Kazushi Sakuraba and Yuji Nagata Vs Daniel Graice and Rolles Gracie

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
    Rob Conway (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima

Toru Yano & X vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton X Benjamin

King of Destroyer Match:
    Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale

* Winner of the Match must win via KO, Ref stoppage or Submission

--------------------

The Dome Show's probably big enough to have it's own thread. That's all that's announced at the moment according to their website and other sources, Shibata/Goto and Fale/Makabe seem all but confirmed too at this point.

Anything standing out about this card? Is there a match you'd like to see added? Someone mind filling me in on who the Gracies are?
    Last edited by Jim; 12-17-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Re: Wrestle Kingdom VIII - January 4th 2014

The Gracies are just two of the lesser known members of the Gracie MMA family (Gracies are basically the GODS of MMA with the original Gracie being credited as to creating Brazilian jiu-jitsu). Sakuraba's gimmick in MMA was being the Gracie Killer as he defeated a few different Gracies.

It's great to finally see a Junior Title match again. Hopefully Ibushi wins so there isn't any doubt that we'll be seeing more title matches.

WAKE UP

Status

They've done a pretty good job keeping Tanahashi and Nakamura apart from each other over the past year or so, so them going at it again actually feels kinda fresh now. I fully expect Naito to win the main event, or else he becomes another Goto.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I love that poster. I do wonder why Tanahashi (I think it's him anyway) is stroking Okada's face though.

I may actually manage to watch this show now I've eliminated all WWE but NXT from my weekly wrestling schedule.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I fully expect Naito to win the main event, or else he becomes another Goto.
    In some facets. But the difference between this and Goto years ago is the majority of fans are openly against Naito winning the title. I actually think Naito's going to lose this and things have gone so badly with his push that they're seeing if fans will vote he and Okada out of the main event and really just a very underwhelming wrestler in general I wouldn't be surprised if we see him disappear for awhile from prominence on the cards. He's really in "no-man's land" right now and having him win the title now is a bad idea if they still want him to be a star for them in the future.

There's good and bad on the card thus far. I'm waiting to see how some things play out through December. I could see either Suzuki/X winning the tag league or a Suzuki singles program (Ishii) breaking out during the tournament. Also could see a legends match forming. Think it should be a pretty good show overall.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I'm not as low on Naito as Zero is, but I wouldn't say I'm super excited for the Naito/Okada title match. Underwhelming is a good way of describing him, seems to have done nothing but face Yujiro and Tanaka endlessly since he won the G1. If nothing else, at least we get a fresh match-up.

I'm really excited for Hashi/Naka as it's the first time I've seen them have a singles match together. The Young Bucks have been great since they stepped in the NJPW ring for the first time, and they've helped freshen up the JR's tag division, that 4 way sounds like great and a culmination of the last 12 months with the three challengers constantly fighting each other for the belts. Fingers crossed Ibushi beats Devitt too and that division gets built up in 2014.

I don't care for the Gracie tag match.

Surely Ishii's having a match on the card, he can't be pre-show again after the 12 months he's had. Singles match with Suzuki would be best, but they'll have a tricky way of sorting that out as they are in different blocks for the Tag League, so they can only clash in the final, which seems unlikely. My tip to win the Tag League is Karl Anderson and his parter Luke Gallows, because Anderon always gets the Tag titles gig at WK.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Mixed bag on the card, imo. Main event has a possibility of being good, and I am ready for Tanahashi/Nakamura even though I haven't been impressed by Nakamura in a while. Four corners tag is going to be crazy fun or crazy bad. Hopefully Ibushi takes the Junior title. Can't wait to see how the rest of the card fills out over the next month.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

It's kind of nuts thinking the Young Bucks are going to be defending champions at the Tokyo Dome. I agree that Nakumara vs. Tanahashi feels almost fresh(Where it really shouldn't seeing as though they've definitely wrestled over 200 matches against each other). Other than this month, they've only wrestled each other maybe 5 times in really unimportant tag matches, at least from what I remember, that's some good booking. Those are the two matches I'm most looking forward to along with Devitt vs. Ibushi as Ibushi's probably my favorite Junior in the game right now and I'd love to see him get the belt.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Young Bucks (c) Vs Time Splitters Vs Forever Hooligans Vs Suzuki-Gun

I really want the Hooligans to hold the some tag team gold again, I'll probably check this out the next day somewhere.

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 12-01-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Rob Conway did a Japanese interview recently hinting at an NWA Title defense for the Dome show. He also said he wanted to be on the fan vote for the main event of the show. His logic: "IWGP Title is the number 1 title in Japan, but the NWA Title is the number 1 title in the world. So I have to be the main event."

Scumbag Role Model

Status

And Rob Conway is the number one person I would not want on a show.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

The whole NWA thing in NJPW can fuck off. Conway hasn't had a good match in any of the ippv's they've had, and now they've got that Jax Dane guy with him in the tag league who's even worse.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Guess who won the main event poll and almost doubled the other match's votes?

Spoiler:

Tanahashi vs Nakamura - 20,422 votes

Okada vs Naito - 11,886

...After this debacle i'm expecting both Naito and Okada to get depushed quickly after this show. Poor Okada.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Well that was predictable. Sucks for okada and Naito that they let it go to a vote.

ADDED MATCH:

IWGP HEAVWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Killer Elite Squad Vs BulletClub (Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows)

Fancy that, the tag titles contested by 4 under appreciated NA wrestlers. That's about as interesting a tag title match they've run all year.

superkek party

Status

Can someone help me discover where to get these on torrent or even a way to buy them on DVD? I'd like to start watching stuff like IWGP, NOAH, NJPW, etc.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Here are the other announced matches, Ed. Full card's been confirmed.

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima

Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & X vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton X Benjamin (Doesn't this kill Shelton's gimmick? Also thinking X is MVP to play off of Black Dynamite or Kendo Kashin since he was Yano's partner awhile ago and would get a good pop.)

King of Destroyer Match: Togi Makabe vs. Bad Luck Fale
    * Winner of the Match must win via KO, Ref stoppage or Submission

Special Singles Match ~ Hirooki Goto Return Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Admin in Lockdown

Status

If X isn't Ishii I'm gonna rant. It probably isn't because they'd just come out and say it if it was a CHAOS teammate. MVP is a good shout.

Fuck off Conway, nice for Kojima to have a match because he's been pretty good in 2013, but it's always a dull affair against Conway.

makabe/Fale is ugh, sounds the worst match of the show to me.

Goto/Shibata will be good, but it should be Ishii/Shibata III

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I was thinking that they might bring a legend like Chono or Muto in to tag with Yano too. No matter what, get ready to rant I guess.

It could have been worse with Conway. It was rumored to be vs. Tenzan. Still though, that's a bathroom break if there ever was one.

Totally agree on the Fale match. He sucks. I don't hate Makabe in this kinda brawling style, but they coulda done a lot better than this. Shoulda done Makabe vs. Kazunari Murakami in an empty arena cage match imho.

It shouldn't be Ishii/Shibata III at all. Firstly, why would you want another Ishii/Shibata match? Yeah, the first match was pretty great but their KOPW match was poor at best. They're better off letting the first match be it's own thing, at least for a long while. And even if for some reason you liked that match too, Ishii's basically a level below guys like Yujiro and Yano in terms of his spot on the card at this point. Shibata vs. Goto would have probably gotten more votes than Okada/Naito on the main event poll.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Really good return match set up for Goto. Should be a good one.
    -------
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Might be a bit dated, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of this:

WHERE'S THE FUCKING BEER?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information