Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112120121122
Results 2,421 to 2,437 of 2437

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For most people, I'd say go ahead and avoid, but considering you watch approx ten movies a day, go ahead and give it a watch before deleting.
    Hey man, I'm down to 3 lately.

EDIT: Actually, after doing some quick math I've discovered my average is 2.05 movies per day so far this year, so take that Mr. Exaggeration.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 04-23-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status

Are you aware of the recent trend in WWE cage matches in which officials literally just open the door for a competitor who approaches and asks them to? Was this a thing previously in any significant wrestling company? Did you think it was possible to make the cage match a WORSE stipulation? Is this, in fact, the dumbest thing in the history of professional wrestling?

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Are you aware of the recent trend in WWE cage matches in which officials literally just open the door for a competitor who approaches and asks them to? Was this a thing previously in any significant wrestling company? Did you think it was possible to make the cage match a WORSE stipulation? Is this, in fact, the dumbest thing in the history of professional wrestling?
    As in John Cena and Jimmy Uso are having a cage match, Jey Uso can walk down, politely ask the referee to unlock the door so he can walk into the cage and interfere?

If that's what's happening in the WWE nowadays, that's pretty fucking stupid. That's never been a thing in the past. Before, it was always the referee getting knocked out, allowing a heel to pickpocket the key or for a heel to take advantage of the door being open for a possible escape and rushing into the cage. I can't say I'm a fan of the WWE's general take on cage matches in recent years (Or "Recent" for me with how little I watch it) how cage matches used to mean there won't be any interference, but now guarantees that there will be.

Is there a recent example of this that I can watch. I am a bit curious as to how it comes across on TV.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I believe they're talking about competitors that are in the actual match asking the ref to open the door so that they can escape the cage and win the match.
    Last edited by BD22; 04-24-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    I believe he's talking about competitors that are in the actual match asking the ref to open the door so that they can escape the cage and win the match.
    I would be surprised if that's the case. Fracto isn't exactly new to wrestling and I'd imagine she'd know that escape only rules in cage matches isn't a new attraction.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Maybe because I only watch some PPV's now days but I've never seen someone who wants to interfere ask the ref to open the cage door. I could be wrong though.

While we're on this topic do you mind the "escape by door" stipulation in cage matches. It always takes me out of the match when someone begins to climb the cage or continue to inflict punishment on their opponent when it would take so little effort to just run out the door.
    Last edited by BD22; 04-24-2017 at 02:25 PM.

I'm cool. I think

Status

I believe they're talking about competitors that are in the actual match asking the ref to open the door so that they can escape the cage and win the match.
    Unfortunately she isn't. Take Lynch vs Bliss from January https://youtu.be/MIhZdsoyqfs?t=398

Mickie (Or La Luchadora) literally just walked into the cage without knocking out the referee. *Sigh*
    I have been reborn.

Status

While we're on this topic do you mind the "escape by door" stipulation in cage matches. It always takes me out of the match when someone begins to climb the cage or continue to inflict punishment on their opponent when it would take so little effort to just run out the door.
    For years I've always thought it was odd to choose to try and climb over when you can just go through the door. Same applies when it comes to trying to bring someone down from climbing instead of opting to sneak out of the door while they're busy. It's typically better when you're working an escape only rules match that you either have to climb over the top or only go through the door. The one person who managed to make this work was Bruno Sammartino. Bruno never wanted to look like a coward who ran off, so he'd only casually walk through the door after destroying his opponent. You could do something similar these days with someone like Braun Strowman vs James Ellsworth. Braun refusing to try and win until he's killed Ellsworth while Ellsworth is trying to escape through the door and over the top, anything to get away from this monster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reagmaster View Post
    Unfortunately she isn't. Take Lynch vs Bliss from January https://youtu.be/MIhZdsoyqfs?t=398

Mickie (Or La Luchadora) literally just walked into the cage without knocking out the referee. *Sigh*
    Hmm, that doesn't look so bad. We miss the show of when James climbed onto the ring apron, but the door wasn't locked and the referee was opening it a few times just before the spot occurred. Since the camera fails to capture Mickie's arrival, it's possible the referee just opened the door for a possible escape and James simply snuck in there without the referee paying attention.

It's still a weird scene, but it's not as bad as Mickie coming down to the ring and the alert referee just holding the door for her.

