Country                    Slovak Republic

Trial By Fire 2013 Promo Discussion

You can talk about my greatness in this thread
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Trial By Fire 2013 Promo Discussion

Ironically Wolf, I am reviewing you.

Wolf: Let me just say this first off, I really like the passion and the intensity that you bring in your rp's. I think that you give Wolf this very genuine feel to him when talking that makes him feel like more than just a character. You have great yet simple scene settings, great descriptions and a promo (talking parts) that just shred opponents. This new era of FWA has been and will be exciting and I think you're quite possibly the front runner/top guy in my opinion.

We Are Mythology

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Drew: I think that is one of the best promos that you have ever cut since I have been here. I am looking forward to our match.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Thanks bro!

Best of luck to you.

God of Destruction

Status

DIVINE: T-MOM and K-PEZ are definitely not worth my lord's time.
    Reading something like this makes me sad.

Drew Stevenson- The beginning was awesome. You tackled Gryphon's character spot on. Your promo made the whole match look like the storyline between John Cena/JBL leading up to Wrestlemania 21 where a thug from the streets was fighting this rich bussnisman and a Wrestling God. The clash of polar opposites like this sells out arenas and you promoted it very well. I would buy a ticket to see Gryphon vs. Stevenson. My favorite paragraph was when you said "I might be the biggest prick... " you put yourself over big time in that one. Gryphon said that this was one of your best promos and I have to agree. I remmeber most of your promos since last years Aces high and the only one I remmember being better was the one after BIB from the match against Ryan Hall and MC Fromage. You made a big impact back than we were like "Holy Shit" we have a new main event guy. It didn't work as we thought but who knows where you will go from here. Top notch quality.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

TGO: Man, this was a phenomenal rp. I really like how you're fighting for the FWA and trying to correct what Kennedy had "ruined" because that immediately has you as the biggest face. The description was fantastic, the dialogue was fantastic and the story told was amazing. I really like how Chris became a traitor and there you are to point that out, hell, you made him look like a cancer and you did it VERY well. This was such a strong rp, and the story told was amazing. Another amazing rp from you - this should be great!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

PAJ: This match with Wolf in my opinion will really change much of the foundation in the FWA. PAJ is an ass and a traitor and it's glorious. This was a strong rp overall with some good dialogue and great hyping up just how important Wolf is and what it will mean to beat him. There was some grammatical/spelling errors but the rp itself was good. I like this match, a lot and to see a face Wolf defending the FWA from PAJ who has Jimmy King in his corner is straight-up gold. You and Wolf both sold this match very well, great job!

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Sorry to Matty and Wolfster. I had my RP ready and then forgot to email it to myself to finish, code an post. I'm going on a cruise today through Monday and had to post from phone but RP is back at my laptop. So I tried typing something halfway respectable last minute on phone and accidentally clicked " reply to post" button when working on it. I edited the rest in. That's illegal. DQ'ing is fine. Knowing Matt and Wolf and their skills, I wasn't going to win. I just wanted to show up an do something respectable. Sorry again to you two.

Boobage Expert

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Sorry to Matty and Wolfster. I had my RP ready and then forgot to email it to myself to finish, code an post. I'm going on a cruise today through Monday and had to post from phone but RP is back at my laptop. So I tried typing something halfway respectable last minute on phone and accidentally clicked " reply to post" button when working on it. I edited the rest in. That's illegal. DQ'ing is fine. Knowing Matt and Wolf and their skills, I wasn't going to win. I just wanted to show up an do something respectable. Sorry again to you two.
    It happens dude, a cruise sounds awesome! You lucky bastard! haha are you taking a Pacific cruise?

Wolf: A great "lone wolf" promo. That opening quote about being alone to your thoughts, I know for some people that can be a very scary thing. This was a very well done promo you brought up the differences and similarities between Wolf and PAJ so well. The idea that PAJ is now alone and so in foreign territory was great, good use of the character and the atmosphere of the feud. Great varying levels of intensity and even a bit somber at times. Much enjoyed.

Drew Stevenson: Great rp, one of your best for sure! I much enjoyed the greek mythology analogy/imagery. Though must say Hades was not a part of Olympus, he's part of the underworld...but thats neither here nor there it's a good promo for sure! I think Drew is really coming into his own with this FWA/CWA feud it's done wonders for so many characters, yours in particular. The mythology aspect of the rp meshes well with the situation at hand and all in all I was impressed with this promo.

Whyte Thunder: What a great promo! I can't believe this gimmick in terms of a promo theme hasn't been exploited more. I feel like someone maybe Stu or someone used the Christmas carol theme before but can't remember. Either way this rp rocked! Good use of building history and hype for the match. Kudos for making Lucy Pinder a ghost haha that was a nice touch! This is one of those rps people will remember long after TBF is over.

PAJ: Imagining PAJ singing the "big bad wolf" song is very creepy haha. Well done PAJ you are taking the ball and running with it. This is the definition of getting pushed in the FWA and taking advantage of it. Good jabs were brought in at Wolf to really show just how much PAJ should be feared. I also really liked your line about Wolf believing he is the only one who can save the FWA. 1 year ago I wouldn't have thought that PAJ could be the one to possibly crush Wolf's career. It's going to be a close match, this rp is worthy of praise.

Jason Gryphon: Tombstone rps are always sad. This one dragged on a tad too long but it was a fairly clever way of filling in some of the blanks with Jason's backstory and his motivations. Liked the little bit with Jaime, but that's mainly because Jaime is very sexy. This was pretty well done, but I think one of the reasons this kind of wained on me was due to the font colors. It was really hard to read that light blue on a white background. On PWS that would have been fine, but here it's a tad hard on the eyes. I'd consider changing colors for the next promo.

Stu St. Clair: What a dark and depressing promo. That imagery of hell was quite unsettling, not even joking about that. Nobody would want to wake up to that. This promo was such a Stu promo and I loved it for that. It almost had a kind of "Se7en" vibe with the talking about Greed being a deadly sin and how he was going to exploit that and kind of punish people. This was a deep thinking promo that made me think about the potential greed in my life and in my friends' lives. How it drives us and can consume us. I had forgotten that Gabrielle was indeed burned in a TBF match before until you brought it up. The little tinge of pain he expressed in regards to Jenny really brought this promo home to me. A monster with a heart, a character with pain. Not invincible, not immune, not innocent. I felt this might have been the best rp I've read thus far today.

Shane McLean: A very fun read. Kudos for mentioning Princeton and the psychology of that relationship. The whole idea of Shane playing sleuth trying to find the traitor was a nice touch and you did a good job with that concept. The Willem Dafoe in "Spiderman" sequence where he talks to himself in the mirror. It just worked nicely and came together to make a compelling promo that was worth the read in more ways than one. Plus, it's always nice to see Bobby Thunder still be utilized in some capacity.

More reviews to come soon will review for review. Would appreciate any feedback.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I would've made my Rondo promo longer but it is long enough as it is, basically I had to cut out an intro part where everything is sort of explained that it is a dream sequence. Hopefully you read it and realise that, if not, sorry I didn't fit in, I wanted as much interaction as possible! Rondo's next promo will acknowledge this promo as a dream, regardless. I will be giving reviews out on Sunday.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Stu: Another great promo from you and I have come to expect nothing less from you. You played well into your strengths which is relying on your deep dark dialogue and using your setting, while not making it anything elaborate, to back that up. You really have a way of conveying Stu's dialogue different than most people do. He did seem to begin to ramble on in a few areas where he was almost losing focus but you always brought it back. It was a very insightful read into the mind of the Snake and one I really enjoyed. This was a world title caliber promo and your take on greed, especially related to Hall, was excellently written and full of meaning. If I could find anything negative to say about it at all it would be the grammar in a few parts but whose promo doesn't. Overally this promo was one of your best I have read since I have returned. It was a good read and win or lose it was a pleasure facing you in a world title match for the first time brotha'.

Gabrielle: I came into this PPV and this promo looking for something different from Gabrielle... You seem to have fallen into a sort of rut where you open with the same kind of scenes. Well, you answered my questions well as you definitely brought something different with Gabrielle this time and I think you did an awesome job with this. You played up your history with the Trial By Fire match well as Gabrielle and Hall both have been on the losing end of a Trial By Fire match. You conveyed how it effected Gabrielle and what took place in her mind flawlessly. You did something different here and it worked quite well with the two halves of Gabrielle. The usual sexy descriptions were combined with grotesque descriptions and it created a good balance of the two different Gabrielles. This is the best Gabrielle promo you have done in a long time and you really brought it for this PPV.

