Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,354 of 2354

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    I fully agree with your stance on the matter. However surely something can be done about it? You'll know better than myself but can government or other form of authority not step in to remove them as independent contractors (WWE specific) rather than actual employees?
    I'd theorize that if the government was ever going to step in, it would have happened in either the early 90's or the mid 2000's when the WWE was under a microscope. The only things that have happened is that individuals have used lawsuits to get out of unfair deals. The best example of that being Brock Lesnar getting out of his insane non-compete clause that he signed in exchanged for his WWE release in 2004. Even then, Brock likely wouldn't have gotten out of it had the WWE not low balled him when they were in negotiations to bring Brock back in 2005, with the WWE claiming that he was no longer worth the money they were one paying him, which makes the non-compete seem foolish due to acting as if Brock is worth X amount of dollars if he went elsewhere, but only worth a fraction of that if he returned.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If you were the person making the decision, how would you handle the "leaks" situation in regards to Paige and Xavier Woods, from an administrative and public company standpoint? (Keeping in mind the hygiene/health factor of jizz on the belt, too.)

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    If you were the person making the decision, how would you handle the "leaks" situation in regards to Paige and Xavier Woods, from an administrative and public company standpoint? (Keeping in mind the hygiene/health factor of jizz on the belt, too.)
    Publicly? Absolutely nothing. Paige is in a good position since she's still out with an injury, so there's time for everything to blow over before she returns. For Xavier, I'll just keep doing whatever the New Day is currently doing. If you play into what happened, it's going to only make the reactions greater. If you go out of your way to keep Woods off of TV, it's only going to make the reaction greater. The best way to silence the reactions is to no sell it all and proceed as normal, without making it seem as if you're actively trying to ignore it.

Privately, there would be a meeting before the next Raw and Smackdown tapings, reminding all of the talent that they're celebrities, and as a result, they're going to be targets for hackers and similar things. So, be smart and guard yourself so that you're not giving hackers something to find. It's kind of messed up that celebrities can't send out private videos or pictures to special people in their lives without fear, but that's what comes with fame. This meeting would be almost identical to any past meetings where the office told the staff to be smart when it comes to social media and sending out Tweets late at night.

I haven't watched the particular video that involved the title, but it's not as if the defiling came from Paige. The person who did it is no longer with the company. The whole hygiene issue is something I don't even think particularly matters. Those title belts are not clean. They're often on the dirty ground, covered in sweat, they used to get blood on them, and generally being handled by a many different hands, especially at public signings. Even before this leak came out, the fact that so many talents kiss their titles is gross already. Title belts are a breeding ground for germs and diseases. If you're a champion or handling the title, maybe don't kiss it and do your own part by often cleaning it.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Publicly? Absolutely nothing. Paige is in a good position since she's still out with an injury, so there's time for everything to blow over before she returns. For Xavier, I'll just keep doing whatever the New Day is currently doing. If you play into what happened, it's going to only make the reactions greater. If you go out of your way to keep Woods off of TV, it's only going to make the reaction greater. The best way to silence the reactions is to no sell it all and proceed as normal, without making it seem as if you're actively trying to ignore it.

Privately, there would be a meeting before the next Raw and Smackdown tapings, reminding all of the talent that they're celebrities, and as a result, they're going to be targets for hackers and similar things. So, be smart and guard yourself so that you're not giving hackers something to find. It's kind of messed up that celebrities can't send out private videos or pictures to special people in their lives without fear, but that's what comes with fame. This meeting would be almost identical to any past meetings where the office told the staff to be smart when it comes to social media and sending out Tweets late at night.

I haven't watched the particular video that involved the title, but it's not as if the defiling came from Paige. The person who did it is no longer with the company. The whole hygiene issue is something I don't even think particularly matters. Those title belts are not clean. They're often on the dirty ground, covered in sweat, they used to get blood on them, and generally being handled by a many different hands, especially at public signings. Even before this leak came out, the fact that so many talents kiss their titles is gross already. Title belts are a breeding ground for germs and diseases. If you're a champion or handling the title, maybe don't kiss it and do your own part by often cleaning it.
    I think you could make the argument that the title would not have gotten jizzed upon had Paige not provided it, though. Seems a bit disrespectful to the other women but especially the company to 'deface' their property like that, even privately.

If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Status

I think you could make the argument that the title would not have gotten jizzed upon had Paige not provided it, though. Seems a bit disrespectful to the other women but especially the company to 'deface' their property like that, even privately.
    Lets be real, I highly doubt that's the first time a championship title had something happen to it. Ric Flair traveled the vast majority of the 80's with the NWA Title. I'd be shocked if the belt wasn't used behind closed doors.

If any of the women are offended because of the importance of the title, they're taking the title far too seriously. Which, to be fair, they clearly do due to the fact that any time a woman wins a title, they have to cry. Now, being upset that a title that could be theirs one day has been used in a sex act? Yeah, I can see why that'd be annoying and gross. But disrespectful? Meh.

Seriously, if you win a title, the first thing you should do when you get to the back is to clean it especially if you're going to travel home and show it off to your family.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Lets be real, I highly doubt that's the first time a championship title had something happen to it. Ric Flair traveled the vast majority of the 80's with the NWA Title. I'd be shocked if the belt wasn't used behind closed doors.

If any of the women are offended because of the importance of the title, they're taking the title far too seriously. Which, to be fair, they clearly do due to the fact that any time a woman wins a title, they have to cry. Now, being upset that a title that could be theirs one day has been used in a sex act? Yeah, I can see why that'd be annoying and gross. But disrespectful? Meh.

Seriously, if you win a title, the first thing you should do when you get to the back is to clean it especially if you're going to travel home and show it off to your family.
    True but racism in the industry was a thing long before Hulk Hogan got caught on tape and they still brought the hammer down.

Spoiler:

Status

True but racism in the industry was a thing long before Hulk Hogan got caught on tape and they still brought the hammer down.
    Those are two completely different cases though. The one is flat out racist comments being uttered by a guy under contract to a publicly traded company and the other was a consensual act between two adults. The only fair thing the WWE can do to Paige is keep her from traveling with any titles she may win in the future because she proved to not be the most trustworthy person with the titles. That's it. Doing anything beyond that would be incredibly unfair to Paige.

Besides, Hogan's fine. I'm sure he'll be back on WWE TV in 2017. The truth of the matter is that if that video came out in the past, there's a good chance nothing would have been done about it. The time period is what screwed Hogan. Again, Paige is not the one who defiled the title. She didn't do anything wrong in the videos.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Those are two completely different cases though. The one is flat out racist comments being uttered by a guy under contract to a publicly traded company and the other was a consensual act between two adults. ... Again, Paige is not the one who defiled the title. She didn't do anything wrong in the videos.
    The argument could be made that Paige should have tried harder to catch the cum in her mouth to prevent the title from being defiled. Crass joke aside, she absolutely provided the title belt to be used in a lewd sexual act and committed to video, whether private or not. They are technically different but not as completely different as you suggest. She is just as under contract as Hogan was and this was to be just as private as that was. His racism is worse, I'll give you that, but she's complicit in defiling WWE property on video. To say she did nothing wrong seems a bit generous.

Spoiler:

Status

The argument could be made that Paige should have tried harder to catch the cum in her mouth to prevent the title from being defiled. Crass joke aside, she absolutely provided the title belt to be used in a lewd sexual act and committed to video, whether private or not. They are technically different but not as completely different as you suggest. She is just as under contract as Hogan was and this was to be just as private as that was. His racism is worse, I'll give you that, but she's complicit in defiling WWE property on video. To say she did nothing wrong seems a bit generous.
    I honestly don't care. She's one of the victims in this, I'm not going to point any fingers at her. She was involved in a sex act with a WWE prop. Meh, I don't care. Clean that shit up with some disinfectant and it's all good. Regardless of how some views titles, they are not some holy object that demands to be held with the utmost respect. They're props. Simply put...props.

Since you seem to be on the other end of the spectrum from myself, how do you think the WWE should handle Paige? Anything further than telling her to be smarter with her sex life seems too far for me.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I honestly don't care. She's one of the victims in this, I'm not going to point any fingers at her. She was involved in a sex act with a WWE prop. Meh, I don't care. Clean that shit up with some disinfectant and it's all good. Regardless of how some views titles, they are not some holy object that demands to be held with the utmost respect. They're props. Simply put...props.

