Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Book a 2nd WWF Title reign for Ultimate Warrior.

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [04:43 PM]Jim: Which is why Willis > Natural
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

Spartacus - " There is no greater victory than to fall from this world... A free man. "

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    Pick a year.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Pick a year.

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [04:43 PM]Jim: Which is why Willis > Natural
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

Spartacus - " There is no greater victory than to fall from this world... A free man. "

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

and 1995. Don't be a bitch.

QUESTIONS:

Have you seen The Wrestling Road Diaries?
    Favorite wrestling shoots?
    Who hasn't done a shoot you'd like to see?
    WWE DVD concept you want done that hasn't been or hasn't been expanded on? Give an example.
    Lastly, and this may require some real thought. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, collectively known as the Shield as run roughshot over World Wrestling Entertainment in the last year. While their dominance impresses everyone, it mostly impresses a mad scientist in the island of Madagascar. They're invited to a special meeting promised to be well worth their time. They arrive and during the tour, find a machine tarped off. Dean Ambrose, being crazy, sneaks into the room and has the other two follow. They decide to play with the machine when all of a sudden the lights flicker. They try to get out but the door is sealed tight. Seconds later, the seal opens and they're in Madison Square Garden in 1987. Book the shield's invasion of the WWF and run on top in 1987 and beyond.
    Last edited by Dook; 01-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Underdog

Status

What are your thoughts on SmackDown from WM 19 to WM 21?

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If you could sit down for dinner with a Wrestler past or present, who would it be any why?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

American Ninja

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    Lastly, and this may require some real thought. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, collectively known as the Shield as run roughshot over World Wrestling Entertainment in the last year. While they're dominance impresses everyone, it mostly impresses a mad scientist in the island of Madagascar. They're invited to a special meeting promised to be well worth their time. They arrive and during the tour, find a machine tarped off. Dean Ambrose, being crazy, sneaks into the room and has the other two follow. They decide to play with the machine when all of a sudden the lights flicker. They try to get out but the door is sealed tight. Seconds later, the seal opens and they're in Madison Square Garden in 1987. Book the shield's invasion of the WWF and run on top in 1987 and beyond.
    I want to see this question answered. Awesome.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Have you ever played games like EWR and what are your achievements in the game if you play it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    June 1992 - Ric Flair defeats Randy Savage thanks to interference by Mr. Perfect and the debuting Razor Ramon. Savage is put on the shelf for two months.

~Warrior and Flair begins a feud~

Summerslam Spectacular '92 - The Ultimate Warrior and LOD defeats Money Inc and Razor Ramon (Flair was originally scheduled for the match, but he pulled out moments before the bell and had Razor replace him).

Summerslam 1992 - The Ultimate Warrior defeats Ric Flair for the WWE World Title (Savage returns to keep Perfect and Razor from interfering).

~The Warrior/Flair feud evolves into Mega Maniacs (Warrior/Savage) vs Flair & company~

SNME 31 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defends WWF Title against Razor Ramon. (Warrior is laid out after the match by Flair and company)

Survivor Series Showdown '92 - Ric Flair and Razor Ramon defeats The Mega Maniacs after Warrior is knocked out with a title shot by Mr. Perfect and Flair pins him. (Hypes next two World Title matches).

Survivor Series 1992 - The Ultimate Warrior defeats Ric Flair to retain his WWF World Title. Elsewhere on the card saw Mr. Perfect wrestle his first match in nearly a year and a half as he's the Sole Survivor of an elimination match which saw Razor Ramon and Randy Savage get double counted out earlier in the match. (Match = Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon and Money Inc vs Randy Savage, The Natural Disasters and Jerry Sags) *Brian Knobbs was injured in the build-up of this match*

~With Mr. Perfect wrestling again, the Warrior/Flair feud transitions to Warrior/Perfect while Savage/Razor wraps up and Flair spends the next couple of months hyping up the fact that he was going to win the Royal Rumble~

Monday Night Raw Jan 11 - Ted DiBiase defeats The Ultimate Warrior in a non-title match after Mr. Perfect laid Warrior out during a ref bump.

Royal Rumble 1993 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defended WWE Title against Mr. Perfect. Elsewhere on the card, Savage defeats Razor Ramon to end their feud and Yokozuna wins the Royal Rumble match.

Monday Night Raw Feb 1 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defends WWE Title against Ted DiBiase.

