Release Date: TBA
    Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
    Director: Drew Goddard
    Screenwriter: Drew Goddard
    Starring: Not Available
    Genre: Action, Adventure
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: Not Available

Plot Summary: Sony will build on the cinematic foundation from the "The Amazing Spider-Man" franchise. "Sinister Six" will focus on the villains in the franchise.
    ------------

This could seriously kick so much ass if done right. Doctor Octopus got Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, and Sandman in the original Sinister Six. There were different versions of course.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Sinister Six (2016)

So they shortened the name, and it's coming out in 2016. Good to see an official date.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah it's happening, I think their was so much emphasis and teasers about a group wanting to take out Spiderman in the last film people were talking more about the next movie vs the movie they are watching at that moment. It's going to be crazy to see Spiderman take on six guys and outsmart them, hopefully the story is done great on film.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

From my understanding, Spider Man/Andrew Garfield won't even be in this movie, it'll solely focus on Sinister Six. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    From my understanding, Spider Man/Andrew Garfield won't even be in this movie, it'll solely focus on Sinister Six. Perhaps I'm wrong though.
    That hasn't been confirmed and it seems doubtful, since Sony has gone on the record stating they want to create an entire Spiderman movie-verse similar to what Marvel is doing with Avengers (but cant do with Spiderman since Sony owns the film rights)

Basically, it's believed that Spiderman will be in this, but it's not his film (similar to how Ironman has his own film series, and but is also a major player in the Avengers series). So expect Spiderman, but don't expect Peter Parker and Aunt May. It's not Peter Parkers story.

I've also heard reports from Latino Review that this will bridge together Amazing Spiderman 2 and 3 but that is merely rumor at this point.
    Last edited by Jiggy; 07-23-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    That hasn't been confirmed and it seems doubtful, since Sony has gone on the record stating they want to create an entire Spiderman movie-verse similar to what Marvel is doing with Avengers (but cant do with Spiderman since Sony owns the film rights)

Basically, it's believed that Spiderman will be in this, but it's not his film (similar to how Ironman has his own film series, and but is also a major player in the Avengers series). So expect Spiderman, but don't expect Peter Parker and Aunt May. It's not Peter Parkers story.

I've also heard reports from Latino Review that this will bridge together Amazing Spiderman 2 and 3 but that is merely rumor at this point.
    I don't feel like Andrew Garfield would be willing to take the backseat and merely play victim to Sinister Six throughout the movie especially if the film is to focus on the Sinister Six. While Iron Man/Tony Stark wasn't the focus of the Avengers he still got arguably the most screen time out of all the characters and ridiculous pay for it. Also, considering the big thing that happened in ASM 2, a focus on Peter Parker is necessary in his next tale, you can't have an entire film featuring Spidey and not deal with the aftermath of ASM 2's ending. However if Andrew Garfield does indeed appear in Sinister Six I could see it being the death of his character or at least the end of his tenure in the series, I strongly doubt he'll be down for ASM 3 in his mid thirties and I do believe he's said he was only interested in doing one more movie (ASM 3 until it got pushed back).

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I don't feel like Andrew Garfield would be willing to take the backseat and merely play victim to Sinister Six throughout the movie especially if the film is to focus on the Sinister Six. While Iron Man/Tony Stark wasn't the focus of the Avengers he still got arguably the most screen time out of all the characters and ridiculous pay for it. Also, considering the big thing that happened in ASM 2, a focus on Peter Parker is necessary in his next tale, you can't have an entire film featuring Spidey and not deal with the aftermath of ASM 2's ending. However if Andrew Garfield does indeed appear in Sinister Six I could see it being the death of his character or at least the end of his tenure in the series, I strongly doubt he'll be down for ASM 3 in his mid thirties and I do believe he's said he was only interested in doing one more movie (ASM 3 until it got pushed back).
    I'd imagine Spiderman is merely a plot device that brings them together. Maybe he only appears in flashbacks, as he's the one who put all 6 of them in Ravencroft State Penn. If that is the route they take, they'd literally have no reason to go into the post ASM2 details, or showcase anything to do with Peter Parker.

We really know nothing so at this point it's all speculation. It's very feasible Spider-Man will be in this because he is literally the driving force behind the origin of The Sinister Six. The Sinister Six's origin without Spider-man is like Batman's origin without dead parents.

Status
      Country                    United States

Spider-Man's Sinister Six Movie Is Moving Forward, Here's The Evidence

When last we saw the amazing Spider-Man on screen, he was swinging a hubcap at a charging, mechanical Rhino (Paul Giamatti) in the waning moments of Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The wall-crawler’s future seemed clear. He’d next be called into action to fight and defeat The Sinister Six, a villainous squad born out of OsCorp’s laboratory. Plans, though, were in flux for some time but now seem to be snapping back into place, suggesting an upcoming Sinister Six shoot.

Some of this might have to be taken with a grain of salt, for reasons I’ll happily explain. But a Twitter user named @ThatBlueHood posted messages that stated that The Sinister Six would be shooting in Vancouver. No time frame was given, only the knowledge that a "dude who worked on Planet of the Apes … requested S6 stuff for research" and "said it was happening."

Great! Except, here’s where things start to get mysterious – as only stories tied to Spider-Man’s cinematic future can. The Tweets are gone. And not only that, the whole USER has been deleted! But, ComicBookMovie captured the initial Tweets, and a response to one of them remains on Twitter… so you know they were online at one point:

@ThatBlueHood omg omg omg. I hope you get a chance to meet Andrew Garfield and get a twinsies pic with him haha

Why on Earth would the Tweets be deleted AND the user totally removed from Twitter? That’s extreme, when it comes to protecting the possibility of a sequel that has been rumored to exist for some time. Because Drew Goddard’s name has been attached to a Sinister Six movie for several months. And even recently, we ran an unusual marketing image for what appears to be a Sinister Six film.
    Hmm very shady source here lmao. I wouldn't take this too seriously just yet.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I'm seriously excited for the next few years, because a lot of huge movies are coming out like this one. Garfield is to me the best spiderman, and this is the first time that Ive seen a movie solely based on a group of villians together

Thread Information