Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 2,581 to 2,599 of 2599

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Not sure if this has ever been asked to you....don't really want to go through 129 pages to find out haha....however.....who was your favoured commentary partnership and why? Bobby Heenan & Gorilla Monsoon or Jesse Ventura & Gorilla Monsoon?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Inspired by this entry in Shock's thread:

In your opinion, the top ten most influential matches of all time. Not greatest or worst, the ones with the biggest impact on the industry.
    I think when it comes to most influential, I'm mostly just going to be thinking about gimmick matches since those are more clearly established. Others aren't so clearly defined by just one match, but rather by a few. So let's see what I can come up with:

(In no order)

- Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 10
    - Edge and Christian vs The New Brood - No Mercy 1999

I'm putting these two together, but they're two different entries. The first one made the ladder match a popular gimmick in the world of wrestling. It's not the first ladder match ever, not even in the WWE, but it is the one that exposed it to every wrestling fan. The second match took an already popular gimmick and added the slight twist of including multiple people. With there being more people, the ability to have more spots became an option. It's the one responsible for TLC, Money in the Bank, and Ultimate X. If I could compare these two matches to something, it would be the movie industry. Razor/Michaels was the "Movie" that was first screened in movie theaters, allowing people to see the same performance rather than just seeing plays where the cast would need to be present every night. The tag match was the introduction of Betamax, allowing moviegoers to take that theatrical performance and watch it from the comfort of their home. Both have drastically altered what we think of performances and stories. Even though the one is necessary for the other to exist, the second created enough that it stands as it's own as an entry on this list.

- Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid Series/Brian Pillman vs Jushin Liger - Superbrawl II - Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Eddie Guerrero - Halloween Havoc 1997

I alluded to it earlier that there's some influences where I can't quite pinpoint which match was the greatest influence, so I might as well just include a few for this one. Plain and simple, these are the matches that I believe are mostly responsible for the high flying Cruiserweight style's popularity. Lately it seems as if TNA is trying to take credit for the return of the Cruiserweight Division, which seems pretty odd to me since they were literally nothing more than a continuation of the WCW Cruiserweight division. I imagine each match has played a role in inspiring future wrestlers to be high flyers as well.

- Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels - Survivor Series 1997

While hardly the first time someone was legitimately screwed over in a match, this is the match responsible for all of those awful __ Screwjob matches that begin in 1998 and chances are have still happened in 2017, but I'm unaware of which matches due to how little I follow today's wrestling.

- Bunkhouse Stampede 1985

I'm giving credit to the introduction of the Bunkhouse Stampede matches in JCP for adding a new dynamic to the traditional battle royal. It's thanks to the Bunkhouse Stampede that the WWE tried their own twist on the battle royal in 1988 with the creation of the Royal Rumble, a free USA Network special that just happened to air at the same time as JCP's second PPV - Bunkhouse Stampede 1988. Of course the Royal Rumble helped keep the battle royal relevant with other companies trying their own twist on the match including TNA's infamous reverse battle royal.

- Sabu vs Terry Funk vs Shane Douglas - The Night The Line Was Crossed

While it's not the first time a match involved multiple men, Mid-South somehow had a 4-way elimination tag match as far back as 1985, it is the match that made them popular. The whole idea of having a match with multiple men was pretty crazy. It became one of ECW's signature matches and when ROH was created in ECW's ashes, the three-way dance remained a highly important match. WCW was quicker to jump on board with the match by 1995, but WWE started up in 1997. Over the years, the three-way dance evolved into including more men and you can attribute the success of a match like MITB to not only that tag match from No Mercy 1999, but also this match. With a four-way match at Summerslam and another one at the upcoming No Mercy, this match is still inspiring WWE booking.

- Hulk Hogan and Mr. T vs Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff - Wrestlemania 1

Celebrities and wrestling wasn't a new concept and chances are this wasn't the first celeb based match, but it is the first truly well known one. Thanks to the success of not only this match, but the show in general, wrestling realized that there can be some real money being made to bring in celebs for matches. Some have been successes like Money vs The Big Show at WM 24, while others have not been such a hit like Jenna vs Sharmell from Victory Road 2009.

- Shawn Michaels vs Diesel - IYH: Good Friends, Better Enemies

I'm not even sure if this is the ideal match for this influence. The idea is that this match helped bring the ECW style of garbage matches and adapt it for an early Attitude Era-style main event match. It'd take a bit of time for this style of match to become norm in the WWE, but once it did become the norm, this was basically all we got for WWE World Title matches on PPV for a few years straight.

- Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 12

Again, not the first iron man match ever, not even in the WWE, but it's the one that popularized the match in America. Even though both WCW iron man matches at Beach Blast 92/93 ended in the typical tie or one fall win, I feel this match could have drastically altered how people booked iron man matches had this match went with a different finish. Instead, they not only ended the match with a tie, but then they started the match up again to give Michaels the won fall win, giving this match both finishes that this fucking match always receives. For some odd reason, wrestling loves this gimmick we get it far more often than we should. Again, we certainly don't get variety with this match with the outcome always being the same. Ugh.

- Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage - Wrestlemania 3

The match that I believe made workrate matches in the WWE something that could be a success. Not only do I feel it played a role in McMahon going with the likes of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in the early 90s, but it also pushed new wrestlers to try and work for dem lovely star ratings. Without this match, I do wonder how much would have been changed in the 90s with various people getting over and getting the opportunity to get a push and extending into the future with the rise of new companies like ROH.
    ---

For now I'm satisfied with this list. The emphasis is on this modern era from the 80s to today. If I had a greater amount of knowledge on earlier wrestling, this list would likely be very different, however; wrestling in general is extremely different from what it used to be. You could argue that making a list of the most influential matches would have to be broken down into different eras. A match like the first ever worked match has a different impact on wrestling than the creation of a new gimmick match.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Not sure if this has ever been asked to you....don't really want to go through 129 pages to find out haha....however.....who was your favoured commentary partnership and why? Bobby Heenan & Gorilla Monsoon or Jesse Ventura & Gorilla Monsoon?
    I'll probably go with Monsoon/Heenan since they had more fun chemistry. Monsoon/Ventura was a bit better at getting over the angles though.

When the black man talkin

Status

Good list. My only slight would be for the attitude era style main event I'd probably lean more towards Austin vs Hart (WM13) or Austin vs Dude Love (Over the Edge) as more influential than the Michaels/Diesel match. Michaels vs Diesel came before them, but it didn't change anything afterwards, they just went back to normal main events. But the entire concept of the WWE main event changed seemingly overnight with Austin vs Hart, and Austin vs Dude Love was the quintessential overbooked main event match in WWE that defined 1998-2001.

I'd probably also include Angle vs Benoit since that popularised the finisher/reversal/finisher/kickout style of match that is the staple of all of wrestling since it happened.

A friend in need is a pest

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Good list. My only slight would be for the attitude era style main event I'd probably lean more towards Austin vs Hart (WM13) or Austin vs Dude Love (Over the Edge) as more influential than the Michaels/Diesel match. Michaels vs Diesel came before them, but it didn't change anything afterwards, they just went back to normal main events. But the entire concept of the WWE main event changed seemingly overnight with Austin vs Hart, and Austin vs Dude Love was the quintessential overbooked main event match in WWE that defined 1998-2001.

I'd probably also include Angle vs Benoit since that popularised the finisher/reversal/finisher/kickout style of match that is the staple of all of wrestling since it happened.
    I used to have the OTE on VHS and loved that match.

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    That's the whole problem with coming up with influential matches, it's typically not just one, but a handful of matches combined. Sometimes there's the match that introduces a concept and then the match that popularizes it. Like with the ladder match. Bret/Shawn '92 is the reason why Shawn/Razor WM 10 happened, but it would be silly to claim Shawn/Bret is responsible for the entire ladder match craze. Perhaps Bret/Austin would be a better example of the Attitude Era main event style. I do think Austin/Dude Love was already when that style was starting up thanks to matches like Bret/Austin and the Survivor Series match between Bret/Shawn.

I'd probably also include Angle vs Benoit since that popularized the finisher/reversal/finisher/kickout style of match that is the staple of all of wrestling since it happened.
    For Benoit/Angle, I saw that as an extension of Steamboat/Savage. To some extent, I feel Benoit/Angle is just a modified version of Guerrero/Malenko ECW, which was just a slightly tweaked version of Steamboat/Savage.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

The other day Jim I was watching I think the name of is Secrets of the Ring with Dusty Rhodes. This took Sit down took part in 2004 or 2005, but Dusty was talking about how Magnum TA was going to be the next top guy because his Crash in 1987 or 88 I believe. Dusty said after that he would start pushing Sting for that role, but Jim what if Magnum never would of been in that Crash Crash that ended his career? Do you think he would of the been NWA/WCW Hulk Hogan or would he have been a flash in a pan?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    The other day Jim I was watching I think the name of is Secrets of the Ring with Dusty Rhodes. This took Sit down took part in 2004 or 2005, but Dusty was talking about how Magnum TA was going to be the next top guy because his Crash in 1987 or 88 I believe. Dusty said after that he would start pushing Sting for that role, but Jim what if Magnum never would of been in that Crash Crash that ended his career? Do you think he would of the been NWA/WCW Hulk Hogan or would he have been a flash in a pan?
    Magnum's car accident occurred in October 1986, actually a few days before I was born.

