Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115123124125
Results 2,481 to 2,488 of 2488

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I have both... The network is good for watching old tv shows. I wish the network did a better job remembering what I watched last. DVDs sets are good for the extras and uncut docs or rare matches that haven't made their way to the Network.
    What do you mean wishing it remembered what you watched last? If you're talking about just knowing where you stopped in the middle of a show, the Network has always been good at that. I also like the fact that it now tries to start playing the next show after you finish one. A bit ago, I finished watching Great American Bash 1997 and it then automatically played GAB 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    Alrighty here goes. The monster face was champion for about a year or so. This was an Elimination chamber match and I had the champ start it. The monster face destroys a good chunk of the five other's in the match. The monster face eliminates three of the five Sami zayne(I think that's how you spell it) is the face that won it. The way he won was something straight out of wwe the monster face standing tall after getting rid of someone and sami crawling to to ropes to stand up. Now as the monster picks him up sami hit's the blue thunder bomb and then one two three new champ.

The thing is this was the first major title the monster had(he had the hardcore title before but lost it in a battle royal so he never got pinned or tapped out.) so I was thinking maybe he should turn heel and just start running guys over. But I need faces because there's a severe lack of them for me( i'm running this all in game btw but also trying to have a story.) guys like cena have been taken out orton is heel taker is gone just need top and mid card faces.

The other option was to just leave sami alone and book him for the world title. But i'm not sure I want him there so quickly( have bad PTSD when remembering ryback) but since bray has the world title with the family backing him up it would make a good story to see the monster face run though them.

Going back to the EC match the monster face took A LOT of finishers before sami got the blue thunder off. I hope I answered enough jim.
    I think most of what I said before applies here still. I'll admit I'm a little lost when you talk about a monster face being the previous champion, but then you begin talking about how Bray Wyatt has the title and I get a bit loss since I assume he's not the monster face.

What stands out most though is if Elimination Chamber takes place in February, I'm wondering why you're sacrificing a major Wrestlemania moment (Zayn beats the monster face to win the title) on the last PPV before Mania. A PPV that is supposed to be just about building up to Mania. Now you're at a weird point where I think you need a Mania match for Zayn, when you had the perfect one already.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What do you mean wishing it remembered what you watched last? If you're talking about just knowing where you stopped in the middle of a show, the Network has always been good at that. I also like the fact that it now tries to start playing the next show after you finish one. A bit ago, I finished watching Great American Bash 1997 and it then automatically played GAB 1998.

I think most of what I said before applies here still. I'll admit I'm a little lost when you talk about a monster face being the previous champion, but then you begin talking about how Bray Wyatt has the title and I get a bit loss since I assume he's not the monster face.

What stands out most though is if Elimination Chamber takes place in February, I'm wondering why you're sacrificing a major Wrestlemania moment (Zayn beats the monster face to win the title) on the last PPV before Mania. A PPV that is supposed to be just about building up to Mania. Now you're at a weird point where I think you need a Mania match for Zayn, when you had the perfect one already.
    Yeah it doesn't remember unless it's stopped in the middle of a show. If you finish the show and want to watch the next episode let's say a week later, there's no way that I see what I have watched versus what I haven't. I literally make a notepad file on my pc saying finished ECW episode Dec 7 1995 (example) I'm not watching 52 weeks of RAW 1996 in one night.

Unless I'm missing something. Netflix for example, the entire bar is red letting me know if I finished an episode. Maybe it's a cookie or cache thing?

What would make more sense if you finished watching GAB 1997, is it starts playing the nitro right after.

I also annoyed by the search results. I search for Steiner brothers and I get a huge list. Half the list is "finish of Steiner Brothers vs______." Who wants to just watch the finish of the match?

Maybe these things are settings that I have missed. It's not the end of the world or anything.

I was a highwayman

Status
      Country                    United States

Well as of now I benoit'd it...... But I have the chamber at Suvivor series(or when ever I had a screwy finish to a 4 way) and sami wasn't going to win it just happened because well it is a game after all so I can't control the luck of the A.I. lol.

I brought up wyatt because if the face doesn't go after sami he would probably go to the world title. See this elimination chamber match was for the U.S. title. Bray has the World heavyweight title.

So I guess to break it down would a face that's been unbeaten that long go straight to the world title picture or stay in the U.S. title ranking and get a rematch for the us title at TLC or the royal rumble? Or is there something else in there that would make a better story?

As I said I can just hit the reset button and start it at survivor series or I could just run with it and do one of the above.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    So I guess to break it down would a face that's been unbeaten that long go straight to the world title picture or stay in the U.S. title ranking and get a rematch for the us title at TLC or the royal rumble? Or is there something else in there that would make a better story?
    I don't know, man. It's your BTB. The "Right" answer is whatever gives you the best option for both the US and World Title match at Wrestlemania. There's a ton of ways you can go with it with them all working as long as you make them work.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Since I noticed you've watched it (possibly for the first time since you mentioned you'd never seen it when I reviewed it a few years back) how about some thoughts on Jaws 2? Skimming through my review I find I still feel the same way as I did then. There's a lot to enjoy (woman pouring gas on herself, shark killing the helicopter, Brody going nuts on the school of fish) but I still dislike the constant familiarity of the plot to the first film.

As a side note, the novelization of the movie (which was based on the original shooting script) is ridiculously good and would have made a hell of a better movie than what we got.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2015~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Since I noticed you've watched it (possibly for the first time since you mentioned you'd never seen it when I reviewed it a few years back) how about some thoughts on Jaws 2? Skimming through my review I find I still feel the same way as I did then. There's a lot to enjoy (woman pouring gas on herself, shark killing the helicopter, Brody going nuts on the school of fish) but I still dislike the constant familiarity of the plot to the first film.

As a side note, the novelization of the movie (which was based on the original shooting script) is ridiculously good and would have made a hell of a better movie than what we got.
    Yeah, it was the first time I had watched any of the Jaws sequels. I didn't hate it, but I didn't care for it much. A big part of the problem is that when watching Jaws, I love Hooper and Quint more than Brody. So losing the two I loved and keeping the one I was just okay with wasn't going to help anything. To make matters worse, not only was Brody unable to interact with Quint or Hooper, he wasn't able to have the same relationship he had with his sons in the original film. We lost out on such adorable scenes as when Brody's youngest son is imitating his father at the dinner table. Likewise, I can't say I care about any of the teen relationships.

The appeal of the movie had everything to do with the shark. Even though the shark at times looked pretty awful when we got a good look, the scenes were still the most fun in the entire film.

It's not a bad shark movie, but it's not a good one either. I'd compare it to The Shallows in that respect. Just a very average film that I can't say holds a candle to the good shark movies like Jaws, Bait 3D, Open Water, or The Reef.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah, it was the first time I had watched any of the Jaws sequels. I didn't hate it, but I didn't care for it much. A big part of the problem is that when watching Jaws, I love Hooper and Quint more than Brody. So losing the two I loved and keeping the one I was just okay with wasn't going to help anything. To make matters worse, not only was Brody unable to interact with Quint or Hooper, he wasn't able to have the same relationship he had with his sons in the original film. We lost out on such adorable scenes as when Brody's youngest son is imitating his father at the dinner table. Likewise, I can't say I care about any of the teen relationships.
    Quint was my favourite as well (I'm typing this while wearing a Quint's Shark Fishing t-shirt no less) and his loss definitely hurt the movie. Another problem was that Scheider had major issues on set since he didn't really want to make the sequel and ended up pissing everyone off. Perhaps that's why a lot of the actors seem more annoyed to be around him than anything else.

The appeal of the movie had everything to do with the shark. Even though the shark at times looked pretty awful when we got a good look, the scenes were still the most fun in the entire film.
    I actually liked the burnt shark look that it had after the woman set it (and herself of course) on fire. It kind of made it look a little more demonic than the one in the original, which in turn gave the film a sort of surreal feeling at times.

It's not a bad shark movie, but it's not a good one either. I'd compare it to The Shallows in that respect. Just a very average film that I can't say holds a candle to the good shark movies like Jaws, Bait 3D, Open Water, or The Reef.
    I definitely liked it more than The Shallows and probably Bait 3D as well but it doesn't have anything on the others mentioned. However, when compared to the two sequels that followed it, Jaws 2 comes across like a cinematic masterpiece. Personally, I can find a lot to enjoy about the ridiculous Jaws 3-D but none of it has to do with it being a good movie.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2015~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

People's Champion

Status

I love Jaws 2. I was in love with the annoying hot chick when i was younger. There were some great death scenes. Especially the one in front of Sean. Its bnot nearly as a good as Jaws 1. Im also a huge fan of Quint.

I enjoy most shark movies since its my favourite animal.

I have never seen the Reef though. Im going to check it out tonight.

Thread Information