Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155
Results 3,081 to 3,091 of 3091

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

  1. #3081

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vadermania View Post
    Jim,

    Any chance of reviewing Would You Rather in October?
    Fright Fest talk really belongs in the Fright Fest 11 thread.

  2. #3082
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    66924
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Did you get a chance to see an episode of NWA Power on youtube, bro?

  3. #3083

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Did you get a chance to see an episode of NWA Power on youtube, bro?
    I have not. October is a horrendous time for me to try and watch some wrestling.

  4. #3084
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,320
    Rep Power
    444481

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    what do you think of WWE getting rid of weekly Hidden Gems?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  5. #3085

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    what do you think of WWE getting rid of weekly Hidden Gems?
    I don't really have a problem with it. At least until we get a better idea of what's happening. Sure, it's a little disappointing since the reveal of what hidden gems were going to be added was a highlight each week, but it's not as if weekly hidden gems has been a thing for very long. I'm not even entirely sure if they had started doing it prior to 2019. Who knows, maybe this switch will encourage the WWE to focus more on themed batches for uploads. To be honest, ever since they switched to the weekly format, so much has been added that there's still a ton that I want to watch, but haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

    As a subscriber whose main interest in the WWE Network was categories like the Hidden Gems, I'm not concerned about the loss of weekly uploads.

  6. #3086
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,320
    Rep Power
    444481

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it. At least until we get a better idea of what's happening. Sure, it's a little disappointing since the reveal of what hidden gems were going to be added was a highlight each week, but it's not as if weekly hidden gems has been a thing for very long. I'm not even entirely sure if they had started doing it prior to 2019. Who knows, maybe this switch will encourage the WWE to focus more on themed batches for uploads. To be honest, ever since they switched to the weekly format, so much has been added that there's still a ton that I want to watch, but haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

    As a subscriber whose main interest in the WWE Network was categories like the Hidden Gems, I'm not concerned about the loss of weekly uploads.
    It started in 2017 maybe even before. The first one had Funk vs Hart from Funks retirement show.

    There's also grumblings that monthly classic content drops are fading away too.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  7. #3087

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    It started in 2017 maybe even before. The first one had Funk vs Hart from Funks retirement show.
    That doesn't seem accurate, but I'll go along with it. My main memory of Hidden Gems before 2019 were rare dumps of a handful of matches or segments.

    There's also grumblings that monthly classic content drops are fading away too.
    Honestly, at this point there's little point to getting concerned at this moment. The WWE Network in 2020 will likely be entirely different with the likelihood of tier subscriptions, additions of other companies, ect. So who knows what's to come. The WWE Network, in general, already has went through a lot of changes as they tried to figure out what they wanted the service to be like.

    The WWE Network has been an incredible experience over the last near six years and it has more than deserved faith that they won't screw things up.

  8. #3088
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,320
    Rep Power
    444481

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    That doesn't seem accurate, but I'll go along with it. My main memory of Hidden Gems before 2019 were rare dumps of a handful of matches or segments.



    Honestly, at this point there's little point to getting concerned at this moment. The WWE Network in 2020 will likely be entirely different with the likelihood of tier subscriptions, additions of other companies, ect. So who knows what's to come. The WWE Network, in general, already has went through a lot of changes as they tried to figure out what they wanted the service to be like.

    The WWE Network has been an incredible experience over the last near six years and it has more than deserved faith that they won't screw things up.
    actually youre correct. it wasn't weekly back then. it became weekly in 2018 i think.

    i really wish they give us WCW pro, WCW Main Event and Worldwide.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  9. #3089

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    actually youre correct. it wasn't weekly back then. it became weekly in 2018 i think.
    My memory is that near Christmas 2018, they started adding new Christmas-based uploads to the Hidden Gems section on a daily basis. These were shows like the AWA Christmas specials. This was the most they were adding over a short period of time. After Christmas, the theme of regular uploads continued, but in a weekly format.

    i really wish they give us WCW pro, WCW Main Event and Worldwide.
    Even if they did, you've been very vocal about not having the WWE Network, so you wouldn't be able to see it anyways...

  10. #3090
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,320
    Rep Power
    444481

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    My memory is that near Christmas 2018, they started adding new Christmas-based uploads to the Hidden Gems section on a daily basis. These were shows like the AWA Christmas specials. This was the most they were adding over a short period of time. After Christmas, the theme of regular uploads continued, but in a weekly format.



    Even if they did, you've been very vocal about not having the WWE Network, so you wouldn't be able to see it anyways...
    come on Jim, im craftier than that!!!!

    id actually consider re subscribing if they beefed up the classic content.

    things id love to see on the network:

    Fantastics vs Midnight Express from Worldwide 5/18/88.
    Pillman vs Flair from WCW saturday night 1990 ( i forget the date)
    Flair vs Steamboat WCW Main Event 94( not the Saturday night match)
    Bret Hart vs Perfect from Anchorage Alaska 89. Both guys have stated it was their best match together
    Flair vs Hart iron man match.
    Benoit vs Regal from Velocity

    any matches you'd like to see ( as in hiiden Gems or matches from shows not up yet?)
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  11. #3091

    Re: The Ask Jim Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    come on Jim, im craftier than that!!!!

    id actually consider re subscribing if they beefed up the classic content.

    things id love to see on the network:

    Fantastics vs Midnight Express from Worldwide 5/18/88.
    Pillman vs Flair from WCW Saturday night 1990 ( i forget the date)
    Flair vs Steamboat WCW Main Event 94( not the Saturday night match)
    Bret Hart vs Perfect from Anchorage Alaska 89. Both guys have stated it was their best match together
    Flair vs Hart iron man match.
    Benoit vs Regal from Velocity
    That Steamboat/Flair match really isn't anything special. I know it has some significance being the final televised Flair/Steamboat match, but it's just ten minutes long and didn't even feature a proper finish.

    any matches you'd like to see ( as in hidden Gems or matches from shows not up yet?)
    I feel like I answered a pretty similar question around the time that Bret/Magee was found. Hidden Gems wise, there's just so much that you don't know that it exists to be able to list off individual matches. There's curiosity matches like the two try out matches featuring Owen Hart against Chris Benoit and later Kurt Angle. My real interest just comes in getting additional full shows whether it's house shows from non-WWE companies that we didn't know was taped, the rest of the WWE TV specials (Whether it's the USA Network PPV previews or later shows like Super Tuesday), or other weekly shows.

    The documentaries for the WWE Network Originals tend to be really great. I'd love for the Network to cover more specific, lesser talked about topics like they did with the Bret/Magee doc that preceded the match. The big events like the creation of Wrestlemania, debut of HIAC, the Monday Night Wars, ect has been talked about for ages, but there's endless other stories that can be captivating for fans to find out about. Take for example, the Adrian Street special that popped up on the Network a few months ago. You have a guy who was never in the WWE, WCW, and ECW, yet here he is being talked about with the WWE acknowledging wrestling outside of WWE history. More of random shit like those types of documentaries would be swell.

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •