Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT Takeover - May 29th, 2014 - Card And Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

NXT Takeover Special NXT Takeover - May 29th, 2014 - Card And Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE announced today that NXT Takeover, a live, two-hour action-packed special, will air exclusively on WWE Network on Thursday, May 29 at 8 p.m. ET. Following the success of NXT ArRIVAL, the special will once again showcase the best and brightest from the WWE Performance Center and include appearances by WWE Superstars and Legends.

30 minutes prior to the event, the NXT Takeover pre-show will air at 7:30 p.m. ET and include exclusive interviews and appearances by NXT Superstars, WWE Superstars and Legends.

“As NXT continues to grow in popularity and our fans demand to see more of the next generation of WWE Superstars, we are going to deliver live, in-ring programs featuring up-and-coming talent on WWE Network,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “Our live NXT specials on WWE Network bring out the very best in our performers and make for must-see TV for the WWE Universe."

On February 27, NXT ArRIVAL on WWE Network had 21 worldwide Twitter trends and was No. 3 in overall social mentions for primetime programs on both cable and broadcast. The event had more social mentions than American Idol, the Vikings premiere on History Channel, college basketball on ESPN and Vampire Diaries on CW.
    Current Card:

NXT Champion Adrian Neville will face one of his toughest challenges yet at NXT Takeover. The titleholder and Man That Gravity Forgot will clash with Tyson Kidd, one of the finest high-fliers from WWE’s main roster, on May 29 at 8 p.m. ET, live on WWE Network.

Kidd, the last graduate of the grueling Hart Dungeon, showed up on NXT last month and proclaimed his rebirth with an emphatic win. The former WWE Tag Team Champion was one of three Superstars to survive a controversial Battle Royal to become No. 1 Contender to the NXT Champion, along with Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze, on the May 8 edition of NXT. The veteran Kidd defeated the two rookie Superstars in a Triple Threat Match one week later to earn the championship opportunity.

Meanwhile, Neville has been dealing with the surly behemoth, Brodus Clay. After having several teeth knocked out by the monstrous Clay, Neville slew the beast in a fast-paced, hard-hitting No Disqualification Match on May 1 to retain his title. Since then, the NXT Champion has been biding his time and scouting his potential competition. There’s no doubt that Neville is looking forward to taking on a fellow world-traveled competitor like Tyson Kidd.

Will Tyson Kidd’s renaissance result in him walking out of NXT Takeover as the new NXT Champion? Or will Adrian Neville prove that the next generation of Superstars is ready to step up? Find out at NXT Takeover, LIVE on WWE Network Thursday, May 29 at 8 p.m. ET!

For months, The Ascension has monopolized the ranks of NXT's tag team division. As the longest-reigning Tag Team Champions in NXT history, Konnor & Viktor have dared opponents to try their hand at dismantling the dominant duo. Even adding a longstanding open challenge to any team in the world did little to rock the firmly controlled boat of the NXT Tag Team Champions. When The Ascension defends against the newly formed team of Kalisto & El Local, why would the result be any different? The answer might sit with their unexpected challengers.

"Ascension has never faced a tag team like us," Kalisto told WWE.com. "El Local and I are not here to test out the waters and see if our team can work because we know our team can work. We bring a 22nd century lucha libre style to the table and elements Viktor and Konnor have never seen."

On the surface, Kalisto's comments may seem dangerously overconfident, but there's more to the story than meets the eye. In 2006, both Kalisto and El Local stepped foot into the squared circle for the first time. While they were the furthest thing from tag team partners, their similar career paths created a friendship that would grow just as quickly as their success.

"Kalisto and I wrestled in Mexico, Europe and, of course, here in the states," Local revealed to WWE.com. "There were many times when Kalisto and I would make 10-hour drives just for a hot dog and a Gatorade as our compensation. Sleeping in our cars was a regular thing we did, but we didn't care because we were doing what we loved."

The friendship carried over to NXT, but both Superstars opted to pursue their singles careers rather than form the tag team of today.

"It's one of those things that we always knew in the back of our heads would probably happen one day with the right situation. Obviously, the time has now come where we feel the situation is right," Kalisto said.

As NXT Tag Team Champions, The Ascension's stature and power will provide a clear advantage at NXT Takeover. Men of few words, The Ascension's message has been loud and clear: "Bring on the competition and watch us mow them down!" It's an attitude that El Local feels will lead to the team's downfall.

"Our motivation is much deeper than our opponents’. Our drive comes from our lucha libre heritage and our Latino heritage,” El Local said. “Our drive comes from the obstacles of learning and adapting to different cultures, showing people what they haven't seen before and proving that the passion in your heart can overcome any obstacle life has to offer."

Kalisto seconded his partner's motivation: "I consider myself a hybrid. I was born in Chicago to Mexican parents, but I was also raised in Mexico City. I’ve incorporated both of my cultures into one. Growing up, I always felt I was destined for something great, and that feeling increased when I first saw lucha libre and WWE. From that moment to now, I've followed that dream, pushing beyond the limits in the process."

Whatever the outcome may be at NXT Takeover, the WWE Universe can surely expect a clash in styles. The timeless story of size versus speed will be played out on Thursday, May 29, at 8 p.m. ET on WWE Network.

The message from Konnor and Viktor’s challengers? “If The Ascension plans to beat us, they have to catch us first!”

Follow El Local on Twitter @ChimaerasRage, Kalisto @KalistoWWE. Konnor @KonnorWWE and Viktor @ViktorriseWWE. Get more NXT coverage on the official NXT Facebook page.

A new NXT Women’s Champion will be crowned on May 29 at NXT Takeover, when Natalya battles Charlotte in the finals of the eight-Diva tournament, live on WWE Network.

After NXT General Manager JBL stripped Paige, the first champion in history, of the title, main roster Divas and NXT hopefuls alike were lining up to throw their names into the hat to have a chance at championship glory. Natalya and Charlotte each endured two grueling matches to earn a place in the finals.

The third-generation grappler and former Divas Champion defeated Fandango’s dance partner, Layla, in the opening round of the tournament and forced Charlotte’s BFF, Sasha Banks, to tap out to the Sharpshooter and advance to the championship match. Charlotte, the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, eliminated Emma in the first round and put an end to the threat of feisty newcomer Alexa Bliss in the semi-finals.

The bout will also be a family affair, as two WWE Hall of Famers will be ringside for the historic bout. In Natalya’s corner will be her uncle, five-time WWE Champion Bret “Hit Man” Hart. Charlotte will be joined by her father, 16-time World Champion Ric Flair. With the self-proclaimed “Dirtiest Player in the Game” lurking at ringside, will The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be need to get involved to ensure a fair fight?

Who will be crowned the new NXT Women’s Champion? Find out at NXT Takeover

In a battle of those who fell short of facing NXT Champion Adrian Neville at NXT Takeover, Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze will clash for the first time in singles competition at the event. The winner will be crowned the new No. 1 Contender for the NXT Title at NXT Takeover on May 29 at 8 p.m. ET, LIVE on WWE Network.

For Zayn, this will be yet another chance to prove that he can come through when it matters most. His failure to do so has been a curse that was pointed out by Corey Graves last month. It was accentuated again when Zayn fell short of winning a No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal and the ensuing No. 1 Contender’s Triple Threat Match against current No. 1 Contender Tyson Kidd and his NXT Takeover opponent, Breeze.

Zayn will be facing a King of Cuteville that is more dangerous than the NXT Universe has ever seen. No longer obsessing over blows to his moneymaking face, “Prince Pretty” now has an edge and hunger that screams championship material. Though it was he who took the pinfall in the Triple Threat Match, it hasn’t deterred the selfie-loving Superstar from his narcissistic barbs and golden aspirations.

Can Zayn overcome his demons and earn his second chance at the NXT Title? Or will the WWE Universe be closer than ever to seeing NXT Championship selfies?

When Camacho attempted to skip out on the party early in his match against Adam Rose on the May 22 edition of NXT, he should have known that was not the end of the party. That’s because “it’s party time, all the time!” Now, it looks like the revels will rage all the way to NXT Takeover, this Thursday at 8/7 CT!

Once again, Rose with go head-to-head with the Mexican Superstar. Can Camacho crash the party to redeem himself at the expense of the charismatic up-and-comer? Or will Rose definitely triumph in this most festive face-off. Let the good times roll!

WWE has been buzzing since Rose appeared on the scene. And as Superstars and Divas clamber to join the crowd in droves, NXT Takeover looks to answer one simple question, is Camacho a lemon or a rosebud?
    Last edited by Jim; 02-04-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT Takeover - May 29th, 2014 - Card And Discussion

22nd Century Style Lucha

Anyways, so far the card is looking very nice, Neville Vs Kidd could be really good as both Neville and Kidd are great, and a Ascension match which isn't a squash match is a refreshing change, plus KALISTO!!!

I predicted at the start of the tournament Charlotte Vs Natalya, because I didn't see them doing the BFF's split for the final, they don't really have a lot of time to hype up a match like that if Sasha wins next week. Whatever happens, Charlotte is winning the title no doubt.

I can't see them not having Sami Zayn on the show, the Graves feud has gone a little quiet, so maybe they'll shift onto Tyler Breeze.

I think Bo Vs Big E is going to be on next weeks show, so perhaps Bo can have a farewell NXT segment on the show.

I sure would love that Solomon Crowe guy to debut.....
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I remember calling the Crowe debut last time. I think it would make sense to do it during this special. Dream booking, I'd do it after the main event. Neville's bound to retain and would have a program set up right afterwards with Crowe.

And yeah, Zayn's bound to have a match on the show.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

What?! Tyson freakin' Kidd's back? NXT has just become must-watch for me. Love Kidd.

Join FWA =)

Hey guys I’m cool

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tigtor Moses View Post
    What?! Tyson freakin' Kidd's back? NXT has just become must-watch for me. Love Kidd.
    Yeah about a month or so ago

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos Talent View Post
    I remember calling the Crowe debut last time. I think it would make sense to do it during this special. Dream booking, I'd do it after the main event. Neville's bound to retain and would have a program set up right afterwards with Crowe.

And yeah, Zayn's bound to have a match on the show.

i dont see it as dream booking, especially with the show being called takeover and the gimmick he has

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    i dont see it as dream booking, especially with the show being called takeover and the gimmick he has
    You know, I never really thought that, but now that we're putting two and two together....
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

It might be wishful thinking, but it makes so much sense.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

A new NXT Women’s Champion will be crowned on May 29 at NXT Takeover, when Natalya battles Charlotte in the finals of the eight-Diva tournament, live on WWE Network.

After NXT General Manager JBL stripped Paige, the first champion in history, of the title, main roster Divas and NXT hopefuls alike were lining up to throw their names into the hat to have a chance at championship glory. Natalya and Charlotte each endured two grueling matches to earn a place in the finals.

The third-generation grappler and former Divas Champion defeated Fandango’s dance partner, Layla, in the opening round of the tournament and forced Charlotte’s BFF, Sasha Banks, to tap out to the Sharpshooter and advance to the championship match. Charlotte, the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, eliminated Emma in the first round and put an end to the threat of feisty newcomer Alexa Bliss in the semi-finals.

The bout will also be a family affair, as two WWE Hall of Famers will be ringside for the historic bout. In Natalya’s corner will be her uncle, five-time WWE Champion Bret “Hit Man” Hart. Charlotte will be joined by her father, 16-time World Champion Ric Flair. With the self-proclaimed “Dirtiest Player in the Game” lurking at ringside, will The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be need to get involved to ensure a fair fight?

Who will be crowned the new NXT Women’s Champion? Find out at NXT Takeover

In a battle of those who fell short of facing NXT Champion Adrian Neville at NXT Takeover, Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze will clash for the first time in singles competition at the event. The winner will be crowned the new No. 1 Contender for the NXT Title at NXT Takeover on May 29 at 8 p.m. ET, LIVE on WWE Network.

For Zayn, this will be yet another chance to prove that he can come through when it matters most. His failure to do so has been a curse that was pointed out by Corey Graves last month. It was accentuated again when Zayn fell short of winning a No. 1 Contender’s Battle Royal and the ensuing No. 1 Contender’s Triple Threat Match against current No. 1 Contender Tyson Kidd and his NXT Takeover opponent, Breeze.

