Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111119120121122 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2437

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Quote Originally Posted by strange brew View Post
    I'll admit that New Japan has gained ground with the Western audience but I look at the attendance numbers for the Tokyo Dome shows, and they have dropped considerably from the 90s. And that's supposed to be New Japan's biggest show.
    But that's not fair. Yes, New Japan was doing better in the 90's, but then again, so was the WWE. The big thing is that NJPW has recovered after a really rough period in the early 2000's with Inoki and his hard on for mixing wrestling and MMA and New Japan's slow struggle to try and become popular again. NJPW is clearly in a much better spot now then they were a decade ago.

You mentioned that the #1 company has to lead the charge, and if anything, WWF has led from behind taking ideas and talent from ECW and WCW. I brought up those boom periods in mind that they would force WWE to up their game. And even though I enjoy indy wrestling, I'm coming around that you need that larger than life figure to sell your company to a wide audience, especially if it is a nationwide company. When people see that main event, they want to actually believe that they are hurting each other.
    The Monday Night Wars wasn't led by the WWE though. I give WCW full credit for being responsible for creating that wrestling boom that allowed the WWE to eventually get eyes back on their product due to all of the crazy amount of casual fans WCW had created. We've seen from experience that even if a smaller company has a period where they're putting on fantastic shows, it doesn't mean the company will actually be successful or create a boom period. That's all on the #1 company.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Do you think that if you watch a foreign company (example: NJPW) then it might be difficult for you to fully grasp some booking decisions/characters and truly appreciate it if you're not familiar with the culture and whatnot? Also, do you think that if you watched something like NJPW with no prior American wrestling viewing then you would find your opinion on some things changing completely? I'm not sure that's the best way to word it but I've been slowly thinking about how when I started to watch NJPW, I would kind of take the psychology, kayfabe and all the other stuff I'd learned from WWE and apply it... and I've slowly but surely changed and realised it just doesn't work like that. They're both wrestling products but they just can't be compared because the kayfabe, psychology, booking philosophy and just..well... almost everything is different. But I guess why I ask this is because of how NJPW is starting to appeal to Western fans -- but is still very clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience and I feel like both sets of crowds will want different things. It doesn't feel like a good thing to me.
    Not necessarily, at least as a Westerner watching New Japan. It does take time to get used to NJPW, as it does with any company though. Just as you learn what are the big moves from specific wrestlers, you also learn what are and are not big moves over in Japan. As a Westerner, I'd say the biggest changes are lariats are more important and Tombstones are less important.

I'd say Lucha Libre would be a better example of an entirely different style that is naturally difficult for some fans of American wrestling to be able to get absorbed in. I know I haven't fully appreciated any Lucha Libre I've seen. Even if you check out my WCW Monday Night Era reviews, you'll see me often criticizing the six man and eight man Lucha tags due to the lack of story/selling and non stop mindless action.

An example being Hirooki Goto. He seems to be well liked and popular amongst Western fans but he seems to be considered utterly boring by the Japanese. Western fans might get pissed he isn't pushed to the moon or given any sort of serious run and be totally annoyed with the product... but... would they be right to blame NJPW for that since NJPW would be making a booking decision that wouldn't sit well with the Japanese audience? It's all personal preference obviously. I guess, to me, it just seems that if you're gonna watch a product that's foreign then you might need to understand why some things are different or work out that way. I'm not saying people should learn about the culture or how the business works in different cultures or anything but it seems that a lot of gripes people may have can be perfectly explained away using some knowledge. Or do you think I'm just completely wrong with that opinion? Perhaps it's because someone Western might look at Goto and think he kills it in the ring yet doesn't get the push he deserves whilst Japanese people might not like his personality/promo skills or whatever (it doesn't seem like they took to him as the Nak's successor to the Intercontinental title). Perhaps it depends what you focus on and what you think should be rewarded but it seems that the language/cultural barrier might prevent people from getting into specific storylines or characters or perhaps missing the point a little. I imagine NJPW isn't a great example to use as storylines are fairly simple but promos might get lost on people - if you can't understand the language then how do you know who's good at promoing and who isn't? Another example would be Kenny Omega - he seems quite polarising amongst the Western fanbase but he's over as fuck in Japan and I feel that is because he portrays a character that is aimed to please the Japanese audience (the overly cheesy animated gaijin villain) that might not translate well enough. His promos might be considered cheesy and lame by some Western fans but he promos like that to get over with the Japanese audience.
    Where's Zero when you need him? I imagine he has a couple of Japanese wrestling fans locked in his basement.

I'm not aware if Japanese fans are not high on Goto. From my understanding of hearing fans opinions over New Japan since 2011-2012, it's less that Westerns are demanding that Goto becomes the Ace of the company as much as it's just a desire to see him at least be given an IWGP Title reign. It isn't as if Goto is someone who is buried in New Japan either. For years he's been in that Kane position of being someone who is more of a midcarder, but you can give him an IWGP Title shot at any B-Show and it'd be believable. Some of Goto's lack of World Title success can be attributed to simply the bad luck of being around during Tanahashi's prime and now Okada's prime. Let's say TNA signed Tanahashi following his Final Destination 2006 match against AJ Styles and he'd remain with TNA for a decade. I think it's a safe bet that Goto would have been an IWGP Champion. The same exact thing applies to Westerners with WWE with Roddy Piper, Ted DiBiase, or Rick Rude. It's also not as if Goto was the only one kept from the title due to the total death hold that Tanahashi and Okada have had over the IWGP Title. Besides just establishing the IWGP IC Title, I'd imagine one of the reasons why Nakamura dominated the IC Title is because he couldn't get the IWGP title in the 2010's.

Sometimes it's just a matter of figuring out how to get someone over. Naito is an example of that. People weren't into his push into a Tokyo Dome title shot, but once he heeled it up and started Los Ingobernables, fans were back on his side.

It also depends on how the product is presented too, of course, as a lot of people tend to have differing opinions on what they enjoy. What do you enjoy? I really enjoy my wrestling being presented as a pseudo sport - it makes everything simpler and storylines not extremely convoluted. I guess I use it as an excuse to look past some booking issues at times too. People would get pissed if a belt is hotshotted in WWE cause they're all clued in to how booking works and how the company functions etc. But couldn't you actually turn around and say that hotshotting isn't detrimental on the basis that if the product is being presented as a pseudo sport in the same vein as, say, MMA? Some people win a belt in MMA then lose it in their next fight. It happens. Nature of the beast when in a sporting contest. Obviously for wrestling you have to buy into the kayfabe of it all - but a pseudo sport kayfabe is really not difficult to get into. Especially if it's not so obviously broken constantly that you can't really immerse yourself in the universe.

So my questions are basically
    Fuck, the questions hadn't begun yet? Damn.

- Do you think that if you watched a promotion, say NJPW, as your first wrestling experience then your opinion on things would differ greatly compared to having prior experience with other companies such as WWE? And do you think that having prior viewing experience of a different company could, infact, negatively impact your understanding and enjoyment of a different product because you apply WWE logic etc to it?
    See above.

- Do you think that if you watch a foreign promotion then it may be better to get slightly clued up or seek information on certain things to fully understand it -- or is wrestling just wrestling and you don't need to know specific things if all you're interested in is the matches and not promos etc?
    I mean, wouldn't you look up some info if you wanted to start watching CHIKARA for the first time?

- Do you enjoy your wrestling presented as a pseudo sport that's competitive and fits the mould of say Tennis or MMA like NJPW or would you prefer something more akin to WWE?
    I suppose I enjoy more serious wrestling, but then again, I watch a lot of 80's WWE.

- Does a pseudo sport presentation/approach kind of help explain away some criticisms you'd have of booking or storylines or matches if it were taking place in WWE instead?
    I'd argue that if you watch WWE with a sports mindset, you're going to have more issues since a guy like Jinder Mahal, who hasn't won a match since 2009, was suddenly in a #1 contender's match for a PPV World Title shot.

and further question:
    Oh god, did I answer this one too? I really should read replies first before answering questions.