Simply Ravishing

Status
      Country                    Canada

5 favourite and 5 least favourite celebrity involvements in wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    5 favourite and 5 least favourite celebrity involvements in wrestling?
    I prefer celebs who are either athletes or at least look as if they can be a physical threat. Some random ones I've enjoyed include:

- Mr. T
    - Floyd Mayweather
    - Karl Malone
    - Lawrence Taylor
    - Kevin Greene

Ones I've disliked:

- David Arquette
    - Kevin Federline
    - Art Donovan (I don't care if he was just a commentator)
    - Pacman Jones (TNA hired a football player who legally could not get physically involved AND made him champion! )
    - Literally any musical act that does a concert in the middle of show, whether recently or in the past

Also throw a shout out to any celeb that hadn't been relevant for 10-15 years, but the WWE still brings out on Raw.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Have you seen any of Jon Stewart's WWE involvement? Not just getting involved in a title change, but just him as a performer was fucking terrible and incredibly awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Jon Stewart was so bad in those segments it turned him heel to Democrats.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    Have you seen any of Jon Stewart's WWE involvement? Not just getting involved in a title change, but just him as a performer was fucking terrible and incredibly awkward.
    I can't say that I have. I know of the appearances he was involved in, but considering how little WWE I've watched from recent years, I've managed to skip it all.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

On this Undertaker episode of Something to Wrestle With, Conrad joked about Taker and IRS being teamed together as Death & Taxes and Prichard said that that was actually tossed around as an idea at some point, whether he was joking or not idk and idc. Book Death & Taxes to have the longest WWF tag title reign OF ALL TIME BROTHER

Also, who manages them? Bearer? DiBiase? Bearer AND DiBiase?!?!

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Status

On this Undertaker episode of Something to Wrestle With, Conrad joked about Taker and IRS being teamed together as Death & Taxes and Prichard said that that was actually tossed around as an idea at some point, whether he was joking or not idk and idc. Book Death & Taxes to have the longest WWF tag title reign OF ALL TIME BROTHER

Also, who manages them? Bearer? DiBiase? Bearer AND DiBiase?!?!
    This came together extremely quickly. Other than having to figure out a way to extend it a few more months due to realizing I was a bit short of beating Demolition's title reign, I barely had to think before the next idea popped into my mind.

A bit of backstory before it begins:

- The Undertaker has gone missing after Royal Rumble 1994 when a group of heels helped Yokozuna defeat Taker in a casket match.

- IRS and The 1-2-3 Kid feud for several months with highlights including a match at Summerslam 1993, wrestling on opposite sides at Survivor Series 1993, and IRS continuing the feud with IRS trying and failing to beat Kid's buddy, Razor Ramon, for the IC Title at Royal Rumble 1994.

So now the BTB can begin with the set-up of the title win:

- Wrestlefest 1994 - The Headshrinkers def The 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles after interference from IRS behind the ref's back. The call would then be reversed when a second referee came out and told the first referee what happened.

- MSG January 1994 - The Quebecers def The 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles when IRS attempted to interfere, but Kid chased IRS to the back (Due to the memory of what IRS can do if he remains at ringside), leaving Jannetty to easily be pinned.

- March to Wrestlemania 10 - The 1-2-3 Kid, Marty Jannetty, and Bob Holly def IRS and The Headshrinkers when IRS attacked Jannetty with the steel briefcase. Jannetty would be injured at the hands of IRS, not to be seen again until 1995.

- Wrestlemania 10 - Team Kid (The 1-2-3 Kid, Bob Holly, Tatanka, and Smoking Gunns) def Team IRS (IRS, The Headshrinkers, Rick Martel, and Jeff Jarrett) after IRS missed Kid with the briefcase and accidentally hit Samu. Fatu sees this and attacks IRS. Martel and Jarrett tries to pull Fatu off of IRS, but Fatu and Samu would fight off Martel, Jarrett, and IRS before finally just leaving. The Headshrinkers turn face in the process. During all of this, Kid managed to roll up IRS to get the pinfall.

- Raw (May 2) - The Headshrinkers def The Quebecers (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles to a babyface reaction.

- Raw (May 9) - The 1-2-3 Kid def IRS in a King of the Ring Qualifying Match. After the match, Ted DiBiase arrives during IRS' exit with the two leaving together.