Sorry, tired just got off of work. There is more to come, I just felt I should cover my opponents first.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Damn you Stu and Ryan! Of course you both put out great promos. I think all three of us wrote our best promos in a while for this one match. Two years in a row I'm in a triple threat TBF match and two years a row that match on promo quality alone is up there as one of my favourites ever in the FWA.

Thanks for the review Ryan, and yeah I think things have gotten a little repetitive with Gabby. But with turning her face and splitting from Kennedy I've been wanting to change things up a bit and feel like I can now as well. I have a few different promo idea's but just haven't had the right match to use them in yet.

Stu St.Clair: The scene for the promo was really well set, gave things that St.Clair darkness to it immediately. The theme of hell and that note to open it where Stu writes about being told he'd go to hell is a great idea to run with for this match especially for a man like Stu. In hell he would thrive and what more hellish a match is there than Trial By Fire? The comparisons to some of history's madmen was chilling, its the cruelty of Stu that stands out the most in this promo. He seemed held back for the last year, it was a different side of him but this is that vile Stu once more. As expected he saved most of his venom for Gabrielle, whatever happens at this PPV and the afterwards it has been a very fun feud between the two of them. I quite enjoyed how Stu bragged that he would never sell out for money as well. It suits the character very well, he's self serving, he'd never do someone else's bidding and money to him doesn't compare to being The Snake. This is the sort of promo that proves that Stu is the best bastard/monster the FWA has ever had and one of the greatest period. You haven't lost a step after all these years, its just made Stu a better character and those faint glimmers of humanity in him when he mentions Jenny and Micah just further that. Bravo Stu.

Ryan Hall: Another great beginning to a promo, the crumbling castle fits the bill of Ryans view on the FWA. Instantly it makes the promo a big deal ,its not just about the match, its about the FWA and why Ryan has defected (other than the fact he's a doodyhead). This promo just felt big right from the get go, your style of writing does that, you always make Ryan Hall seem so epic, for lack of a better word. He's deep and thoughtful and very conniving and this promo really did feel like it was the prelude to the FWA;s Trial By Fire not just a match for its Championship. It was clever to while using the castle as a metaphor for the FWA also using physical representations within it of Stu and Gabs falling apart and then destroyed at Ryans hands. This was a very meaningful promo from start to finish and you never lost sight of the theme and tying everything to that.

I'll do some more reviews in the coming days, but anyone who reviews mine will get a review in turn.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Dealing with an illness right now duders, reviews to be edited in here though.

Wolfie: Very interesting promo. Has the usual intensity that Wolf has but I am used to reading about how Wolf will tear people from limb to fucking limb etc but I am not quite used to reading about Wolf exploring his inner self and making heartfelt statements about the FWA. This is a very interesting Wolf to see and I think you played it well here, you seem to be able to know Wolf too well seeing as you can probably give him any gimmick and yet have him retain the intensity of his usual promos. Reading this promo made me feel like it was a standard Wolf promo yet it was so different. Wolf definitely is bringing it to PAJ and shows a lot of loyalty to the FWA, a perfect anti hero promo in my opinion and one that would be tough to beat.

Stevie: Predictable route with the mythology etc but you made it work. Sometimes it can be confusing to read your promos because of the constant switching of tenses. At that, I enjoyed the promo, Stevenson is obviously making a habit of calling Hall and other a yes man and you kept to it. The attack on the Gods thing worked really well. I think me and you are similar when it comes to promos, you like to use your words alot and you prefer to do talking which is something I like too. I have noticed that your scene setting has definitely improved and Stevenson is getting closer and closer to being the complete package.

Whyte Thundaaa: Very creative for sure. I feel that although the promo is clearly split into segments - it still flows as one. The first segment with Salum sets up the whole promo, the fact that Kennedy isn't there is a fact that you've used to your advantage quite well. I found the middle section with Lucy a little confusing but i've managed to wrap my mind around it somewhat. And I feel that after the Baxter segment, is where the promo gets really good because we get to hear the real Golden's thoughts on Chris Kennedy. The last paragraph was the strongest part of the promo IMO and I enjoyed it alot. Great work d00d.

Mackenzie: greatest promo ever obviously. I suppose you managed to fit Mackenzie's personality into one line for a jobber promo so well done on that haha.

Ayla El: Same as above really.

PAJ: I haven't read too many PAJ promos in all honestly. But I loved this and you have matched Wolf all of the way, it's a great example of why Jimmy King should be hailed for saving the FWA. I feel that the promo was alittle short but at the same time, it sort of worked. I think the reason why it feels short is because you have massive chunks of dialogue separated by a sentence of scene setting usually. It's still a great promo but I think more work on the scene being set could be nice. Although I understand that some promoes don't need scenes, and I feel that here you worked best with your idea - the idea of the whole promo was really damn good and I enjoyed it, made me interested in PAJ for sure.

Gryphon: The start of the promo with the dialogue betwen Gryphon and his girlfriend was a bit weird. Felt a little forced and awkward. The first lines he says to his dead wife were nice, nice to mention Glasgow! I felt that the second half of the promo was much stronger than the first when Gryphon started to talk about his wrestling career. It was interesting to get a little backstory. You describe scenes very well also and overall I felt that this promo could have been better if maybe some parts were omitted and you focused more on the wrestling. But that said, it was a good piece of work and it's a close match with you and Stevenson.

Stu: Oh boy. Stu really brought it this time. Absolutely amazing in my opinion, as always though. It was a little long however. You don't waste any time in getting to it and you always have a shit ton of things to say, the Stu of old was clearly present and this clearly means alot to him. I obviously expected a theme of fire to come into it so that wasn't a surprise but you made it work really well - I enjoyed everything Stu had to say, I didn't stop reading until I had finished it completely. It was intriguing and it was Stu St. Clair.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 12-16-2013 at 12:12 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Wolf: Another awesome promo from you which I have come to expect. The great thing about you and TGO as well is your promos don't have to be long to be excellent. I usually go through great detail to get my point across but you manage to do it in half the words most of the time. The beginning was excellent, the quality you put into it stood out the most to me as you must know by now, I am a huge fan of alliteration and word play. This was a deeper and more insightful piece than your usual but you still pulled off the same slow rise to aggression you're known for with this character. You start out deep and then slowly raise the questions before tearing it all down with pure aggression, it's what makes Wolf such a great character.

Golden: This is the creativeness and uniqueness that I always expect from you in big match situations. You have your comedy and your stories but this is the stuff you excel at. This reminds me a lot of your Payback promo against Ryan Hall in the sense you escape from reality and use the future and past to your advantage to truly nail your point into the head of the reader. I get excited when I read these types of promos from you because it's just so far out from left field that it really freshens things up from the usually set scene, monologue, close scene template that has taken over the FWA. This was a world title winning promo and even if Kennedy promo I think this would of toppled him.

Quinn: Probably your best Quinn promo to date. I admit I haven't read some of them from when I wasn't staff and focused on other things but this was a good promo and a good step up for Quinn win or lose. The locker room is a played out scene and so is using the pictures but you didn't hide the fact that you were going for simple and focusing on your dialogue to take the highlight of the promo. I see what you were trying to do with Quinn referring to himself in the third person but I couldn't help but think back to Drazin and maybe you could find a more creative way to convey his complex and self worship in the future.

Rondo: I know you mentioned something about leaving out the explanation of the dream sequence because you thought it would be too long but I disagree. It wasn't too long at all and you easily could of fit that in. Although I don't mind the lack of explanation because it leaves things open to the viewer. The comedy parts through me off a little as I think you should of went with a slightly more serious demeanor as everything else was well done. This was another unique take on a promo and a creative and fun read. It was a great promo but like a lot of your Rondo work I feel like there was only one thing missing that could of made this a simply amazing promo. You're so close and I want to see you take that next step. It's work like this that makes me think it's right there in front of you ready for you to grab it.

More to come, I wanted to cover some of my favorites this week, as well a people who are reviewing others. Don't worry Matt etc. I will get you too.

God of Destruction

Status

Ryan Rondo: This was the kind of creativity I endorse. The idea with a little devil and a little angel is good but the fact that you used it aginst someone like Shane who talks to to his unholy side in his promos is great. When it comes to promos people like to go over the top just to score few points in the creativit department but it turns out bad in the end. This promo was relevant. The greasy Rondo should have been more heelish cuz he didn't strike me as a bad person. Maroon Monsoon was handled in whiter than white fashion as he should be handled. The ending was ominous adn made me wonder what is going to happen. i know what are the storyline plans for the two of you and I won't spoil it here I just want to say that the promo played the storyline perfectly.

