Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Official WWE Network Discussion Thread

sadly cornette isnt listed

expect a rant soon

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Out of those listed here's my top 10

1. Bobby Heenan
    2. Paul Heyman
    3. JJ Dillon
    4. Captain Lou Albano
    5. Jimmy Hart
    6. Paul Bearer
    7. Freddie Blassie
    8. Mr Fuji
    9. Sherri
    10. Elizabeth

Cornette would have been third if he was listed, I presume they've already filmed everything for the ten and its just a case of putting them in order.

Roman Empire (3/29/15)

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Out of those listed here's my top 10

1. Bobby Heenan
    2. Paul Heyman
    3. JJ Dillon
    4. Captain Lou Albano
    5. Jimmy Hart
    6. Paul Bearer
    7. Freddie Blassie
    8. Mr Fuji
    9. Sherri
    10. Elizabeth

Cornette would have been third if he was listed, I presume they've already filmed everything for the ten and its just a case of putting them in order.
    I assume they have all them recorded with superstar performances, had to for the commercial.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

My top 3 would probably be;

1. Bobby Heenan
    2. Paul Bearer
    3. Paul Heyman

I keep getting excited about the WWE NEtwork and then realize that we aren't getting it until the end of the year/early next year.

Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Status
      Country                    United States

Is it true they are going to include DVDs (like career retrospectives)? Or was that just something I made up in my mind? I remember reading that places are reporting people selling their WWE DVDs and what not since the announcement of the network. If so, I wonder when that list will be released of what will be available.
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163831
    STL Saint Presents: The Wednesday Night War!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

The Hall Of Fame is going on the Network unsurprisingly

WWE taped the usual Wednesday afternoon interview conversation between Triple H and Michael Cole yesterday at the Smackdown taping in Ontario, CA.
    The interview, which will pop up later today on the WWE website and be broadcast on Main Event tonight, will feature an announcement that the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony this April will be carried live on the WWE Network.

It will be the first time the ceremony has been broadcast live since its inception in 1994, although portions in the past have been streamed live on WWE.com and an edited highlights special has aired on The USA Network in recent years.

pwinsider

I am the Outlaw

Status

Literally the only bad thing about the network is that it's going to take so long before it's released in the UK. Cannot wait.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Sweet Meat

Status

Network Lineup

STAMFORD, Conn., February 19, 2014 – WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, has unveiled its programming lineup, which is highlighted by WrestleMania® 30 on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

In addition, for the first time ever, the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET on WWE Network. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita. A one-hour special will also air on USA Network on Monday, April 7, immediately following Monday Night Raw®.

WWE Network will officially launch on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET and fans will instantly have access to live programming and the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library upon signing up exclusively at WWE.com.

WWE Network will be available through the WWE App on TV via connected devices including Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3, Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on iOS devices, including Apple iPad and iPhone, Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices and Android devices, as well as on desktops and laptops via WWE.com.

The programming line-up on WWE Network includes:

WrestleMania 30

WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania 30, will air live on Sunday, April 6 at 7 pm ET from New Orleans. More than 70,000 fans from all 50 states and more than 30 countries are expected to converge on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome with millions more watching around the world. Current WWE Superstars will be joined by a host of WWE Legends for a celebration 30 years in the making.

WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

For the first time ever, the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air live in its entirety on WWE Network on Saturday, April 5 at 9 pm ET from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. This year’s current inductees include The Ultimate Warrior, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Lita.

Live Monday Night Raw Pre-Show and WWE Raw Backstage Pass

A live, 30-minute RawPre-Show will air each week and premieres on Monday, February 24 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE Raw Backstage Pass will air live each week immediately following Monday Night Raw, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Monday, February 24 at 11:05 pm ET.

Friday Night SmackDown® Pre-Show and WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass

A 30-minute pre-show for SmackDown will air each week and premieres on Friday, February 28 at 7:30 pm ET.

WWE SmackDown Backstage Pass will air each week immediately following SmackDown, providing analysis of the night’s action and exclusive backstage interviews. The premiere will air on Friday, February 28 at 10 pm ET.

WrestleMania® Rewind

WrestleMania® Rewind will provide fans with a comprehensive look back at the most groundbreaking matches and dramatic moments in WrestleMania history. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 9 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 9 am ET.

WWE Countdown™

A one-hour, groundbreaking, interactive, countdown series that will put the power squarely in viewers’ hands by giving the audience the chance to discuss and rank WWE’s most spectacular Superstars, unexpected moments, best catch phrases and more through digital polling and social media interaction. The series premieres on Tuesday, February 25 at 10 pm ET with a sneak peek on Monday, February 24 at 10 am ET.

WWE Legends’ House™

WWE’s greatest Legends reunite for a new title – only this time, they’re competing outside of the ring. Imagine a beautiful house in the suburbs – perfectly furnished, with gorgeous landscaping, a lovely pool and quiet, respectable neighbors. WWE Superstars from the past including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Tony Atlas and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will turn the neighborhood upside down as the house staff tries their best to keep these Legends on time, on speaking terms, and out of trouble in this new reality show. The series premieres on Thursday, April 10 at 8 pm ET.

This is NXT®

A one-hour special that will take viewers inside the action-packed world of tomorrow’s WWE’s Superstars as they aspire to become the future of WWE. Featuring behind-the-scenes moments and in-ring action from WWE’s Performance Center, fans will get up close and personal with the next generation of Superstars. The series premieres on Monday, February 24 at 11 am ET.