Despite all of the rumors of Magnum TA getting a big run with the NWA Title, I don't see any reason to believe that Magnum would have remained in that spot. For starters, JCP/WCW was a heel territory. Magnum now being the ace of the company would completely alter the mentality of the company, something that didn't truly change until Hulk Hogan came into town in 1994. Since there isn't any reason to suspect that Crockett wouldn't have had to sell the company to Ted Turner just over two years later*, whether or not Magnum was given the title, there's also the problem of reality showing us that Ric Flair had far more pull than Dusty Rhodes in their power struggle in the majority of 1988. The power struggle was so in favor of Flair that as soon as Turner's people were in charge, Dusty almost immediately began to lose power before he was pushed out/left the company. So if Flair has the power, why would he be in favor of stepping aside for Magnum?

Had Magnum not been involved in the car accident, I imagine he would have won the NWA Title at Starrcade 1986 and lost the belt back to Ric Flair at some point in 1987. From there, Magnum would be depushed back into just being a top micarder/part time Flair challenger until Dusty was pushed out of the company at the end of 1988. That's assuming Magnum lasted that long and he didn't do exactly what The Brainbusters, The Sheepherders, Ron Garvin, The Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Powers of Pain did and bailed on JCP prior to the sale to Turner. Depending on when Magnum left, he'd either go directly to the WWE or kill a few months by working a bit in AWA or Dusty's short lived Florida territory before joining WWE in 1989.

* Keep in mind that JCP was still drawing good business in 1988, but they were still losing tons of money due to overspending.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Supposedly, British Bulldog was close to coming in and joining the nWo. Instead of the Giant, he would have been there. How do you think this would have changed the angle, for better or for worse?

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

It's 2038, and AJ Styles is busy minding his own business in his backyard on the outskirts of Gainesville, Georgia. The sun kisses his still ludicrously tanned skin as he prunes away at an overgrown peach tree in a naive attempt to nuture some fruit from its decrepit loins for the first time in god knows how long, when CRACK! The once mighty tinder snaps in half under 2,700 lbs worth of steel backbone chassis and a shapely fibreglass body structure. What on earth is that?! A confounded and emotional A.J pulls himself together and takes a closer look.

My God, it's a Delorean! Seemingly fell out of the sky! And who's that driving it but.... Samoa Joe?! And he's looking mighty deranged.

"I'm so glad I found you AJ! I've just been to January 1998 and for some reason a guy on a forum booked me against Shane Douglas (like that would ever have drawn anything) when Taz was waiting right there!"

Joe begins to regale a still peachless AJ with tales of time travel and Tommy Dreamer, but AJ can't focus. Having clearly struggled anyway with any scientific or real logical thought throughout his entire scholarly life, a now 61 year old AJ's mind is even more banged up from the countless showstopping bumps they made him do from that dumbass Ultimate X structure.

"Get in get in, we can go whenever and wherever you choose!" Joe exclaims. "Just don't send me back to ECW"

A teary eyed Styles looks into the distance, the smell of peaches and economic ruin caused by decades of trickle down Republican policies thick in his nostrils.

"Ah jus miss da dayz wen I was wrasslin jo. Ah...ah jus.... ah just wana fil thu crows roar fir me wun las taim jo"

He grabs the gearstick and trembles as he enters the numbers...

... What era do you think a retired AJ Styles will most fondly look back on, and, if given a month or two, what angle/feud/set of matches do you think he will be most proud of?
    Last edited by Nash; 09-12-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truth is I'm just as a cool person and good to talk to with in any topic on this forum as much as my homie Raiz, the problem is like many of you are still hanging me from mistakes I made here years ago and you look down upon for me and say hey that's why we can't take this guy serious here and you know what I'm talking about. Listen here I'm not shocked to hear these words from you, but ask anyone including the 10 votes I got here and they'll tell you yeah hoho can get naughty

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Feel The Heat

Status

AJ would only be 51 in 2028. Christ, no wonder the user profiles were fucked for so long.

