Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Jim, I know you hate modern WWE questions but ATL should get a pass since it's a "who would you like to see come back from the past you old fuck" kind of deal.

Top five feuds of the Rock's career (in order)? I'm watching the ladder match with HHH and I'm curious as to where you'd rank it (third I assume)

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes View Post
    Again, I'm not claiming they'd be a big #2, just in the same position they've been in (which by default is basically bigger than what TNA was until Spike)
    I'm not denying that ECW wouldn't be able leave some sort of mark and have some power in the business. However, what I am saying is that I don't feel as if ECW would have such a huge impact that wrestling would change that much. For the big picture stuff and how this would affect the WWE, I don't believe ECW surviving would alter history much. This isn't one of those big What If's like "What if Hogan never returned to the WWE in late 1983?" or "What if Jim Crockett was smarter with his money?". I just feel like ECW's role in the past decade and a half would be similar to the impact ROH has made on the overall business (IE. Creating some good moments, but mostly just supplying the WWE with their new crop of talents).

Quote Originally Posted by ATLBrand View Post
    Who, if anyone, would you like to see return in the 2014 Royal Rumble match? This includes people who'd stay in the WWE for a long term as well as people just returning for the night.
    With how much he wants it, let Jake Roberts have his moment. He can be in there for literally two minutes and all he has to be able to do physically is take a bump to give someone a DDT (Someone the status of Fandango) and be thrown over the top rope. If it was up to me, I'd use Jake Roberts against someone like Heath Slater. After Jake comes out to a big reaction, he begins punching everyone in the ring (And DDT's Fandango), but Slater ruins the moment with a low blow and throws Jake out. Jake brings out Damien throws and chases Slater out of the ring (Slater eliminates himself) and they run to the back. That's it. Jake gets his last moment in the spotlight and the fans get an experience that will be one of the more memorable ones of the night.

Maybe bring out Rikishi to have a fun moment in the ring with The Usos.

If the Ultimate Warrior is going to be inducted into the HOF, bring him out for a special appearance near the end. It'll give you some material for his DVD too.

Top five feuds of the Rock's career (in order)? I'm watching the ladder match with HHH and I'm curious as to where you'd rank it (third I assume)
    1. Mankind
    2. Steve Austin
    3. Chris Jericho
    4. Triple H
    5. B commentators (Kevin Kelly, Michael Cole, Coach, ect)

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

If you were to book Hulk Hogan vs Bruno Sammartino for the World Title, when and where would you book it at? (IE: WrestleMania 2 and Madison Square Garden)

Quote Originally Posted by Austerio View Post
    If you were to book Hulk Hogan vs Bruno Sammartino for the World Title, when and where would you book it at? (IE: WrestleMania 2 and Madison Square Garden)
    Why would you book it? Do you want fans to boo one of them? You do not do that match under no conditions. Now what you do want to do is book a tag match with Hogan and Bruno vs two of the biggest heels. A pretty decent Wrestlemania 2 main event could have been Hulk Hogan and Bruno Sammartino vs King Kong Bundy and Don Muraco. The feud gets set-up exactly as Hogan/Bundy was with Bundy attacking and breaking Hogan's ribs after a match with Don Muraco. Over the next few weeks, Muraco, Bundy and Bundy's manager, Bobby Heenan, brags about killing Hulkamania. Eventually, commentator, Sammartino, calls them out for being the lowlife scum that they are. Maybe that sets up a singles match between Sammartino and Muraco on the next SNME. The match ends with Bundy running in with the idea of attacking and breaking Bruno's ribs like he did with Hogan. However, before he can do that, Hogan returns and makes the save for Bruno. Finally, you officially make the tag match for Wrestlemania 2 in MSG.

Simple as fuck. It's the Hogan/Bundy program mixed with the Savage/Bruno program, but with Bundy/Muraco in Savage's place.

But a singles match between Hogan and Bruno? Get the fuck out of here.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Loving seeing this back.

