Thread: TCON Rebooks

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

WWE TCON Rebooks

WrestleMania # 1

March 31 1985

Actual Results

Tito Santana pinned The Executioner (Buddy Rose under a mask)
    King Kong Bundy pinned SD Jones in 9 seconds
    Ricky Steamboat pinned Matt Bourne
    David Sammartino fought Brutus Beefcake to a Double Countout
    JYD won by countout over IC Champion Greg Valentine
    Nikolai Volkoff & The iron Sheik pinned Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo to win the WWF World Tag Team Titles
    Andre won a BodySlam Challenge vs John Studd
    Wendi Richter pinned Lelani Kai to win the WWF Women`s Title
    Hulk Hogan & Mr. T pinned Paul Orndorff & Roddy Piper

First off it is amazing how thin the roster was in March of 1985

Wrestlers such as Tony Atlas...Don Muraco...Dick Murdoch...Adrian Adonis...Ken Patera...Rocky Johnson, were not part of the roster in March of 1985

Wrestlers such as Terry Funk...Randy Savage...British Bulldogs...Hart foundation had yet to make there debuts

Match # 1..Tito Santana vs The Executioner

I would scrap this match completely, as it`s only purpose was to feature a returning Tito Santana from injury.

In it`s place i would have booked a 16 Man Battle Royal

Entrants..

Tito Santana
    Ricky Steamboat
    David Sammartino
    Brunno Sammartino
    Brutus Beefcake
    Johny Valiant
    The Executioner
    Matt Bourne
    Tony Garea
    Rene Goulet
    SD Jones
    Jimmy Snuka
    Bob Orton
    King Kong Bundy
    Bobby Heenan
    Sal Bellomo

I would book it so Bundy eliminated all the lower card guys including Bellomo..SD Jones...Goulet..Garea...Matt Bourne.
    While wrestlers like Brunno and Ricky Steamboat woult have a good showing but eventually end up eliminated
    Orton and Snuka would eliminate each other
    The Final Four would come down to King Kong Bundy...Tito Santana...Bobby Heenan...The Executioner
    The Executioner huddles with Bundy and Heenan think they will work together to eliminate Santana
    Bundy heaves The Executioner over the top rope in short order
    Bundy starts playing to the crowd
    Santana uses this opportunity to nail Bundy with a flying elbow, which propels Bundy over the top rope and to the Floor
    Heenan is complete shock
    He turns around to see Santana ready to pounce on him
    Heenan jumps over the ropes himself and hightails it to the Dressing Room
    Santana is the winner of the Battle Royal

Bundy looks strong even though he didn`t win the Battle Royal
    Santana proves that he is healthy and ready to compete
    It is a way to get more wrestlers on the card

Match # 2

King Kong Bundy vs SD Jones

Bundy is livid after being eliminated in the Battle Royal and takes it out on SD Jones
    Bundy pins Jones in 9 seconds

Nothing wrong with the way this match was booked at the time
    Bundy pissed about the Battle Royal just gives it another layer
    Bundy being featured in the first 2 matches would help to quickly make a name for himself in the WWF

Match # 3

Ricky Steamboat vs Matt Bourne

Steamboat shows off both his wrestling skills and high flying skills in a technical match, pinning Matt Bourne in just over 10 minutes

Nothing wrong with the way this match was booked at the time
    A good showcase for Steam boat to show off his skills with a very good worker in Matt Bourne
    On a side note it is too bad that Steamboat never got a WWF Title run or even was in a program for the WWF Title
    With Hogan as champion for so long and Steamboat only ever working as a face the IC belt is the best that he could hope for

Match # 4

David Sammartino vs Brutus Beefcake

I would have booked this as a tag team match

David & Brunno vs Beefcake & Johny Valiant

When David Beefcake would be in the ring together the match would be pretty even
    Valiant and Beefcake could use some illegal tactics to get the better of Brunno
    Beefcake would look good beating on the legendary Brunno
    Brunno would finally make a tag to David who would come in and get the better of Beefcake
    Eventually the match would get out of control with all 4 men in the ring
    During the chaos. David rolls up Johny Valiant for the pinfall victory

The MSG crowd would get to cheer another Brunno victory
    David would look good picking up the win
    Beefcake could brag that he beat up Brunno
    I think at the time of this match David was thought to be the future breakout star more so than Beefcake
    History would tell a different story as david never amounted too much in wrestling where as Beefcake went onto have a very successful career in the WWF

Match # 5

JYD vs IC Champion Greg Valentine

I would have booked JYD to pin Greg Valentine clean in the middle of the ring to win the IC Title

I have never been a fan of Tito Santana
    His in ring work his boring as well as his promos...yadayadayada...Ariba !
    Santana and Valentine could have still feuded, Valentine took out Santana so Santana still wants revenge
    JYD could have easily held the belt until losing it to Savage, or he could have lost it back to Valentine, who in turn would lose to Santana
    Having the first Championship match in WrestleMania end in a countout is a very weak finish

Match # 6

Nikolai Volkoff & The Iron Sheik vs WWF Tag Team Champions The US Express Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo

Once again there was nothing wrong with the way this match was booked
    A little skullduggry from Fred Blassie and we have new WWF Tag team Champions

The Iron Sheik`s last title run in the WWF
    Classic storyline...the evil foreigners use nefarious means to best the American heros
    The Sheik was slowly slipping down the card. so they put the tag belt on him while he was still a name

The WWF really missed the boat with Windham
    Now in there defence a lot of it was Windham`s own doing, because of the legal problems his family was going through at the time
    Had things played out differently he could have easily been given a run with the IC Title as a babyface, and then eventually challenge for the WWF Title as a heel a la 1988 Four Horsemen Barry Windham

Match # 7

Andre The Giant vs John Studd in A BodySlam Challenge

There really isn`t any other finish for this match
    Heenan grabbing the money and taking off with it was a nice touch

One thing that baffled me during this time period is how the Heenan Family was booked ant portrayed
    I think it is safe to say that Heenan was the number one manager in the WWF for at least 5 years straight, yet he didn`t win a title until Rude won the IC title in what 1988
    Aside from Bundy getting a WWF Title shot at WM # 2, no one else in the Heenan Family was really given a program with WWF Champ Hogan aside from house shows until Rick Rude came along

Match # 8

Wendi Richter vs WWF Women`s Champion Lelani Kai

Wow
    This whole program with Richter/Cyndi Lauper vs Moolah was just unwatchable
    i wouldn`t have booked any of this shit to begin with, but since whats done is done, there has to be a payoff
    Richter winning the belt makes the most sense

It took the WWF a long time commit to the Women`s Division
    they would stop and start several times over the next 12 years or so until they finally commited to it in the mid to late 90`s...See...Rockin Robin...Sherri Martel...Madusa

Match # 9

Hulk Hogan & Mr. T vs Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff

This whole match was booked ass backwards
    Mr. T should have been the weak link in this match.
    While he should have been booked to look good in short spurts, his inexperience should have ended up with him being pinned in the middle of the ring by Piper
    There could have been cheating involved to procure the victory, MR. T should have taken the fall in this match
    Orndorff could still be turned face, by Orton & Piper not including him in the post match celebration
    Piper & Orndorf could square off in a verbal confrontation. only to nailed from behind by Orton

The WWF never made a credible challenger for Hogan`s WWF Title until Andre 2 years later
    I don`t recall ever feeling that Hogan was in any danger of losing the title during that time period
    This finish would have set up a program between Hogan & Piper that could have taken them through WM # 2
    Instead, who was Hogan`s biggest threat over the next 2 years...Bundy..Muraco...Orndorff
    The difference between Piper and every other challenger to Hogan at this time is that Piper was gold on promo`s
    Last edited by TCON; 04-25-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: ReBooking WrestleMania # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    First off it is amazing how thin the roster was in March of 1985

Wrestlers such as Tony Atlas...Don Muraco...Dick Murdoch...Adrian Adonis...Ken Patera...Rocky Johnson, were not part of the roster in March of 1985
    What? Of course Adonis was still part of the WWE in March '85. He and Murdoch had just finished off their tag team with a feud against the US Express and once Adonis returned from a tour in Japan, they'd begin the revamping to turn him into Adorable.

Ken Patera didn't leave the company until later in the year. Not only did he work one of the last shows before Mania, but he also worked the first show after Mania too.

Rocky Johnson didn't leave the WWE until later in the year.

Tony Atlas was with the WWE throughout all of 1985.

Don Muraco was literally one of the top heels in March '85. In fact, his feud with Ricky Steamboat would be one of the bigger programs of '85.

The WWF really missed the boat with Windham
    Now in there defence a lot of it was Windham`s own doing, because of the legal problems his family was going through at the time
    You're mixing up Windham's two runs in the 80's. It was the second run in 1989 that had to be cut short due to Blackjack and Kendall getting busted for their little "Business". Windham left the WWE in 1985 out of his own desire.

Aside from Bundy getting a WWF Title shot at WM # 2, no one else in the Heenan Family was really given a program with WWF Champ Hogan aside from house shows until Rick Rude came along
    What are you talking about? That was practically all the Heenan Family did. The biggest feud in 1986 was Hulk Hogan vs Heenan Family member, Paul Orndorff. The biggest feud in 1987 was Hulk Hogan vs Heenan Family member, Andre the Giant. Guys like Harley Race and King Kong Bundy had little programs on TV.

Wendi Richter vs WWF Women`s Champion Lelani Kai

Wow
    This whole program with Richter/Cyndi Lauper vs Moolah was just unwatchable
    i wouldn`t have booked any of this shit to begin with, but since whats done is done, there has to be a payoff
    Richter winning the belt makes the most sense
    It was also the third biggest match on the show thanks to the fact that it played a huge role in the Rock 'n' Wrestling movement. Hell, they drew a monster rating on MTV for The Brawl to End it All. To this day, it may still hold the record for biggest rating ever for MTV.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'm a tad confused/have issue with some thing. Is this going to be an actual BTB or is it just rebooking what you would have done for one WrestleMania and then that's it? If that's the case, seems a bit of a waste because you'll have to wait 60 days until you can do another BTB. Also, it's all a bit.... bare? I understand not everyone cares about colours or making things look fancy but to me, and probably a few others, it's just a bit bland.

I don't know, this just doesn't seem like a proper BTB to me. I in no way mean to sound overly negative towards you or your decisions to book differently, though.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I'm a tad confused/have issue with some thing. Is this going to be an actual BTB or is it just rebooking what you would have done for one WrestleMania and then that's it? If that's the case, seems a bit of a waste because you'll have to wait 60 days until you can do another BTB. Also, it's all a bit.... bare? I understand not everyone cares about colours or making things look fancy but to me, and probably a few others, it's just a bit bland.

I don't know, this just doesn't seem like a proper BTB to me. I in no way mean to sound overly negative towards you or your decisions to book differently, though.
    I did not know this

I was planning on doing each one seperatly, but since I can only do one every 60 days i guess I will just add them onto this Thread

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I did not know this

I was planning on doing each one seperatly, but since I can only do one every 60 days i guess I will just add them onto this Thread
    Perhaps one should read the rules next time? 30 days in between BTB's if you reach 30 posts and 60 days if you don't reach 30 posts. Also, as Baldwin said, you could've made this way neater, it comes off as extremely lazy and most people besides Jim won't give this the time of day because it looks both awful and lacking of any sort of effort. I highly recommend you check out other threads here as reference.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

From the research i did on who was on the roster in the WWF. in March 1985

Adonis was on a hiatus

Johnson was either gone or on the verge of leaving

Atlas was on hiatus

Muraco was on hiatus

I wonder why Patera wasn`t put on the card since it appears that he was available

Intercontinental Champion

Status

From the research i did on who was on the roster in the WWF. in March 1985

Adonis was on a hiatus

Johnson was either gone or on the verge of leaving

Atlas was on hiatus

Muraco was on hiatus

I wonder why Patera wasn`t put on the card since it appears that he was available
    I use this site for my research and it has helped a lot for my btb thread. http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/95.htm

I've just had a look at the matches for 1985 pre WMania 1 and The Harts and The British Bulldogs were on the roster. http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/85.htm. This is a good site to use if you are going to do a btb thread in the near future.

Jim any idea when The Harts and The Bulldogs made their television debut?

I like the idea of ReBooking a WrestleMania show but maybe this could be done in a different section. Rebook WrestleMania cards thread rather than a btb thread on it. I'm up for that.
    Last edited by Kintaro; 04-13-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaro View Post
    The Harts were officially put together on the April 20th edition of Championship Wrestling. I uploaded their debut match on Youtube years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBX6hY9_F8

At the time of Mania 1, Neidhart was a singles heel managed by Jimmy Hart and Bret was a singles face.

I believe Bulldogs became full time members of the roster (They had some Canadian appearances back in '84) right about Mania 1.

So especially for TCON's battle royal idea (Not sure why he had so many guys pulling double duty though), it would have made perfect sense for Hart and Neidhart to be in it. Actually, with the creative freedom, the battle royal would be a good way to form the Hart Foundation. Neidhart and Hart can work together some in the battle royal and then it's a matter of Jimmy Hart realizing the potential and talking Bret into joining The Anvil after Mania.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaro View Post
    I use this site for my research and it has helped a lot for my btb thread. http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/95.htm

I've just had a look at the matches for 1985 pre WMania 1 and The Harts and The British Bulldogs were on the roster. http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/85.htm. This is a good site to use if you are going to do a btb thread in the near future.

I like the idea of ReBooking a WrestleMania show but maybe this could be done in a different section. Rebook WrestleMania cards thread rather than a btb thread on it. I'm up for that.
    Which Section should I put a Rebooking Wrestlemania Cards in ?

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I think WWE Discussion or General Pro Wrestling: Classic and General.

Status

It might be best to let the BTB mod decide if this thread is in the right section or not. It doesn't help anyone for posters to be told the wrong information.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Thread moved to Classic section. Hopefully you'll come to the BTB Section with a thread one day too.

Cheers.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

WWE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WWF Wrestling Classic 1985

November 7 1985

A One Night Single Elimination Tournament
    This was the Only time this concept was presented, as it was replaced by the King of the Ring Tournament the next year

Actual Results

1st Round

Adrian Adonis pinned Cprl Kirshner
    Dynamite Kid pinned Nikolai Volkoff
    Randy Savage pinned Ivan Putski
    Ricky Steamboat won via Forfeit over Davey Boy Smith when he couldn`t continue
    JYD pinned The Iron Sheik
    MoonDog Spot over Terry Funk via Countout
    Tito Santana pinned Don Muraco
    Paul Orndorff over Bob Orton via DQ

2nd Round

Dynamite Kid pinned Adrian Adonis
    Randy Savage pinned Ricky Steamboat bye using Brass Knuckles
    JYD pinned MoondDog Spot
    Tito Santana and Paul Orndorff fought to a Double Countout....Eliminating both wrestlers from the Tournament

WWF World Title Match

Champion Hulk Hogan over Roddy Piper via DQ

3rd Round

Randy Savage pinned The Dynamite Kid
    JYD...Bye

Finals

JYD over Randy Savage via Countout

1st Round...1st Match

Adrian Adonis vs Cprl. Kirshner

I would change both wrestlers

King Kong Bundy vs B Brian Blair

Bundy charges Blair to open the match, but misses
    Blair gets some offence in for a short time before being squashed by the Bundy Splash
    Bundy wins bye pinfall to advance to the 2nd Round

Bundy stays in the spotlight by being in the tournament
    Adonis would be changing his gimmick slowly over the next several months, and was lot in the shuffle at this point in the WWF
    Kirshner was not a big enough name to deserve a spot in the Tournament

1st Round...2nd Match

Dynamite Kid vs Nikolai Volkoff

While Volkoff is singing the Russian National Anthem
    Dynamite hits him with a dropkick off the top rope for the quick victory

Nothing wrong with the way this match was booked
    Dynamite is on the way up the card, while Volkoff is on his way down the card

1st Round..3rd Match

Randy Savage vs Ivan Putski

I would swap out Ivan Putski for Pedro Morales

Randy Savage vs Pedro Morales

Savage rushes Pedro to sart the match only to be hip tossed
    Savage tries to brawl with Pedro, but once again Pedro gets the best of him
    Savage rolls out of the ring to regroup..Pedro follows him out
    Savage shoves Elizabeth into Pedro
    Pedro checks on her while, Savage nails him off the top rope with a double fist
    Savage rolls him back into the ring, and goes up to the top rope
    Savage lands the flying elbow off the top rope for the clean pinfall victory in the middle of the ring

Bye pinning Pedro Morales, Savage can brag that he pinned a former WWF World Champion in the middle of the ring

1st Round...4th Match

Ricky Steamboat vs Davey Boy Smith

Instead of having Steamboat win by crotching DBS by accident
    I would have had Steamboat win cleanly after a scientific that saw DBS take Steamboat to the limit, but ultimately Steamboat`s experience would prove to be the difference
    Although DBS is upset that he lost, he still offers to shake Steamboat`s hand
    They shake each others hand as the crowd applauds

Davey Boy Smith comes out of the match looking good even in defeat
    In addition Davey Boy Smith isn`t injured

1st Round...5th Match

JYD vs Iron Sheik

Nothing wrong with the way this match was booked
    JYD wins by pinfall clean in the middle of the ring

JYD continues to be booked strongly
    Like Volkoff, the Sheik is sliding down the card

1st Round...6th Match

I would replace Moondog Spot with Killer Bee Jim Brunzell

Terry Funk vs Jim Brunzell

Brunzell uses his quickness and agility to get the upper hand early on
    Funk tries to slow things down, but continues to be outsmarted by Brunzell
    Frustrated, Funk decides to give up and head for the dressing room
    Brunzell tracks him down and throws him back into the ring
    Funk knees Brunzell when he tries to get back into the ring
    Funk starts working on Brunzell`s leg
    Brunzell gets in spurts of offence, but is stopped by Funk going back to Brunzell`s leg
    Ultimately Funk applies the spinning toe hold on Brunzell who tries to escape it, but eventually submits
    Funk wins the match by submission

Funk was made to look like a fool in his match against Moondog Spot
    For someone who had just recently started in the WWF he should have been booked to look stronger than he originally was
    Despite losing Brunzell still look okay for someone who is for the most part a tag team wrestler

1st Round...7th Match

Tito Santana vs Don Muraco

Instead of having Santana win by pinfall over Muraco
    I would have had Santana win by dq after the two had gone back and forth with Santana starting to pull away at the end
    Santana rolls up Muraco for what appears to be a sure three count
    Fugi throes salt into Santana`s eyes
    The Ref see`s this and dq`s Muraco
    With Santana rolling around in the ring temporarily blinded, Muraco uses Fugi Cane to beat on the downed Santana, until officials intervene
    Although Santana advances, he has to be helped back to the dressing room

Saves Muraco from taking a pinfall lose
    Santana being injured will play into how the Tournament plays out in the 2nd Round

1st Round...8th Match

Paul Orndorff vs Bob Orton Jr.

