Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 1985

Thread: Random FWA Discussion Thread

  1. #1961
    God of Destruction
    Wolfs Rain's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    100338
      Country                    Slovak Republic

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    I remember when it was created. It was by Chris/Cryonix. The story:

    Writer A posted a promo against Writer B.
    Writer B posted a promo and rebutted everything said by Writer A
    Writer A went and re-wrote the promo. It was a day later.

    Good times
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."


  2. #1962
    An Enigma of God!
    King David's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    264

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    I remember when it was created. It was by Chris/Cryonix. The story:

    Writer A posted a promo against Writer B.
    Writer B posted a promo and rebutted everything said by Writer A
    Writer A went and re-wrote the promo. It was a day later.

    Good times
    Those were the days indeed. And it's been some years since being back here for me. But very nice to see FWA and CWA still going strong.

    Join The Clique! Join the CWA!

  3. #1963
    The Mayor of Slamtown
    Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,585
    Rep Power
    291050

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who's been writing matches for all the shows. Jiggy, Shake, Wolf, TGO, Jimmy King, An Original Name and Sully all do a phenomenal job writing outstanding matches to showcase the characters you all create. That effort does not go unnoticed and if I had any better way of showing my appreciation to you, I would. You are all godsends.

    I have had one person that's had to drop out of matchwriting duties due to life getting busier and that's fine. Big time thanks to Wolf for providing us some amazing matches over the past year. Major thank you to AON to agreeing to take on a but more. Still looking for someone that I can use as a backup in case someone needs the show off. Just looking for one person to answer the call here. If you feel you might be able to help out, let me know and thanks again!

  4. #1964
    "Above Average"
    Codename Bags's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    43081
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    I told Kaizen about a week ago that if you guys ever need anything, I'd love to help out. I'm open for whatever needs to be done.

  5. #1965
    The Mayor of Slamtown
    Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,585
    Rep Power
    291050

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Awesome, bud! I'll keep in touch with ya. Thanks so much!

    Also, we're putting the finishing touches on the show at this point. Just got the last few segments in and we've just got to fuse it all together. Thanks for your patience and hard work, but it'll be worth the wait!

    Spoiler Alert: Mike Garcia defeats Ryan Rondo (again) in the surprise Main Event.

  6. #1966
    "Above Average"
    Codename Bags's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    43081
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    So I know I really don't have any business throwing out ideas or anything like that, but I've been putting a lot of thought into this over the last week or so. And I'm just gonna throw this out there. If it's a dumb idea, oh well. But I think it definitely makes sense. So here goes.

    I've noticed over the last year that I've been part of this E Fed that it's inevitable that on every single show, there are extension requests for RPs. In my opinion, asking for RP extensions can be used to an advantage. Do I think people here use that as a strategy to gain an advantage? I don't know and I'm definitely not throwing out accusations on anyone. The reason I bring it up is that if I ever were to need an extension, I know that in using that extension, I would take the opportunity to read my opponent's RP and see exactly what I need to do to beat them. If I see how much they do, then I know what I have to do. Make sense? My suggestions is that either,

    A.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent automatically receives an extension as well.

    Or

    B.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent has the option to submit an RP to the staff instead of in public, that way there is no unfair advantage.

    And if you're wondering why I think the timing of the RPs matters, it's because I for one like to look at what my opponent has done, if they've posted before me. I generally like to get mine out of the way early on, so it usually doesn't even effect me anyway. But this is just a thing that's been on my mind lately.

    Did any of this make any sense? Is it just a dumb idea?


  7. #1967
    MC Mitchy D
    Slick Mitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    5,916
    Rep Power
    376964
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    So I know I really don't have any business throwing out ideas or anything like that, but I've been putting a lot of thought into this over the last week or so. And I'm just gonna throw this out there. If it's a dumb idea, oh well. But I think it definitely makes sense. So here goes.

    I've noticed over the last year that I've been part of this E Fed that it's inevitable that on every single show, there are extension requests for RPs. In my opinion, asking for RP extensions can be used to an advantage. Do I think people here use that as a strategy to gain an advantage? I don't know and I'm definitely not throwing out accusations on anyone. The reason I bring it up is that if I ever were to need an extension, I know that in using that extension, I would take the opportunity to read my opponent's RP and see exactly what I need to do to beat them. If I see how much they do, then I know what I have to do. Make sense? My suggestions is that either,

    A.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent automatically receives an extension as well.