I won't do a DVD question yet, so my first question is-

If Vince rang you up(We all know he has you on speed dial) and asked you to pick who would go into the WWE HOF this year who would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    If Vince rang you up(We all know he has you on speed dial) and asked you to pick who would go into the WWE HOF this year who would you pick?
    With this being the 30th Wrestlemania, base the selections on meaningful figures from past Manias.

Headliner (Modern) - The Rock

Headliner (Semi-Old School) - The Ultimate Warrior

Tag Team - Demolition (May be a bit of a controversial pick, but they were featured in three straight Manias in tag title matches)

Manager - Paul Bearer (I thought he was inducted last year?)

Celebrity - Mr. T

Singles - Jake Roberts

Family - The Poffos

It's a little overly modern class, but it all fits the theme of the Wrestlemania edition of the class.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    With this being the 30th Wrestlemania, base the selections on meaningful figures from past Manias.

Headliner (Modern) - The Rock

Headliner (Semi-Old School) - The Ultimate Warrior

Tag Team - Demolition (May be a bit of a controversial pick, but they were featured in three straight Manias in tag title matches)

Manager - Paul Bearer (I thought he was inducted last year?)

Celebrity - Mr. T

Singles - Jake Roberts

Family - The Poffos

It's a little overly modern class, but it all fits the theme of the Wrestlemania edition of the class.
    I was thinking Demolition myself, I think there was talk of Bearer going in last year but it was too soon, also I'm pretty sure Rocky's filming during Mania season this year but overall a good selection.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think you knew this was coming.

Please do a JBL 3 Disc DVD. I'd say a Sheamus one too but that'd be hard since your cut off is 2009

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    I was thinking Demolition myself, I think there was talk of Bearer going in last year but it was too soon, also I'm pretty sure Rocky's filming during Mania season this year but overall a good selection.
    I don't think the too soon thing meant much for Bearer. Bearer hadn't been active on a full time basis since 1999ish. When it comes to deciding whether someone is getting in too soon after the death, it all comes down to one simple question. Would they have been potentially inducted that year had they still been alive? For a guy like Eddie Guerrero, of course not. But Paul Bearer? They could have inducted him in 2012 and people would have been okay with it.

Even if Rock's filming something during Mania week, I imagine he could slip away for a couple of days.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

YES! YES!S YES! The greatest thread us back!

How would you book AJ Styles in ROH in 2014?

The Crown Jewel

Status

Who throws your favorite Superkick?

Check out DGUSA: Reviving the Dragon - Located in the BTB Section!

superkek party

Status

Favorite tag team from Ring of Honor that didn't succeeded.

I think you knew this was coming.

Please do a JBL 3 Disc DVD. I'd say a Sheamus one too but that'd be hard since your cut off is 2009
    Ugh.

Disc 1 - The Beginning: Trying to find his spot

Justin Hawk Bradshaw vs Bob Holly
    Superstars - January 27, 1996
    (WWE TV debut)

Justin Hawk Bradshaw vs Savio Vega
    Caribbean Strap Match
    In Your House: Mind Games

Justin Hawk Bradshaw vs Shawn Michaels
    Superstars - September 29, 1996

The New Blackjacks vs The Godwinns
    MSG - March 16, 1997
    (An excuse to put a match from this very random televised MSG event on DVD)

Jeff Jarrett (c) vs Bradshaw
    NWA North American Title
    In Your House: No Way Out of Texas

Bradshaw vs Steven Regal
    Heat - November 1, 1998
    (Beginning of Acolyte gimmick)

The Acolytes vs The New Age Outlaws
    Heat - In Your House: Rock Bottom
    (Rare The Acolytes match where they were managed by the Jackyl prior to joining the Ministry)

The Acolytes kidnap Dennis Knight - Undertaker sacrifices him to create Mideon
    Raw - January 11, 1999
    (Start of The Acolytes role as Taker's henchmen and The Ministry)
    Disc 2 - The Acolytes/APA

The Acolytes and Mideon vs The Brood
    Backlash 1999

The Hardy Boyz and Michael PS Hayes vs The Acolytes
    WWE Tag Titles
    Fully Loaded 1999