With animosity still boiling over between the two they start brawling right from the start of the match
    Orndorff wrestles cleanly throughout the match
    Orton puts his head through the ropes to get a break from Orndorff`s onslaught
    The Ref pushes back Orndorff, to give Orton a chance to get back into the ring
    While doing so, Orton reaches into his trunks and tries to pull out some sort of foreign object
    Orndorff hits Orton with a running knee to the back that propels Orton into the ringpost, which sends what ever he was grabbing for in his tights out of the ring
    Orndorff rolls up Orton for the pinfall victory

2nd Round Matches

King Kong Bundy vs the Dynamite Kid
    Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat
    JYD VS Terry Funk
    Paul Orndorff vs Tito Santana

Non Tournament Match

WWF World Tag Team Title Match

The Dream Team defend against the New US Express

Rotundo gets the early advantage
    Spivey comes in and gets the best of Valentine
    Beefcake finally gets the advantage
    Beefcake & Valentine keep Rotundo from making a tag
    Eventually Spivey is tagged in, and gets the advantage
    All 4 men end up in the ring
    Rotundo sunset flips Beefcake and goes for the pin
    Valentine drops the hammer on the back of Rotundo
    Beefcake covers Rotundo for the 3 count
    Winners and still WWF World Tag Team Champions...The Dream Team

A good way to Showcase the somewhat New Tag Champs
    They could have defended against the Hillbillies or SD Jones and a partner
    Gives the Dream Team so momentum for their program with the Bulldogs

2nd Round...1st match

The Dynamite Kid vs King Kong Bundy

Bobby Heenan leads Bundy down to the ring
    The bell rings and Bundy storms acroos the ring to try and squash Dynamite in the corner
    Dynamite sidesteps Bundy, and rolls him up for a quick two count coming out of the corner
    Bundy rolls out of the ring to regroup..Dynamite flies through the ropes and nails Bundy again
    Enraged, bundy charge back into the ring, only to be embarrased when he again misses Dynamite and falls out of the ring
    Heenan motions to the back for Studd to come down to ringside
    The distraction allows Bundy to get the upperhand..Using his size advantage, Bundy clobbers Dynamite for several minute until tossing him out of the ring
    Bundy then distracts the ref allowing Studd to ram Dynamite into the ring steps
    Davey Boy runs down to ringside and attacks Studd
    Bundy then goes out to assist Studd, followed by Dynamite
    All four brawl outside of the ring, until the Ref calls for the bell...declaring the match a Double Count Out
    Both King Kong Bundy & The Dynamite Kid are eliminated from the Tournament due to the Double Countout

The Dynamite Kid looks good, by holding his own in a match against the much larger Bundy
    Bundy isn`t beaten cleanly, thus is kept looking strong
    When the Bulldogs do eventually win the Tag Team Titles...they have set up a program with Bundy & Studd challenging for the Titles

2nd Round...2nd Match

Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat

Both men start of slowly feeling each other out
    These two have great chemistry together in the ring and the crowd is in awe of what they are seeing
    As the match nears the time limit, Steamboat tries to nail savage with a cross body black off the top rope
    At the last second, Savage ducks and Steamboat ends up nailing the Ref
    With the ref taken out momentarily Steam boat uses chops and arm drags to continue to soften up Savage
    Once again Steamboat comes off the top rope with a cross body block and covers savage for an apparent three count
    The Ref calls for the bell...Steam boat celebrates as savage argues with the Ref
    The Ref conferes with the ring announcer...the ring announcers conveys the message that the Ref has dq`d Steamboat for hitting the Ref
    Savage grabs Elizabeth by the arm and makes a hasty retreat to the back while steam boat stands in the ring stunned by the Refs decision

This match would for shadow what is to come a few months down the road
    Both come out looking very strong and neither take a pinfall lose

2nd round...3rd Match

JYD vs Terry Funk

JYD gets the early upperhand, using the headbutt to send Funk outside of the ring
    JYD grabs Funk`s cowboy hat and mocks him
    Eventually Funk gets the upper hand, raking JYD`s eyes and working on his leg to set up the spinning toe hold submission
    Funk take JYD outside the ring and rams him into the gate
    Back in the ring funk plays to the crowd, not aware that JYD is making his way back into the ring
    Funk turns around only to be met with another headbutt..JYD then hits a running bodyslam, and goes for the cover
    Jimmy hart gets up on the ring apron to distract JYD
    JYD grabs Hart and hurls him into the ring, giving him a headbutt...Meanwhile Funk picks up Hart`s megaphone in an attempt to nail JYD with it
    JYD blocks the attempt and give Funk yet another headbutt...the ref sees Funk with the Megapkone and rings the bell dq`ing Funk
    Frustrated Funk makes his way to the back
    JYD gets his hand raised in victory and is ready to make his way to the back, when he realizes that Hart is still lying prone in the ring
    JYD grabs Funk`s unattended Branding Iron and makes his way over to Hart
    JYD tears Hart`s clothes off down to his underwear, and then Brands the almost naked Hart

The events that took place at the end of this match will play a big role in how the 3rd round of the Tournament plays out

2nd Round.....4th Match

Paul Orndorff vs Tito Santana

Santana is still showing the effects of his previous match with Muraco from the 1st Round
    At first Orndorff is hesitant to attack the weakened Santana
    Santana insists that he can go on, and starts landing some shots on Orndorff
    Pissed off, Orndorff starts wailing on Santana, including raking his already weakened eyes
    With limited vision Santana wildly swings but misses his target each time
    Orndorff rolls up Santana for the pin near the ropes, and uses his feet on the ropes to insure the victory

The match tells a story
    Santana comes off looking good even though he lost
    OrnDorffs character is given more depth

Semi-Finals

Randy Savage gets a Bye to the Finals
    JYD vs Paul Orndorff

Semi-Finals...1st Match

Randy Savage gets at bye into the Finals

With the Bundy and the Dynamite Kid match ending in a Double DQ...Savage has no semi-Final ooponent and awaits either Paul Orndorff or the JYD in the Finals

As it was originally booked...JYD got a bye into the Finals...It doesn`t really make sense that a Face would get a Bye, because it makes it look like he had an easier path through the Tournament.

Semi-Finals...2nd Match

JYD vs Paul Orndorff

Orndorff awaits JYD in the ring as he makes his way to the ring
    Still enraged by what happened to Jimmy Hart in the last Round...Terry Funk attacks JYD from behind
    Funk drives JYD`s head into the cement floor, and then picks him up and rolls him into the ring...Funk spits on JYD then leaves the ringside area
    Officials run down to check on the condition of JYD
    Orndorrf is not sure what to do, as he asks the Officials if JYD can continue..JYD slowly comes too, and motions to the officials that he wants to contunue
    As JYD slowly makes his way to his feet the bell rings to officially start the match...Orndorff clothes lines him and goes for the cover but only gets a two count
    Orndorff does a sunset flip, and once again goes for the cover..JYD kicks out again
    JYD manages to land a headbutt, that sends Orndorff out of the ring..Frustrated Orndorff storms the ring and clips JYD in the back of the knees
    The crowd starts to boo Orndorff, who seems to be conflicted
    Orndorff sets up JYD for a piledriver, while still looking out into the crowd as they continue to boo him and plead for him not to piledrive the already injured JYD
    Orndorff piledrives JYD...The Ref makes the count of three..Orndorff immediately storms to the back

Although JYD was pinned he still looks strong and heroic because he never gave up
    Adds more fuel to JYD/ Funk rivalry

Finals

Randy Savage vs Paul Orndorff

Non Tournament Match

WWF World Title Match

Hulk Hogan defends against Roddy Piper

Roddy piper makes his way to the ring alongside Bob Orton
    Hulk Hogan`s music his and he makes his way to the ring
    Paul Orndorff is shown on camera in his dressing preparing for his match against Savage with earphones on listening to music
    When Hogan sees Orton with Piper, he looks back to the dressing room for Orndorff
    Piper attacks Hogan from behind outside the ring to begin the match..Piper then slides back into the ring..The Ref keeps him from the ropes to allow Hogan to get back into the ring
    Orton uses this opportunity to kick Hogan while the Ref is distracted with Piper
    Piper then slides out of the ring to beat on Hogan some more
    Hogan finally gets the upperhand and slams Piper & Orton together outside of the ring
    Hogan puts Piper back in the ring and tosses him into the ropes for a big boot..Piper avoids contact by holding onto the ropes and bails out of the ring
    Piper motions that he has had enough and motions that he is leaving...Hogan chases after him, and catches up with him just before he is about to go through the drapes
    Hogan picks him up and carries him back to the ring..After a clothesline Hogan goes for the cover
    Orton jumps up onto the apron with a chair...Hogan aborts the pin attempt, and goes over to Orton and kicks the chair that Orton is holding which hits him in the face, knocking him to the floor
    The Ref admonishes Hogan and tells him to concentrate on what is going on in the ring...Piper use this opportunity to pull out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights
    Piper knees Hogan in the back which makes Hogan collide with the Ref knocking him down...While Hogan is checking on the Ref...Piper taps him on the shoulder
    When Hogan turns around...Piper blasts him right between the eyes with the brass knuckles...Hogan drops to the mat. out cold...Piper throws the brass knuckles into the crowd
    Piper revives the Ref, then drags him over to the prone Hogan...The Ref looks around trying to figure out what happened
    With no evidence..the Ref drops to his knees as Piper covers Hogan..1..2..3 and the match is over
    WINNER....New WWF World Champion.....​Roddy Piper

While Hogan lost he still looks strong as he dominated in the match
    I would have Hogan challenge Piper for the WWF Title at Wrestlemania 2 in a Steel Cage Match

Wrestling Classic..Tournament Final

Randy Savage vs Paul Orndorff

Orndorff still seems torn as to whether he should try and win cleanly or take short cuts
    Savage gets the early advantage..Orndorff cuts him off with a low blow...the crowd starts booing Orndorff
    Orndorff slides out of the ring. and starts arguing with the crowd, and then starts moving towards Elizabeth..Enraged Savage nail Orndorff in the back with a high knee
    Savage gets Orndorff back in the ring, and continues to get the better of Orndorff, but Orndorff is able to recover, and get the advantage on Savage
    Orndorff sets up Savage for the spike piledriver, but Savage reverses it, and stuns Orndorff with a running clothes line
    Savage comes off the top rope with an elbow that catches Orndorff in the middle of the chest
    Savage covers Orndorff for the 3 count...The ref raises Savage hand in victory
    Savage slides out of the ring, and grabs Elizabeth1s hand as they make a quick retreat from the ringside area
    Orndorff freaks out, and starts yelling at the REf...The ref leaves the ring. leaving Orndorff to vent by himself

1985 Wrestling Classic Tournament Winner

Randy Savage
    Last edited by TCON; 04-26-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Status

Re: Rebooking The Wrestling Classic..1985

You know, you really don't need to make each match a different reply. All you're doing is inflating your post count.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WCCW Parade of Champions

May 6 1984

Actual Results

Johny Mantell fought Kelly Kiniski to a Time Limit Draw
    Chris Adams & Sunshine defeated Jimmy Garvin & Precious
    JYD won by dq over the Missing Link
    Kamala fought The Great Kabuki to a Draw
    Butch Reed defeated Chick Donovan
    Buck Zumhofe & IceMan Parsons defeated The Super Destroyers to win the American Tag Team Titles
    Kevin...Mike & Ftritz Von Erich defeated The Freebirds to win the World Six Man Tag team Titles
    Kerry Von Erich pinned Ric Flair to win the NWA World Title

Originally David Von Erich was scheduled to face Ric Flair for the NWA World Title
    David Von Erich passed away in February of 1984. so Kerry Von Erich was inserted into David`s spot on the Card

I am going to Rebook this card as if David Von Erich had not passed away, and challenged Ric Flair for the NWA World Title that afternoon

Had things played out the way they were originally planned too..The Landscape of both World Class Wrestling and the entire NWA could of changed Greatly

Over View of the Card

I realize that this is still in the early days of having SuperCards/PPVs, but a lot of the lower card on this event is just horrible

..An aging Johny Mantell
    ...Kelly Kiniski
    ...Chick Donavon

Wrestlers not used on the Card

...Brian Adias
    ...Skandar Akbar
    ...Gino Hernandez

Match # 1

Johny Mantell vs Kelly Kiniski

I would scrap this match and replace it with..

Match # 1

Gino Hernandez vs Brian Adias

A Scientific match that sees the action go back and forth
    Hernandez wins cleanly with a reversal of a pin attempt by Adias at the 9 minute mark

It is better for Kiniski to not be on the card at all, than it is for him to not be able to defeat Johnny Mantel
    I believe Hernandez is still a Face at this point...Even if he is a Heel at this point or somewhere in between..A clean victory here will work as a showcase for his pending push in the months to come

Match # 2

Chris Adams & Sunshine vs Jimmy Garvin & Precious

This was fine for what it was
    At some point in the match have a Catfight between Sunshine and Precious
    Sunshine scores the pinfall on Precious

Adams & Garvin are kept strong by not taking the fall in the match

Match # 3

JYD vs the Missing Link

JYD winning by dq was a good way to book this match because you don`t want either to lose cleanly

I am assuming that there were long term plans for both men at this time..JYD ended up in the WWF within a few months of this match

Match # 4

Kamala vs The Great Kabuki

Instead of booking this match to end in a Draw
    I would have them fighting all over the stadium
    The Ref can`t control the brawl, and throws the match out

Kabuki was in WCCW for along time when times were bad, and just as business was picking up he left WCCW, and pretty much vanished from the wrestling landscape

Match # 5

Butch Reed vs Chick Donavon

Could have been a jobber against Reed in this match
    Reed wins cleanly

Just a match to Showcase Butch Reed

Match # 6

Buck Zumhofe & Iceman Parsons challenge The Super Destroyers for the American Tag Team Titles

Instead of Zumhofe & Parsons winning the titles, I would have had The Super Destroyers retain the belts
    After a hard fought battle, Zumhofe ends up being pinned

Having Buck Zumhofe holding a Championship makes the company look weak
    Parson`s could find another partner and win the titles with him a few weeks down the road

Match # 7

Kevin...Mike ...Fritz Von Erich challenge The Freebirds for the World 6 Man Tag Team Titles

I would replace Fritz Von Erich with Kerry Von Erich

A wild brawl that ends up with Kevin scoring the pinfall on Buddy Roberts to win the titles

Fritz winning the title and then just giving it up makes no sense

Match # 8

Fritz Von Erich vs Skandar Akbar

Fritz goes on the attack tossing Akbar around the ring
    Akbar rolls out of the ring and motions for his stable to come down and help him out
    Kevin...Kerry... and Mike keep anybody from getting to the ring to save Akbar
    Fritz gets Akbar back into the ring and puts on the Iron Claw
    Akbar submits within seconds

Outcome of the match makes the hometown faithful happy
    Ftritz doesn`t really have to do much in the match, as it only lasts a few minutes

Match # 9

Main Event

David Von Erich challenges Ric flair for the NWA World Title

Since DVE is more skilled in the ring, I would have this match go 45 minutes
    DVE applies the Iron Claw
    Flair fights to get to the ropes to break the hold
    Flair ends up in the Claw again, and makes to the ropes again
    Despite his best efforts Flair gets caught in the Claw for a third time
    DVE brings flair to his knees, and eventually, Flair ends up flat on his back with the Claw still on
    To Flair`s credit he never submits, but rather passes out and is pinned

New NWA World Champion.....
    David Von Erich

If David Von Erich had won the NWA Title that day, my belief is that he would have retained for more than a couple of weeks like Kerry did
    Many people over the years have stated that DVE was being groomed to be a travelling NWA World Champion
    Now if DVE had died a few weeks or months after this match i would imagine that the NWA Title would have just been put back on Ric Flair
    But if DVE hadn`t have died and wrestled for another decade or so...How would have things played out ?

World Class pulling out of the NWA

KVE only got a 2 week title reign, and no other VE got an NWA Title reign
    IF DVE was around he would have had a reasonably lengthy title reign, and possibly multiple title reigns
    With DVE as NWA Champion...World Class probably wouldn`t have pulled out of the NWA in 1985

Death of WCCW

David Von Erich`s death was the beginning of the end for WCCW
    It was a gradual slide but, WCCW was never the same after David`s death
    Had DVE survived WCCW could have ended up being a successful part of the NWA or could have been a success on their own

NWA or WWF

Where would DVE end up if there was only JCP or the WWF ?

I think he would have been a better fit in the NWA, along the lines of a Barry Windham character

NWA Starrcade 1983

Actual Results

November 24 1983

The Assassins defeated Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy Mcgraw
    Kevin Sullivan & Mark Lewin defeated Scott McGee & Johny Weaver
    Abbdullah The Butcher defeated Carlos Colon
    Bob Orton & Dic Slater defeated Mark Youngblood & Wahoo McDaniel
    Charlie Brown defeated The Great Kabuki to win the NWA TV Title
    Roddy Piper defeated Greg Valentine in a Dog Collar Match
    Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood defeated Jack & Jerry Brisco to win the NWA World Tag Team Titles
    Ric Flair defeated Harley Race in a Steel Cage Match to win the NWA World Title

Match # 1

The Assassins vs Bugsy Mcgraw & Rufus R Jones

The Assassin`s use their strength and age advantage to put away the veteran duo in 6 minutes

Nothing wrong with the way this was booked
    The Assissin`s were showcased on a major show
    For those who don`t know...Later on down the road...Assassin # 2 would be unmasked and revealed as Hercules Hernandez

Match # 2

Kevin Sullivan & Mark Lewin vs Scotty McGee & Johny Weaver

I would Scrap this match and replace it with...