    Or

    B.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent has the option to submit an RP to the staff instead of in public, that way there is no unfair advantage.

    And if you're wondering why I think the timing of the RPs matters, it's because I for one like to look at what my opponent has done, if they've posted before me. I generally like to get mine out of the way early on, so it usually doesn't even effect me anyway. But this is just a thing that's been on my mind lately.

    Did any of this make any sense? Is it just a dumb idea?
    The opponents always receive an automatic extension
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat


  8. #1968


    Sicario's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bo$$town
    Posts
    7,014
    Rep Power
    344235
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    The opponents always receive an automatic extension
    I can't speak on behalf of FWA, but in CWA they do for sure. You can't punish one side of the match for forgetting to ask for an extension when their opponent did.

    ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

    *You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

    SIGN UP NOW!

    - - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.



  9. #1969
    ozzyozyakup10
    Oz's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Izmir
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    14255
      Country                    Turkey

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    The opponents always receive an automatic extension
    They only do if it's a title match, as far as I know.

  10. #1970
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    5,874
    Rep Power
    618478

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Title match or not, you get an extension if your opponent gets one. You can not have an extension if your opponent has already promo'd.





  11. #1971
    "Above Average"
    Codename Bags's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    43081
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Title match or not, you get an extension if your opponent gets one. You can not have an extension if your opponent has already promo'd.
    Case closed. Lol I just didn't know. Thanks for the info.


  12. #1972
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,890
    Rep Power
    214942
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    You also have the right to submit your promo to the mods in private any time you want, although you're going to come off like a douche if you do that regularly.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  13. #1973
    "Above Average"
    Codename Bags's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    43081
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Roo's View Post
    You also have the right to submit your promo to the mods in private any time you want, although you're going to come off like a douche if you do that regularly.
    Just out of curiosity, why would that make someone come off as a douche?


  14. #1974
    HOSS MOD
    Cyrus Truth's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Posts
    20,432
    Rep Power
    97558

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would that make someone come off as a douche?
    The tradition is posting your promos in the promo thread for everybody to read and critique. When somebody regularly bucks that tradition for no real reason, it makes that person come off as a bit douchey.

  15. #1975


    Sicario's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bo$$town
    Posts
    7,014
    Rep Power
    344235
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    I just love how doing things the traditional CWA way comes off as "douchey."



    *Leaves thread after leaving an innocuous comment (not meant to offend), just something of interest to note.

    ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

    *You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

    SIGN UP NOW!

    - - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.



  16. #1976
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    108748
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    *Leaves thread after leaving an innocuous comment
    No such thing on the internet mate.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  17. #1977


    Sicario's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bo$$town
    Posts
    7,014
    Rep Power
    344235
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    No such thing on the internet mate.
    While I'm ruffling feathers, do you respond to PMs?

    I'm just kidding, but I will follow up with you later about some fed business.

    ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

    *You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

    SIGN UP NOW!

    - - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.



  18. #1978
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    108748
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Ah, Sorry mate, I wasn't aware you were paying me more than my actual job
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  19. #1979


    Sicario's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bo$$town
    Posts
    7,014
    Rep Power
    344235
      Country                    United States

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Ah, Sorry mate, I wasn't aware you were paying me more than my actual job
    Someone wants to make this more serious than it needs to be. I'm sure you have a job, but I see you posting here. So... what's the difference between this and sending a PM?

    Anyways, relax. Respond when you can. I was busting your balls. It's a game. Life always comes first.

    ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

    *You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

    SIGN UP NOW!

    - - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.



  20. #1980

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    16,705
    Rep Power
    693218
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would that make someone come off as a douche?
    It's because concealing your promo whilst everyone else posts their own is lame. It also comes across the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    I just love how doing things the traditional CWA way comes off as "douchey."



    *Leaves thread after leaving an innocuous comment (not meant to offend), just something of interest to note.
    I think TGO meant it in such a way that if someone was to hide their promo whilst others were posted then it'd be douchey. All PM system is fine cause erryone's doing the same thing innit


    ~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:






Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •