Thread: Bleacher Report lists early favorites for Carnal Contendership match

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Bleacher Report lists early favorites for Carnal Contendership match

By "The Dealer"
    Wrestling Writer

Each year, the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance roster focuses its attention toward a do-or-die battle royal where the risk is minimal and the rewards are plentiful. Whether you are Chris Kennedy, Jack Severino, WOLF or Nemesis, the last four winners all are former World champions. Kennedy revealed himself as La Muerta Blanca, taking off the mask just days before the event. Jack Severino had his second biggest run of his career. WOLF finally became the main event player. Nemesis won his first World title at the next Back in Business.

Will it be a former World champion this year? Or will we see a newcomer to the main event field stand alone in the end?

With the ongoing Jimmy King-CWA takeover storyline in the FWA, things are quite heated and specific characters are certainly shining. Three characters in particular stand out as definite favorites entering this match.

1.) Gabrielle Montgomery - A former World champion, former tag team champion and multi-time Women's champion, Gabrielle never has won Carnal Contendership. A lot of people think that changes this year. While rumors circulated she may not compete, and even is contemplating retirement, everyone knows she deserves one more major main event feud and many feel it should happen at Back in Business. She is a definite contender among the male-dominated field and nearly walked out of Trial By Fire as the Undisputed World Champion.

2.) WOLF - While he cannot compete for a World title shot, due to not beating PAJ at Trial By Fire, we feel WOLF will find his way in this thing one way or another. And if he does, the former World champ and only Grandslam champ in FWA history will definitely last toward the end of the match. He's been so close on so many occasions - the Anniversary Show, Mile High and even the entire feud with Chris Kennedy from 2012 - and this could be his final chance after similar retirement rumors circulate.

3.) PAJ - The rising star in the FWA, PAJ is surely a candidate for Carnal Contendership's victory nowadays. One year ago? We'd never say such a thing. PAJ has had the year of years in 2013. From joining the Syndicate, to winning the North American Championship (TWICE!) and then committing the act that officially ended the dominant stable, and finally joining Team King, PAJ has had a breakthrough year. It all culminated at Trial By Fire when the stud went toe to toe and pulled a draw against WOLF, one of the five greatest in FWA history. 2014 will be his standout year, surely. He is locked and loaded in the FWA circles as a future World champ in 2014, and it could come as early as Back in Business. Yes, PAJ is a contender. And yes, he is my pick to win this thing. In Jimmy King's FWA, PAJ and Ryan Hall will headline Back in Business IX. Weep away, FWA soldiers. Weep away. I'm going "all in" on this. PAJ is the dealer's choice.

Pseudo favorite: Shane McLean - After winning the Television title, and then the North American title, and then being screwed by Ryan Rondo, everyone is rooting for Shane McLean to make an awesome run at this thing and possibly win it. Reports keep coming out that Shane and PAJ are the two new main event stars for 2014. They've stood out in 2013 as the worthy ones to make that leap. Well, here is the possible start. Can Shane McLean make the big jump to the top?

Darkhorse candidate: "The Monster" Mac Michaud - If he gets on a roll leading into the PPV, he could shock everyone.

Honorable mentions: Ashley 'O Ryan, Stu St. Clair, Ryan Rondo, Drew Stevenson, and Thomas Princeton
    Last edited by The Golden One; 12-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Boobage Expert

Status

Re: Bleacher Report lists early favorites for Carnal Contendership match

Can't argue with the dealer on this one. I think this really could be PAJ's year. If not him I think Gabrielle.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The FWA caught up with the current reigning Emerald Heavyweight Champion to get his thoughts on this article.

Drew, "Let me be the first person to tell Bleacher Report and the FWA in general that you won't be seeing yours truly in the Carnal Contendership. They say that the rewards are plentiful, right? Well, quite frankly - I have the richest prize in the FWA - the Emerald Heavyweight WRESTLING Championship and I don't need to EARN a contendership at a championship that gives the Puppet master full control over me like we see in Hall every week, the "champ" has become the bitch of the FWA! See FWA, I don't want your "top prize" because what comes with it is blood money and greed and love me or hate me? At least *I* stand by what I believe in instead of being told what I should believe in. So in case you didn't understand - count me OUT of Carnal Contendership, because I have the richest prize in wrestling today and I am the BEST PURE WRESTLER and not some fake little bitch who gets told what to do like Hall."

Underdog

Status
      Country                    England

Bleacher report Carnal Contendership favourite, PAJ, has responded to the reports after Trial By Fire.

'I guarantee that I will win the Carnal Contendership. No-one has had a better year than me. I owe it to Jimmy King, Ryan Hall and Rondo . I did my job but I want more for CWA. Why should some low-life FWA scumbag have the chance to main event Back in Business. Will it cause problems between the rest of the group and I? No, when we get to Back in Business I will lay down for Ryan Hall and allow us to continue on glorious CWA path and squashing any over eager FWA loser that gets in our way. They were right to make me their favourite.'

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Ryan Hall responded to PAJ's comment.

"You are the future of the wrestling business. We will meet at Back In Business as two warriors and I would not have you lay down for me... but I appreciate your homage to the Last King of the FWA. We will continue our righteous path by showing the FWA what a real Back In Business main event SHOULD be. Fools like Stevenson can talk all they want, that's all he's good for anyway. He's champion of his own fantasy where he isn't a mid carder who peaked out in a developmental project of another company. I follow no one, two kings have come together with two rising princes to help forge an empire built on the dust that the FWA product has become. Stevenson is a joke, Whyte Thunder wears spandex and Wolf doesn't have any more title opportunities to squander, what is there left to watch in this developmental territory. Keep on talking Stevenson and maybe you'll one day talk yourself into a CWA contract... but I doubt it."

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Drew, "I'm a nothing? That's the second funniest thing I've heard, the first is that you can wrestle!"

Thread Information