Shane McLean: The beginning when you said this is not a Drew Stevenson promo after you opened the promo in a Steve fashion was genius! I got a good laugh thanks to Bobby Thunder. The dialogue between Shane and Unholy Shane felt very real. When you talked about betrayals and FWA it felt like one of those great jabber promos where he makes Ash look like the best good guy out there.
    Last edited by Wolfs Rain; 12-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Boobage Expert

Status

Gabrielle: Why does this feel also kind of what Beyonce was basically saying to her competitors after she dropped her secret album. As Gabby says she is indeed an icon for the ages and this promo does a terrific job with not elevating Gabrielle and then pointing out that that's exactly the point, she doesn't even really need to say why she's the best she is just that good. This was a very well done rp that I felt hit all the right notes. Usually Gabrielle rps are full of sexual innuendos and sexual...sex but this one had a nice balance of sexy talk/descriptions and unsettling accounts and or literary images. This was great.

Vincent Blackbird: Did you know that Sokolov wasn't going to rp? Because if you didn't know it would not have taken much for your opponent to run through Vincent like wet tissue paper. This promo had some interesting flickers of inspiration and Vincent is built up to be a tough SOB in the limited material you give. Anyone will tell you, I'm not a big fan of long rps but this was just so flimsy for a guy who gets so much creative control over his storylines. Vincent has all the potential in the world to become a bonafied mid-upper card threat in the year 2014 but it won't happen unless you saddle up and find a real hard hitting feud.

Jethro Warren: The more and more we learn about the Jethro character the more and more I like him. You may have stayed a bit too long with the hospital admin and the police officer but afyter all that brutality to have Jethro talk about feeling more alive than ever was great. What a nice way to start the meat of the rp. I also think it's ncie that you are clearly defining Jethro as a bruiser, a body man. He's not a technician, others use chisel he uses an axe. And that's just fine with me.

Ryan Hall: Excellent promo dude. Using the castle as a setting, I actually feel like it's a rarely used promo setting amazingly. I think the metaphor of being a king or the throne is used a bit but not actually used in this capacity. Good use of history to draw parallels with the match. Ryan Hall definitely reminds me a bit of that Aleander the Great type, barbaric in battle but a strategist, historian, politician and conqueror. This storyline with King has never made it so more clear, except MAYBE Unholy Uprising. But this has been big for Hall, when we look back at his career one day the King/Hall alliance will go down as one of the greatest moments of his career and one of the greatest in FWA history. And this line was just gold I must say: "It's had some awesome feuds over the years and even gave birth to legendary stars like Ryan Hall, Ryan Hall and don't forget about the The Inferno... Ryan Hall!" Bravo.

Alexander Askerov: Wins the award for the most plucky Russian in the history of the FWA. I hope to learn more about this character, you had a tough task this week having to go against opponents you know little about, and also having to establish yourself with little to build off of that has happened in the FWA. But I like where you're going, I hope to see more from you. Maybe add in more descriptions, let us really connect to Askerov, I already want to just because he has such an optimism that is rarely seen in the FWA these days.

Christian Quinn: Continues to grow as a character and impress me. I liked this rp quite a bit. You took the routine rp of bringing up different objects and using them to symbolize and then humiliate your opponent but what stood out to me is that these are characters Quinn has little to no history with and yet you made it seem as if Quinn had been watching their tapes since they were in the indies.Your final little paragraph about seeing into the future for some reason made me want to pick up a sign and say "THAT'S SO CHRISTIAN!" and then sing It's the future he can see! But I didn't because I'm at work.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Tag Team Specialist

Status

I did and this was mostly to set up what happens at the end of the match

[I WIN]

The Franchise

Status

Sorry for the delay in review guys... Just been extremely busy with work and all that...

Again, if you're up for it, would love to hear some reviews and critiques on my promo. Matt, your up first because I promised you and you reviewed mine.

Sally - I miss the hell out of Zaire. Lt. Wyoming as a babyface is still one of my favorite FWA characters of all time, but man, your promo is really dark... I love it, don't get me wrong... There's just raw emotion just dripping off of it. I love the context I love the execution... It's beautiful, it's dark, poignant, It really endears me to the character even more... Easily one of my favorite promos I've read that you've done. The only thing I'm worried about is it's more about Sally and Zaire than her match at Trial By Fire. But dude, absolutely love it.

---

Wolf - Spike Gif... Automatic win... lol. Nah man, I fucking love your intro... You etch this vivid picture, without really setting a scene. Really unique take on things. And not to mention, it's all verbiage... no scene, no visual metaphors... just an intense promo... I'm guilty as hell of it, but a lot of FWA promos set a physical scene and setting up a metaphor in regards to the promo and it's really refreshing to see something different. I really have to hand it to you in that regard.

Drew - First off... I just love the fact that you and I were on the same wavelength with calling out our opponents as fake wrestling characters... Us #WastedTalent brothers got to stick together. That's where the comparison ends though... You pulled it off a million times better than I did. The comparison worked better with Gryphon's gimmick and not to mention the X-Division as a whole. Again... your promo just really works well, you kept your scene important throughout the promo... I'm going to continue to say this every week. Your promos are intense and you're easily one of my favorite characters to follow week to week.

Whyte - I really like the concept of the promo. Again, very out of the box concept. I like the, sort of off-kilter dream-like pacing. Kinda jumpy in some places but not too major. Very nice read.

Mackenzie - Boo... hate one line promoes

Brethren El - More one line promoes...

PAJ - Much like Wolf's all talk, really no scenery or metaphors... All business going into this match. The only real complaint is the end is a tad weird... Where did the children come from? lol Nothing major obviously... but its a traditional one camera set up for interview... Where did the children come from? lol You would've seen the children, which probably would've ruined the final bit. These are the types of useless things that keep me up at night. Everything is solid. Wish you would've done more with the penthouse and describing the scene... but the dialogue is spot on.

Jayson - I'm kind of at a loss... You go from sort of behind the scenes kind of "slice of life" dialogue straight into a straight up promo against Drew. It just seems kind of off without any sort of transition. Is the whole thing a scene? Is Jayson just rattling off a promo without camera. Obviously I know where you're going with this. Food for thought obviously... It would be prudent to differentiate between the two. Again, your verbiage is spot on... Just the execution of getting to the verbiage is a little off.

More reviews tomorrow. I got a full day off. So I should be able to knock out the rest.

Tag Team Specialist

Status

@Princeton = Very good promo though there were a misspelling here or there.

@Sally = I agree with what Jethro said above, though I am curious if "Dr. Cole" is the Alternate Reality Version of Michael Cole

[I WIN]

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I will be doing As lot of stuff tonight for show, including many promo reviews, once I get home. I wanted to say first off I read and graded these RPs at a Subway somewhere just north of Miami while dreaming about a girl on the cruise I'll never see again. I must say this: that NA-TV title match was one of the most competitive and closest matches I've ever had the privilege of grading. I had to read big a second time to determine which I thought was better.

Rondo: You came to me beforehand asking whether your RP concept would work. I didn't want to give too much advice because I felt it possibly unfair so I said it would work. Honestly, I was a tad skeptical. You fucking nailed it. Chris Stallings as a judge was unexpected. Maroon Monsoon as your angel was awesome. The back and forth worked so well. The opening passage of what the angel tells and what the devil says was so "Wolf-esque" and I LOVE when Wolf opens with an introductory and exit passage. I hoped you'd give the devil a name so I could buy into it and truly "hate" the devil in this story. That's the purpose, right? To hate the devil in this debate. I think putting a name and face that we know on this person would work. I also felt some (few parts) of the devil's speech was corny. Maybe a little too "personal." If anyhing, I'd rather the devil to have the classy and well-spoken speech because that makes me feel more like a salesman trying to scam. And I'd want the angel to speak real and personal. Those are minor quips and this was an awesome ducking promo and free so long of you and I working together and reinventing tag team RPing, I loved watching you go on your own and blow me away with not just creativity but deliverance. Many promos are creative but only some can pull them off effectively. You did just that.

Spain McBang: The back and forth between Shane and Unholy Shane is becoming my favorite read of any show. I look forward to your promos which is the best compliment someone can give. It is Ashley O Ryan's character depth and uncanny ability to grip you with an untainted style and remarkable translation of common speech and conversations that we all share every day. Going through the pro-FWA guy who may turn as the third man and stopping at Princeton was a good use of the side storyline and acknowledging it. In some respects, I think you took too long to approach the Rondo subject but once you did, you kept to form and didn't run him down or build him up too high. You made your opponent worthy while keeping yourself slightly above him, which is legit. In some ways, I think Rondo don't talk enough about Shane's qualities and stayed too heavy on his inner conflict. You were vice versa, I think focusing too much on Rondo's qualifications, the "third man" and ignored some of Shane'ss character aside from Unholy Shane seeming to not even get the real Shane anymore. This was still an incredible promo and while it lacked in straight-up creativity, your unique style and "real" portrayal of speech serves as creativity in itself.

Thread Information