Thread: Fargo Series Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Fargo Series Discussion

Check Out the First Images From FX's Fargo

The first two images from FX's upcoming limited series "Fargo" are now online, courtesy of Yahoo!. Based on Joel and Ethan Coen's Academy Award-winning feature film, "Fargo" stars Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton and Colin Hanks.

Slated to premiere this spring, "Fargo" will feature an all-new "true crime" story, following a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and "Minnesota nice" that has made the film an enduring classic. As previously announced, Thornton stars as Lorne Malvo, a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played by Freeman. Hanks plays Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly, a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety when he comes face-to-face with a killer.

Rounding out the cast of recurring characters will be Bob Odenkirk as Deputy Bill Olson, a Bemidji deputy with seniority over his younger, smarter and more ambitious fellow deputy, Molly Solverson, played by Allison Tolman, who will be a series regular Oliver Platt will play Stavros Milos, the Supermarket King of Minnesota. Kate Walsh will star as Gina Hess, a former stripper and mother of teenaged twin boys. Glenn Howerton will play Don Chumph, an ambitious personal trainer. Joey King will play Gus's daughter, Greta Grimly and Peter Breitmayer will play Lieutenant Schmidt, Gus's superior officer. Tom Musgrave will portray Bo Munk, Lester's boss at the Bo Munk Insurance Shop, and Josh Close will play Ron Nygaard, Lester's younger and more successful brother. Russell Harvard and Adam Goldberg will play members of the Fargo Crime Syndicate, Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers, respectively – Mr. Wrench is the muscle. Mr. Numbers is the mouth.

A 10-episode limited series, "Fargo" is written by Noah Hawley. Adam Bernstein ("30 Rock") will direct the premiere hour. Executive Producers are Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen, and Geyer Kosinski. "Fargo" is produced by FX Productions and MGM Television.

This is the first I'm hearing about this series. Loved the movie, and like mostly everything Billy Bob does. This should turn out pretty damn good. It's pretty cool it's a limited tv show. I love the idea of getting more than a movie, but not having a crazy amount of seasons.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Re: Fargo Series Discussion

That's an interesting cast line-up as well.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Thank God it's limited, I'll be more willing to give this a chance. I was disappointed when I saw the movie, I just didn't get what was so great about it. But there were certain aspects I liked, like the typical Coens humour and the performances, so maybe this'll at least have those.

Jesus Christ does Martin Freeman get around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Thornton, Hanks, and Odenkirk?

Yes please.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Love the movie, wasn't entire sure about a series but the fact that it's limited and the cast it has gives me some hope. Will definitely be checking this out.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Did anyone notice this has started airing already? I only just found out the first 3 episodes are out.

Halfway through the first one right now and I'm enjoying it more than the film, though there's very strong similarities to the characters in the film, which feels like a weird choice. The shit Martin Freeman's character has to put up with though feels really OTT.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WRAITH BABES!!

Status

I watched the first ep and it was ok got the others dvred to watch at some point

I am the Outlaw

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    Did anyone notice this has started airing already? I only just found out the first 3 episodes are out.

Halfway through the first one right now and I'm enjoying it more than the film, though there's very strong similarities to the characters in the film, which feels like a weird choice. The shit Martin Freeman's character has to put up with though feels really OTT.
    Third one was on tonight. Weird episode. I'm enjoying the show though.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Allison Tolman and Billy Bob Thornton have been the biggest stand outs for me so far in the series. Much like Justified there are so many great characters, but Billy and Allison stand alone. Allison hasn't had a lot of work up to this point, but this is probably going to catapult her career, and Billy will most likely get some acting nominations for his role as Malvo: a cunning, remorseless, and intimidating killer/problem solver.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Holy crap did I not like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It's no Breaking Bad or True Detective, but goddamn is this show great. So enjoyable. As tense as it can be at times, it's a really relaxing watch after enduring heavier stuff like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire and the others I've mentioned.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Having just finished the season finale I've got to post and say right now that if it wasn't for True Detective I'd call this show the best debuting program of the year. Billy Bob Thornton for me was excellent in his role as Malvo and I also enjoyed Freeman's portrayal of Nygaard. The series finale totally was different to what I personally expected it to be. I really thought that we'd see some drawn out fight between Lester and Malvo but instead the way the show went instead was actually the better result as I felt it fit the dark humored nature of the film as well. Gus killing Malvo was really cool as obviously in the first episode he completely bottled it against him. And Lester trying to worm his way out of jail right until the very end for me was a more then fitting ending. There are only a couple of questions now really which I presume will be answered in season 2 and that is what happened to Mr Wrench? What happened in Sioux Falls? and what happened to the money?

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I just noticed this thread somehow. I think this show is up there with True Detective and Breaking Bad personally, if anything I think I may have preferred Fargo.

Anyway I gave a few short opinions on the finale to Shade so I'll just repost them here:

Thought it was really good, but a little bit of a drag towards the end. Feel like last week's episode was probably better but still.

Surprised they didn't have Molly get to finish off Malvo, decent twist though, and probably makes more sense saying she's preggers.

How good was Martin Freeman btw? So many good acting performances but he was different level imo!
    I imagine if there's a Season 2, it will be a completely new story so any remaining questions might go unanswered.

And he scores goals...!

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4

Here's the season 2 trailer. Premieres this September on FX.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

So I just watched the S2 premiere, then checked some comments and reviews and was shocked to find how well this is being received. I was utterly bored and it left me completely unenthusiastic about watching the next episode. The only thing that intrigues me is if
    Spoiler:

that guy at the end was Alan Arkin

As a non-American, the Reagan humour and 70s politics were completely lost on me. I know about Vietnam and Watergate, that's about it.

Status

Here's the season 3 trailer.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Recently thanks to netflix I rewatched both the first season and the second season of Fargo. Have to say on second viewing enjoyed the shows a lot more than I did the first time. Especially with the second season. With that I'm really excited for season three. They have a fantastic cast for this season and I'm very interested to see what Ewan McGregor does in the role as both brothers.

Status

Variety is reporting Fargo renewed for 4th season by FX; Expected to air in 2019

Thread Information