Monday Night Raw Feb 8 - Mega Maniacs defeat WWE Tag Champions, Money Inc, by DQ after Mr. Perfect and Razor Ramon interfered at various points. After the match, Yokozuna comes out and has a stare down with The Ultimate Warrior.

~Warrior/Yokozuna feud officially begins~

Wrestlemania 9 - Yokozuna cleanly defeats The Ultimate Warrior to end the reign of Warrior and to become the first heel in the history of Wrestlemania to end the show with the title. Elsewhere on the card saw Mr. Perfect and Randy Savage wrestle with Savage picking up the win.

Post-Yokozuna win notes:

- Savage is set-up to be Yokozuna's first PPV title contender.
    - Bret Hart wins the Royal Rumble.
    - A newly babyface turned Razor Ramon challenges Yokozuna for the title at Summerslam.
    - Yokozuna holds title for a full year before finally loses the title at Wrestlemania 10 to Bret Hart.
    ----

So yeah, that's about it. About an eighth month reign with Warrior engaged in two main feuds that allowed Warrior to defend the title a half dozen or so times.

Status

Have you seen The Wrestling Road Diaries?
    I saw it when it first popped online through nefarious means. It was quite good and other than his overly brief run with CHIKARA, it was the only time I dug Sal Rinauro.

You know, Colt Cabana will never make a lot of money, but the dude is legitimately a great mind for marketing. Whatever he's doing right now is going to be the the popular fad a year...a year and a half from now. Look at podcasts. Just a couple of years ago, practically no one was doing them (Wrestling wise) when Cabana started Art of Wrestling. Now it seems like every fucking person who has ever stood in a wrestling locker room has one. Everything Kevin Steen has been doing over the last year has been stuff Cabana has been doing over the last three or so years. This goes beyond the wrestling shoots too. Chris Jericho's But I'm Chris Jericho webisode is comparable to Cabana's Creative Has Nothing For You. Whether you like or dislike Cabana, dat jew deserves your respect.

Favorite wrestling shoots?
    Just for the sake of info, I really dug all of Bruno Sammartino's. Punk's indy shoots in the mid 2000's were fun. Raven's Secrets of the Ring were great.

Who hasn't done a shoot you'd like to see?
    If you know they're going to be upfront and honest, I'd love to see shoots from The Undertaker and Vince McMahon.

WWE DVD concept you want done that hasn't been or hasn't been expanded on? Give an example.
    Well, for years, I've been yelling at the WWE for not releasing a proper Ultimate Warrior DVD, but that will (Hopefully) be rectified after Mania. Same goes for Andre the Giant. It'll never happen, but I'd obviously buy a Benoit Vol. 2 DVD. And just to round this answer out with another popular DVD idea I've been requesting for years - Best of SNME Vol. 2.

Lastly, and this may require some real thought. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, collectively known as the Shield as run roughshot over World Wrestling Entertainment in the last year. While their dominance impresses everyone, it mostly impresses a mad scientist in the island of Madagascar. They're invited to a special meeting promised to be well worth their time. They arrive and during the tour, find a machine tarped off. Dean Ambrose, being crazy, sneaks into the room and has the other two follow. They decide to play with the machine when all of a sudden the lights flicker. They try to get out but the door is sealed tight. Seconds later, the seal opens and they're in Madison Square Garden in 1987. Book the shield's invasion of the WWF and run on top in 1987 and beyond.
    Seriously, just rebook/retweak the Shield in 2013, but '87 wrestlers. They can debut at the TV tapings following Wrestlemania 3 by attacking the new IC Champion, Ricky Steamboat. From there, they can attack the British Bulldogs to ruin their attempt to regain the Tag Team Titles against The Hart Foundation on SNME. Have them lay out George Steele on a weekly show prior to his match with Danny Davis. Once the Shield leaves, Davis can come out and demand the referee ring the bell. Davis gets the pin with just a foot on Steele's chest. All during this time, the commentators can debate who's paying the Shield to attack all of these men. With this being 1987, I don't know if they'd even need to win any titles. Instead, they can just work semi-main events against major babyfaces including Hogan.

You'll probably be disappointed with this overly simple answer, but you can do the 2013 Shield angle in practically any year.

Quote Originally Posted by Savio Vegan View Post
    What are your thoughts on SmackDown from WM 19 to WM 21?
    WM 19-20 - Not great, but certainly a better show than Raw. The likes of Lesnar, Angle, TWGTT, Guerrero, Benoit and Mysterio helped carry this period.

WM 20-21 - Things fell apart in a HUGE way. The main event scene went to shit with JBL as champion. The tag and US divisions weren't much better. Eddie Guerrero tried to carry the brand, but one man can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    If you could sit down for dinner with a Wrestler past or present, who would it be any why?
    Andre the Giant. What could be better? You could hear a bunch of stories, have a hell of a story to tell people in the future with how much Andre consumes and Andre will pick up the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    Have you ever played games like EWR and what are your achievements in the game if you play it.
    I played EWR for a bit. I don't believe I ever lasted longer than a year playing the game though. The closest thing to an achievement I had though was having to send CM Punk to rehab due to his cocaine problem.

On Vacation

Status

For me, JBL was great champion, very entertaining. Why do you think that the main event scene went to shit?

oG $wank

Status

Do you like the fact that AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have never had runs in WWE or would you have liked to see them at some point? If so, would you still want to see them? (not really a modern WWE question, necessarily)

The EC: Good for Business.

=======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~
    =======================================================

Status

For me, JBL was great champion, very entertaining. Why do you think that the main event scene went to shit?
    JBL sucked. His matches flat out sucked as champion. That was one of the bright spots of the second half of 2002 and 2003. The WWE World Title matches were quite good. Once JBL was in Brock's position, things were ruined and you didn't have any other division to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Do you like the fact that AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have never had runs in WWE or would you have liked to see them at some point? If so, would you still want to see them? (not really a modern WWE question, necessarily)
    Eh, I neither liked nor disliked the fact that Styles/Joe never had a proper run in the WWE. It's not as if they didn't have some great times in the indies and ROH. I'd still like to see them in the WWE to revisit their past notable feuds (IE. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and others) while also facing guys that they can't wrestle anywhere else.

On Vacation

Status

I don't think it is all about the matches in general. It is sports entertainment. If I want only good matches, I will watch only puro.

Status

I don't think it is all about the matches in general. It is sports entertainment. If I want only good matches, I will watch only puro.
    *Shrugs*

Brock, Angle and Eddie all gave us really good matches while also providing fun segments while they were champions. Why should I be satisfied with only one aspect of what makes a great champion with JBL?

On Vacation

Status

Ok, he wasn't great champion, but not that very bad. If you were booker in the WWE in 2004 would you give JBL the belt or not? If not, who would be your champion?

Status

Ok, he wasn't great champion, but not that very bad. If you were booker in the WWE in 2004 would you give JBL the belt or not? If not, who would be your champion?
    Why the fuck would I give quite possibly the worst WWE champion of the 2000's the belt again? I lost all interest in Smackdown when he was champion. The ratings tanked. When I was buying PPV's on a regular basis, I'd buy the Raw PPV's and the Big Four, but then totally ignore the Smackdown ones. I can not state this enough, JBL was fucking awful as WWE Champion/main eventer and I hated it. Even though he was hardly amazing, I was surprised at the time that they didn't allow Booker T to try out being the face of Smackdown in 2004. Hell, even though I HATED Triple H at the time, I was upset that they didn't follow through with the original draft pick to allow Triple H to rule Smackdown. If nothing else, Triple H at least had credibility, unlike Bradshaw at the time of JBL's win.

This isn't a new opinion for me though. I'm pretty sure Steve would rather watch a Davey Richards marathon than engage in another JBL World Champion debate with me again.

I swear to God, Allah, Buddha, The Great Pumpkin and Jim's Desk Lamp, that there wasn't another World Champion in the WWE that made me care less about wanting to watch more than JBL. That includes Triple H, Randy Orton and John Cena. Terrible matches, a lowcarder credibility, a reign that went on for ever and a title loss that sucked, I will forever talk about my hatred of JBL's title reign.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yet you watched WWE with him and not with brilliant talent like the Shield, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, John "God" Cena, Big E Langston, Brock Lesnar, and more.

son i am disappoint

Spoiler:

Status

Yet you watched WWE with him and not with brilliant talent like the Shield, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, John "God" Cena, Big E Langston, Brock Lesnar, and more.

son i am disappoint
    Eh, WWE has plenty of issues to make up (Make...down?) for their talented roster. But to be fair, it's not as if I was watching WWE in 2004 for JBL. If I was watching Smackdown, it was mostly for Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, the Cruiserweights and even a little bit for John Cena.

Thread Information