Since you seem to be on the other end of the spectrum from myself, how do you think the WWE should handle Paige? Anything further than telling her to be smarter with her sex life seems too far for me.
    They represent much more than 'props' to the larger audience though and this is an industry where perception is reality. I don't consider myself on 'the other end of the spectrum' but I would consider engaging in a sex act with a championship title on video something that should be addressed. Firing is obviously a bit much (and I don't consider this whole kerfluffle on par with Hogan) but a fine or something (up to an including starting a new rule against it with a fine or termination attached) at the bare minimum to discourage it in the future seems entirely appropriate.

Spoiler:

Status

They represent much more than 'props' to the larger audience though and this is an industry where perception is reality. I don't consider myself on 'the other end of the spectrum' but I would consider engaging in a sex act with a championship title on video something that should be addressed. Firing is obviously a bit much (and I don't consider this whole kerfluffle on par with Hogan) but a fine or something (up to an including starting a new rule against it with a fine or termination attached) at the bare minimum to discourage it in the future seems entirely appropriate.
    They are props though. As I said in the SB, especially in the WWE, there's typically multiple copies of each title at any given time.

I don't like the idea of punishing her at this time. Here you have this young girl, who in the past year has already seemed a bit off kilter, now going through mental strain she's going through at present time, and you're going to add to everything by fining her or something? How about instead alleviate some of the stress by having her back? If you want to punish her, don't give her any more titles.

At the end of the day, Paige was young and stupid and did a young and stupid thing that I assume many others in wrestling have done. She's still the victim and I refuse to act as if she needs to be punished like she's guilty.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

They are props though. As I said in the SB, especially in the WWE, there's typically multiple copies of each title at any given time.

I don't like the idea of punishing her at this time. Here you have this young girl, who in the past year has already seemed a bit off kilter, now going through mental strain she's going through at present time, and you're going to add to everything by fining her or something? How about instead alleviate some of the stress by having her back? If you want to punish her, don't give her any more titles.

At the end of the day, Paige was young and stupid and did a young and stupid thing that I assume many others in wrestling have done. She's still the victim and I refuse to act as if she needs to be punished like she's guilty.
    I don't like the idea of treating anyone differently because of their mental health. You do that and suddenly everyone's going to find a way to become clinically depressed. I agree with the don't give her any more titles, but what I don't agree with is that the act of defiling WWE property on camera, whether privately or not, goes without any publicly-recognized consequence. It's tricky here because I don't think you should break kayfabe and acknowledge "no more title runs for Paige," or even no more title opportunities, but I recognize that giving her a fine on top of all of this bullshit happening seems extreme. Still, I think there's merit to the idea that it should not be an act that goes unpunished.

Spoiler:

Status

I don't like the idea of treating anyone differently because of their mental health. You do that and suddenly everyone's going to find a way to become clinically depressed. I agree with the don't give her any more titles, but what I don't agree with is that the act of defiling WWE property on camera, whether privately or not, goes without any publicly-recognized consequence. It's tricky here because I don't think you should break kayfabe and acknowledge "no more title runs for Paige," or even no more title opportunities, but I recognize that giving her a fine on top of all of this bullshit happening seems extreme. Still, I think there's merit to the idea that it should not be an act that goes unpunished.
    She's not the one who did it though! I don't care if she was the one holding the belt or told Maddox to do it, she's not the one who did it.

This is such a non-issue though. I don't see anything truly wrong that went on in those videos. As I've been saying all along, those titles are gross in the first place. I'm done with this topic though. You now know how I feel on the matter.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

She's not the one who did it though! I don't care if she was the one holding the belt or told Maddox to do it, she's not the one who did it.

This is such a non-issue though. I don't see anything truly wrong that went on in those videos. As I've been saying all along, those titles are gross in the first place.
    What do you mean by "she's not the one who did it" ? She engaged in a sexual act with the title belt. I don't care if you respond to this but what you are saying is wrong.

Just because the jizz is coming out of his penis doesn't mean Paige isn't holding the belt up to catch it! Consenting to this happening when the property is her responsibility would mean that Paige "did it" too. The person holding a door open during a robbery is still complicit in the act.

I know the belts are already gross, that doesn't mean that engaging in lewd sexual acts with the title shouldn't be discouraged in some way.
    Last edited by The Natural; 03-22-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Spoiler:

Thread Information