- What do you think about match criticisms such as length and selling? I find that complaining about match length is weird because, in kayfabe, wrestlers have no idea how long they are going to go. People say you can shave 5-10 minutes off but they can only say that in hindsight and with the knowledge that it is worked and I don't believe you should watch wrestling with the "it's worked" mindset. I can understand matches getting boring and stuff. I guess it's a case of kayfabe vs nonkayfabe.
    Complaining about match lengths is completely fair. Length plays a big role in whether or not a match is fun. Your stance is essentially is designed to eliminate all workrate criticisms in general, which is just sorta impossible to do in this day and age. It's not as if the WWE lives and dies by trying to keep kayfabe, why should the fans?

As for selling - do you think selling is a massive deal? I think for certain matches/stories it is but I also think that it's way too overblown. I don't complain about selling all that much. The only time I've really been pissed about it was the Hell in a Cell with Sasha vs Charlotte and that's due to a stretcher spot being involved at the very start of the match. Just found it ridiculous. But if someone doesn't require a stretcher to be carried out of a match at any point then surely they are able to fight through the pain and land specific moves - even if their body part is damaged. I guess really what I'm asking is what should a match really be critiqued on? The story being told? The slickness of the moves pulled off? Do you think it should be judged totally in kayfabe or a mixture of both kayfabe and nonkayfabe?
    I care about selling. Even when it's not a huge deal that the selling stops, it's still eliminating an aspect of the match that would have made it better. If you're going to have a moment where a limb gets hurt, what's even the point of it if you then ignore it?

As far as what matters in wrestling, everything does. Look at the greatest matches of all time, it's not just one great aspect about it. It's multiple things all connecting to create a wonderful picture.

If you're just looking at things in a pure kayfabe perspective, what all can you judge a match on? Whether or not your guy wins?

Lastly,
    I wonder if I answered this question yet. *Insert thinking smilie*

who better than Kanyon?
    Virtually everyone. Kanyon was such an average wrestler who stood out because he had a hard on for creating convoluted moves, some of which were so complicated that they looked like shit when he hit them. The strongest aspect of Kanyon had nothing to do with what he did in the ring, but rather his ability for comedy.

[Blank Space]

Status

Currently watching some 2002 Smackdown, just getting to the end of the tournament to crown the first holders of the new tag straps.

What's your favourite instance where the first holder of a new championship was crowned? Can be an entire tournament, one match/moment, etc.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Currently watching some 2002 Smackdown, just getting to the end of the tournament to crown the first holders of the new tag straps.

What's your favourite instance where the first holder of a new championship was crowned? Can be an entire tournament, one match/moment, etc.
    I'd say most of the time, the crowning of a first time champion tends not to be really memorable due to how routine it feels. It's typically just an uneventful tournament without much to remember in hindsight. The Smackdown 2002 tournament worked out well since it at least ended in a finals that was a WWE MOTYC. Same thing can be said about the launch of the European Title in 1997 with Owen Hart vs British Bulldog.

I'm actually struggling to think of any other truly memorable first title wins.

*Edit*

One I did miss was Eddie Kingston becoming the first ever CHIKARA Grand Champion. CHIKARA went all out to crown their first proper singles champion. It dominated all of 2011, both in the lead up for the first half of the year and the actual tournament in the second half. It all concluded with the crowning of the first champion on CHIKARA's first ever iPPV (Do they even still run iPPV's?) in a MOTYC. Add in the extra significance of making it all a giant tribute to Larry Sweeney and you had something very special. Whether you're a fan of CHIKARA or not, CHIKARA went out there and completely outclassed every other wrestling promotion with their handling of creating a new championship.
    Last edited by Jim; 04-22-2017 at 09:58 AM.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Bit of a common thing in BTB this is; If you were given the book of a startup company, how would you book the first show, and how would you crown a new 'world' champion?

Still Kicking It

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'd say most of the time, the crowning of a first time champion tends not to be really memorable due to how routine it feels. It's typically just an uneventful tournament without much to remember in hindsight. The Smackdown 2002 tournament worked out well since it at least ended in a finals that was a WWE MOTYC. Same thing can be said about the launch of the European Title in 1997 with Owen Hart vs British Bulldog.

I'm actually struggling to think of any other truly memorable first title wins.

*Edit*

One I did miss was Eddie Kingston becoming the first ever CHIKARA Grand Champion. CHIKARA went all out to crown their first proper singles champion. It dominated all of 2011, both in the lead up for the first half of the year and the actual tournament in the second half. It all concluded with the crowning of the first champion on CHIKARA's first ever iPPV (Do they even still run iPPV's?) in a MOTYC. Add in the extra significance of making it all a giant tribute to Larry Sweeney and you had something very special. Whether you're a fan of CHIKARA or not, CHIKARA went out there and completely outclassed every other wrestling promotion with their handling of creating a new championship.
    Even as a guy who didn't watch much Chikara, Kingston winning the title felt like a great moment and I latched onto Kingston's babyface promo about struggling growing up and struggling to make a name for himself in the business. The show where the match took place, High Noon, felt like a WrestleMania level show. Jim, you seem high on Kingston winning the title. Would you consider it as euphoric as most fans consider Austin winning the title at Mania 14 or Hogan winning the title for the first time?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Bit of a common thing in BTB this is; If you were given the book of a startup company, how would you book the first show, and how would you crown a new 'world' champion?
    I'll start with the crowning of the first champion question since that's easier. I'm not a fan of the idea of instantly crowning a first champion on the very first show of any promotion. It's too soon. You're trying to force something that should be important, but doesn't have any real value since it's the first show. Going at least a couple of months without a champion would be ideal since in that time, you're establishing characters, setting up conflicts, and allowing for people to give a damn about your company. Then, depending on whether you're booking a weekly TV show company or an indie style live events only, you're going to build up to a major show where a first champion can be crowned. How the first champion is crowned doesn't truly matter. Maybe it's a tournament? Battle royal? One match with a handful of significant guys? The important thing is that since it's been a couple months worth of shows, you're not going to automatically have everyone included, only the top guys, and you'll be able to have some storyline implications too. I do like the idea of crowning the champion in a four-way elimination match to keep things a bit uncertain and allow for a heel turn once a babyface is eliminated early before they return to screw over another wrestler.

As far as how I'd book the first show, it'd mostly just be a showcase event. Obviously, you know who you're going to give pushes to, so you take a few of the intended pushes and give them TV time if you're booking a company with a weekly TV show. 1-2 of the pushes should be a video package only, possibly promoting the debut the following week. The main event should be a quality match between a main eventer and a wrestler that will be revealed as being a perfectly serviceable midcarder. A future main eventer can have a squash early on. You can have a competitive match against a couple of equals, whether lowcarders or midcarders in the opening match. You don't have to have any angles actually happen, but a couple angles should be established so you can play off of them in the future. Perhaps something like having a manager come out to watch a tag match, which will eventually lead to a member of a tag team turning heel on his partner, to receive a heel push with the manager now representing him in the future.

That's likely as much as I can say without actually creating a BTB.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

That Grand Championship tournament was probably the last great thing CHIKARA did and then it was kind of downhill from there. GEKIDO and more invasion angles, Vin Gerard leaving the company, injuries to key people, the Wrestling Is territories popping up.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Still Kicking It

Status

Please Delete
    Last edited by strange brew; 04-22-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by strange brew View Post
    Even as a guy who didn't watch much Chikara, Kingston winning the title felt like a great moment and I latched onto Kingston's babyface promo about struggling growing up and struggling to make a name for himself in the business. The show where the match took place, High Noon, felt like a WrestleMania level show. Jim, you seem high on Kingston winning the title. Would you consider it as euphoric as most fans consider Austin winning the title at Mania 14 or Hogan winning the title for the first time?
    Although I have the whole grumpy old man act down pretty well, I wasn't around for Hogan's first championship win so I can't really say I know how others felt when he beat Sheik. It's hard to compare Kingston's win to Austin's or Hogan's when the latter two were such huge deals. Although the start of the Rock 'n' Wrestling Era began a good six or so months after Hogan's win, the two WWE Title wins went hand in hand with a WWE boom period. Kingston winning was just a great moment for some small indie company. It was a fucking amazing moment for Kingston, but I imagine most are like me where the build and the win are so much more memorable than what Kingston actually did with the title. Let's just keep things fair and realistic and say that Kingston's win was one of the best feel good moments for indie wrestling without trying to compare it to literally something that altered wrestling in general like Hogan or Austin's title wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    That Grand Championship tournament was probably the last great thing CHIKARA did and then it was kind of downhill from there. GEKIDO and more invasion angles, Vin Gerard leaving the company, injuries to key people, the Wrestling Is territories popping up.
    I was already emotionally checked out of CHIKARA by time 2011 came around, but the story of this Kingston/Quack match sucked me into watching it. I don't know when the decline of popularity with CHIKARA began, since I'm fully under the assumption that I moved away from them sooner than others, but it didn't seem as if CHIKARA has been the same ever since quitting for a year. But hey, CHIKARA in 2009 and the whole reveal of the BDK? Awesome stuff.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I feel like you wont answer this but ill try anyways. Picking any 2002 or later year, create an indy and book its first 12 months (or at least the more foundational matches) with a minimum of 12 events and limited by whoever is available during the time that youre booking it (in regards to exclusive contracts and major injuries and such).

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The BDK reveal is still one of my favorite surprises in wrestling. I remember audibly gasping at Claudio uppercutting Quack and the whole segment being chaotic and great. Great payoff to an arguably hokey, unique, long storyline.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    I feel like you wont answer this but ill try anyways. Picking any 2002 or later year, create an indy and book its first 12 months (or at least the more foundational matches) with a minimum of 12 events and limited by whoever is available during the time that youre booking it (in regards to exclusive contracts and major injuries and such).
    Okay, since you're expecting me to refuse to do this (which I'm sorta okay with that ), I'll be willing to do this, but you're going to have to help out. You're going to tell me which year and pick half of the roster for me. Let's say the core roster will be 24 wrestlers, so you need to come up with 12 guys.

That's the only way I'm going to answer this question because you're basically just asking me to do a proper BTB and that's a shit load of work.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

After I saw your BKO gif in the general WWE thread I started to wonder about the Cowboy.

What are your fav 5 Bob Orton matches and general opinion of him as a worker?

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Last Real Man Hype

Status

What was the deal with CHIKARA's year off anyway? All I ever heard were vague rumours about Quack's ex-wife being the real owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    What was the deal with CHIKARA's year off anyway? All I ever heard were vague rumours about Quack's ex-wife being the real owner?
    Yeah, rumors about Quack and Saturyne hooking up and Quack's wife finding out and because she co-owned it, it was apparently put on hiatus while she filed for divorced.

If you ever want to see a promoter obviously try to play people and expose themselves more than help themselves, I would highly recommend Quack's episode of The Art of Wrestling when CHIKARA was coming back from hiatus. That episode had a huge part in me kind of having a falling out with Quack as a person (that and Wrestling Is). Everything he says in it sounds so manufactured and gross.
    -------
    -------

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quackenbush has banged Hania the Howling Huntress?

Put some respeck on his name, Nicky.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Okay, since you're expecting me to refuse to do this (which I'm sorta okay with that ), I'll be willing to do this, but you're going to have to help out. You're going to tell me which year and pick half of the roster for me. Let's say the core roster will be 24 wrestlers, so you need to come up with 12 guys.