The Acolytes vs The Dudley Boyz
    Unforgiven 1999

The Mean Street Posse hires The Acolytes
    Raw - January 31, 2000
    (Beginning of The Acolytes becoming the APA)

E&C (c) vs The APA
    WWE Tag Titles
    Fully Loaded 2000

Bradshaw and Jeff Hardy vs Faarooq and Matt Hardy
    Smackdown - January 25, 2001

The Rock and The APA vs Booker T, Test and Rhyno
    Elimination Match
    Smackdown - September 20, 2001

The Hurricane (c) vs Bradshaw
    WWE European Title
    Raw - October 22, 2001

The APA and The Undertaker vs The FBI
    Smackdown - June 26, 2003
    (APA's return match)

Scotty and Rikishi (c) vs The APA
    WWE Tag Titles
    Smackdown - March 18, 2004
    (Final APA match)

JBL in-ring promo
    Smackdown - March 25, 2004
    (Debut of JBL character)
    Disc 3 - JBL: The Wrestling God

JBL vs El Gran Luchadore
    Smackdown - April 22, 2004

Eddie Guerrero (c) vs JBL
    Milan, Italy - June 3, 2004
    (They might have the footage. I know I have the show burned on a DVD)

Eddie Guerrero (c) vs JBL
    Bullrope Match
    Great American Bash 2004

JBL talks about why his title reign sucked so badly
    WWE Studios

JBL (c) vs The Big Show vs Eddie Guerrero vs The Undertaker
    WWE World Title
    Armageddon 2004

The Big Show and Rey Mysterio vs The Big Show and Kane
    Smackdown - December 2, 2005
    (Showcase of Raw vs Smackdown feud)

JBL talks about his injuries leading up to his worst night ever
    WWE Studios

JBL (c) vs Bobby Lashley
    WWE US Title
    Smackdown - May 26, 2006

Rey Mysterio (c) vs JBL
    World Heavyweight Title vs JBL's career
    Smackdown - May 26, 2006

JBL vs Chris Jericho
    Royal Rumble 2008

CM Punk (c) vs JBL
    WWE IC Title
    Raw - March 9, 2009

JBL (c) vs Rey Mysterio
    WWE IC Title
    Wrestlemania 24
    Blu-Ray Extras

Justin Hawk Bradshaw and Uncle Zebakiah vs Savio Vega and Freddie Joy Floyd
    Superstars - August 17, 1996
    (Did you know Bradshaw feuded with Floyd aka Tracy Smothers?)

The New Blackjacks vs The Godwinns
    In Your House: Canadian Stampede

Bradshaw and TAKA vs Kai En Tai
    King of the Ring 1998

The Acolytes and The Rock 'n' Sock Connection vs Degeneration X
    Raw - January 10, 2000

Bradshaw and Steve Austin vs The Undertaker, Scott Hall and X-Pac
    Raw - April 15, 2002

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio (c) vs JBL and Orlando Jordan
    WWE Tag Titles
    March 10, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    How would you book AJ Styles in ROH in 2014?
    It really just depends on how long he's going to be there. If it's just for these three shows, then you can get away with only booking him in dream matches. If closer around a half dozen, then you can give him a clearer purpose. The main question that needs to be asked is "Who do you want to benefit from Styles' return?" I'm sure a lot would say Adam Cole, but with Chris Hero back, that seems a bit redundant to waste two return programs on the champ. Personally, I would suggest reDRagon. A short little program with them would create a few easy match-ups while also giving a young wrestler the rub from being selected by Styles to be his partner. Let's say Styles is a lock for six shows over the course of these first three months of the year. Obviously, the Jan 4th show is a lock. So after the Strong match, I'd begin the Styles/reDRagon feud with reDRagon cutting a promo against Styles. That can set-up the Feb 21 and 22 matches with Styles vs O'Reilly and Styles vs Fish. With Styles winning the two matches, he can earn himself a tag title shot in March. If there's a TV taping in March, have Styles work either a four-way or a six man mayhem match against 3-5 of the best younger talents. I'm thinking Matt Taven, Cedric Alexander, Adam Page, ACH and Silas Young. The multi-man match allows Styles to get a little taste of what all of these young guys (lol, the oldest guy is named Young) can do.

