Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179
Results 3,561 to 3,577 of 3577

Thread: WWE Network General Discussion Thread

Re: WWE Network General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, but I've been speed watching the NWO era Nitro's (usually while half way through a bottle scotch) and noticed that Pat Tanaka had Goldberg's music before Goldberg. There's a Sept 96 episode where the entrance music plays and it takes a while for Pat to come out. Blew my mind when I realized it.

Anyone else catch that?
    I did some searching on Youtube and Tanaka had that theme at the earliest in early 1996 and had it up until July 1997. Themes get recycled all of the time though, both big themes and small ones. Probably the other big example of a lesser wrestler originally having a theme that a later bigger star had was The Patriot having Kurt Angle's theme in 1997.
    ---

In some WWE Network news, the first year of WWE Confidential is coming on Monday. Back in 2002, Confidential was a pretty unbelievable show with the WWE diving far more into shoot stories than before (At least on such a mainstream platform instead of on Byte This). It's the show where HBK first admitted that he was in on the Montreal Screw Job. At some point, they even started to include "From the vault" segments where portions of classic matches are shown. It was pretty rad seeing Bob Backlund vs Jimmy Snuka in a steel cage back when the WWE was just starting to put effort into their DVDs.

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm really looking forward to the Mark Hendry documentary that is gonna follow Elimination Chamber tomorrow.

Horselord. Try me.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I did some searching on Youtube and Tanaka had that theme at the earliest in early 1996 and had it up until July 1997. Themes get recycled all of the time though, both big themes and small ones. Probably the other big example of a lesser wrestler originally having a theme that a later bigger star had was The Patriot having Kurt Angle's theme in 1997.
    ---

In some WWE Network news, the first year of WWE Confidential is coming on Monday. Back in 2002, Confidential was a pretty unbelievable show with the WWE diving far more into shoot stories than before (At least on such a mainstream platform instead of on Byte This). It's the show where HBK first admitted that he was in on the Montreal Screw Job. At some point, they even started to include "From the vault" segments where portions of classic matches are shown. It was pretty rad seeing Bob Backlund vs Jimmy Snuka in a steel cage back when the WWE was just starting to put effort into their DVDs.
    That's pretty crazy. Thanks for the info!

Horselord. Try me.

Status

The Mark Henry special was amazing. Had me in tears multiple times.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Yeah it was a hell of a doc. Gotta love sexual chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Excellent Documentary. I never knew he went back to weight lifting during the early 00 years. I just assumed he was in developmental. Never the best wrestler but has his moments.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Excellent Documentary. I never knew he went back to weight lifting during the early 00 years. I just assumed he was in developmental. Never the best wrestler but has his moments.
    Great Doc...I wasn't aware that he had gone back to weightlifting either....This is the kind of stuff I enjoy most on the network

Status

Watching Confidential right now, pretty excited to watch. I'm watching the Davey Boy Smith episode.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The Mark Henry special was amazing. Had me in tears multiple times.
    I woulda signed for 2 dollas, Sorry Vince - what a worker

Great documentary, I didn’t know he legit was planning to retire on the day of the promo until Vince talked him out of it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I woulda signed for 2 dollas, Sorry Vince - what a worker

Great documentary, I didn’t know he legit was planning to retire on the day of the promo until Vince talked him out of it.
    Explains why his retirement speech felt so genuine too. It was his retirement speech.

Jobber

Status

Don't know if this is where you should ask questions about network but...if you buy a monthly pay card for $10.00 do you get the PPV for the month you use it included or do you have to have an actual subscription?
    "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -- Linus van Pelt

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ServantofTwilight View Post
    Don't know if this is where you should ask questions about network but...if you buy a monthly pay card for $10.00 do you get the PPV for the month you use it included or do you have to have an actual subscription?
    Never paid this way but I would certainly think you get access to that month's PPV. It streams just like the rest of the content.

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Never paid this way but I would certainly think you get access to that month's PPV. It streams just like the rest of the content.
    Thank you.
    "There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -- Linus van Pelt

Coming April 4th is some of the most unexpected additions to the Hidden Gems section:

03/04/1986 – WrestleMania 2 Press Conference [Duration: 00:45:36]

Hulk Hogan has words for King Kong Bundy, while ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper delivers an important message to Mr. T on the road to WrestleMania.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]

The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

02/03/1988 – WrestleMania 4 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:22]

Hear from Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan, Ted Dibiase and more as they prepare for WrestleMania IV.

WrestleMania IX Dark Match 04/04/1993 – Under the Shadow of Darkness [Duration: 00:10:06]

Papa Shango faces ‘El Matador’ Tito Santana in this rarely seen bout from WrestleMania IX featuring the WWE debut of Jim Ross on commentary.

Superstars Taping 02/22/1994 – Luger’s Golden Opportunity [Duration: 00:04:23]

Lex Luger looks to put Jim Cornette in his place and imagines what life would be like holding WWE Championship gold before WrestleMania X.

Superstars Taping 02/20/1996 – From Miami to Hollywood [Duration: 00:10:03]

Razor Ramon demands that WWE President, Roddy Piper, let him end his heated rivalry against Goldust in a Miami Alley Fight at WrestleMania XII.
    ---

The last two especially are so unexpected because the Luger segment was meant to fool those who thought Luger was going to win the WWE World Title at Wrestlemania 10 since the taping was scheduled to be aired post-Wrestlemania. Meanwhile, the Razor segment ended up being canned due to the decision to go with Piper/Goldust instead with Razor essentially being sent home for two months and only returning briefly to job to Vader at In Your House and work a few house shows (Including the infamous Curtain Call).

Established Veteran

Status

EDIT: Sorry made a double post. Please can a mod delete this.
    Last edited by Kintaro; 04-06-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Coming April 4th is some of the most unexpected additions to the Hidden Gems section:

03/04/1986 – WrestleMania 2 Press Conference [Duration: 00:45:36]

Hulk Hogan has words for King Kong Bundy, while ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper delivers an important message to Mr. T on the road to WrestleMania.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]

The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

02/03/1988 – WrestleMania 4 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:22]

Hear from Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan, Ted Dibiase and more as they prepare for WrestleMania IV.

WrestleMania IX Dark Match 04/04/1993 – Under the Shadow of Darkness [Duration: 00:10:06]

Papa Shango faces ‘El Matador’ Tito Santana in this rarely seen bout from WrestleMania IX featuring the WWE debut of Jim Ross on commentary.

Superstars Taping 02/22/1994 – Luger’s Golden Opportunity [Duration: 00:04:23]

Lex Luger looks to put Jim Cornette in his place and imagines what life would be like holding WWE Championship gold before WrestleMania X.

Superstars Taping 02/20/1996 – From Miami to Hollywood [Duration: 00:10:03]

Razor Ramon demands that WWE President, Roddy Piper, let him end his heated rivalry against Goldust in a Miami Alley Fight at WrestleMania XII.
    ---

The last two especially are so unexpected because the Luger segment was meant to fool those who thought Luger was going to win the WWE World Title at Wrestlemania 10 since the taping was scheduled to be aired post-Wrestlemania. Meanwhile, the Razor segment ended up being canned due to the decision to go with Piper/Goldust instead with Razor essentially being sent home for two months and only returning briefly to job to Vader at In Your House and work a few house shows (Including the infamous Curtain Call).
    Really looking forward to this.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Some more Midsouth is being added to the network tomorrow. There will be 34 episodes, covering between 11/08/1984 and 27/04/1985 added.

Thread Information