- Raw (May 16) - On an edition of the King's Court, Ted DiBiase officially announces the creation of the Million Dollar Corporation with IRS as the first member. DiBiase talks about how ever since he left the WWE last year, IRS had been struggling with The 1-2-3 Kid succeeding over him and The Headshrinkers even managing to win the tag titles after breaking away from IRS. Now that IRS is a member of the Million Dollar Corporation, DiBiase will spare no expense to ensure IRS becomes a success again. DiBiase challenges The Headshrinkers match for the WWE Tag Titles at King of the Ring and DiBiase has already forked over a lot of cash to buy IRS the best possible partner.

~Over the next few weeks, IRS wins a bunch of squash matches, showing some early success with DiBiase now in his corner~

- Countdown to the Crowning 1994 - IRS def Samu after Bam Bam Bigelow interferes with the reveal that Bigelow is now a member of the Million Dollar Corporation.

Razor Ramon, The 1-2-3 Kid, Mabel, and Tatanka vs Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Crush, and Jeff Jarrett in an eight man tag featuring the eight men involved in the KOTR tournament for the PPV also takes place.

- King of the Ring 1994 - Bam Bam Bigelow def The 1-2-3 Kid in the first round after interference from IRS

Razor Ramon def Bam Bam Bigelow in the semi-finals after The 1-2-3 Kid made the save for Razor when IRS came out to interfere again

IRS and ??? def The Headshrinkers to win the WWE Tag Titles. The biggest surprise of the entire PPV saw the return of the Undertaker as IRS paid partner and the official third member of the Million Dollar Corporation. This was practically a squash after IRS/Taker debuted their tag finisher - The Spike Tombstone, by first delivering it to Samu on the exposed floor on the outside and then to Fatu in the ring to pin Fatu. Samu is never seen on WWE TV again.

Record setting WWE Tag Titles reign:

- Raw (June 20) - On an edition of the King's Court, the Million Dollar Corporation are out for DiBiase to put over his new team of IRS and The Undertaker, officially dubbing them as Death & Taxes. DiBiase also begins talking about how he has enough money to get anyone to join the Million Dollar Corporation since everyone's got a price for the Million Dollar Man. DiBiase proved with the Undertaker and if DiBiase wishes, he could buy the likes of Jerry Lawler, Vince McMahon, the camera man or even *Shrugs* Lex Luger.

~Over the next few weeks, Death & Taxes picks up some squash wins while DiBiase's comments on Lex Luger seems to cause problems between Luger and his BFF, Tatanka. Luger swears he can't be bought, but Tatanka isn't believing it. The feud with IRS and The 1-2-3 Kid continues as well~

- Summerslam Spectacular 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly to retain the tag titles. The dreaded Spike Tombstone claims another victim as Holly is hit with the move early on, forcing the referee to premature end the match for a medical staff to check out Holly. Holly misses a few months of action.

At the end of the show, Razor Ramon makes the announcement that he'll be pulling double duty at Summerslam. First he will challenge Diesel for the IC Title and later in the night, he will be Holly's replacement in the rematch between Death & Taxes vs Kid/Holly.

- Summerslam 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The 1-2-3 Kid and Razor Ramon to retain the tag titles. Despite winning the IC Title earlier in the night, Razor didn't have the energy to help Kid win the tag titles here.

Tatanka def Lex Luger after Bam Bam Bigelow interfered with Tatanka being revealed as the fourth member of the Million Dollar Corporation in a big twist.

~As autumn begins, the Million Dollar Corporation racks up victories. King Kong Bundy returns to the WWE to become the fifth member of the Million Dollar Corporation. Sione (The Barbarian) returns to the WWE to become join Fatu as the New Headshrinkers. With the Headshrinkers back, the feud between Headshrinkers and Death & Taxes. The war between Lex Luger and the Million Dollar Corporation heats up with Luger slowly finding allies~

- Survivor Series Showdown 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The New Headshrinkers to retain the WWE Tag Titles.

- Survivor Series 1994 - The Million Dollar Corporation (Death & Taxes, Bam Bam Bigelow, Tatanka, and King Kong Bundy) def Team Luger (Luger, The New Headshrinkers, and Men on a Mission) with Tatanka being the sole survivor. Highlights included Mabel and The Undertaker being both counted out due to fighting on the outside. Luger ended up eliminating IRS, Bundy, and Bigelow on his own before Tatanka gave him a low blow and stole the victory.