NXT ArRival™

WWE Network’s first live in-ring event will air on Thursday, February 27 at 8 pm ET. The live special will showcase the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars from WWE’s Performance Center, as well as appearances by WWE Superstars John Cena®, Sheamus®, The New Age Outlaws and WWE Legends Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Thirty minutes prior to the event, the NXT ArRival Pre-Show will air at 7:30 pm ET and include exclusive interviews and appearances by NXT Superstars, WWE Superstars and Legends.

WWE NXT®

Each Thursday at 9 pm ET, WWE Superstars and Divas of tomorrow face off on WWE NXT, a one-hour, weekly show that features the brightest and best of WWE’s rising stars. WWE NXT showcases the Superstars and Divas from WWE’s Performance Center as well as appearances from WWE Superstars and Legends in an intimate setting. WWE NXT broadcasts from the state-of-the-art Full Sail LIVE venue on the Full Sail University campus in Orlando, Florida. The series premieres on Thursday, March 6 at 9 pm ET.

WWE Superstars®

A one-hour, weekly show highlighting the best of WWE Superstars and Divas in heart-pounding matches. The show will also feature highlights from all WWE programming, as well as a special glimpse at everything going on in the WWE Universe. The series premieres on Thursday, February 27 at 10 pm ET.

Beyond the Ring™

An all-access pass to the fast-paced action of WWE’s home video library. With classic matches and groundbreaking biographies of WWE Legends, fans will have all the action from WCW®, AWA®, ECW® and WWE right at their fingertips. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 8 pm ET.

Best of Raw

Every Wednesday at 9 pm ET, Best of Raw will feature the most memorable episodes from the longest-running weekly episodic show in television history. Each week, see some of the most incredible matches and controversial moments featured over the years on Monday Night Raw. The series premieres at a special date and time on Thursday, February 27 at 4:30 pm ET.

Best of SmackDown

For more than a decade, Friday Night SmackDown has brought amazing action and memorable moments to the WWE Universe. On Saturdays at 1 pm ET, WWE Network will showcase the most exciting episodes of SmackDown. The series premieres on Saturday, March 1 at 1 pm ET.

Expansive Video-On-Demand Library

In addition to live and original programming, fans will have access to the most comprehensive WWE video-on-demand library the instant they subscribe. WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as encores of Raw and SmackDown® totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

I just thought of something. What are they going to do with the maskless Rey Mysterio PPV matches? It'd be a huge shame for the WWE to cut his matches from those PPV's when they were typically the MOTN.

Better than Perfect

Status
      Country                    nz=New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I just thought of something. What are they going to do with the maskless Rey Mysterio PPV matches? It'd be a huge shame for the WWE to cut his matches from those PPV's when they were typically the MOTN.
    I think they'll keep them. Rey Mysterio, Jr. lost his mask. Rey Mysterio didn't.
    Yeah... nah.

Sweet Meat

Status

If this was six years earlier, maybe, but I can't imagine they see Rey as a valuable enough asset now where they'd do that.

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Watching the network

Spoiler:

Status

So...?

Anyone tell how "uncut" the shows are? How much editing's going on?

edit- Apparently this is the message for all shows involving Chris Benoit.

Last edited by PeepShow; 02-24-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Sweet Meat

Status

thats dope.

its awesome so far. so damn dope.

also brits and canadians and stuff, apparently theres a way around it if you use paypal and a random US address

Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    thats dope.

its awesome so far. so damn dope.

also brits and canadians and stuff, apparently theres a way around it if you use paypal and a random US address
    Might look into this, see if I can do it. Anyone else from the UK managed to get around the USA restrictions?

People's Champion

Status

Can you change it from HD to sd like you can with Netflix? HD will eat up my bandwidth pretty fast.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

I'm in, took me about six hours to do it but I'm in.

Status

Yeah, I got signed up around 1 PM EST. So much for the one week trial though. I was already billed through paypal for $9.99. Hilarious that they use MLB Advanced Media for the service and their billing name.

Also, these PPVs aren't on the network for some reason per PWInsider:

WWE
    -No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie (1989)
    -Insurrextion (2000)
    -Royal Rumble (2011)
    -Royal Rumble (2014)

WCW
    -The Great American Bash (1991)
    -Japan Supershow (1991)
    -Japan Supershow (1992)
    -Japan Supershow (1993)
    -When World's Collide (1994)
    -Collision In Korea (1995)
    -Millenium Final (2000) *German-only PPV

ECW
    -Massacre On 34th Street

I was a highwayman

Status
      Country                    United States

I don't get why those aren't added yet lol. Why did you get billed already?

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Also, these PPVs aren't on the network for some reason per PWInsider:

WWE
    -No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie (1989)
    -Insurrextion (2000)
    -Royal Rumble (2011)
    -Royal Rumble (2014)

WCW
    -The Great American Bash (1991)
    -Japan Supershow (1991)
    -Japan Supershow (1992)
    -Japan Supershow (1993)
    -When World's Collide (1994)
    -Collision In Korea (1995)
    -Millenium Final (2000) *German-only PPV

ECW
    -Massacre On 34th Street
    Eh, most of those WCW ones aren't a surprise. We don't know how much the WWE owns from those joint New Japan shows and if the WWE airs them, if they will need to pay NJPW. Rumble '14 isn't a surprise either, especially since the DVD only comes out tomorrow. Assuming they add all Coliseum Home Videos, the No Holds Barred match portion of that PPV will be on the Network.

I do have to lol at the fact that the WWE hasn't released by far the worst PPV ever in GAB '91.

Thread Information