Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107115116117118 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2354

Thread: The Ask Jim Thread

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

Re: The Ask Jim Thread

I came across this shoot topic multiple times by Kevin Nash on how he and Bret getting into it because to build towards the Diesel/Taker match the idea was have both men have Bret beat but get cost by each other which will make their match more important. When I first heard this tale I sided with Nash 100% but now looking back, maybe Bret was in the right... If he almost gets beat by Diesel and Taker but only leaves with the belt because he gets saved, and then goes on to drop the belt to HBK at WM 12, wouldn't that make Bret look a bit too weak as a babyface champion?

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

Spartacus - " There is no greater victory than to fall from this world... A free man. "

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    I came across this shoot topic multiple times by Kevin Nash on how he and Bret getting into it because to build towards the Diesel/Taker match the idea was have both men have Bret beat but get cost by each other which will make their match more important. When I first heard this tale I sided with Nash 100% but now looking back, maybe Bret was in the right... If he almost gets beat by Diesel and Taker but only leaves with the belt because he gets saved, and then goes on to drop the belt to HBK at WM 12, wouldn't that make Bret look a bit too weak as a babyface champion?
    That's essentially what happened, although I suppose you could question whether Taker or Diesel actually had the match won or if they were screwed when it was still undecided. Without question, Bret is in the right. Although Taker/Diesel was the second most important match at WM 12, you're ultimately building it up by hurting the build for the biggest match. You look back at the build to WM 12 and Bret wasn't made to look very good. His two title defenses at Rumble and IYH 6 weren't decisive victories for him. The video packages for Michaels and Bret put Shawn in a far greater light. Hindsight being 20/20, it made even less sense since Diesel was on his way out, Michaels was the leader of the company for the next several months, and Taker had always been protected, so it's not as if the WM 12 victory boosted him up any.

Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Status
      Country                    United States

I know we share of love of Bret Hart. If he doesn't get the concussion (and eventual stroke), do you think he ever makes it back to WWE as a competitor? If so, when? and who would you like to see him against?
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163831
    STL Saint Presents: The Wednesday Night War!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by STL Saint View Post
    I know we share of love of Bret Hart. If he doesn't get the concussion (and eventual stroke), do you think he ever makes it back to WWE as a competitor? If so, when? and who would you like to see him against?
    My first thought was, "Of course he'd return, he wrestled a few matches in 2010!" However, for all extensive purposes, what led to Hart cooling off of his hatred of the WWE to allow for the return was all of the bigger life events that had happened to him such as the career coming to an end and especially the stroke. There's also the fact that I can't imagine Bret had planned on remaining a wrestler for much longer. Assuming Bret never got hurt, I'd think that he wouldn't have been released by WCW in mid 2000, so he would have likely opted to keep being paid by AOL Time Warner after WWE bought WCW. So that takes Bret to I think 2002. At which time, I'd assume Bret would just slow down further and just taking the occasional booking with various companies. Possibly work one or two 2002 ROH events? Maybe even become one of TNA's early top stars? Could Bret eventually be brought in to officially end his wrestling career with the WWE like what happened in reality? Maybe, but I can't see Bret working on a regular basis with the WWE again.

Had he came back to the WWE, there's the obvious opponents like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit, Edge, and even Rey Mysterio.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Bret v Angle is like THE DREAM Match I wanna see.

Here's one for you Jim. I heard that if Vince went to jail in 93/94, Jerry Jarrett was to take over the running of the company. Now we don't know how long Vince is jailed for but what do you think happens to WWF during that time and do you think they would eventually shut down? (Because of scandal and that McMahons no longer actually run it)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Here's one for you Jim. I heard that if Vince went to jail in 93/94, Jerry Jarrett was to take over the running of the company. Now we don't know how long Vince is jailed for but what do you think happens to WWF during that time and do you think they would eventually shut down? (Because of scandal and that McMahons no longer actually run it)
    I'll start with this, even if McMahon would go to jail, you'd have to be crazy to think the McMahons aren't still in charge. Linda would still have a heavy role in the business side and you can believe McMahon would have weekly meetings from jail to still be running the company under the table. In fact, I believe part of the reason why Jarrett had his name thrown around as being the one to be publicly inserted into the role of being the one in charge is because McMahon felt as if he could trust Jarrett to maintain things. Part of that maintaining you'd have to think would involve still going along with whatever McMahon wanted to be done. Look at what happened a few years earlier. The whole sex scandal forced Pat Patterson out of the company, but he was still quietly involved. Same thing would happen with Vinnie Mac.