That's the only way I'm going to answer this question because you're basically just asking me to do a proper BTB and that's a shit load of work.

1. Brodie Lee
    2. Claudio Castagnoli
    3. Chris Hero
    4. Jon Moxley
    5. Kazuchika Okada (he ends up heading to your company instead of TNA)
    6. Kenny Omega
    7. Kota Ibushi
    8. Kyle O'Reilly
    9. Ricochet
    10. Roderick Strong
    11. Sami Callihan
    12. Zack Sabre Jr.

As a bonus, it would be cool if you used Bryan Danielson between June to October 2010.

Hopefully that's a decent enough variety

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Quackenbush has banged Hania the Howling Huntress?

Put some respeck on his name, Nicky.
    Haha, I was pretty surprised when I first heard the rumor tbh. I imagine she's better at sex than she is at wrestling because she was pretty dirt poor at wrestling and usually my least favorite parts of the 2012 Chikara shows.
    -------
    -------

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

So I just downloaded The Dark Tapes and subsequently noticed your glowing 2.5/10 rating. Should I just delete it and move on with my life or is there something, anything, worth watching in it?

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    After I saw your BKO gif in the general WWE thread I started to wonder about the Cowboy.

What are your fav 5 Bob Orton matches and general opinion of him as a worker?
    Truthfully, I haven't watch much quality from Bob Orton. He was never much in the spotlight, so it was far more common for me to watch Orton involved in being at ringside for a Piper match than actually seeing him wrestle. I imagine I can easily give you a star rating of every Orton match that I've reviewed:

- vs Joel Deaton - MACW 7/13/83 - SQUASH
    - w/Dick Slater vs Wahoo McDaniel and Mark Youngblood - Starrcade 1983 - ** 1/2
    - vs Hulk Hogan - SNME 1 - * 1/2
    - vs Ricky Steamboat - Capital Centre 7/20/85 - *** 1/2
    - vs Paul Orndorff - The Wrestling Classic - ** 1/2
    - w/Roddy Piper and Jesse Ventura vs Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer and Cousin Luke - SNME 4 - ** 3/4
    - vs Mr. T - Boxing Contest - SNME 5 - N/R
    - vs Roddy Piper - SNME 8 - **
    - w/Don Muraco vs The Can-Am Connection - Wrestlemania 3 - ** 1/2
    - vs Dick Murdoch - Clash of the Champions 6 - ** 1/2
    - vs Dick Murdoch - Wrestle War 1989 - ** 3/4
    - w/Randy Orton vs The Undertaker - No Mercy 2005 - *** 1/4

And I think that's it. So there's not much to go on and it's not as if any of them were stand out matches. Obviously, the Steamboat match is the best, but it's Ricky f'n Dragon, so it's not a good guage for whether or not Orton was good when he's against one of the best ever. He was a fun personality, but I can't say I thought he was anything more than an average, at best, worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post

1. Brodie Lee
    2. Claudio Castagnoli
    3. Chris Hero
    4. Jon Moxley
    5. Kazuchika Okada (he ends up heading to your company instead of TNA)
    6. Kenny Omega
    7. Kota Ibushi
    8. Kyle O'Reilly
    9. Ricochet
    10. Roderick Strong
    11. Sami Callihan
    12. Zack Sabre Jr.

As a bonus, it would be cool if you used Bryan Danielson between June to October 2010.

Hopefully that's a decent enough variety
    Okay, I'll work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    So I just downloaded The Dark Tapes and subsequently noticed your glowing 2.5/10 rating. Should I just delete it and move on with my life or is there something, anything, worth watching in it?
    It's extremely amateurish. I expected low budget since it's just a small found footage sort of horror, but it has some cheap looking CGI that looks worse than some of that really early CGI from the mid 90's. The only praise I can give it is that there are twists in each of the segments so it ends up being a bit fun due to being different than you were expecting. For most people, I'd say go ahead and avoid, but considering you watch approx ten movies a day, go ahead and give it a watch before deleting.

Thread Information