Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1867

Thread: Random FWA Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

All I'm saying is that if you have negative feedback then I would much rather hear about it. I can't do anything about it otherwise. You sit on your criticism and let it stew then all it's going to do is breed negativity and you'll get more annoyed at it when nothing changes because you haven't spoken up.

Only triggered to make that post because today, I got a double whammy - one of feedback that hasn't been relayed to me at all regarding an apparently 'offensive' thing and one that tells me someone lied to me about certain things. I know what the issues are with both and both could have easily been cleared up if discussed with me. Both aren't recent issues and that's the majorly disappointing part. If you've got the stones to express a negative opinion to a member of the FWA then you've got the stones to express that opinion to me. It's not very good if people don't come to me with their problems. It tells me that, either, I am not trusted to handle it or they simply don't believe it enough to force the issue.

I am not pissed or upset about it. I'm stating these things for future benefit so people know that they can actually tell me if something's crap or not.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-18-2017 at 11:22 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I Can I Will|Believe That

Status

Ah... I miss e-fed drama lol. We all know I was a super toxic member of FWA, so let me just say that if you don't like how something's run, then bring it up with the mods. Gossiping behind their backs isn't going to do anything except get you pissed off more because nothing changes. FWA mods are the best. If they can put up with my shit, whatever complaints about FWA you have I'm sure they can handle.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I agree that there should be no punches pulled. Let's talk CC; Kazadi was low balled in a big way. No offense to Bell or AON who put out a good promo but Bell got scored like that cause it's Bell - same way people think Cy got high scored at CC last year. No knock AON, still third best promo comfortably. I (Danny Toner) am getting highlighted in a way I shouldn't be, my push is too good for what I do. Eyes didn't have a great showing, may have contributed to why he's after leaving, maybe no, just speculating.

That's me being honest. This is also honesty;

This is fun. This is a creative outlet. This is a game. Nobody (handlers/mods) is perfect. I don't expect perfection nor want it. Mods are doing a helluva job and so is a lot of the roster.

also I ain't a mod so this means jack
    Last edited by Tig; 05-19-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

THE 559

Status

Also can I just say BIB is still looking great, Shannon/Cy, PAJ/CK, big Parr match, big Bell match, big Kaz match. I think things are going swimmingly.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

I know my promos are lacking a looooot of the time but it's because I, personally, like to be concise, much to my character's harm. I don't take any of it personally and if it sounded like I was complaining on the Grade Averages, I didn't mean it to. I can understand you guys have done this for a while now and you know more about writing e fed promos than I would. I'm still fleshing out Starr's history and that's my fault. I joined a low members e fed to get a better handle on things and I finally got to the ~1000 words. And I'm getting there with the promo for Fight Night. So you guys are obviously influencing me to be better.

I don't have any malice for the fed mods and writers, and in my book you guys are fucking cool as hell.

------------------------

Heel Champion

Status

Starr: Thanks mate. I may be new at this booking thing but I know any amount of appreciation means the world to the team. And you're improving every week, brother. Go out and take advantage of this World Cup for the X Division title.

Tig: Yes, we've all had our complaints about grading from time to time and there was controversy at last year's CC too with Kennedy and Cyrus. But its 100% subjective and when you have a roster of talented writers, of course not everyone is going to agree on who is the best. The subject of revamping the grading system has been brought up and remains a possibility.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I agree that there should be no punches pulled. Let's talk CC; Kazadi was low balled in a big way. No offense to Bell or AON who put out a good promo but Bell got scored like that cause it's Bell - same way people think Cy got high scored at CC last year. No knock AON, still third best promo comfortably. I (Danny Toner) am getting highlighted in a way I shouldn't be, my push is too good for what I do. Eyes didn't have a great showing, may have contributed to why he's after leaving, maybe no, just speculating.

That's me being honest. This is also honesty;

This is fun. This is a creative outlet. This is a game. Nobody (handlers/mods) is perfect. I don't expect perfection nor want it. Mods are doing a helluva job and so is a lot of the roster.

also I ain't a mod so this means jack
    I had Kazadi as a joint winner in my grades with Shannon. Enjoyed both promos a lot and felt both were the clear top two with Bell in third. CC was a chance for a lot of people to step up and break out and I feel Kazadi did that. I think some really missed the boat. This was a chance for someone to really showcase themselves. Also due to TGO and Sayer actually competing in the match, I had to get other people to grade so there's that also -- it might have been a case that Kazadi wins if TGO and Sayer grade instead and so on. One grader actually had Rondo winning but Rondo's grades were discounted because I decided him winning CC would make no sense in the grand scheme of things. I still wanted to promo though and develop the character. It came down to a Bell-Shannon tiebreaker. Shannon won.

As for the Toner stuff, I don't think you're being highlighted too much. Sayer actually came up with the whole Toner showing up late thing for lolz. But it's not like you're being rewarded with anything substantial or having a significant boost up the card. I think everyone's in their rightful place but I'd guess some disagree. Based on promo ability, I think main event/uppercard-wise we consist of Cyrus, Rondo, PAJ, Bell, Shannon and KAIZEN with Parr, Kazadi, Toner and Garcia the sorts that can make the step up. I feel more comfortable with this sort of level than I did a while ago where I felt that a lot of divisions were shallow. Now I only think the womens and tag division is really shallow but I would prefer that to the NA/World title scene being shallow.

You're right, it's a game and e-fed can be fun when you come together with good ideas/good characters and stuff. But as a mod, I have to make sure everyone has fun and things are dealt with properly. It's not something I can do if people aren't forthright with their thoughts. I do this for fun, myself, but if it ever becomes a burden, I will instantly step away. My competitiveness has died somewhat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Also can I just say BIB is still looking great, Shannon/Cy, PAJ/CK, big Parr match, big Bell match, big Kaz match. I think things are going swimmingly.
    Yeah, we were discussing the BIB card a while ago and I realised it's pretty stacked top to bottom. Though plans have changed due to Eyes' departure -- originally we were gonna do Olympians vs Eyes and Ted, Sanada vs Allure for the tag and women's belts respectively but now we're having to scramble something together. It will be fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by ONAMStar View Post
    I know my promos are lacking a looooot of the time but it's because I, personally, like to be concise, much to my character's harm. I don't take any of it personally and if it sounded like I was complaining on the Grade Averages, I didn't mean it to. I can understand you guys have done this for a while now and you know more about writing e fed promos than I would. I'm still fleshing out Starr's history and that's my fault. I joined a low members e fed to get a better handle on things and I finally got to the ~1000 words. And I'm getting there with the promo for Fight Night. So you guys are obviously influencing me to be better.

I don't have any malice for the fed mods and writers, and in my book you guys are fucking cool as hell.

Thanks. As I've said to you, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine once you get used to it. People like to be concise and they often are early on but I think they grow into it eventually and find that they can write alot. It's just a case of not writing alot for the sake of writing alot. I know people might think length = winning but it's more a case of finding the right length for the promo and hitting notes. If I can think of things you should have said or expanded upon, for example, then I know it's not the right length. Works in reverse too if you find yourself repeating shit or just droning on and on and on and on or coming across like you're only writing long to try and win. It's just about balance.

As far as the grade averages stuff goes - nah, that was fine. We usually expect people to voice concerns over grade averages when they are posted. I don't get offended at stuff like that.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-19-2017 at 08:03 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Status

This is a post that is separate from what's going on in the thread and it's regarding the mod situation that is going on currently. It might be somewhat of a long post.

----

So last year, we made SuperSaiyan a mod. He had been grading stuff, pitching in with work and handing out reviews and whatnot. All around, doing a really great job. He was a really good addition to the team and we were getting shit done as well as getting along with everyone. He messages me at the beginning of December to say he has personal shit going on and will be taking a small break until 2017 starts. I say that it's ok and that me, TGO and Matt can hold down the fort, it's no biggie - the worst loss would be his characters in the e-fed world. As we got to 2017, I decided I'd wait until the end of February for him to get back. I was pretty sure that he'd come back as I didn't think he'd sketch on us due to how pushed his characters were and that he seemed sincere. Granted, I don't know if extra stuff has happened but I can assume that he sketched on us. That sucks.

Anyways, as we've gotten further into 2017, we've been a little busy. Matt has become extremely busy as time has gone on and his time for the FWA has become less and less. Me and TGO noticed this fairly early on but because the FWA is Matt's, we were going to wait for him to tell us that he doesn't have the time anymore rather than force the issue. It didn't feel right. Matt did his best to help out where he could but real life was taking over. So quickly, me and TGO were the only ones left and up until recently, it's been me and him really for the majority of this year trying to get shit done. I'll even say that TGO has likely put in the bigger shift than me. We decided to try and find a new mod so that we had an extra pair of hands but, and this isn't meant to offend anyone, I wasn't confident in a lot of choices. My top choice was KAIZEN but he told me that he wouldn't have the time for it due to not really following alot of storylines closely and thus not being able to grade effectively. He has helped out with writing though. Next, I had the idea of Jon but I knew he'd be too busy with school. Jimmy King and Cyrus were suggested and well, at the time, we had decided that that the CWA and FWA should merge. This was actually being planned for post BIB. Jimmy would come in and be a match writer whilst Cyrus could become an extra grader. It meant we had one guy specifically focusing on one thing whilst me and TGO acted as all arounders. I also truly believed that both feds might need the merge. However, Jon offered to step in and take over the CWA and the plans for a merge have died down because Jon is starting to shape the CWA in his own way and take it in a different direction and that's totally cool.

Jimmy stepping down also meant I wouldn't ask him to mod FWA as I thought he might be burnt out. Cyrus has told me he'd be willing to grade but I am unsure if that has changed due to still being involved with the CWA. If he is fine with it, I am fine with it.