Creatively, the WWE would have been just fine. You would have had Jarrett's experience, JJ Dillon was there, and Pat Patterson would still have all of his crazy knowledge. I do wonder how McMahon being in jail would impact any deals the WWE would have either had at the time or were about to have. I don't know how often it came up, but sooner or later it'd be time for TV renewals in both the US and in other countries. This was also the time period where the WWE and Hasbro stopped working together for their action figures. Would McMahon being in jail have caused problems with the Jakks Pacific deal that I presume was agreed upon in 1995 since the figures began being released in early 1996? Of course there's also the regular merch, video games, and all of the deals they had with the various arenas in America. It's very possible none of that would have changed if Linda McMahon was mostly responsible for them though. There's even wrestler contracts. Does losing McMahon's nightly interaction cause some to opt to just leave the company rather than re-signing?

However, there isn't any reason to think that the WWE would go under. It's incredibly unlikely that the WWE would have been as "Successful" as they were in the mid 90's with McMahon in prison though.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Just watched Halloween Havoc 1997. Was the fan that runs in at the end of the Hogan/Piper match an actual fan or a plant to make it look like someone trying to save Piper?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    Just watched Halloween Havoc 1997. Was the fan that runs in at the end of the Hogan/Piper match an actual fan or a plant to make it look like someone trying to save Piper?
    I'm not Jim, but are you really asking this? Look at Hogan's punches, man

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    I think the only thing that makes it seem plausible that the Sting fan that climbed the cage was legit is the fact that it's WCW. Logic and common sense need not apply. Typically when a fan jumps the steel railing, the director in the back will try to show as little of it as possible. There's been times where we barely even see evidence of something happening because the camera remained glued elsewhere. Yet at Halloween Havoc, not only was the entire interaction with the fan shown, but the camera instantly cut to showing him jumping the steel railing. The fact that it took security ages to get involved is also not very typical. Although referees hardly look very physical, there's been times when they will jump right in there to stop a fan, yet Randy Anderson isn't doing anything while the fan is initially held back by the fake Sting. Which, is another odd thing. Considering that the fake Sting took such a big bump to the outside, it's a safe bet that he's either a WCW Power Plant student or he's an indie wrestler. Yet, he couldn't easily hold back some small looking fan? As Dook brought up, Hogan got in typical work style punches that you never see when fans rush the ring. When a fan comes into the ring, a wrestler will either subdue them with something resembling a front face lock or just beat the shit out of them with punches and kicks. They do not allow the fans to get to their feet and then punch them like it's an angle. To go back to an earlier point about how companies show as little of a fan coming into the ring as possible, the camera has shown everything from beginning to end. In fact, the PPV only goes off of the air once the fan is pulled out of the ring. Meanwhile, it would have been really easy for the director to cut to a camera focused on Roddy Piper with the commentators ignoring what's happening (Which again, that's not normal for them to talk about it that much) and end the PPV thirty seconds early.

Again, all of these pieces of evidence for how this fan has to be a plant can be dismissed with two simple words - Because WCW.

He's a plant though.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Australia

Thoughts on TNA as a whole? Who do you see as champions (all of them) in WWE, TNA and ROH one year from today?
    BTB's I'm Enjoying And Going To Review!
    SaveUsTY2J's WWE 2016, Charlemm1's ECW 2016, Luke Cage's Canadian 2016, Richie77's PWG 2016, Joey Bananas's Smackdown, Millar's WWE.

Indy Talent

Status

Also, can you book CM Punk from the RR14 until now as if he never left? (Can It Possibly Be Realistic?)
    SaveUsTY2J's WWE 2016, Charlemm1's ECW 2016, Luke Cage's Canadian 2016, Richie77's PWG 2016, Joey Bananas's Smackdown, Millar's WWE.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Jim, I have a weird booking angle for you to do. Easy ones are wack.

Give Edge the WWE title in 1999. How does he get it? How long does it last (don't make it just one week or whatever) and how does it end?!

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

What are your favorite lame mid 90's gimmicks? Least favorite?

When did you first find out about indie wrestling?

Thoughts on my Holly sig?

What is it about Ahmed Johnson that people love so much? Was it the knee pads? The bulge? The promos? The Pearl River Plunge?

As someone who hasn't watched TNA/Impact Wrestling in probably half a decade, if you had to name a five person Mount Rushmore for the company, who would it be? Why?

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    Thoughts on TNA as a whole?
    An utter failure of a company with only those in charge thinking that they're one little move away from beating the WWE.

Who do you see as champions (all of them) in WWE, TNA and ROH one year from today?
    Uhhh...Do I even know all of the champions as of this very moment? For fun, let's play a little trivia game where Jim tries to correctly guess who is the champion in all of those companies without looking:

WWE

Universal Champion - Goldberg
    US Champion - Chris Jericho
    Raw Tag Titles - Bullet Club
    Women's Title - Bayley
    Cruiserweight - Neville

WWE World Title - Bray Wyatt
    IC Title - The Miz
    Smackdown Tag Titles - American Alpha
    Women's Title - uhhh Becky Lynch?

NXT World - Shinsuke Nakamura
    NXT Tag Titles - The Revival
    NXT Women's - Asuka

ROH World - Christopher Daniels
    ROH Tag Titles - The Hardys
    ROH TV - Marty Scrull
    ROH Six Man - I think that's Briscoes and Bully Ray or was that the IWGP Six Man Titles?
    ROH Women's - Wait...is there a women's title yet?

TNA World - Alberto Del Rio
    TNA Tag Titles - Uhh, I know the Hardys aren't anymore
    TNA Women's - Gail Kim
    TNA X-Division - Trevor Lee
    TNA "That Other Belt That They Have that isn't the Legends or TV Title" - Drew Galloway

How'd I do?

As for the champions at this time one year from now, I have no fucking clue. I'll go with John Cena as WWE Champion to break Flair's record, Roman Reigns as Universal Champion, Kassius Ohno as NXT Champion, Jay Briscoe as ROH Champion, and Bruce Prichard as TNA Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    Also, can you book CM Punk from the RR14 until now as if he never left? (Can It Possibly Be Realistic?)
    Sure.

Royal Rumble 2014 - CM Punk is the runner up in the Royal Rumble after the Authority costs him the match to allow Batista to win the Rumble

Monday Night Raw (Night After) - CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan goes to a no contest as Punk gets injured

Monday Night Raw (Week after) - An injured CM Punk becomes the official new Raw color commentator

Wrestlemania 30 - CM Punk is color commentator

Wrestlemania 31 - CM Punk is color commentator

Wrestlemania 32 - CM Punk is color commentator

Wrestlemania 33 - CM Punk is color commentator

Monday Night Raw (Night After) - CM Punk casually mentions that he had been retired as an active competitor for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    Jim, I have a weird booking angle for you to do. Easy ones are wack.

Give Edge the WWE title in 1999. How does he get it? How long does it last (don't make it just one week or whatever) and how does it end?!
    I suppose the question here is do you build Edge up to be a proper main eventer, do you have him win the belt in a fluke match, or do you have it be as side matter in a proper main event program (EG. Money in the Bank cash-ins).

Hopefully, you don't mind, but some of this title reign will take place in 2000. I figured it'd be best to have the title win take place after Edge's coming out party at No Mercy 1999. At Survivor Series, Austin gets ran over after the first match and then it's announced that to find a replacement in the triple threat, there will be a Champions Battle Royal at the end of the show featuring everyone who has held WWE gold in 1999. Obvious omissions include the McMahons, the women, anyone who left for WCW, guys out with injuries, or of course the deceased. It looks like the battle royal would be:

Spoiler:

Mankind

Val Venis
    Road Dogg
    The Godfather
    Edge
    D-Lo Brown
    Chyna

X-Pac
    Mideon
    Mark Henry
    British Bulldog

The Boss Man
    Kane
    Bradshaw
    Faarooq
    Matt Hardy
    Jeff Hardy
    The Big Show
    Billy Gunn
    Hardcore Holly
    Crash Holly
    Al Snow

Gillberg

The end can come down to DX, Mankind, and Edge. DX is so concerned about Mankind that they're not even realizing that there's another person in the match. Foley can successfully toss the Outlaws, but X-Pac manages to dump him. That allows Edge to rush up behind him and eliminate X-Pac for the surprise victory. Onto the immediate World Title match, there's some sort of wackiness with Rock having the match won, but the Outlaws ran out to pull Rock out of the ring. That unintentionally allows Edge time to crawl into the ring and either get an arm over Hunter or set up a spear to pin Hunter to win the title. For December, Edge can get a little program against Gangrel to wrap up that issue with Gangrel taking sole credit for all of E&C's success (With Christian winning the Light Heavyweight Title the night after Survivor Series just so he's not completely twiddling his thumbs while Edge is World Champion). Edge beats Gangrel at Armageddon and that can wrap up Gangrel's WWE career.

Onto January and Edge's workload increases as he fully dives into a feud against DX. He's booked in two matches at Royal Rumble, the first being a tag team titles shot against the New Age Outlaws and the second being defending the World Title against Hunter. In both matches, the angles allow for interference rather than clean finishes. E&C are screwed by the Dudley Boyz, upset that they haven't been granted any title shots yet. In the main event, Edge gets another pinfall victory over Triple H after Mankind came out to distract Hunter.

February is all about the debut of the Radicalz. Initially, they're presented as babyfaces joining the likes of E&C, The Rock, and Mankind in the wars against mostly DX. That sets up a couple of babyface vs babyface matches at No Way Out with Edge cleanly beating Chris Benoit to retain his title, but Dean Malenko beating Christian to win the Light Heavyweight Title. The bigger events of NWO features setting a few things up for Mania with Hunter ending Mick Foley's career to unofficially earn another title shot before Mania, The Dudley Boyz defeating their sorta allies in the New Age Outlaws to become the new #1 heel tag team and tag team champions.

Since Wrestlemania is in early April, March is about the return of SNME to be broadcast on Fox and putting together the final pieces for Wrestlemania. This mostly means the heel turn of The Radicalz as they screw over Edge to help Triple H regain the World Title and the emergence of Saturn/Eddie Guerrero as the successors to The New Age Outlaws as the new #2 heel tag team. That leads into Wrestlemania with Rock vs Hunter, a match that had been building up since Survivor Series and a gigantic four-way tag team titles ladder match between The Dudley Boyz, E&C, The Hardy Boyz, and Saturn/Guerrero, with the various teams feuding for months.

While Edge wouldn't be the most "Credible" World Champion, it would all fit in the series of programs that would be going on at the time. In some weird way, one of the goals is to make E&C's title win at Wrestlemania 2000 feel like Edge's biggest of his career up to that point, even more so than the World Title.

Here are various snippets of cards I came up with to help form these ideas:

Survivor Series
    Edge wins Champions Battle Royal
    Edge def Triple H (c) and The Rock

Raw (Night After)
    Christian def Gilldberg (c)

Armageddon
    Edge (c) def Gangrel - First Blood Match
    New Age Outlaws (c) def The Rock and Mick Foley via Triple H interference
    Christian (c) def Jeff Hardy

Royal Rumble
    The Rock wins Royal Rumble match
    New Age Outlaws (c) def E&C via Dudleyz interference
    Edge (c) def Triple H with Mick Foley distraction
    The Dudley Boyz def The Hardy Boyz in a #1 contender's table match

Raw (Post-Royal Rumble)
    Edge (c) def X-Pac to retain WWE Title
    The Radicalz make their debut and gets in a shoving match with DX during main event, show ends with Edge and Radicalz together in the ring

Smackdown (Post-Royal Rumble)
    Edge (c) def Bubba Ray Dudley
    -The Radicalz Series-
    Chris Benoit def Triple H with a ton of people interfering, both heels and faces
    Dean Malenko def X-Pac
    Eddie Guerrero/Perry Saturn def The New Age Outlaws

Raw (1st of Feb)
    Edge, The Rock, Benoit, Saturn, Malenko, Christian vs Triple H, The New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, The Dudley Boyz
    The Hardy Boyz def The Mean Street Posse

Raw (Pre-No Way Out)
    Edge (c) def Mick Foley to retain WWE World Title in Foley's final Raw match

No Way Out
    Triple H def Mick Foley - Hell in a Cell (Foley's Career)
    The Rock def The Big Show
    Edge (c) def Chris Benoit
    Dean Malenko def Christian (c)
    The Dudley Boyz def The New Age Outlaws
    Perry Saturn w/Eddie Guerrero def X-Pac

SNME (March 2000)
    Triple H def Edge (c) to win title via Radicalz interference/heel turn

Wrestlemania 2000
    Triple H (c) vs The Rock - WWE World Title
    The Dudley Boyz (c) vs E&C vs The Hardy Boyz vs Saturn/Guerrero - Tag Titles - Ladder Match

Simply Ravishing

Status
      Country                    Canada

Close Jim. Ambrose is IC Champ, Bliss is the SD Women's Champ, and Galloway is no longer with TNA. I don't even know the champions there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.

Indy Talent

Status

WWE

Universal Champion - Goldberg (Correct)
    US Champion - Chris Jericho (Correct)
    Raw Tag Titles - Bullet Club (Correct)
    Women's Title - Bayley (Correct)
    Cruiserweight - Neville (Correct)

WWE World Title - Bray Wyatt (Correct)
    IC Title - The Miz (DEAN AMBROSE)
    Smackdown Tag Titles - American Alpha (Correct)
    Women's Title - uhhh Becky Lynch? (ALEXA BLISS)

NXT World - Shinsuke Nakamura (BOBBY ROODE)
    NXT Tag Titles - The Revival (AUTHORS OF PAIN)
    NXT Women's - Asuka (Correct)

ROH World - Christopher Daniels (Correct)
    ROH Tag Titles - The Hardys (Correct)
    ROH TV - Marty Scrull (Correct)
    ROH Six Man - I think that's Briscoes and Bully Ray or was that the IWGP Six Man Titles? (Correct)
    ROH Women's - Wait...is there a women's title yet? (No title yet)

TNA World - Alberto Del Rio (Correct)
    TNA Tag Titles - Uhh, I know the Hardys aren't anymore (Correct)
    TNA Women's - Gail Kim (ROSEMARY)
    TNA X-Division - Trevor Lee (Correct)
    TNA "That Other Belt That They Have that isn't the Legends or TV Title" - Drew Galloway (MOOSE)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    What are your favorite lame mid 90's gimmicks? Least favorite?
    This is the question that was hanging me up and delaying me from reply to this post earlier.

I was a fan of Adam Bomb back in the day. Especially during his short heel run, it was a pretty goofy character. I'd also give a shout out to Earl Robert Eaton. Taking a guy from Alabama and putting him with Lord Steven Regal? On the surface, that's pretty lame, but it ended up working out really well, especially the initial vignettes that helped established the character.

Least favorite is far easier. The Shark instantly springs to mind due to how much I liked Earthquake. A lot of the WWE wrestlers with secondary occupations can be included as well. The Zodiac was a silly character that made absolutely zero sense when it was later revealed that the Booty Man was Hogan's mole in the Dungeon of Doom...despite the fact that Booty had turned on Hogan long before the Dungeon of Doom was a thing. Even if Brutus and Hulk reunited in mid 1995, what exactly did Brutus help with being the inside man? Hogan wasn't WCW Champion for the majority of the Dungeon of Doom's first year before their depush.

When did you first find out about indie wrestling?
    As far as modern indie wrestling, the answer would be similar to some of my answers to when you asked me about reading wrestling magazines. There was that PWI almanac that allowed me to learn about what a killer year CM Punk had in 2004 with Ricky Steamboat and Samoa Joe in ROH. I can remember going on various indie wrestling websites around 2000 and just looking at the roster pages. I seem to recall that's where I first saw pictures of the S.A.T.'s. The PWI alamanc was the first time I properly heard about something actually happening in an indie rather than just knowing that there was wrestling outside of what I was seeing on TV.

Thoughts on my Holly sig?
    Seems like the sort of sig you'd have.