After a tough battle, Styles ends up picking Alexander to be his partner in the upcoming iPPV title match. They have a back-and-forth battle, but reDRagon retains after cheating on Alexander. During the next TV tapings, reDRagon boasts about beating styles and how Alexander was such a weak link. Styles defends Alexander and challenges reDRagon to another match at the next iPPV, this time in a 2 out of 3 falls match. In that iPPV match, Styles is the one pinned in the first fall after a chair shot or something that hurts Styles enough that he's unable to be involved in the entire second fall and the majority of the second. Meanwhile, Alexander is left alone for the second fall and pulls off a huge upset by picking up the pin in the second fall. In the third fall, reDRagon attempts a cover after cover, but Alexander keeps kicking out. Finally, Styles recovers enough to get the hot tag to set-up the gigantic final few minutes where everyone is hitting their crazy spots and big moves. In the end, Styles ends up pinned for the second time via Chasing the Dragon. The commentators hype up Alexander's performance, virtually working the entire match by himself and not only did he force the match to go into the third fall, but he wasn't the weak link in the team since Styles was the one pinned twice. So Styles endorses Alexander as the star of the future while reDRagon gets put over big with Styles losing cleanly to their finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeHead3 View Post
    Who throws your favorite Superkick?
    *Shrugs*

Scott Lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Roray View Post
    Favorite tag team from Ring of Honor that didn't succeeded.
    I suppose it depends on what you consider succeeding. For some inexplicable reason, I'm a big Carnage Crew fan. Would Generation Next's Roderick Strong and Jack Evans count seeing as they never won the belts?

superkek party

Status

I can go with those.

I basically meant "didn't succeed" as in were good-great, but never over or broken up within a short amount of time that had good-great potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Roray View Post
    I can go with those.

I basically meant "didn't succeed" as in were good-great, but never over or broken up within a short amount of time that had good-great potential.
    As far as short lasting teams go, you can throw in Team Work. Those dudes were decent.

HOSS MOD

Status

I remember back in your PWG thread that you initially didn't like Scott Lost, but eventually warmed up to him once he started teaming with Chris Bosh or something like that.

So, what other wrestlers did you not initially like that, after a character change, style change, or angle, you eventually grew to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    I remember back in your PWG thread that you initially didn't like Scott Lost, but eventually warmed up to him once he started teaming with Chris Bosh or something like that.
    The first Scott Lost match I watched was him vs Bryan Danielson at The Gentle Art of Making Enemies. I was so bored that I fell asleep. When that happens to me during a Danielson match, I can't help but begin an irrational hatred of his opponent. I started warming up to Lost the more I saw of him. Seeing a lot of Arrogance when I bought PWG Anthology Vol. 2 certainly helped though.

A brief look back at my feelings towards Scott Lost. The video begins with my initial thoughts of Lost and ends with how I feel now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ursTBD0sZ0

So, what other wrestlers did you not initially like that, after a character change, style change, or angle, you eventually grew to like?
    Well, there's Chris Masters. Absolutely hated him during his original WWE run. I can't really think of any other obvious picks. The list of guys I ended up hating after initially liking them is a lot larger. As is the list of wrestlers I didn't hate, but rather I didn't appreciate, but eventually realized they were far better than I realized is lengthy as well. Such names include The Orient Express, The Genius and Dr. Death.

Sweet Meat

Status

Whoa, what's with the raging boner for Cederick Alexander?

Spoiler:

Whoa, what's with the raging boner for Cederick Alexander?
    Eh, no raging boner. He's just a decent talent who's in the position that is ideal for that role. You obviously don't want to pair Styles up with someone who's already a star in the making (IE. Ciampa), but instead you try to make a lowcarder into someone who matters so ROH has another star.

Thread Information