~The Luger/Million Dollar Corporation feud continues with Luger finding some success after forming a friendship with The British Bulldog. A tag team titles program between Death & Taxes and Men on a Mission begins. After using the Spike Tombstone to rule the tag division, Death & Taxes are now in a position where they're battling someone who is physically too large to hit the Spike Tombstone on~

- Royal Rumble 1995 - Men on a Mission def Death & Taxes (c) by DQ after IRS nailed Mabel with a tag title after every attempt of picking up Mabel in the Spike Tombstone failed.

- March to Wrestlemania 11 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Bushwhackers to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Both Butch and Luke are given the Spike Tombstone to send both men out of the WWE forever.

Lex Luger def King Kong Bundy with Luger keeping the Torture Rack on Budny after the match, injuring Bundy and sending him out of the WWE.

- Wrestlemania 11 - Death & Taxes (c) def Men on a Mission to retain the WWE Tag Titles in the biggest spot of the year where The Undertaker managed to lift Mabel up for the Spike Tombstone.

The Allied Powers (Lex Luger and The British Bulldog) def Bam Bam Bigelow and Tatanka after Luger submits Tatanka with the Torture Rack until Tatanka is injured, leaving the WWE. After the match, DiBiase and Bigelow get involved in an argument over Bigelow failing at helping Tatanka. DiBiase loses his cool and slaps Bigelow. Bigelow turns face as he drops DiBiase with a headbutt.

~Post-Wrestlemania, all of the talk is on Lex Luger being responsible for nearly destroying the Million Dollar Corporation, injuring Bundy and Tatanka, and causing Bigelow and DiBiase to split up. All that's left on Luger's to-do list for ultimate revenge is to take the WWE Tag Titles~

- In Your House 1 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Allied Powers by DQ after Luger accidentally knocked Bulldog out with a flying forearm and opted to just grab a chair to leave Death & Taxes lying on the mat.

- King of the Ring 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Allied Powers to retain the WWE Tag Titles in a Philly Street Fight. After a miscommunication spot with Luger hitting Bulldog, Bulldog turned heel by attacking Luger and leaving him to return to the back. Death & Taxes uses chair shots and the steel steps to keep punishing Luger with Ted DiBiase always ordering Death & Taxes to further punish Luger instead of pinning him. Eventually, the Undertaker pinned Luger. After the match, DiBiase got into the ring and yelled at Undertaker for ending the match on his terms. DiBiase orders Taker to attack Luger again, but Taker refuses, seemingly having earned respect for Luger for all Luger has been through in the past nine months. DiBiase tries to offer Taker cash, but Taker shoves DiBiase on the mat and leaves. IRS is shown to be unsure of what to do, but opts to eventually go with his tag team partner.

~Death & Taxes are officially gone from the Million Dollar Corporation, but DiBiase reminds them that he still has control over their contracts, meaning he can sign them on to wrestle whenever he pleases. What follows are several months of DiBiase forcing Death & Taxes to defend the tag titles against anyone he makes a deal with~

- In Your House 2 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Blu Brothers to retain the tag titles in a match that DiBiase signed Death & Taxes up for.

- Summerslam Spectacular 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Heavenly Bodies to retain the tag titles. After the match, Jim Cornette leads Owen Hart and Yokozuna in an attack on Death & Taxes with the reveal that they will challenge the champions at Summerslam.

- Summerslam 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def Yokozuna and Owen Hart to retain the tag titles when Owen is pinned with the Spike Tombstone. After the match, The British Bulldog stares the champions down from the entrance way.

~The Death & Taxes and Camp Cornette program continues with The British Bulldog reminding Death & Taxes that they've never pinned him in their previous matches~

- In Your House 3 - Death & Taxes (c) def The British Bulldog and Yokozuna to retain the tag titles after the British Bulldog is finally pinned with the Spike Tombstone.

- In Your House 4 - Death & Taxes (c) def USWA Tag Team Champions PG-13 to retain the tag titles in a match that was practically a squash.

~In the aftermath of all of these failed attempts to take the tag titles away from Death & Taxes, DiBiase gives up. Instead, he will sign Death & Taxes up for one last tag titles defense at Survivor Series. If the champions win, DiBiase will give up his control over their contracts. Rather than allowing another heel manager talk his way into securing a tag titles shot from DiBiase, DiBiase decides to form a team of his own. All we know is that the team will be known as The Mega Bucks - the single biggest investment DiBiase has made into a tag team~

- Survivor Series Showdown 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def Skip and Rad Radford to retain the tag titles in a match. After the match, Death & Taxes are attacked by The Mega Bucks - Sycho Sid and Mabel.

- Survivor Series 1995 - The Mega Bucks def Death & Taxes (c) to win the tag titles after The Undertaker is pinned. During the match, DiBiase can be seen saying things to IRS for the majority of the time Taker was the face-in-peril. When IRS was tagged in, he turned heel on Taker, setting up a three-on-one beat down on The Undertaker. The Undertaker was eventually pinned after the Mega Bucks debut their finisher - a Sid power bomb with Mabel hitting a middle rope splash immediately. The commentators recognize that clearly DiBiase found IRS' price to once again be bought by The Million Dollar Man.

Total length of Death & Taxes WWE Tag Titles reign: 518 Days.

Previous record held by Demolition in 1988-1989: 478 Days.

Eventual record held by The New Day in 2015-2016: - 483 Days.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This came together extremely quickly. Other than having to figure out a way to extend it a few more months due to realizing I was a bit short of beating Demolition's title reign, I barely had to think before the next idea popped into my mind.

A bit of backstory before it begins:

- The Undertaker has gone missing after Royal Rumble 1994 when a group of heels helped Yokozuna defeat Taker in a casket match.

- IRS and The 1-2-3 Kid feud for several months with highlights including a match at Summerslam 1993, wrestling on opposite sides at Survivor Series 1993, and IRS continuing the feud with IRS trying and failing to beat Kid's buddy, Razor Ramon, for the IC Title at Royal Rumble 1994.

So now the BTB can begin with the set-up of the title win:

- Wrestlefest 1994 - The Headshrinkers def The 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles after interference from IRS behind the ref's back. The call would then be reversed when a second referee came out and told the first referee what happened.

- MSG January 1994 - The Quebecers def The 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles when IRS attempted to interfere, but Kid chased IRS to the back (Due to the memory of what IRS can do if he remains at ringside), leaving Jannetty to easily be pinned.

- March to Wrestlemania 10 - The 1-2-3 Kid, Marty Jannetty, and Bob Holly def IRS and The Headshrinkers when IRS attacked Jannetty with the steel briefcase. Jannetty would be injured at the hands of IRS, not to be seen again until 1995.

- Wrestlemania 10 - Team Kid (The 1-2-3 Kid, Bob Holly, Tatanka, and Smoking Gunns) def Team IRS (IRS, The Headshrinkers, Rick Martel, and Jeff Jarrett) after IRS missed Kid with the briefcase and accidentally hit Samu. Fatu sees this and attacks IRS. Martel and Jarrett tries to pull Fatu off of IRS, but Fatu and Samu would fight off Martel, Jarrett, and IRS before finally just leaving. The Headshrinkers turn face in the process. During all of this, Kid managed to roll up IRS to get the pinfall.

- Raw (May 2) - The Headshrinkers def The Quebecers (c) to win the WWE Tag Titles to a babyface reaction.

- Raw (May 9) - The 1-2-3 Kid def IRS in a King of the Ring Qualifying Match. After the match, Ted DiBiase arrives during IRS' exit with the two leaving together.

- Raw (May 16) - On an edition of the King's Court, Ted DiBiase officially announces the creation of the Million Dollar Corporation with IRS as the first member. DiBiase talks about how ever since he left the WWE last year, IRS had been struggling with The 1-2-3 Kid succeeding over him and The Headshrinkers even managing to win the tag titles after breaking away from IRS. Now that IRS is a member of the Million Dollar Corporation, DiBiase will spare no expense to ensure IRS becomes a success again. DiBiase challenges The Headshrinkers match for the WWE Tag Titles at King of the Ring and DiBiase has already forked over a lot of cash to buy IRS the best possible partner.

~Over the next few weeks, IRS wins a bunch of squash matches, showing some early success with DiBiase now in his corner~

- Countdown to the Crowning 1994 - IRS def Samu after Bam Bam Bigelow interferes with the reveal that Bigelow is now a member of the Million Dollar Corporation.

Razor Ramon, The 1-2-3 Kid, Mabel, and Tatanka vs Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Crush, and Jeff Jarrett in an eight man tag featuring the eight men involved in the KOTR tournament for the PPV also takes place.

- King of the Ring 1994 - Bam Bam Bigelow def The 1-2-3 Kid in the first round after interference from IRS

Razor Ramon def Bam Bam Bigelow in the semi-finals after The 1-2-3 Kid made the save for Razor when IRS came out to interfere again

IRS and ??? def The Headshrinkers to win the WWE Tag Titles. The biggest surprise of the entire PPV saw the return of the Undertaker as IRS paid partner and the official third member of the Million Dollar Corporation. This was practically a squash after IRS/Taker debuted their tag finisher - The Spike Tombstone, by first delivering it to Samu on the exposed floor on the outside and then to Fatu in the ring to pin Fatu. Samu is never seen on WWE TV again.

Record setting WWE Tag Titles reign:

- Raw (June 20) - On an edition of the King's Court, the Million Dollar Corporation are out for DiBiase to put over his new team of IRS and The Undertaker, officially dubbing them as Death & Taxes. DiBiase also begins talking about how he has enough money to get anyone to join the Million Dollar Corporation since everyone's got a price for the Million Dollar Man. DiBiase proved with the Undertaker and if DiBiase wishes, he could buy the likes of Jerry Lawler, Vince McMahon, the camera man or even *Shrugs* Lex Luger.

~Over the next few weeks, Death & Taxes picks up some squash wins while DiBiase's comments on Lex Luger seems to cause problems between Luger and his BFF, Tatanka. Luger swears he can't be bought, but Tatanka isn't believing it. The feud with IRS and The 1-2-3 Kid continues as well~

- Summerslam Spectacular 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly to retain the tag titles. The dreaded Spike Tombstone claims another victim as Holly is hit with the move early on, forcing the referee to premature end the match for a medical staff to check out Holly. Holly misses a few months of action.

At the end of the show, Razor Ramon makes the announcement that he'll be pulling double duty at Summerslam. First he will challenge Diesel for the IC Title and later in the night, he will be Holly's replacement in the rematch between Death & Taxes vs Kid/Holly.

- Summerslam 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The 1-2-3 Kid and Razor Ramon to retain the tag titles. Despite winning the IC Title earlier in the night, Razor didn't have the energy to help Kid win the tag titles here.

Tatanka def Lex Luger after Bam Bam Bigelow interfered with Tatanka being revealed as the fourth member of the Million Dollar Corporation in a big twist.

~As autumn begins, the Million Dollar Corporation racks up victories. King Kong Bundy returns to the WWE to become the fifth member of the Million Dollar Corporation. Sione (The Barbarian) returns to the WWE to become join Fatu as the New Headshrinkers. With the Headshrinkers back, the feud between Headshrinkers and Death & Taxes. The war between Lex Luger and the Million Dollar Corporation heats up with Luger slowly finding allies~

- Survivor Series Showdown 1994 - Death & Taxes (c) def The New Headshrinkers to retain the WWE Tag Titles.

- Survivor Series 1994 - The Million Dollar Corporation (Death & Taxes, Bam Bam Bigelow, Tatanka, and King Kong Bundy) def Team Luger (Luger, The New Headshrinkers, and Men on a Mission) with Tatanka being the sole survivor. Highlights included Mabel and The Undertaker being both counted out due to fighting on the outside. Luger ended up eliminating IRS, Bundy, and Bigelow on his own before Tatanka gave him a low blow and stole the victory.

~The Luger/Million Dollar Corporation feud continues with Luger finding some success after forming a friendship with The British Bulldog. A tag team titles program between Death & Taxes and Men on a Mission begins. After using the Spike Tombstone to rule the tag division, Death & Taxes are now in a position where they're battling someone who is physically too large to hit the Spike Tombstone on~

- Royal Rumble 1995 - Men on a Mission def Death & Taxes (c) by DQ after IRS nailed Mabel with a tag title after every attempt of picking up Mabel in the Spike Tombstone failed.

- March to Wrestlemania 11 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Bushwhackers to retain the WWE Tag Titles. Both Butch and Luke are given the Spike Tombstone to send both men out of the WWE forever.

Lex Luger def King Kong Bundy with Luger keeping the Torture Rack on Budny after the match, injuring Bundy and sending him out of the WWE.

- Wrestlemania 11 - Death & Taxes (c) def Men on a Mission to retain the WWE Tag Titles in the biggest spot of the year where The Undertaker managed to lift Mabel up for the Spike Tombstone.

The Allied Powers (Lex Luger and The British Bulldog) def Bam Bam Bigelow and Tatanka after Luger submits Tatanka with the Torture Rack until Tatanka is injured, leaving the WWE. After the match, DiBiase and Bigelow get involved in an argument over Bigelow failing at helping Tatanka. DiBiase loses his cool and slaps Bigelow. Bigelow turns face as he drops DiBiase with a headbutt.

~Post-Wrestlemania, all of the talk is on Lex Luger being responsible for nearly destroying the Million Dollar Corporation, injuring Bundy and Tatanka, and causing Bigelow and DiBiase to split up. All that's left on Luger's to-do list for ultimate revenge is to take the WWE Tag Titles~

- In Your House 1 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Allied Powers by DQ after Luger accidentally knocked Bulldog out with a flying forearm and opted to just grab a chair to leave Death & Taxes lying on the mat.

- King of the Ring 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Allied Powers to retain the WWE Tag Titles in a Philly Street Fight. After a miscommunication spot with Luger hitting Bulldog, Bulldog turned heel by attacking Luger and leaving him to return to the back. Death & Taxes uses chair shots and the steel steps to keep punishing Luger with Ted DiBiase always ordering Death & Taxes to further punish Luger instead of pinning him. Eventually, the Undertaker pinned Luger. After the match, DiBiase got into the ring and yelled at Undertaker for ending the match on his terms. DiBiase orders Taker to attack Luger again, but Taker refuses, seemingly having earned respect for Luger for all Luger has been through in the past nine months. DiBiase tries to offer Taker cash, but Taker shoves DiBiase on the mat and leaves. IRS is shown to be unsure of what to do, but opts to eventually go with his tag team partner.

~Death & Taxes are officially gone from the Million Dollar Corporation, but DiBiase reminds them that he still has control over their contracts, meaning he can sign them on to wrestle whenever he pleases. What follows are several months of DiBiase forcing Death & Taxes to defend the tag titles against anyone he makes a deal with~

- In Your House 2 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Blu Brothers to retain the tag titles in a match that DiBiase signed Death & Taxes up for.

- Summerslam Spectacular 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def The Heavenly Bodies to retain the tag titles. After the match, Jim Cornette leads Owen Hart and Yokozuna in an attack on Death & Taxes with the reveal that they will challenge the champions at Summerslam.

- Summerslam 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def Yokozuna and Owen Hart to retain the tag titles when Owen is pinned with the Spike Tombstone. After the match, The British Bulldog stares the champions down from the entrance way.

~The Death & Taxes and Camp Cornette program continues with The British Bulldog reminding Death & Taxes that they've never pinned him in their previous matches~

- In Your House 3 - Death & Taxes (c) def The British Bulldog and Yokozuna to retain the tag titles after the British Bulldog is finally pinned with the Spike Tombstone.

- In Your House 4 - Death & Taxes (c) def USWA Tag Team Champions PG-13 to retain the tag titles in a match that was practically a squash.

~In the aftermath of all of these failed attempts to take the tag titles away from Death & Taxes, DiBiase gives up. Instead, he will sign Death & Taxes up for one last tag titles defense at Survivor Series. If the champions win, DiBiase will give up his control over their contracts. Rather than allowing another heel manager talk his way into securing a tag titles shot from DiBiase, DiBiase decides to form a team of his own. All we know is that the team will be known as The Mega Bucks - the single biggest investment DiBiase has made into a tag team~

- Survivor Series Showdown 1995 - Death & Taxes (c) def Skip and Rad Radford to retain the tag titles in a match. After the match, Death & Taxes are attacked by The Mega Bucks - Sycho Sid and Mabel.

- Survivor Series 1995 - The Mega Bucks def Death & Taxes (c) to win the tag titles after The Undertaker is pinned. During the match, DiBiase can be seen saying things to IRS for the majority of the time Taker was the face-in-peril. When IRS was tagged in, he turned heel on Taker, setting up a three-on-one beat down on The Undertaker. The Undertaker was eventually pinned after the Mega Bucks debut their finisher - a Sid power bomb with Mabel hitting a middle rope splash immediately. The commentators recognize that clearly DiBiase found IRS' price to once again be bought by The Million Dollar Man.

Total length of Death & Taxes WWE Tag Titles reign: 518 Days.

Previous record held by Demolition in 1988-1989: 478 Days.

Eventual record held by The New Day in 2015-2016: - 483 Days.
    I digs this. What were the SummerSlam Spectaculars and Survivor Series Showdowns? Were they pre shows or like a go home show of sorts?

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Status

I digs this. What were the SummerSlam Spectaculars and Survivor Series Showdowns? Were they pre shows or like a go home show of sorts?
    Prior to the Raw era, the WWE would take the final episode of Primetime Wrestling before a PPV and give it a fancy name to give it one hard push to bring in last minute buys for the upcoming PPV. These USA Network specials sometimes had different names each year and in some cases, had multiple names so that even to this day, I'm not 100% sure what they were called each particular year. This continued into the early years of Raw, sometimes airing in place of Raw, other times on the Sunday before a PPV, before the WWE just decided that using regular Raws to promote PPVs were good enough in 1995. If you look at the WWE Network, you can actually see some gaps in Raw where an USA Network took place instead. For example, the June 13, 1994 episode of Raw isn't there. What did air on that night was a special called Countdown to the Crowning. Same thing goes for the missing March 13, 1994 episode of Raw, when instead there was a March to Wrestlemania 10 special. A match I've often pimped out, the Steiner Brothers vs Money Inc in a cage match took place at one of these specials called Summerslam Spectacular 1993. Again, that took place on a Monday that happens to be missing from the WWE Network. I've yet to find any Royal Rumble specials, which I find a bit odd since they even got in a King of the Ring special. Out of all of the specials, the one that was the most fun in concept was Survivor Series Showdown. Back in the days where a Survivor Series was loaded with elimination matches, a Survivor Series Showdown would have singles matches from all of the elimination matches with a member from each team randomly drawn to wrestle someone on the other side. If this happened in 2016, a Survivor Series Showdown 2016 may have included *Looks up the card for Survivor Series 2016* Sasha Banks (Team Raw) vs Alexa Bliss (Team Smackdown), Big E (Team Raw) vs Jimmy Uso (Team Smackdown), and Braun Strowman (Team Raw) vs Shane McMahon (Team Smackdown).

To the best of my knowledge, here are the USA Network Specials I'm aware of:

Survivor Series Showdown 1989 - Ultimate Warrior vs Tully Blanchard
    The Ultimate Challenge - The Colossal Connection (c) vs The Rockers - WWE Tag Titles
    Summerslam Fever - Earthquake vs Jim Duggan
    Survivor Series Showdown 1990 - Earthquake vs The Big Boss Man
    March to Wrestlemania 7/Stars & Stripes Forever/Road to Wrestlemania (Seriously, like 50 different names) - Shawn Michaels vs Mr. Perfect
    Summerslam Spectacular 1991 - Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter
    Survivor Series Showdown 1991 - Virgil (c) vs Ted DiBiase - Million Dollar Title (DiBiase wins it back)
    March to Wrestlemania 8 - Roddy Piper vs Shawn Michaels
    Summerslam Spectacular 1992 - The Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage vs The Nasty Boys
    Survivor Series Showdown 1992 - Earthquake vs IRS
    March to Wrestlemania 9 - Randy Savage vs Yokozuna
    Summerslam Spectacular 1993 - The Steiner Brothers (c) vs Money Inc - Cage Match - WWE Tag Titles
    Survivor Series Showdown 1993 - Yokozuna (c) vs Bret Hart - WWE World Title (Featured on Bret's Dungeon Blu-Ray)
    March to Wrestlemania 10 - Bret Hart vs Crush
    Countdown to a Crowning - The Headshrinkers (c) vs The Quebecers - WWE Tag Titles
    Sunday Night Slam (Aug 1994) - Diesel vs Typhoon
    Sunday Night Slam (Nov 1994) - The British Bulldog vs Owen Hart

Since the WWE Network has been back at uploading Primetime Wrestling, I would be curious if they include these specials once they reach November 1989 or if they will choose to skip over them like they do on Raw. Although some of these specials didn't offer much in way of importance, there were some big matches over the years.

Thread Information