Match # 2

12 Man Bunkhouse Battle Royal

Entrants

Angelo Mosca
    Kevin Sullivan
    Dory Funk Jr
    Wahoo McDaniel
    Mark Youngblood
    Bob Orton
    Dic Slater
    Gene Anderson
    Mark Lewin
    Scotty McGee
    Johnny Weaver
    Kelly Kiniski

Dressed in their Bunkhouse attire all 12 men await the bell to start the match
    Sullivan & Lewin team up to eliminate Kiniski and Mcgee, while Orton & Slater team up to eliminate Gene Anderson and Mark Younyblood
    Angelo Mosca and Dory Funk Jr battle against the ropes, both trying to eliminate the other...Slater & Orton sneak up behind them and lift their feet eliminating both of them
    Johnny Weaver smacks Sullivan and Lewin`s heads together..Stunned Weaver is able to eliminate Lewin..Sullivan recovers and eliminate Weaver
    Down to the Final Four....Orton...Slater..Sullivan...McDaniel
    Slater & Orton move towards McDaniel, while Sullivan takes a breather in the corner
    Orton & Slater rethink their strategy and double team Sullivan, while Wahoo acts as a spectator
    Orton & Slater dispatch of Sullivan
    Feeling good about themselves. they fail to see that Wahoo is right behind them...Slater turns around only to receive a chop to the chest that propels him over the top rope
    Only Bob Orton & Wahoo McDaniel remain
    McDaniel corners Orton and gives him repeated chops..Orton falls to the mat...Wahho tries to get him over the top rope but can`t
    Orton gets the advantage and comes off the rope with an elbow to Wahoo`s head
    Seeing that Wahoo is stunned..Orton comes off the rope with a flying clothes line..Wahoo ducks as Orton bounces backwards off the ropes
    Wahoo is waiting for him when he gets up..Orton takes a chop to the head that sends him over the top rope

Winner of the Bunkhouse Battle Royal...Wahoo McDaniel

Match # 3

Abdullah The Butcher vs Carlos Colon

Instead of having Abby defeating Colon...I would book a blood bath between the 2 that ends in a double countout or double dq

With a majority of the card being booked to end with decisive winners and losers...this match would give the card a little variety
    Since both are from WWC, it would probably be best for the their feud to end in WWC

Match # 4

Bob Orton & Dic Slater vs Mark Youngblood & Wahoo McDaniel

When Wahoo is in the ring he has the advantage, but when Youngblood is in, Slater & Orton have the advantage
    Near the end of the match Youngblood tries a flying cross body block that misses...Orton sets him up for a Superplex off the ropes
    Orton pins Youngblood for the win

Wahoo still looks strong because he didn`t take the fall
    Orton & Slater are made to look good in this match after being out shined in the Battle Royal by Wahoo

Match # 5

Charlie Brown challenges The Great Kabuki.....NWA TV Title....Mask vs the Title

Brown winning the title is the only way this match could have been booked

The last 4 matches of Starrcade 1983 all had great storylines behind them
    In time Jimmy Valiant was reinstated, and at the same time Charlie Brown vanished

Match # 6

Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine...Dog Collar Match

This was a great match
    I would have booked this as a US Title match

Both left for the WWF within a few months of this match
    I would have had Piper get stripped of the Title because he couldn`t defend it due to his injuries from the Dog Collar Match
    A Tournament would be set up to fill the vacated US Title

Match # 7

Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood challenge Jack & Jerry Brisco for the NWA World Tag Team Titles

The perfect ending to another great program

Steamboat & Youngblood had an excellent year as they were involved in 2 strong feuds...Slaughter & Krenodle being the other feud
    Both the Brisco`s and Steamboat would move to the WWF within months of this match

Match # 8

Ric Flair challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Title...Steel Cage Match

After Race put up roadblock after roadblock to keep Flair from getting between him and the NWA Title...Flair wins back the NWA Title

This marked the end of an era
    The last time Harley Race would be the NWA World Champion....Years later it was recognized that Flair lost and then won back the title from Race during a tour in Australia
    Flair would be the last travelling NWA World Champion...Kerry Von Erich did win the title for 2 weeks in 1984..by the time Dusty Rhodes and then Ronnie Garvin beat Flair...The NWA Territories were gone
    Last edited by TCON; 04-26-2014 at 01:31 PM.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

The NWA WORLD TITLE from January 1st 1985 through February 28 1985
    .............................................................................................................

Ric Flair is the NWA World Champion on January 1st

The NWA Title will be defended throughout the NWA Territories, as well Canada...Australia ...Japan...Caribbean.

Monday January 1 1985

NWA Florida...Tampa Bay House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Jesse Barr

Flair pins Barr cleanly with a roll-up at the 25 minute mark

....Flair retains the NWA World Title

#################################################

Tuesday January 2 1985

NWA Florida...Jacksonville..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Pez Whatley

Whatley comes close to pinning Flair on a couple of occasions, but ends up submitting to the Figure Four Leglock at the 31 minute mark

Flair retains The NWA World Title

###############################################

Wednesday January 3rd 1985

NWA Florida...Miami Beach...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Jesse Barr

Flair hits Barr with a back Suplex at the 22 minute mark for the pinfall victory

##################################################

Friday January 5 1985

NWA St.Louis...St.Louis...House show

NWA World Title Match

Ric flair defends against Bulldog Bob Brown

Flair pins the aging Brown at the 16 minute mark

################################################

Sunday January 7 1985

NWA St. Louis..St. Louis...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric flair defends against Bruiser Brody

Brody pouches on Flair early using his size advantage to send Flair reeling
    Flair slows the pace of the match down by stalling for time outside the ring
    Flair concentrates on Brody`s legs in order to cut him down to size..Flair than use mat wrestling to control his bigger foe
    At the 35 minute mark Flair tries to apply the Figure Four, but Brody reverses it into a small package for a count of 2
    Flair rakes Brody`s eyes to get the advantage, and goes for a suplex that is blocked by Brody
    Brody then nails Flair with a running powerslam..The Ref counts too 2, when Flair gets his foot on the bottom rope to break the count
    Brody then nails Flair with a boot to the side of the head which knocks Flair into the Ref..Flair rolls to the side while Brody checks on the Ref
    Flair nails Brody in the back with a knee that sends him over the top rope...Flair drops to one knee to get some rest
    Brody storms back into the ring, and drives Flair into the mat..Brody throws Flair into the ropes and catches him in a sleeper when he comes off the ropes
    Flair tries to fight out of the sleeper but is starting go asleep when the ref calls for the bell
    Brody releases Flair and starts jumping up and down as the crowd cheers wildly..Brody grabs the NWA World title and holds it over his head
    The Ref goes over to the ring announcer, who then gets in the ring to announce that Ric Flair has lost the match by dq for throwing Brody over the top rope

Friday January 12 1985

NWA-Georgia...Savanah...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Ronnie Garvin

In a spirited affair, Flair is able to survive Ronnie Garvin and pin him with a Sunset Flip at the 29 minute mark

Sunday January 14 1985

NWA-Georgia...Atlanta...The Omni

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Tommy Rich

Rich has Flair close to defeat several times during the first 10 minutes of the match
    At the 35 minute mark, Flair applies the Figure Four on Rich but he is able to reverse it and Flair makes it to the ropes to break the hold
    Rich trues a cross body block off the top rope, but flair rolls through it and hooks Rich`s legs and gets the 3 count

Wednesday January 17 1985

NWA-JCP....Greenville....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Wahoo McDaniel

Flair has the upper hand in the match when Tully Blanchard comes down to ringside to aid Wahoo
    Flair slides out of the ring and starts brawling with Blanchard...Wahoo watches from inside the ring
    Tully keeps Flair from getting back into ring, causing him to be counted out

Thursday January 18 1985

NWA-JCP...Charleston..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Tully Blanchard

Flair makes Blanchard submit to the Figure Four at the 21 minute mark

Friday January 19 1985

NWA-JCP...Raleigh...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Magnum TA

Both wrestlers shake hands to begin the match
    Flair is working on Magnum`s leg with just under 5 minute to go in the match until the time limit
    Flair applies the Figure Four, but Magnum makes it to the ropes with under 1 minute to go in the match
    Flair rushes Magnum but is caught with a belly to belly suplex
    Magnum covers Flair as the bell rings to signify that the time limit has expired

Flair retains The NWA World title

Saturday January 20 1985

NWA-JCP...Greensboro..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Tully Blanchard

At the 25 minute mark Blanchard knees Flair in the back sending him outside the ring
    Blanchard gets flair back into the ring, and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights
    Blanchard takes a swing at Flair who ducks, and hits Blanchard with a back suplex
    Blanchard drops the Brass knuckles in front of the Ref...The Ref calls for the bell..Dq`ing Blanchard

Sunday January 21 1985

NWA-JCP...Charlotte...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Dusty Rhodes

Both wrestlers are cheered as they shake hands to begin the match
    Rhodes dominates early as Flair tries to regroup
    Flair gets Rhodes in the sleeper hold at the 35 minute mark, but Rhodes escapes
    Rhodes rolls up Flair for a two count
    Flair applies the Figure Four on Rhodes in the middle of the ring at the 46 minute mark
    Out of nowhere, Blanchard charges the ring with a steel chair..attacking both Flair & Rhodes
    The Ref calls for the bell...Double DQ due to outside interference

Wednesday January 24 1985

NWA-JCP...Ashville...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Dusty Rhodes

Both wrestlers are cheered as they shake hands to begin the match
    At the 20 minute mark the action spills out of the ring and into the crowd, as they brawl all the way to the dressing room
    Ref calls for the bell...Double Countout

Friday January 26 1985

NWA-JCP...Spartenburg...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Wahoo takes the early advantage with chops to Flair`s head and chest
    Wahoo then brawls with Flair on the floor
    Back in the ring Flair starts taking control of the match
    At the 36 minute mark..Flair applies the Figure Four
    Sensing that wahoo is about to submit...Blanchard charges the ring and attacks Flair
    The ref calls for the bell..DQ`ing Wahoo for outside interference

Flair retains the NWA World Title

Sunday January 28 1985

NWA-JCP...Richmond..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Harley Race

There is still a lot of animosity between the two as they brawl to begin the match
    Race gets several near falls early in the match
    Flair`s conditioning proves to be the difference as the match progresses
    Race goes for the piledriver at the 41 minute mark, but flair reverses it, and and body slams Race
    Flair comes off the 2nd rope with a sunset flip..Flair covers Race for the 3 count
    Flair & Race shake hands and embrace...the crowd gives both men a standing ovation as they raise each others arms

Wednesday January 31 1985

Australia...Sydney....House Show

NWA World Title Match...Best 2 out of 3 Falls

Flair made Race submit to the Figure Four at the 32 minute mark to go up 1 fall to 0
    Race pinned Flair by putting his feet on the ropes for extra leverage at the 52 minute mark to even things up at 1 fall a piece
    Both Flair and Race try to score a pinfall before the time limit but neither can do so, and the match ends in a time limit draw

###################################

Friday February 2 1985

Australia...Melbourne...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Flair use his feet to get extra leverage from the turnbuckle to pin Race at the 16 minute mark

###################################

Tuesday February 6 1985

New Japan...Tokyo...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Antonio Inoki

Despite Inoki`s age he still has a good showing in this match
    Flair was close to being pinned on a couple of occasions, but was able to hold on until the 30 minute mark
    The match is declared a time limit draw

##################################

Friday February 9 1985

ALL Japan...Tokyo..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Giant Baba

Flair has trouble dealing with his much larger opponent
    Flair works on Baba`s legs to try and weaken him enough to try and apply the Figure Four
    Baba nails Flair with a chop between the eyes which sends Flair to the outside
    Flair decides not to try and get back in the ring and is counted out of the ring

Saturday February 15 1985

ALL Japan..Tokyo..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Jumbo Tsuruta

A very scientific bout that ends in a 30 minute time limit draw

Sunday February 11 1985

ALL Japan...Tokyo..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Bruiser Brody

Brody charges the ring and starts beating on the startled Flair
    Flair retreats to the outside, but Brody follows him to continue his assault
    Flair tries to get back in the ring and slow things down but Brody picks flair up and nails him with a running powerslam
    Flair gets his foot on the bottom rope at the count of 2 to stop the count
    Flair slides out of the ring again, only to be chased down by Brody again
    Flair rams Brody`s head into the ringpost, which seems to anger Brody more than hurt him
    Flair picks up a chair and swings it at Brody, only to have Brody block it with his foot, which knocks the chair into Flairs face
    Brody picks up the chair and repeatdly hits Flair in the back with it
    The Ref calls for the bell..Counting out both men

####################################

Wednesday February 14 1985

WWC...San Juan..Stadium Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Carlos Colon

Abbdullah The Butcher attacks Colon as he makes his way to the ring to start the bout
    A bloodied Colon finally makes it in the ring to start the bout
    Flair attacks right away trying to end the match quickly, but Colon hangs on
    Flair takes the action outside of the ring and continues to beat on Colon when Abby returns
    Abby drives Flair into the ringpost, and then pulls something out of his trunks and attacks Colon`s forehead
    Officials are finally able to get Abby to away from the ringside area
    The Ref checks on Colon and deems that he is unfit to continue, and calls for the the match to end

#################################

Friday February 16 1985

WWC...San Juan...Stadium Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Abbdullah The Butcher

Flair attacks Abby as soon as the bell rings to start the match
    The action moves outside of the ring as Flair tries to stay away from Abby
    Abby pulls something out of his trunks to stab Flair with, when out of nowhere Colon attacks Abby
    Colon & Abby brawl throughout the infield of the baseball stadium...Flair decides to just leave and makes his way back to the dressing rooms
    The Ref calls for the bell..throwing the match out

Sunday February 18 1985

AWA...Winnipeg...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Nick Bockwinkle

Both men shake hands to begin the match
    Flair gets Bockwinkle in the Figure Four at the 20 minute mark, but Bockwinkle is able to make his way to the ropes to break the hold
    10 minutes left until the 30 minute time limit
    Bockwinkle gets the better of Flair as the AWA crowd gets behind him
    Bockwinkle puts the sleeper on Flair with 20 seconds to go until the time limit
    Flair is able to hold on until the time limit expires
    Both men shake hands at the end of the match

Wednesday February 21 1985

Maple Leaf Wrestling...Kitchener...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Dory Funk Jr.

A Scientific match with both men using mat wrestling to try and get the upperhand
    At the 21 minute mark, Funk back suplexes Flair and goes for the pin
    Just as the Ref is to count three, Flair lifts his right shoulder. While Funk had both shoulders down while trying to pin Flair
    Funk jumps up and down thinking he is the new champ. until the ref gives him the bad news

Thursday February 22 1985

Maple Leaf Wrestling...London...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Dick Slater

Flair attacks Slater before the bell..ramminig his head into the ring post
    Flair continues to beat on Slater
    Slater tries to retreat to the dressing room but is caught by Flair who brings him back to the ring
    Slater tries to mount a comeback but is bested by Flair
    Flair drops and elbow on Slater and rolls him out of the ring
    Flair piledrives Slater on the floor
    The Ref calls for the bell..DQ`ing Flair

################################

Saturday February 24 1985

MoscaMania...Hamilton...SuperShow

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Ivan Koloff

Flair gets the upper hand early on
    Koloff uses his power to take control
    Koloff gets a two count on Flair following a powerslam
    At the 20 minute mark Flair gets Koloff in the Figure Four in the middle of the ring
    Just when it looks as though Koloff is going to submit, Nikita slides into the ring and attacks Flair
    Both Koloff`s attack Flair until Dusty Rhodes makes the save
    The Ref DQ`S Koloff for outside interference

Sunday February 25 1985

International Wrestling...Montreal...House Show...Afternoon

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Steve Strong

Flair is overpowered by Strong early on
    Flair pokes Strong in the eyes to get the advantage
    Strong makes a comeback, and looks as though he is about to put Flair away when he goes for a clothesline and accidentaly hits the ref
    Strong puts Flair in the backbreaker..Flair tries to escape but can`t...The Ref makes his way back into the ring and calls for the bell
    Strong takes the belt and raises it over his head..The ref takes the belt from Strong and tells him that he is DQ`d for hitting an Official
    Strong takes back the belt and lays it across a prone Flair before leaving the ring

International Wrestling...Montreal..House Show...Evening

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Dino Bravo

Already weakened from his match earlier in the day against Strong..Flair tries to end things early against Bravo
    Bravo is able to counter flair`s early attack and get the upperhand
    At the 22 minute mark bravo scales the turnbuckles to try and nail flair with an elbow when Steve Strong pushes him off the ropes from behind
    Bravo hits his head on the railing outside of the ring
    The Ref calls for the bell, due to outside interference
    Strong then decides to charge Flair, who quickly scampers back to the dressing room to avoid another confrontation with Strong

Monday February 26 1985

NWA-Continental...Birmingham...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Bob Armstrong

The aging Armstrong doesn`t pose as much of a threat, as flair pins him cleanly at the 14 minute mark

Tuesday February 27 1985

NWA-WCCW...TV Taping

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Mike Von Erich

Mike comes close to pinning Flair on a couple of occasions early on in the match
    At the 11 minute mark..Flair applies the Figure Four
    Mike tries to fight it for as log as he can but ends up submitting
    Flair then gets a chair from ringside., and wraps it around Mikes knee
    Flair is on the middle rope about to come down on Mike`s knee when Kevin Von Erich makes the save

Wednesday February 28 1985

NWA-WCCW...Dallas...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Kevin Von Erich

Kevin attacks Flair on his way to the ring
    Kevin is on the offence for the first 10 minutes of the match
    Flair tries to leave but is met by Kerry inn the middle of the aisle
    Flair slides back into the ring to avoid Kerry, only to walk into Kevin and the Iron Claw
    Flair tries to fight out of the claw but can`t escape
    Flair finally gets his head between the 2nd and 3rd ropes, but Kevin still has the Claw Applied
    The Ref tells Kevin to break the hold but he refuses
    The Ref calls for the bell, DQ`ind Kevin Von Erich
    Several Officials have to come from the back to get Kevin to finally release the Claw