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

Do you think Damien Damento could have been a solid mid carder? Maybe won King of the Ring or had a decent IC Reign?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Supposedly, British Bulldog was close to coming in and joining the nWo. Instead of the Giant, he would have been there. How do you think this would have changed the angle, for better or for worse?
    Well, it certainly would have made more sense. The Giant joining the nWo at that point made zero sense as it was still very much so a WWE based faction. It completely altered the Giant's personality and other than helping set-up Giant/Hollywood II, it seemed unnecessary. They could have still set up Giant/Hollywood without having Giant turn heel...er. Bulldog would be a bit of an odd choice for the nWo though. He didn't have the sleazy style that the rest of those early members all had. Truthfully, would it have changed much? Probably not. There's still a better chance of Giant receiving the World Title shot in early 1997 and I don't see Bulldog ever being in the main event picture. So he would have just been a guy to keep guys like Luger, Giant, and Steiners busy when they weren't wrestling Hogan or The Outsiders for the titles.

When you look back at the history of the nWo, how many members truly affected things? Very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    It's 2038, and AJ Styles is busy minding his own business in his backyard on the outskirts of Gainesville, Georgia. The sun kisses his still ludicrously tanned skin as he prunes away at an overgrown peach tree in a naive attempt to nuture some fruit from its decrepit loins for the first time in god knows how long, when CRACK! The once mighty tinder snaps in half under 2,700 lbs worth of steel backbone chassis and a shapely fibreglass body structure. What on earth is that?! A confounded and emotional A.J pulls himself together and takes a closer look.

My God, it's a Delorean! Seemingly fell out of the sky! And who's that driving it but.... Samoa Joe?! And he's looking mighty deranged.

"I'm so glad I found you AJ! I've just been to January 1998 and for some reason a guy on a forum booked me against Shane Douglas (like that would ever have drawn anything) when Taz was waiting right there!"

Joe begins to regale a still peachless AJ with tales of time travel and Tommy Dreamer, but AJ can't focus. Having clearly struggled anyway with any scientific or real logical thought throughout his entire scholarly life, a now 61 year old AJ's mind is even more banged up from the countless showstopping bumps they made him do from that dumbass Ultimate X structure.

"Get in get in, we can go whenever and wherever you choose!" Joe exclaims. "Just don't send me back to ECW"

A teary eyed Styles looks into the distance, the smell of peaches and economic ruin caused by decades of trickle down Republican policies thick in his nostrils.

"Ah jus miss da dayz wen I was wrasslin jo. Ah...ah jus.... ah just wana fil thu crows roar fir me wun las taim jo"

He grabs the gearstick and trembles as he enters the numbers...

... What era do you think a retired AJ Styles will most fondly look back on, and, if given a month or two, what angle/feud/set of matches do you think he will be most proud of?
    Buddy, you tried way too hard to be creative. You've had success with asking creative questions in the past and it seemed as if you went out of your way to outdo yourself. Instead, you ended up with a Saw sequel. Technically more creative, but mostly just a mess. You would get massive credit for connecting this question to a question/answer from 2013, but you botched that by claiming that I had booked Samoa Joe to just wrestle Shane Douglas. In reality, it was all about Samoa Joe feuding with Bam Bam Bigelow and Taz, both big matches, then eventually he'd get a Shane Douglas match once all of the ECW dream matches for Joe were finished. Then you fucked up the year/AJ's age to make it seem like you did a sloppy job researching this question, which is the opposite of how we should feel since you did try to connect it to the 2013 question. Remove all of the attempts at being creative and what are we left with? You're either asking what AJ Styles is most proud of from his career or what he's a fan of from wrestling history. What sort of question is that? I'm not AJ Styles. I don't know what his thought process is.

Instead of creating a Jaws like summer blockbuster question, you asked the equivalent of a Battlefield Earth level bomb.

I'm not mad at you...I'm just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    AJ would only be 51 in 2028. Christ, no wonder the user profiles were fucked for so long.
    It's sad, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Do you think Damien Damento could have been a solid mid carder? Maybe won King of the Ring or had a decent IC Reign?
    That seems like an odd piece of booking for a character based wrestler. Looking back at Demento, I don't understand why he wasn't given a proper feud against the Undertaker. His look perfectly fit the role of one of those monsters who would feud with the Undertaker in the early 90s, the same type that feuded with Hulk Hogan for his B programs in the 80s. I could have easily bought into the idea of a casket match between Taker and Demento at either KOTR or Summerslam '93. I don't see him as being someone who would have had a long tenure in the WWE, but he should have been a monster heel for a year with perhaps starting off with a feud against The Undertaker and then being depushed into a feud against maybe Tatanka or a babyface Bastion Booger.

Perhaps the biggest issue with Demento is that he came into the WWE in 1993. A year that had Giant Gonzalez, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bastion Booger, Adam Bomb, The Headshrinkers, Mr. Hughes, and others that already served the same purpose that Demento would have been in.

Feel The Heat

Status

Would you kindly book as WWF World Champion in 1995 with the run ending when he left the company in January of 96?

Think of the implication

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Would you kindly book as WWF World Champion in 1995 with the run ending when he left the company in January of 96?
    That sounds amazing. As a huge Jeff Jarrett mark, I would love to see Jim's booking of him as the WWF champion. Ain't he great
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

stressed but chillin

Status

Did you happen to listen to last week's Something to Wrestle With?

Spoiler:

Status

Curious to see how Jim would book this. Or if he will book this.

Personally, I expect it would be somewhat similar to how his title runs in WCW went. Lots of broken guitars, male stripper outfits, and indifferent fans meaning indifferent business.

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Curious to see how Jim would book this. Or if he will book this.

Personally, I expect it would be somewhat similar to how his title runs in WCW went. Lots of broken guitars, male stripper outfits, and indifferent fans meaning indifferent business.
    So...basically 1995 WWF in a nutshell?

Status

Wrestlemania 11
    (Select matches)

Diesel (c) def Shawn Michaels w/Sid to retain WWE World Title
    The Undertaker def King Kong Bundy w/Ted DiBiase
    Jeff Jarrett (c) w/The Roadie def Razor Ramon w/The 1-2-3 Kid via Roadie interference for the WWE IC Title
    The Allied Powers (British Bulldog and Lex Luger) def Tatanka and IRS w/Ted DiBiase

April 1995
    - Ted DiBiase, frustrated at the poor performance of the Million Dollar Corporation at WM 11, fires every member of the group, promising to buy a new & improved version of the group.
    - Sid turns on Shawn Michaels, attacking & injuring HBK. The following week, Sid is introduced as the first member of the NEW Million Dollar Corporation. The result is a new feud between Sid and WWE Champion, Diesel.

In Your House 1

Jeff Jarrett (c) and The Roadie def Razor Ramon to retain the WWE IC Title in a handicap match
    Hakushi def Bret Hart after Ted DiBiase interferes to reveal Hakushi as the second member of the NEW Million Dollar Corporation
    Sid def Diesel (c) via DQ after interference from Hakushi

King of the Ring 1995

Diesel and Bam Bam Bigelow def Sid and Hakushi, after the match, the heels lay out Diesel and stand tall with the WWE World Title

KOTR Tournament

Quarter-finals
    Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie def Lex Luger via Roadie interference
    Razor Ramon def IRS
    Shawn Michael def The 1-2-3 Kid
    Owen Hart def The British Bulldog

Semi-finals
    Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie def Razor Ramon via DQ after the referee catches the 1-2-3 Kid interfering without seeing The Roadie interfering first
    Shawn Michaels def Owen Hart

Finals
    Jeff Jarrett def Shawn Michaels to win the KOTR after the Roadie was barred from ringside, but the Million Dollar Corporation (Sid/Hakushi) interfere to help Jarrett win.

IC Champion, Jarrett, becomes the KOTR, and joins the NEW Million Dollar Corporation with The Roadie joining by association.

In Your House 2

Diesel (c) def Sid to retain WWE Title with interference from the NEW Million Dollar Corporation (Jarrett/Roadie/Hakushi), HBK, Razor, 1-2-3 Kid, and Bigelow.
    Jeff Jarrett and Hakushi w/Ted DiBiase def Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid after Kid accidentally kicked Razor.
    Bam Bam Bigelow def The Roadie in a pre-show match to be released on the Coliseum Home Video.

Summerslam 1995

Jeff Jarrett (c) def Diesel (c) in a WWE World Title/WWE IC Title match after interference from the NEW Million Dollar Corporation
    Shawn Michaels def Hakushi
    Bam Bam Bigelow def Sid via DQ
    Owen Hart and Yokozuna (c) def Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid to retain WWE Tag Titles

In Your House 3

Jeff Jarrett (c) def Razor Ramon to retain WWE Unified Title (WWE/IC Title) after interference from The 1-2-3 Kid turning on Razor in a program built around Razor being mocked for his losing streak and trying to prove that he can still be a success. Kid officially joins the NEW Million Dollar Corporation

October 1995
    IYH 4 is originally announced to be HBK challenging Jeff Jarrett for the WWE Title. In the go home edition of Raw, it's revealed that the NEW Million Dollar Corporation attacked and injured HBK.

In Your House 4

Jeff Jarrett (c) def Bam Bam Bigelow to retain WWE Unified Title after interference from NEW Million Dollar Corporation with Bigelow being the surprise last minute replacement for HBK.
    The 1-2-3 Kid def Razor Ramon via DQ after Razor hit Kid with a chair
    Sid and Hakushi w/Ted DiBiase def The Smoking Gunns (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles

Survivor Series 1995

Team Diesel (Diesel, Razor Ramon, Bam Bam Bigelow, and The Smoking Gunns) def The NEW Million Dollar Corporation (Jeff Jarrett, Hakushi, Sid, The 1-2-3 Kid, and The Roadie) in a Survivor Series elimination match with Diesel being the sole survivor, last eliminating Kid. Jarrett had been eliminating just prior after walking out.

In Your House 5

Jeff Jarrett (c) def Diesel to retain WWE Unified Title after the debut of 'The Ringmaster' Steve Austin interfering and joining the NEW Million Dollar Corporation.
    Hakushi and Sid (c) def Owen Hart and Yokozuna, Razor Ramon/Bigelow, and The Smoking Gunns to retain WWE Tag Titles

End of 1995
    Jeff Jarrett is stripped of the WWE IC Title due to months of not defending it, despite his claims that it has been defended as part of the WWE Unified Title.

IC Title Tournament results:

Quarter-Finals
    Goldust def Savio Vega
    The British Bulldog def Owen Hart after Bret Hart prevented Yokozuna interference
    Bam Bam Bigelow def The Roadie
    Skip def Razor Ramon after The 1-2-3 Kid interfered

Semi-Finals
    Goldust def The British Bulldog after interference from Owen Hart
    Bam Bam Bigelow def Skip

Royal Rumble 1996

'The Ringmaster' Steve Austin def Diesel via roll-up after Diesel was distracted by Jarrett
    Jeff Jarrett (c) def The Undertaker via DQ after Diesel attacked Jarrett
    Shawn Michaels wins the 1996 Royal Rumble match in a surprise return, last eliminating Sid with Bret Hart being screwed by being eliminating by previous eliminated Owen and Yokozuna
    Goldust def Bam Bam Bigelow in the finals of the WWE IC Title Tournament to win the Title

In Your House 6

The NEW Million Dollar Corporation (Jarrett/Hakushi/Sid) def Shawn Michaels and The Smoking Gunns after Roadie interference
    Goldust (c) def Bam Bam Bigelow after interference from 'The Ringmaster' Steve Austin
    Bret Hart def Owen Hart via submission

Wrestlemania 12

Shawn Michaels def Jeff Jarrett (c) to win the WWE World Title
    The Smoking Gunns def Hakushi/Sid (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles
    Razor Ramon def The 1-2-3 Kid
    The Undertaker def Diesel
    'The Ringmaster' Steve Austin def Bam Bam Bigelow
    Bret Hart and The British Bulldog def Owen Hart and Yokozuna
    ---

I think that mostly sums up my idea. From the very beginning of Jarrett joining the NEW Million Dollar Corporation, the idea would be to have HBK to eventually be the one to get the best of the faction and to take the belt away from Jarrett. Ideally, you'd change up Jarrett's look just a bit after he joins the faction. Maybe just wearing normal long tights and having wet slick back hair rather than being so gimmicky. Just as WM 11 was the death of the Million Dollar Corporation, WM 12 would be the death of the NEW Million Dollar Corporation with everyone disappearing except for Austin.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Marty Jannetty had a poor run in 1995-1996. He returned on Raw, the night after IYH3. Jannetty jobbed to Goldust at IYH4. Jannetty wasn't even on the WrestleMania 12 card. The New Rockers sucked. Marty's last match of that run was in December 16, 1996, the Raw show after IYH 12. Book Marty Jannetty's run in 95-96?

Book Jake Roberts return run as a heel from Royal Rumble 1996 with the run ending when he left the company around February 1997.

Thread Information