Thread: Promo discussion thread

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Promo discussion thread

Discuss promos.

also of note, Ryab Hall has 12-hour extension for emergency reasons. Same extension goes to his opponents.

Boobage Expert

Status

Re: Promo discussion thread

"Iceman Jones: I like that I'm learning more about the character and his motivation for coming to the FWA. I like where this is leading. One thing you might want to start doing is color coding your rps a bit. Might help them stand out a bit. The no style is a style all in itself but so maybe keep it minimalist but just some way it's easier to immediately see when a new person like the staff member is talking.

Lucian Ace: This was a dark promo but I loved the atmosphere you created and the utilization of the theme. Your jabs against Vodka and Venom...Stu in particular were well pointed and did a good job of digging into their psyche and their own drive. It meandered a bit, not sure if the whole opening with the WoMan was quite necessary, it was entertaining in a sense but a bit much. Normally I like that kind of thing but I felt here it was a bit much. Loved the poetic musings on monsters and such. It was well put together, good job.

Christian Quinn: Like the attitude of Quinn in this promo feels like a really irritated guy on sportscenter or the local news. Like the kind of interview that would go viral for it's veracity. This was a well executed promo that continued to build the increasingly interesting Quinn while also getting across his thoughts on such a match. Good kind of road to BIB rp.

Stu St. Clair: What I love about Stu rps is that even when facing formidable opponents it always feels like he is in control, that he has an ace up his sleeve. This is one of those promos, dark and sinister it puts Stu in this revenge kind of path, not uncharted territory by any means for the character and yet after all these years it's still as fresh and foreboding as ever.

PAJ: Good rp to move PAJ away from his alliance with King and Rondo making him once again his own man and making him a force to be reckoned with. I think you could have dug deeper with this rp, there is so much rich material here to talk about, so I'm guessing some of it's being saved for later match ups which will clearly come. This made me almost kind of want to root for PAJ but since he hates the FWA so much I can't (haha) but seriously it's a pretty darn good rp. Still it felt kinda like a steak missing some of the juice, good enough for my money but it could have been more.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status

I'm starting to really like the Iceman Jones character. I agree with Matt to work on simple coding just to visually separate speaking parts better from descriptions/actions/movements/settings and also make sure the spacing is consistent between paragraphs and not bunched together in spots.

Right now, Iceman has one of the best "character stories" of anyone on the roster.

Status

Shane McLean promo!!!!!!

Boobage Expert

Status

Shane McLean: Another hilarious promo from you, you are such a joy to go against because I feel like I'm at some sort of weird comedy central roast. Well done as usual!

Whyte Thunder: The more novelistic (wow that's actually a word) style of this rp kinda worked for me. I like that it went into his mind much like reading a book and thus went into how he views Drew Stevenson on the small scale as in this match but also in terms of the big picture like what this is all leading to and the sort. I really liked this.

Jethro Warren: Jehtro is just a cool character, straight up. There is just something about him that sticks with you and I thought this promo was short, sweet and to the point. Well maybe not sweet it was pretty bitter and rage filled and I liked that! The theme was good though you could have played it up a tad more, but still good concept and pretty good execution.

Vincent Blackbird: The first person view told in the past in flashback style is interesting, and as someone who has put in espionage flashbacks with Princeton in rps I appreciate the effort, however the difference here is that you really don't talk about your opponent, in fact you barely mention him. This would have been good as the first half of your rp then switching it into a promo about Lucian, Quinn and Jethro. I kinda forgot who you were facing until the last 5 lines of your rp, that just didn't work for me personally. You have something here but you need to expand it and execute the promo against your opponents with a balance.

Ryan Hall: I think you only should have used one quote at the beginning, I know that's nit picky but just saying. Anyway this promo is what weve all come to expect from Hall. I can't remember the last time someone used the theme of young stars in such a manner that it felt like such an insult. You did a fantastic job ripping into your opponents and also asserting Hall's dominance not only on a physical scale but on a mental one as well. I think one day when I find the time I'm going to make a top 25 list of the most intelligent FWA wrestlers in history, you can expect Hall to be high on the list.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

I was a highwayman

Status

Thank you for the kind words. I also love the feedback I love reading everyone's RP as well. I would give a review but I don't give very good advice .

On Vacation

Status

I'm sorry about the no-show, I had mid-terms this week and other complications with my housing at college caused me to not be able to rp.

Thread Information