Summary

...Early in 1985 the territories are already starting to die off as the WWF swept up most of the top names from each Territory
    ...Flair is hated in WCCW...Loved in JCP and Canada
    ...Flair is still wrestling a lot outside of the US, mainly because the pool of credible challengers for the NWA Title from the US based territories is slowly drying up
    ...One mistake I feel that the NWA/JCP made was not making a concerted effort to keep a presence in Canada once the WWF started expanding..
    Last edited by TCON; 05-05-2014 at 10:23 AM.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Re: TCON Rebooks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The NWA World Title.....March 1985

Friday March 2 1985

Pro Wrestling USA....Baltimore...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Sgt. Slaughter

Closing Moments.....At the 35 minute mark Slaughter throws Flair off the ropes and catches him in the Cobra Clutch...Flair looks as though he is about to submit when Boris Zukof attacks Slaughter from behind
    causing the DQ

Saturday March 3 1985

Pro Wrestling USA.....East Rutherford..House Show

NWA World Title Match

Closing Moments...Race drops and elbow and goes for the cover but only gets a count of 2...Race tries to drop another elbow but misses...Flair front cradles Race for the pinfall victory

Sunday March 4 1985

Pro Wrestling USA...Philadelphia....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Bob Backlund

Closing Moments...Flair goes for an armbar, but Backlund turns it into a Chicken Wing...Flair struggles to make it to the ropes...Flair finally does and uses his feet to push off the ropes, and propel back on top of Backlund..
    With the wind knocked out of Backlund..Flair covers him for the 3 count

Tuesday March 6 1985

NWA-JCP...TV Tapings

Ric Flair pins a jobber
    Ric Flair pins a jobber

Wednesday March 7 1985

NWA-JCP...Greensboro....House Show

Ric Flair & Dusty Rhodes defeated Tully Blanchard & Wahoo McDaniel when Rhodes pinned Tully with an elbow

Friday March 9 1985

NWA-JCP...Greenville....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Wahoo Mcdaniel

Closing Moments...At the 40 minute mark Wahoo chops flair in the chest that sends him through the ropes to the floor...Wahoo rams Flair`s head into the ring steps...Flair low blows Wahoo, and rams his head into the ringpost...Wahoo land another chop on Flair`s chest...Flair low blows Wahoo....The Ref calls for the bell, counting both men out of the ring...Double Countout

Saturday March 10 1985

NWA-JCP....Columbia...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Wahoo Mcdaniel

Closing Moments....The the 32 minute mark Flair has Wahoo in the Sleeper...Wahoo tries to get to the ropes but falls to one knee...Tully Blanchard comes into the ring and hits Flair with a chair from behind...Blanchard beats on Flair until Dusty comes in to make the save...Wahoo is DQ`d for outside interference

Sunday March 11 1985

NWA-JCP...Charlotte....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Magnum TA

Closing Moments.....With under 2 minutes left in the match until the time limit, Flair has Magnum in the Sleeper hold..Magnum fights it and gets to the ropes to break the hold with 1 minute to go until the time limit...Flair charges Magnum only to be back body dropped...Flair tries to get out of the ring but is caught by Magnum..Flair takes a swing at Magnum but misses...Magnum throws Flair into the the ropes and catches him coming off the ropes with a belly to belly suplex...The Ref counts...1..2, as the bell rings signifying a time limit draw

###############################

Tuesday March 13 1985

NWA-Georgia...TV Taping

Ric Flair pins a jobber

############################

Wednesday March 14 1985

NWA-Georgia...Atlanta...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Ronnie Garvin

Closing Moments...At the 48 minute mark Garvin comes off the middle rope with a fist too Flairs head...Garvin drops an elbow and goes for the cover but only gets a count of 2....Flair clips Garvin`s knee from behind and scales the ropes...Garvin catches him and tosses Flair halfway across the ring....Garvin comes off the 2nd rope with a cross body block just as Flair is getting to his feet...Flair rolls through the moves and ends up on top of Garvin...Flair holds Garvin`s tights as the ref makes the 3 count on Garvin.

Thursday March 15 1985

NWA-Central States....Des Moines....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Marty Jannetty

Closing Moments....At the 14 minute mark, Flair counters a sunset flip, and ends up on top of Jannetty for the 3 count

Friday March 16 1985

NWA-WCCW...TV Taping

Ric Flair pins a jobber
    Kevin & Mike Von Erich defeated Ric Flair & Rip Oliver, when Kevin pinned Flair with a Cross Body Block

Saturday March 17 1985

NWA-WCCW...Dallas.....House Show

NWA World Title Match

RIc Flair defends against Chris Adams

Closing Moments...With under one minute to go until the time limit Flair has adams in the Figure Four but Adams reverses it...Flair grabs the bottom rope to break the hold..As Flair is getting up. Adams nails him with a Superkick...Adams covers Flair for 1..2...The Bell rings signifying that the Time Limit has been reached..

Sunday March 18 1985

NWA-WCCW...Dallas...House Show

NWA World Title Match....Best 2 out of 3 Falls

Ric Flair defends against Kevin Von Erich

At the 35 minute mark Flair uses an inside cradle on Kevin as he came off the ropes to win the 1st Fall
    Flair leads 1-0
    At the 54 minute mark Kevin gets the Iron Claw on Flair...Flair fights it for as long as he can but finally submits..
    Flair..1 fall....Kevin....1 fall
    With under 4 minutes left to the time limit Kevin attacks a waken Flair...Flair rolls out of the ring in an attempt to run out the clock...Kevin catches him outside of the ring and tosses him back in...Once back inside, Kevin applies the Iron Claw again..Flair is almost out when Rip Oliver come down to ringside, and pulls the ref out of the ring, and punches him...Kevin releases the Claw on Flair and goes after Oliver...Kevin fires Oliver into the fence, then returns to the ring...Kevin reapplies the Claw...Flair in now out cold...A 2nd Ref slides into the ring and makes the 3 count on Flair...the crowd erupts as Kevin grabs the belt and raise it above his head....The original ref talks to the ring announcer who then comes into the ring to get the microphone...Due to outside interference and striking an official....Flair is DQ`d.....the winner of the match is Kevin Von Erich, but flair keeps the title as the title can`t change hands on a DQ

#############################

Wednesday March 21 1985

NWA-Florida.....West Palm Beach...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Mike Graham

Closing Moments...At the 21 minute mark use a reverse roll-up to get the clean pinfall victory

Flair retains The NWA World title

############################

Friday March 23 1985

NWA-Florida...Orlando....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric flair defends against Brian Blair

Closing Moments...Blair has Flair in an Abdominal Stretch at the 17 minute mark..flair escapes and executes a backslide on Blair for the 3 count

Saturday March 24 1985

NWA-Florida

NWA World Title Match

Closing Moments....At the 29 minute mark Wahoo has the advantage..After several kneedrops to Flair`s head he is bloodied...Wahoo hits Flair coming off the ropes with a reverse chop to his chest..Wahoo then hits a knee lift that sends Flair over the top rope in clear view of the Ref...Wahoo is DQ`d for putting Flair out of the ring over the top rope

Sunday March 25 1985

NWA-Continental..Pensacola....House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Austin Idol

Closing Moments....Idol has Flair weakened..Idol tries for a running Clothes Line. but Flair Ducks and Idol nails the ref knocking him out of the ring...Idol tosses Flair into the corner and gets him in a back breaker as he staggers out of the corner..A 2nd Ref come into the ring and calls for the bell..Just as Idol begins to celebrate the Ref tells him that he has been DQ`d for hitting an official...Idol punches the 2nd official and tosses him out of the ring...Idol then turns his attention to Flair, but he is able to get out of the ring and avoid further damage

Tuesday March 27 1985

NWA-Georgia...Savannah...House Show

NWA World Title Match

Ric Flair defends against Tommy Rich

Closing Moments....At the 21 minute mark Rich hits Flair with a fore arm off the ropes...Rich goes for a cover but only gets a count of 2...Flair gives Rich a low blow and then covers him with his feet on the ropes unbeknowst to the REF for the 3 count

##############################

Wednesday March 28 1985

NWA-Mid-South...Houston...House Show

NWA World title Match

Ric Flair defends against Jim Duggan

Closing Moments...Duggan nails Flair with a running powerslam...Duggan waits for Flair to get up so he can nail him with a 3 point stance football tackle...Flair sidesteps Duggan as he ramd his shulder into the ringpost...a stunned Duggan is covered for the 3 count..

Flair retains the NWA World title

Summary...

While Pro wrestling USA was a good idea in theory, there were just to many chiefs and not enough indians or too many cooks spoiled the broth...It gave Flair some new challengers, but ultimately would fail because the promoters could nat get along....in time it would just feature AWA and then vanish much like the AWA ended up doing

NWA Georgia would soon merge with JCP

With Flair still as a face for the most part, he doesn`t have very many credible challengers at this point...Wahoo & Race are old...The NWA World title isn`t going to a Von Erich again...Florida...Central States & Continental territories are slowly drying up...Flair and Dusty rhodes are kind of allies, which only leaves Magnum TA as a credible challenger in JCP...internationally, Brody is still a very credible challenger as well as Carlos Colon although he is also getting up there in age

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WrestleMania # 2

Actual Results

Paul Orndorff vs Don Muraco ended in a Double Count out
    Randy Savage defeated George Steele to retain the IC Title
    Jake Roberts pinned George Wells
    MR. T defeated Roddy Piper in a Boxing Match
    Moolah pinned Velvet McIntyre to retains the Women`s title
    Corp. Kirshner defeated Nikiolai Volkoff in a Flag Match
    Andre the Giant won the Battle Royal
    British Bulldogs pinned The Dream team to win the WWF World Tag Team Titles
    Ricky Steamboat defeated Hercules Hernandez
    Adrian Adonis defeated Uncle Elmer
    Terry & Hoss Funk defeated JYD & Tito Santana
    Hulk Hogan defeated King Kong Bundy in a Steel Cage Match to retain the WWF World title

Instead of having the card take place in 3 different locations.....i would have just had in it take place in Chicago

The Main change that i would make on the card is taking King Kong Bundy out of the main event and have Roddy Piper as the WWF Champion defend against Hulk Hogan
    in a Steel Cage Match for the title...Bob Orton is in Roddy Pipers corner while Mr. T is in Hulk Hogan`s Corner

Match # 1.....Paul Orndorff vs Don Muraco

I would scrap this match and put both Orndorff & Muraco in the Battle Royal

Match # 2...Jake Roberts vs George Wells

Nothing wrong with the way this was booked

A Good Showcase match for Roberts as he is still reasonably new to the company

Match # 3..Cprl. Kirshner vs Nikolai Volkoff...Flag Match

Kirshner winning was really the only was to go

Has a Russian/Foreigner ever won a Flag match ?

Match # 4...Ricky Steamboat vs Hercules Hernandez

I would have had Steamboat win via countout after a competitive match....at the 15 minute mark while brawling outside, Steam boat slides back into the ring to beat the count by 1 second

Both look strong in the match, and neither takes a decisive loss

Match # 5...Fabulous Moolah vs Velvet Mcintyre

Moolah wins to retain the Women`s Title

At this point the Women`s title is just an afterthought and would soon vanish for a few years

Match # 6...Terry & Hoss Funk vs Tito Santana & JYD

I would have booked this as a Texas Tornado match with all for men in the ring at the same time
    The action eventually pours outside of the ring, where they continue to brawl all the way to the back
    The Ref throws the match out

All four men get a spot on the card, and no one is booked to look bad

Match # 7..InterContinental Champion Randy Savage defends against George Steele

Usual criteria for this feud...Steele has the advantage but is distracted by Elizabeth...Savage uses elizabeth as a shield..Savage gets the better of Steele
    Steele gets distracted again, and is pinned with a roll-up for the 3 count

This feud had a lot of fuel left in the tank as it would last through WrestleMania # 3

Match # 8...Roddy Piper vs Mr. T in a Boxing Match

Piper is defending the WWF World title against Hulk Hogan in the main event, so I would scrap this match

Mr. T & Bob Orton will be entrants in The Battle Royal
    Mr. T will second Hulk Hogan in the main event
    Bob Orton will second Roddy Piper in the main event

Match # 9...Battle Royal

Entrants...

King Tonga
    Football Player......replaced with Don Muraco
    Football Player......replaced with Paul Orndorff
    Jim Brunzell
    Tony Atlas
    Football Player.......replaced by Bob Orton
    Pedro Morales........replaced by King Kong Bundy
    Ted Arcidi
    Danny Spivey
    B Brian Blair
    HillBilly Jim
    Football Player.......replaced by Mr. T
    Iron Sheik
    Brunno Sammartino
    Football Player....William the Refridgerator Perry......Hometown Hero
    Jim Neidhart
    Bret Hart
    Andre The Giant

Highlights...Bundy eliminates Atlas...Hillbilly Jim....Brunno...William Perry********Mr. T and Bob Orton eliminated each other*****Studd accidentaly eliminated Bundy, who was in turn eliminated by Andre.
    Closing Moments...Neidhart & Hart eliminate Arcidi...Andre knocks their head together which sends Neidhart over the top rope..Andre press slams Hart over the top rope onto Neidhart
    Winner of the Battle Royal.....Andre The Giant

One Football Player was more than enough...Bundy is made to look strong....Hart Foundation look strong being the final two to be eliminated

Match # 10...The Dream Team defend the WWF World Tag Team Titles against The British Bulldogs

This would be the wrestling match of the card
    It would go over 30 minutes with the Bulldogs winning the WWF World Tag Team Titles

Even in defeat the Dream Team would look strong
    The Bulldogs now have the following challengers for the Tag Titles.
    1...Dream team
    2...Hart Foundation
    3...Funks
    4...Studd & Bundy

Match # 11...Adrian Adonis vs Uncle Elmer

Elmer uses his size to get the early advantage, but is soon outsmarted as Adonis picks up the pinfall victory by having his feet on the ropes in 6 minutes

After the previous tag title match, the audience needs a change of pace

Match # 12...the Main Event...Roddy Piper defends The WWF World Title against Hulk Hogan in s Steel Cage Match

Backstage....Gene Okerlund tries to interview Hulk Hogan but Hogan just breezes by him with no comment as he makes his way to the ring
    Backstage....Gene Okerland interviews Roddy Piper...Piper says that he is going to go down in history as the greatest WWF Champion of all time, and that tonight Hulkamania dies

Hogan makes his way to the ring as the crowd errupts..Hogan tears off his shirt and is ready to go..Mr. T waits by the cage door
    Piper slowly makes his way to the ring with Orton beside him..Piper is in no hurry to get in the cage
    Piper tells the ref to get T away from the cage door..When T moves Piper crawls into the cage..the door is locked and Piper starts to panic

The bell rings to start the match...Hogan unleashes on Piper throwing him head first into the cage several times...less than 2 minutes into the match...Piper is already bleeding from the forehead
    Hogan looks at the door. but decides to dish out more punishment on Piper...Piper finally gets the upperhand by giving Hogan a low blow...Piper stats to work on Hogan`s legs
    Piper tries to climb the cage but is brought down by Hogan...Hogan tosses Piper head first into the cage again...sensing that piper is in trouble Orton begins to scale the cage from the outside only to be caught and pulled back down by T
    T throws an uppercut that knocks out Orton cold....this gives Piper enough time to recover and hit Hogan in the back with a running knee
    Piper sees that Orton is out cold and starts arguing with T...Piper than looks back at Hogan and sees that he is still down..Piper motions to the Ref to have the cage door opened
    Piper puts one leg through the ropes and looks to see a still prone Hogan...Piper turns around to escape through the cage door, but T rams the door into Piper`s head, sending him crashing back into the ring
    Piper is now out cold on his back in the middle of the ring.
    Hogan recovers and nails a leg drop across Pipers chest
    Hogan goes to walk though the cage door, but instead decides to scale the cage..once on top he looks down at the still prone Piper
    Hogan makes his way down the outside of the cage until his feet drop to the floor
    WINNER...New WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan

Piper vs Hogan would create a lot more interest than Hogan vs Bundy
    With T assisting Hogan to the victory Piper could continue as a heel and claim that he wasn`t beaten cleanly, and was never pinned or submitted to lose the title, or if he became a face he could still use the same claim

Mr. T is still a part of the card but doesn`t have to be in an actual match

Careers Went Up or Down Post of WrestleMania #2

Orndorff........Up for a short period of time when he feuded with Hogan
    Savage.........Went onto be a Main Eventer
    Roberts........." "
    Piper............One could argue that his best run in the WWF was as a heel
    Moolah.........Women`s Title vanished
    Kirshner.......start slipping down the card
    Andre..........Main event WM # 3
    Bulldogs......Davey Boy would stick around for several years..Injury cut Dynamite`s career short
    Valentine...,,.Last WWF Title...would slowly slip down the card
    Beefcake......Would eventually become a mid card babyface
    Steamboat....Future IC Champ...World title run was never in the cards with Hogan as champ for so long
    Adonis.........Had a pretty good run with the cross dressing gimmick...sadly would die a couple years later in a car crash
    Terry Funk....Didn`t end up doing much in the WWF , but went onto the NWA and eventually ECW were he flourished
    Bundy..........was wrestling midgets one year later at WM # 3

Last edited by TCON; 05-07-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Status

A tag match that goes over thirty minutes? Don't you think that's more than a little unrealistic for 80's WWE? There's only been five matches in Mania history that has even gone on for thirty minutes, most have only occurred in the last few years.

A match like that would probably just kill the crowd.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    A tag match that goes over thirty minutes? Don't you think that's more than a little unrealistic for 80's WWE? There's only been five matches in Mania history that has even gone on for thirty minutes, most have only occurred in the last few years.

A match like that would probably just kill the crowd.
    Good point...Have the tag title match just go under 20 minutes then, but still have it be the longest match on the card, or as long as The Battle Royal

Thread Information