What is it about Ahmed Johnson that people love so much? Was it the knee pads? The bulge? The promos? The Pearl River Plunge?
    I realize this is a bit of a joke question, but the Ahmed overness was a real thing and I think it all has to do with the booking. Here you have this new guy coming onto the scene and just immediately slamming Yokozuna. Less than a month earlier, no one knew who Ahmed was, and yet suddenly he's one of the sole survivors at Survivor Series 1995 in a match with all stars. The fact that he was a black wrestler likely helped as well. When was the last time the WWE had had a black wrestler that was a singles babyface that was booked strongly? There had been tag team wrestlers like Men on a Mission, heels like Kama, or underdogs like Virgil, but I think you have to go all the way back to the mid 80's with JYD to find a similar star like Ahmed. The fact that he was a normal character and didn't have some cheesy occupational gimmick didn't hurt either. Lastly, even though he was a shit promo, there was personality there. That's what I felt was most lacking with Bobby Lashley during his WWE run. Lashley was this emotionless, clean cut babyface, that went against the look of what he could have been. Ahmed had a lot of energy and could be fired up quickly. Without question, had Ahmed remained healthy, he would have been a former WWE Champion.

As someone who hasn't watched TNA/Impact Wrestling in probably half a decade, if you had to name a five person Mount Rushmore for the company, who would it be? Why?
    - Jeff Jarrett - Of course Jarrett has to be on there. He helped create the company, was the first long term main eventer, and for better or for worse, has been a major influence nearly the entire time.

- AJ Styles - Whether it's 100% accurate or not, TNA's biggest success story. For many years, he represented what was good about TNA and the potential that they had.

- Kurt Angle - The representative for all of the WWE talent that came into TNA over the years. Unlike the rest, Angle basically took over Jarrett's spot as the top guy, where he remained for years.

This fourth one, I'm unsure about. Do you pick James Storm as the representative of the tag team scene particularly with AMW and Beer Money, even if Storm, on his own, doesn't feel as if he's truly one of the four most important people? Perhaps Sting? He was certainly only treated as a special star for his entire time with the company. There's Samoa Joe, who would fit in the same similar role as Styles. I think I'd end up going with Sting thanks to his extended time in the main event, which may even be longer than Jarrett's.

- Dixie Carter - Of course Dixie f'n Carter would somehow look at Mount Rushmore, see that there's only supposed to be four heads and yet still believe that she should cram herself on there somewhere. If this TNA Mount Rushmore was carved into a mountain, Dixie's head would be added as a billboard attached to the mountain side, making it clear that it's just some cheap last minute addition to really sum up her involvement with this disaster of a company.

The Franchise.

Status

What's your opinion of the term independent contractor in wrestling? Do you see it ever disappearing? If it did disappear how do you think it would affect WWE? Finally do you think ex stars would ever see any money as a result of the change?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    What's your opinion of the term independent contractor in wrestling? Do you see it ever disappearing? If it did disappear how do you think it would affect WWE? Finally do you think ex stars would ever see any money as a result of the change?
    I don't agree with the term independent contractor. It's just not an accurate term when you're with the WWE and how you're not able to do anything non-WWE related even on days where a talent doesn't have any WWE obligations. To me, an independent contractor are these indie talents that are able to work absolutely anywhere they wish to work, even being brought in for one offs with WWE, as long as the dates do not interfere with any already scheduled dates.

Will it ever disappear? Highly unlikely. As long as the WWE is around, it's next to impossible to change things especially without the support of the top stars. Even then, with the WWE moving away from individuals as draws and instead relying on the WWE name itself as the draw, there's even less of a concern of the boys coming together to demand an union. If a group of say...a dozen midcarders came together and demanded changes, what's going to stop the WWE from taking them off of the road (To give them time to scare them before deciding whether or not to release them) and bringing up talent from NXT to take their place?

If it'd ever actually disappear, I don't think it'd really affect the WWE because they'd likely already be on their deathbed to be in that position in the first place.

If it would change the day after Wrestlemania, for example, what exactly are former WWE talents expecting to get money from?

The Franchise.

Status

I fully agree with your stance on the matter. However surely something can be done about it? You'll know better than myself but can government or other form of authority not step in to remove them as independent contractors (WWE specific) rather than actual employees?

Thread Information