We had very little option left, though. Tig was considered but I wasn't sure on it. A few others were considered but nobody really stuck out at me and I wasn't sure on anybody. Jiggy? Too busy with real life. PheTomenal? Had been a mod before and stood down so I wasn't sure if he was going to have the commitment. Sayer PMed me one day and offered a helping hand. I was skeptical at first but me and TGO decided that it could only help. I decided to give Sayer a practice run as mod up until BIB before whether I'd decide to make him full mod. However, Matt has recently decided to step down and has told us that his real life commitments are too much of a priority right now for him to be a full time FWA mod. This means that I've decided to make Sayer a proper mod - I'm sure you've all noticed that he's been welcoming new recruits recently as such. The decision was likely going to be to make Sayer a mod anyway as he has been writing matches, helping with booking and segments etc, just being very proactive and giving a good helping hand. He's proven himself. I won't go into details about Matt as I believe he wants to make a post of his own eventually to say his piece so I will leave that up to him.

Now, TGO will obviously know better than me but he stood down as head mod over a year ago now with a view to eventually not being a mod here at all. The day he decides to leave the mod team is coming sooner rather than later in my opinion and I will be extremely honest here when I say that I am not sure who will replace him. And this isn't me telling people we're keeping an eye on everyone for potential replacements -- we're always looking to see who's got potential so it's irrelevant. So when/if TGO steps down, just know that I very likely will not have someone ready to replace him and will be looking for someone willing to offer their services.

Furthermore, I will not be head mod for as long as TGO was. No chance. I do not know when I will step down. It won't be anytime soon, though, unless I'm forced out or I feel I have to. But similar to my point about TGO - right now, I have no idea who would be a good person to take control of the FWA. When I feel I am on my way out and there's no clear person ready to step up then I will likely pick someone, ask them if they want it and then slowly transition over to them over a few months before they get full control and get used to things. That's my thoughts on it.

But yes, going forward the mod team is me, TGO and Sayer. We're the ones to talk to if there's anything going on etc. There's no need to PM all three of us or anything if you wanna message us, one person being messaged means that they'll inform the other two and so on.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Jon fucking up plans since day one

I'll admit I have a hard time taking Sayer seriously but I'll have to rework that mindset and treat him with a bit more respect. Hope FWA keeps working swimmingly on the mod side.

"Fook Your VIP"

Status

Sayer has been nothing but nice to me I trust he can deal

Status

This announcement is fake news

King of Gifs

Status

Me reading all of this and being confused as hell.

"Fook Your VIP"

Status

Join the club mate

Heel Champion

Status

I know this is a few days late, but I wanted to take the opportunity to thank both TGO and PowerfulShake for giving me this opportunity. I know that I haven't always acted like it, but I fucking love this place and want to see it succeed in every way possible. There are issues that we need to work out. I'm not trying to 'save' the FWA because I don't believe it needs saving. I believe the problem is simple. Communication just needs to improve in all aspects.That's going to be my goal here. I want you all to become more involved.Not necessarily through match writing, promo reviews, or Open Promo, though those things would be nice. I want your ideas.I want you to be the ones with your fingerprint on your character. Now,having said that,just because you do pitch ideas doesn't mean that they'll be utilized. But I will keep in contact with you to find something that works between what we need for the shows/feuds and what you want for your characters. Id like to see people utilizing the news section more. Write up faux interviews that give us insight into your characters, write up little interactions between characters or faux dirtsheet reports. If youre wondering what I'm talking about, take a look atsome of the stuff Positive Jon has posted in there. A little bit of participation and some tweaked communication and folks, this place will be top notch. We have an amazing booking team. We have elite writers. We have the tools to be the best. Let's make it the best.

Keep up the good work and let me know how I can help.

Heel Champion

Status

For the record, if any of our new signups know of anyone else that's looking for a place to E-fed, tell them about us. Suggest signing up as a tag team because there's more opportunity for success there right now. The more people involved, the more enjoyable the FWA is. Cheers.

Jobber

Status

About to go to bed, but this just popped into my head so I'm just gonna leave it here and see what you guys think: a discord server. I don't know about you "newer guys" but the guys from PWS can attest how helpful it was to have the shoutout box (when is wasn't taken over my idiots). I think it would be cool to set one up and be able to go there and just talk about the shows, ideas, and just talk. Private channels could be set up for just the mods, or graders, or match writing. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be back on here in about 7-8 hours.

SOS Brigade Member

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Cam JS Yens View Post
    About to go to bed, but this just popped into my head so I'm just gonna leave it here and see what you guys think: a discord server. I don't know about you "newer guys" but the guys from PWS can attest how helpful it was to have the shoutout box (when is wasn't taken over my idiots). I think it would be cool to set one up and be able to go there and just talk about the shows, ideas, and just talk. Private channels could be set up for just the mods, or graders, or match writing. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be back on here in about 7-8 hours.
    We actually did have one for a while I believe (actually we still might). I think it's just that a select few are ever in there.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

Heel Champion

Status

If any of you have or could download the free WhatsApp app, and trusts to give your information to TGO, that's pretty much what some of us are doing now.

Jobber

Status

Sounds good to me. Who all currently uses it?

Heel Champion

Status

Positive Jon, myself, TGO, Tig, KAIZEN

Thread Information