parents death as you can imagine has really messed him up. Drunk and disorderly, affray, Drink Driving.... He's done it all. The young man is as self destructive as they come.

Just then the door opens Alfred Pennyworth on seeing the police sighs.

Alfred: What's he done this time?

Flass: Actually this time we need to talk to him about personal matters.

Alfred: Then you'd better come in.

Gordon and Flass walk into the large foyer of the house. Jim Gordon appears to be very much in awe of his surroundings as he and Flass are lead by Alfred towards the living room of Wayne Manor. The room is immaculate with a large TV on a stand in the corner. Sitting down on a large settee drinking a beer is a rather surly looking 22 year old Bruce Wayne. As Bruce continues to drink his beer the two officers stand by the side of the chair with Alfred.

Alfred: Master Wayne. Officer Flass is here to see you with.....

Jim: Jim Gordon.

Bruce doesn't look happy at the officer's presence in fact once he finishes his beer Bruce looks right at them. Unshaven, scruffy looking and his eyes bloodshot Bruce stares at Flass and then Gordon with disgust.

Bruce: What do you want?

Flass: Bruce we need to talk to you about Joe Chill.

Bruce: Have you come to tell me the good news that he has died.

Alfred looks at Bruce in shock.

Alfred: Master Wayne. You shouldn't speak that way.

Bruce: Well how should I speak. Fondly of the drug riddled bastard who killed my parents.

Alfred doesn't answer as Flass and Gordon both look uncomfortable.

Gordon: We regret to inform you that just to his cooperation with the DA's office. Joe Chill is set to be released from Blackgate Penitentiary within the next month.

Bruce: You're letting him go. Just like that.

Flass: Well no he will be on strict guidelines about what he can and cannot do. He's also been attending rehab for the last few years to get off the drugs.

Bruce: Oh well that's lovely to hear. I'm glad it all turned out well for him at least.

Flass: He also will be unable to come anywhere near you as per the terms of his release.

Bruce: Let him come.

Flass: I'm sorry What?

Bruce: Let him near me. So I can get real justice for my parents.

Flass looks at Gordon clearly knowing nothing he can say will help. However rather then taking this cue to leave Gordon sits down on a chair opposite Bruce.

Gordon: I understand you are upset Mr.Wayne. And whilst I can't even pretend to understand the horror you went through. I know what it is like to lose my parents. My father died when I was in my teens of liver disease brought on by drink. I lost my way. I couldn't cope with my grief and it took me a very long time to move on. Then a few years passed and my mother died. She was suffering with a terminal illness and I'll always remember what she said to me before she died. She said Jim. I saw the way you was when your father died and I do not want you to go down the same route when I die. Just because my life is ending doesn't mean yours is. And I want you to know although it doesn't seem like it the world is not ending. You have your whole life ahead of you and I want to watch you live it. Not watch you fall to pieces because of me and neither would your father. Now Bruce I never got to meet your father but I was told he was a great man and I never met your mother but according to people she was one of the kindest, caring people you could meet. Do you really think they would want you carrying on this destructive cycle you are on? Because I think they would want you to be happy above all else. To move on with your life. I don't know go away for a while and clear your head. Because I can tell you know they wouldn't want this for you and deep down you know that.

Bruce just stares into the distance as Jim then stands up from his chair. Gordon then nods his head at Flass before they look to Alfred.

Flass: We'll see ourselves out. Thanks for letting us in Mr.Pennyworth. Have a good day Mr.Wayne.

With that Flass and Gordon walk out of the room whilst Alfred stands by the troubled Bruce.

Alfred: You know. Detective Gordon has a point. Maybe you should take a break for a while to clear your mind. Give you a chance to reflect on things and get a new perspective on life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Present Day (June 23rd 2013)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfred: You know when I said take a break and clear your head. I didn't mean for fifteen years Master Wayne.

Slowly waking up in a luxurious leather seat on a large plane. Bruce Wayne looks round and sees that it is only he and Alfred who are sitting down in the plane.

Alfred: It's the company jet. When I told Mr.Fox about your call. He insisted we fly you back to Gotham in it.

Bruce nods his head.

Bruce: So how long until we land?

Alfred: About forty minutes according to the pilot.

Bruce: So are we going to the manor right away. If it is still standing.

Alfred: It's still there Master Wayne. Luckily for you. You're beneficiary has taken great care of your funds.

Bruce: And who would that be?

Alfred: Well. Myself of course.

Bruce: I take it you've had some fun with all that money.

Alfred smiles.

Alfred: I'll have you know I've taken very good care of your finances master wayne. Only spending it on the necessities. Plus a couple of custom suits and a rolex I can't lie.

Bruce now smiles as he looks over at Alfred.

Alfred: But seriously now Master Wayne. I have to ask. Where have you been?

Bruce: Around. Travelling, studying. You know what people do when they need to reflect.

Alfred: For 15 years?

Bruce: Somethings take time.

Alfred: OK. Well then would you mind me asking you who is Talia?

Bruce's eyes grow wide as he looks at Alfred in a stunned shock.

Alfred: You mentioned her as you was sleeping. I take it during your time away you made some new friends.

Bruce: Look Alfred. I'd rather not dwell on the past. Instead I'd like to focus on the future. And what I can do for Gotham City.

Alfred: Which is?

Bruce: Make sure that no one ever has to go through what I went through. Bring justice to a city drowning in corruption and use fear against those who prey on the fear of others.

Alfred: And how you do that if you don't mind me asking?

Bruce: As a man I can't do it. But as something else I can be so much more. So let's cut any meet and greets lined up. I'd like to instead visit the company my father made.

Sitting down inside his small office in Gotham Police Department. Jim Gordon is slowly reading a file about a man called Arnold Wesker. From his picture Wesker is an unassuming older man in fifties with dark hair. Just then there is a knock at the door and Gordon looks up from the file to see a man with short spiky brown hair in a sharp grey suit walking in the room. The man is also carrying a file in his hand. Printed slowly in the corner is the name Waylon Jones. After shaking hands with Jim, the man sits down opposite Jim and

Jim: Mr.Dent what brings you here?

Dent: Jim. Mr.Dent was the name of my father. For the last time call me Harvey. Now I see you have some reading material with you.

Jim: Yeah I've been going over some of these files you've given me. All the men do have histories of violence. I mean Arnold Wesker here suffers from a multi personality disorder where he puts his personalities into inanimate objects.

Dent: I know that part. The part that confuses me is just why he is being let out of Arkham Asylum once again.

Jim: It's written in his file Harvey. When on his medication. Arnold Wesker according to Hugo Strange can be a highly functioning member of society. When off his medication Wesker's condition causes him to act out as you can see by his record.

Dent: OK fair point. But what about Cyrus Gold. Sure all tests point to him having a below average IQ level. But he went into that asylum as a troubled man needing help and when he left. He left as a violent monster. And don't even get me started on Waylon Jones.

Jim: So you really believe something is going on in that asylum.

Dent nods his head.

Dent: There is no doubt in my mind something is going on. Gold is an example of that. And so is Waylon Jones. I remember prosecuting him. He'd been pushed to far by someone at work about the medical condition he has with his skin and in response he attacked them. Sure it was a violent attack but he had a motive. When he went in jail and attacked that guard before it come out that he had made numerous complains about said guard. Again he had motive. But when he stepped out of that asylum and violently attacked those men on the street. He had no motive what so ever. Considering every other time he'd committed a crime there was a reason. That doesn't make sense to me what so ever. Don't you agree.

Jim: Look I agree there are some valid points to your suspicions. But Harvey you know I can't just storm in that place without a valid warrant.

Dent: I understand. I'm just asking you to look into the asylum and Hugo Strange. Because I think there is something going on there and he is in the middle of it.

Jim: Out of interest what has caused you to have these suspicions about Strange?

Dent: Oh it's not just Strange. I don't trust any of those doctors he has there. Especially Jonathan Crane. Do you remember Lyle Bolton?

Jim: The wannabe vigilante. He used to kidnap those he deemed criminals and didn't he used to drug them up before keeping them trapped in his basement.

Dent: Yeah. If you remember he killed former mayor Quincy Sharpe after all his transgressions had been exposed and then Bolton had to undergo treatment in Arkham before his execution. And I will never forget his dying words that he said anything is better then being experimented on in that asylum.

Jim: And that's what you have? The words of a man ready to be executed.

Dent: That's all I need.

Jim: So why come to me?

Dent: Because I need someone I can trust. And you are the only person I know in this force I can. I'm not asking you to dedicate all your time on this. All I'm asking is as a favor you check this one last file. And tell me you don't think it's weird what is happening.

Gordon nods his head before Dent reaches over the desk and hands him the file.

It is nearly closing time at one of the National Banks of Gotham and as the workers deal with the last few customers. The lone security guard appears to be getting ready to lock up whilst the manager walks round the room checking to see if any needs assistance. But as one of the customers a young man in his mid twenties begins to walk out of the door he is sent flying back into the bank after being pistol whipped by a man wearing a hockey mask with a card design printed on it. Following this man are 5 more people with the same masks. In total there are four men and two women and they are all armed with machine guns. The leader of the group is clearly the first man to walk in as he has a king of diamonds printed on his mask.

King: Everyone get on the ground now. And I promise you right now I am a man of my word so when I say if I hear any alarms or any of you try anything funny we will shoot you. I mean it.

Slowly the terrified customers and the bank staff all begin to drop onto the ground as per King's orders. But the security guard quickly tries to reach for his gun only to be shot directly in the shoulder by a man with a Jack of Diamonds printed on his mask. Several terrified people scream as a girl wearing a mask with the ten of Diamonds on it kicks away the guards gun.

Jack: Now that didn't have to happen. But he didn't follow orders. So everyone be quiet and there won't be another problem.

As the terrified people in the bank slowly quieten down another man with an ace of diamonds printed on his mask and a woman with a queen of diamonds carrying three large duffle bags walk over to the visibly terrified and intimidated manager. Ace then drags the man to his feet.

Ace: So we was clear about what happens when you don't follow orders right?

Manager: Yes.

Queen: Good. Because we want you to take us to the vaults. And you know what will happen to these people if you don't. Is that clear.

The nervous manager nods his head.

Ace: So come on then, Move

The nervous manager leads Ace and Queen towards the bank vault. As they disappear down a large staircase King, Ten and Jack continue to patrol the room. Whilst their other partner is just standing by the door with his back to everyone in the bank. As the security guard groans in pain with his shoulder pouring out blood. A female teller slowly crawls over to him until Jack points his gun at her.

Jack: What are you doing?

Teller: I'm sorry but if his bleeding doesn't stop. He could die.

King sighs.

King: Jack. Let her help him. But if she tries anything shoot her.

As the teller tends to the guard, The bank manager slowly returns from the vault closely followed by Ace and Queen. Ace is carrying two large duffle bags filled with money whilst Queen is holding one and keeps a gun aimed at the manager's back. Once they reach the bank lobby where all the hostages are held the bank manager kneels down on the floor whilst Queen and Ace head out of the bank.

King: Now with that ladies and gentleman. I'd like to wish you all a good evening and thank you for the great customer service you have come to deliver.

King then walks out of the bank and heads over to a white van parked just outside where Ace and Queen are tossing the bags of money in the back. Once the bags are in Ace and Queen climb in the back of the van whilst King climbs in the driver's side of the van. Ten and Jack just begin to leave the bank as the last member of the group the man who was staring at the door without reason turns round to the terrified hostages and shoots the bank manager in the chest. After then gunning down a couple of hostages and one of the tellers the man prepares to shoot the security guard when Jack runs back into the bank and with the help of Ten drags the man out of the bank and tosses him in the back of the van. Ten and Ace then climb in the van as it speeds off. Slowly their associate sits up in the van when he is shoved to the chest by Ace.

Ace: What is wrong with you?

?: I was just having some fun.

King: That might have been fun for you. But for us it was anything but. I don't care what ever you say. One more job then you're done. You leave this group and the city for good. Is that clear or do I have to make you go?

?: No problem...... Boss.

Pulling up outside of a large building with Wayne Industries written over it in big letters. Bruce Wayne steps out of his Black Lincoln Town car before he slowly makes his way inside the building. As he walks inside the reception area he finds a suited up man in fifties wearing a small pair of glasses waiting for him. The man smiles as he offers Bruce Wayne a hand shake which Bruce quickly accepts.

?: Mr Wayne. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lucius Fox.

Bruce: It's good to meet you Lucius. I'm sorry if the short notice caused any inconvenience

Fox: Mr.Wayne. It was anything but. If anything I was happy to hear the last surviving member of the Wayne family had developed an interest in his legacy. So would you like to show me around?

Bruce: Yeah. That would be great. Thank you Lucius.

Fox nods his head and slowly he leads Bruce Wayne to one of the lifts. Once they climb in side Bruce looks at all the floors of the building from the buttons on the lift. The doors then shut behind them as Fox pushes the button for the top floor.

Bruce: I see this place has expanded.

Fox: Well it has been a long time since you was here and business is changing.

Bruce: So what does Wayne Industries actually do now?

Lucius smiles.

Lucius: Well I don't know how much you remember from a boy. Wayne Industries was originally designing technology for the military but as time went on your father decided he wanted to instead of help war. Make the world a better place so it wouldn't need it. That is why I was assigned to the R & D department whilst he looked into developing clean energy for people. After your father's passing I made sure we carried on his wish. Which is why I have several departments dedicated to helping people scientifically as well as technologically.

Bruce: How so?

Lucius: Well a lot of it is down to research. One floor is dedicated completely to research on curing diseases. That is headed by Kirk Langstrom. And from my understanding he is making significant progress using bat DNA as a means to cure blindness and deafness in people. Whilst the floor above him is run by Pamela Isley who is dedicated to plant life and not only developing fuels without harming the environment but also ways to stop the rain forests being chopped down.

Bruce nods his head

Bruce: That's interesting. I'll have to take a look at their work one day. So what about the technological side.

Lucius: Ah yes. Now one of the departments is headed by Jervis Tetch and his assistant Alice Malone. They have been studying and working on several enhancers to cure pain in the dying. Including an implant which could cause someone who was dying of cancer to spend their last few days pain free in their own mind. Sort of like a day dream. From what I understand the testing on that has already began and it's working. The other department is strictly computers and a rather Ingenious method of merging your home security with your computer making it nigh on impossible to break or hack into.

Bruce: Who runs that?

Lucius: A talented and very dedicated man known as Edward Nygma. He's actually a big fan of yours Mr.Wayne.

Bruce: I'll have to meet him one day. So what floor are we stopping at?

Lucius: Well I thought we'd start at the top floor with the board and the offices. Unless you want to go somewhere else first?

Bruce: I was interested in the R & D division. But as you haven't mentioned it I would assume it has been struck off.

Lucius: Struck off yes. But removed no.

Bruce looks confused.

Lucius: I spent a lot of my life working on that department and continue to do when ever I get a chance. I would never destroy it. That's why I had it stored underground in the basement unknown to everyone else.

Bruce: That's a bit of a risk though isn't it?

Lucius: Not when you have the only key to access it.

Reaching for a chain round his neck which has a key round the end, Lucius then pushes the emergency stop button on the lift.

Lucius: Would you like to see the R & D division first then Mr.Wayne

Bruce: if that isn't a problem.

Lucius: Honestly Mr.Wayne. As I see it everything in this building is yours. So it's not a problem.

Lucius inserts the key in a small slot underneath the buttons and once he turns it the lift begins to head down.

Lucius: So if you don't mind me asking. Why the interest in R & D?

Bruce: I'm working on a new project. And I think that the department might have some things which will prove useful.

Walking down one of the wards of Arkham Asylum, a visibly unnerved Harvey Dent walks past all the rooms where some of the Asylum's more notorious inhabitants are held. With the side he is walking on Dent can see in every room thanks to the perspex door and window set up on the cells. In one room a chubby bald headed man is transfixed as he stares at a calendar whilst in another cell a man with numerous scars over his body mumbles to himself as he counts each and every one. Continuing his walk Dent sees a man with slicked blonde hair running his hands through the hair of a barbie doll before he passes the cells of two large men. In one cell one of the big men is just staring at Dent through the glass snarling. Whilst in the other the man who is noticeably sporting green scales on his skin is pounding his fists against the wall in anger. Finally Dent reaches the end of the hall where unlike the rest of the men held. This man in his mid fifties with dark hair is just lying down on his bed looking up at the ceiling.

?: I heard you have taken an interest in Arnold Wesker, Mr.Dent.

Harvey slowly turns round to see a bald headed man wearing a small pair of glass who is dressed in a white doctors coat over a suit standing behind him.

Dent: Hugo Strange. I wasn't expecting you.

Strange: Well when I heard that the district attorney was paying a visit and had been asking some questions. I figured I'd better come and see him in person.

Dent nods his head.

Strange: So Mr.Dent what is the purpose of your visit?

Dent: I've heard some interesting from one of your ex patients about his so called treatment. And tie that in with the behavior as of late of Jones and Gold. I thought it was worth checking it out for myself.

Strange: I see. Well Mr.Dent let me ask you something. Do you know what the purpose is of Arkham Asylum? It's to treat the criminally insane and make sure they are no longer a threat to society. Sometimes that might mean a little bit of out of the box thinking and sometimes taking a risk. And as we both know sometimes risks do not pay off.

Dent: I just want to know why Waylon Jones left this asylum more violent then when he came in. Same with Cyrus Gold.

Strange: I can stand here and give you the whole doctor/patient confidentiality report. But instead I will hopefully answer your question with a statement I have learned over time. And that is despite my best intentions not everyone can be helped. I tried my best to help Cyrus and Waylon but it seemed their issues run deeper. Much deeper then we expected. But the good news is that they are back in my care now and if they ever get to go out again. You will definitely see a change in them both.

Dent looks at Strange for a second before he looks back at the dark haired man in his cell. Just then from a nearby cell some loud banging can be heard.

?: It's not complete. It's uneven. My skin is wrong. LET ME OUT OF HERE. I NEED TO BE CORRECT. I NEED TO KILL.

Strange: Well on that note Mr.Dent. I had better go and see one of my more challenging patients. So I hope I have been of some help for you.

Strange then turns away from Dent and slowly begins to walk up the ward.

Strange: Victor. What's the problem now?

Driving his Lincoln Town Car past the gates of Wayne Manor before he stops off right outside the house. Bruce Wayne climbs out from car and sees Alfred Pennyworth waiting for him. Alfred smiles as Bruce looks round at the gates where several reporters are snapping away at him for photos whilst others are practically shouting at him looking for answers to their questions. Bruce just shakes his head before walking into the manor with Alfred. Walking into the living room Bruce sits down on one of the black leather chairs whilst Alfred sits opposite him. In between them is a small glass table with a teapot and two cups. Alfred pours a tea for himself before he pours Bruce one.

Alfred: A lot of people want to know where you have been Master Wayne.

Bruce: And what have you said?

Alfred: It's not my place to say. But if they press I say you was just travelling and enjoying life. Not much more to add there wouldn't you agree sir.

Bruce: Yeah we will keep it like that. Thank you Alfred.

Alfred: So how was your meeting with Lucius Fox?

Bruce: Productive. And highly interesting

Alfred: And what about Mr.Fox as a person.

Bruce: He seems like a great man. And someone I can trust which is very important considering what I want to do.

Alfred: Lucius is a good man.

Bruce: A good man who let me walk round his R&D department before giving me the key. He told me I can use what I like from the department.

Alfred closes his eyes as he shakes his head.

Alfred: So I take it you still are committed to your new idea.

Bruce: I can make a different Alfred. I know I can.

Alfred: I just fail to see why you cannot do it as Bruce Wayne.

Bruce: Because as Bruce Wayne I am just a man. I need to be more then that. I need to be a symbol.

Alfred: But why use a bat?

Bruce: Because Bat's frighten me. And that fear is going to be my biggest weapon against the corrupt in this city. Also it means that by keeping my identity hidden there is nothing to come back against me.

Alfred: Or the people you care about.

Bruce: Like Rachel?

Alfred: With all due respect to Mrs Dawes. I actually meant me.

Bruce smiles before he takes a sip of tea.

Bruce: How is she?

Alfred I haven't seen her lately. But we do talk on the phone regularly. She is doing very well in her career. She's a lawyer now believe it or not.

Bruce nods his head.

Alfred: So do you have any ideas as to how you are going to start this venture?

Bruce: Actually I do.

Reaching into his jacket pocket Bruce pulls out a news paper clipping which he hands over to Alfred.

Bruce: I took this article out the Gotham Echo.

Alfred looks at the clipping which is referring to a series of bank robberies done by the Royal Flush Gang.

Alfred: I've been reading about this gang. Lately it seems they have been upping the violence in their crimes I must say. But what will you do to stop them?

Bruce: With what was stored in the R&D department I have enough to stop them. But I have to find them first.

Alfred: And how will you do that?

Bruce: By reaching out to an old friend.

Later on in the evening after a long shit at Gotham PD. Jim Gordon walks out from the building and begins to make a slow walk to his car. Walking past several alleyways Jim just reaches his car when he hears a noise from the adjacent alleyway. Getting ready to reach for his gun Jim Gordon goes to investigate the noise but as he walks past a dumpster he is grabbed from behind by a man wearing a balaclava. Jim tries to struggle free but the man keeps hold of him and manages to knock the gun to the floor before Jim can use it.

Jim: Let me go. I'm a cop.

?: I know who you are. You are detective Jim Gordon.

Jim: Then what do you want from me?

?: I need to know about the Royal Flush Gang.

Jim: Why would they concern you.

?: That does not matter. But I need you to tell me how they operate and how they strike?

Jim again tries to break free but still the man is able to keep hold of him.

Jim: They are smart. And well planned. It is possible one of them has experience working in banks. They are normally in and out within five minutes and have a van parked nearby for a quick getaway.

?: Lately they have been said to have grown more violent. What's the cause?

Jim: It's ever since they brought in this new guy. He clearly has no problem taking lives.

?: When do they strike?

Jim: Normally at the end of the day when the banks are cashing out.

?: And where would you guess they would strike next?

Jim: Probably the first national bank of Gotham. They are set to cash out tonight.

?: Then why are their not officers there?

Jim: Because I can't just have them sit outside of the bank all day and night for something what might or might not happen. It would just create panic. So why are you so concerned about the Royal Flush Gang?

?: Because I'm going to stop them.

Jim: By yourself? That's suicide.

?: Maybe. But it's about time someone else stands up to defend this city.

Jim: You're insane. Just who are you anyway.

Without answering the man let's go of Gordon and runs from the alleyway. Jim quickly turns around and tries to chase him but the man disappears down another alleyway. Gordon continues his search for the man. But he is unaware that the man has already ducked away. And as the man walks up to a car he has parked nearby he removes his mask revealing himself as Bruce Wayne.

Inside his office Harvey Dent continues to read over files and investigation reports regarding Arkham Asylum. It also appears that from the report in his hand he has had a back ground check run on Hugo Strange. As Dent continues to read he looks more and more frustrated when suddenly a women wearing a business suit walks into the office. With long black hair and in her mid thirties she smiles at Harvey who looks up at her and stands up from his chair before kissing her on the cheek.

?: Are you OK Harvey?

Dent: I am Rachel. It's just this thing I'm working on it's frustrating.

Rachel: Is this still about Hugo Strange and the Asylum?

Dent: yes.

Rachel: Harvey. You got to stop this. It's turning into an obsession. You're not eating and I know you are not sleeping.

Sitting back down in his chair Harvey smiles weakly before nodding his head.

Rachel: You might be right. But you won't be able to prove it if you make yourself sick.

Dent: Maybe you are right. I'll get some sleep and eat something later on. So is there anything else I can do for you Rachel. As I know you wouldn't just come in here for that?

Rachel: Actually I have some good news. I've found someone willing to testify against Roman Sionis and more specifically someone who is willing to tie him to Black Mask.

An intrigued Dent leans forward on his chair.

Dent: Who?

Rachel: His name is Judson Caspian. His criminal record is pretty small but he does have some ties to some of Mask's henchman.

Dent: So why the turn around?

Rachel: He says he wants a new life for both him and his wife. Which is why he wants to make a deal.

Dent: Can we trust him?

Rachel: I think we can.

Dent: OK. Then tell him the deal is on. If he can provide the evidence and testify against Sionis. Then we will help him set up a new life.

It is late at night and inside the First National Bank of Gotham, The Royal Flush Gang are holding several of the employees and the bank manager hostage. As one of their members stands by the door keeping watch, King, Queen and Ten walk round the hostages making sure no one tries anything. At the same time Ace and Jack grab the bank manager and have him lead them down to the vaults. Bust then out of the blue the lights in the bank cut out completely without warning.

King: A power cut.... Really.

The unknown member staring out of the door then starts to lean into the glass.

?: It's not a power cut. Only this building's lights have gone out.

King walks over to one of the bank clerks. A woman in her mid fifties and drags her to her feet. Pointing his gun at the terrified woman, King begins yelling.

King: This had better not be some trick.

Clerk: it isn't. I don't know what is going on.

Just then some gun shots sound out from the vault much to King, Queen and Ten's surprise. King then looks over at Queen.

King: Go find out what is happening.

Queen quickly runs down the stairs and some more gun shots ring out before a terrified man runs up the stairs. Without his mask on it appears to be a member of the gang.

King: Ace. What the hell is happening. And where is your mask?

Ace: I don't know. We took the manager down to the vault. And on the way there Jack noticed the sky light was open. Before we could do anything this thing come out of nowhere and took him out. I tried to fire off some rounds but he quickly knocked the gun from my hand. Mom then come running down firing and before I could do anything he took her as well.

King removes his mask as he stares at Ace. Underneath the mask King is clearly in his late forties and sporting a dark brown goatee and slicked back brown hair.

King: What the hell is it?

Ace: I think it was a man. But he looked like a Giant Bat.

Ten: He's lost it.

King: Right enough of this.

Grabbing the terrified bank clerk from earlier on. King holds the gun to her head as Ace and Ten stand close to him.

King: I KNOW YOU CAN HERE ME. IF YOU DON'T COME OUT IN THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS I WILL SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD.

Just then the lobby begins to fill with smoke at a rapid pace. Ace, Ten and King all begin coughing but as the smoke slowly begins to clear rather then looking confused both Ace and Ten begin to back away from King.

King: What is it?

Ace: He's behind you.

Slowly turning round, King's eyes grow wide when he sees.....

King: What the hell are you?

?: I'm the batman

Pushing the teller away King goes to point his gun at Batman only to have Batman quickly grab his arms and pistol whip King with his own gun. King staggers back and the Batman follows up with a superman punch knocking King down on the floor. Ace then charges at Batman throwing wild punches all of which Batman is able to slip out of the way from. An anxious Ten removes her mask revealing herself as a young girl in her mid twenties.

Ace: Shoot him.

Ten raises her gun but before she can fire Batman pulls Ace in front of him like a human shield and tosses him into Ten. Bashing heads Ten falls to the floor clearly stunned as Ace staggers back. Grabbing the gun Ace then surveys the room only to see there is no sign of the Batman.

Ace: Where are you?

Batman: Here

As if he appeared from nowhere Batman is standing right behind Ace. Panicking Ace turns round only to be headbutted for his trouble. Ace staggers backwards and Batman follows up with a teep kick to his chest knocking Ace against the counter of the bank before finally knocking him out with a right hand. With the Royal Flush Gang neutralized. The Batman turns to the terrified hostages before he helps the clerk to her feet.

Batman: Was anyone hurt?

Clerk: Not that I am aware of. What happened to Charles the bank manager?

Batman: He'll be alright. A little shaken but it could be worse.

Clerk: You saved us. Thank you.

Batman nods his head before reaching for a gun like object on his belt. Firing it in the air a grappling hook attaches itself to the ceiling before pulling Batman up into the ventilation system where Batman disappears completely. As police sirens can be heard in the distance the stunned clerk goes to check on the bank manager whilst all the other hostages begin to talk about what they just saw. However as the police all enter the bank, They are unaware that standing in a nearby alleyway possibly the most dangerous member of the gang is standing by a dumpster just watching on. As the mysterious man stands there, the sounds of muffled laughter are coming from his mask.

?: Now this city just got a whole lot more interesting. I think I might stick around in Gotham for a bit longer after all.

Removing his mask the man laughs maniacally as he tosses his mask onto the floor. As the man disappears down the alleyway his discarded mask remains on the floor. Printed on the mask like the rest of the gangs is a playing card icon. But unlike the rest of the group it isn't a number or a suit. Instead printed on the mask is a large image of a J representing a Joker!

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Really enjoyed the first episode Shade. Thought it was well written and well thought out as all your work usually is. Every scene served a purpose which is key to any TV show and it was all building up to Joker revealing himself at the end which was fine with me. Great first episode with setting the scene for the series and Batman versus The Joker is always immense. I am sure it will be no different here. Looking forward to the next episode already!
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jozy AltidOrder View Post
    Really enjoyed the first episode Shade. Thought it was well written and well thought out as all your work usually is. Every scene served a purpose which is key to any TV show and it was all building up to Joker revealing himself at the end which was fine with me. Great first episode with setting the scene for the series and Batman versus The Joker is always immense. I am sure it will be no different here. Looking forward to the next episode already!
    Thanks for the feedback Order. Really glad to hear you enjoyed the show as I can't put into words just how nervous I was with the first episode. I really didn't want to be the guy who messed up Batman haha. With Joker one of the things I really wanted to do right from the off was just have that one moment which explains just why he is so captivated by the Bat and I hope that was able to come off there at the end. With what I have in mind for the show there will definitely be some interesting moments between Joker and Batman which fingers crossed will do their twisted relationship justice. I also think with luck I've found the perfect guy to play Joker who I will hopefully announce later on today. Thanks again for the comments. Glad you enjoyed the show!

Thread Information