Zayn will be facing a King of Cuteville that is more dangerous than the NXT Universe has ever seen. No longer obsessing over blows to his moneymaking face, “Prince Pretty” now has an edge and hunger that screams championship material. Though it was he who took the pinfall in the Triple Threat Match, it hasn’t deterred the selfie-loving Superstar from his narcissistic barbs and golden aspirations.

Can Zayn overcome his demons and earn his second chance at the NXT Title? Or will the WWE Universe be closer than ever to seeing NXT Championship selfies?

When Camacho attempted to skip out on the party early in his match against Adam Rose on the May 22 edition of NXT, he should have known that was not the end of the party. That’s because “it’s party time, all the time!” Now, it looks like the revels will rage all the way to NXT Takeover, this Thursday at 8/7 CT!

Once again, Rose with go head-to-head with the Mexican Superstar. Can Camacho crash the party to redeem himself at the expense of the charismatic up-and-comer? Or will Rose definitely triumph in this most festive face-off. Let the good times roll!

WWE has been buzzing since Rose appeared on the scene. And as Superstars and Divas clamber to join the crowd in droves, NXT Takeover looks to answer one simple question, is Camacho a lemon or a rosebud?
    Charlotte Vs Natalya will be a fine match, but all of Nattie's matches are the same, and we already know the result so there's not much interest there.

Sami/Breeze is a cool addition to the card, Breeze has stepped it up recently, Sami is Sami so it should be a good match, and the #1 contender stipulation makes it very interesting. Looking forward to that one

UGH UGH UGH at Adam Rose being on the show. If the guy is on the main roster, stop having him on NXT so we can have some Rosebud-free time. Worst thing on the card and needs to be over as quickly as possible.

The Pre-show will be hosted by Renee with Heyman, Cesaro and Christian. Awesome.
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Sweet Meat

Status

seriously fuck adam rose

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

That pre-show panel sounds amazing.
    -------
    Spoiler:

GMT Baby

Status

Christian, Cesaro, Heyman, and Renee Young!? Damn, this is gonna be so awesome, looking forward to this more than Payback excluding Shield/Evolution.

NXT is looking far better than it was a few months ago, really enjoying it again.

Status

Poor Camacho, he always goes back to jobinator. He doesn't stand a chance with his stereotypical gimmick against the Rose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    seriously fuck adam rose
    Zayn/Breeze should be bad ass, I hope Breeze gets the win, but ultimately I won't care either way if the match is solid.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yeah, this show should be good. Zayn/Breeze will no doubt be fantastic, and Neville/Kidd should be just as good. I see Graves coming back to cost Sami the match, and allowing Breeze to pick up the win and go on against whoever the champ is, most likely Neville.

I wouldn't mind Ken's idea of debuting Solomon Crowe though, I really want to see him on NXT and it would be a good opportunity to do it at this show.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Just watching some hype videos for this, there seems to be some odd static that keeps cutting into the videos
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Watching the NXT Takeover hype stuff on WWE Network. Zayn/Breeze is the match I'm looking forward to the most. I'm not the biggest Breeze guy, but he's definitely stepped his game up recently. Also the Zayn portion of the hype and the Breeze portion of the hype oppose each other so well.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

God, if Crowe doesn't show up ima have a meltdown

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

So HHH did a Q and A on twitter to hype NXT tonight and said Neville is ready to be a WWE champion and that if he had to pick one guy in NXT to face it'd be Sami Zayn.

Spoiler:

GMT Baby

Status

Seriously considering staying up for the show, which I never do normally because I like sleep.

Hoping Breeze is on form tonight, should be a great one.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Predictions:

Neville beats Kidd
    Charlotte beats Natalya
    Ascension beats LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA
    Zayn beats Breeze
    Rose stinks up the joint (and wins)

Zayn/Breeze is the only match I think could go either way, but Trips seems high on Zayn (rightly so), and think he's due a win in a big match. Neville and Zayn to battle over the belt through the summer sounds A-OK to me.