Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2139

Thread: Random FWA Discussion Thread

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Random FWA Discussion Thread

there is an internal schedule that we follow. the next PPV will be announce during our upcoming one.

Fight The Power

Status

Re: Match Writing

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    i have an alibi to add: for everyone submitting matches through WCs PM system, please sumit your writeups with Tahoma font, size 2. its actually helps alot during the fusion process. thanks!
    No bihhh. Comic Sans size 5

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Young Gunz

Status
      Country                    United States

Hey FWA e-fed peeps, I wasn't 100% sure if you all had an official logo or not but I had time on my plane ride home to put together two logos that could be used for Fightnight and pay-per-view cards. They're pretty easy to edit if anyone wants to customize and make it their own. Anyways, the logos are posted below.

Hail To The King

Status

Like the yellow one alot good job man

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Indy Talent

Status

Updating Starr into his Shaman look
    𝖍𝖚𝖗𝖙 // 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖑

x x x x x x x x x

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

So what happens in the unlikely event of a tie in a group?

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    So what happens in the unlikely event of a tie in a group?
    kayfabe explanation here

IRL explanation: if its a two-way tie, whoever won the head to head will advance. if its a three-way tie/the two-way tie head to head was a draw, then whichever RPer had the highest total score in their 3 group stage promos added together will advance.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

There is something that the mods forgot to address pertaining to last weeks show and its something that does need to be addressed to prevent further situations. As mods it is our responsibility to make sure that all promo guidelines are met and that everyone is held to the same standard. However, we also understand that when you all are so good at following guidelines sometimes there are some things that slip between the cracks.Last week, an RP was submitted that was edited two hours after first being posted. According to the rules, written by the previous mod team, that is grounds for a Disqualification. However, we felt since the rules have not been broken for a while and therefore our of everyone's minds, that it would not be fair to DQ a promo for that. Also, KAI, Shake and I are of the opinion that with all the work you guys do for us and the effort you put in...the last thing we want to do is tell you that your promo doesn't count.

This is the way the editing rule will be handled from here on out.

1) You have a 15 minute grace period after posting to fix coding/formatting issues.

2) If this is your first offense, you will lose one point off your promo.

Second offense is a disqualification.

We need you all to understand that this rule exists because one mod may grade the promo right after it goes up and it could affect the presentation grade on the promo. Also, there may be other changes made besides formatting.

Just a heads up, guys, to let you know the change in punishment so we avoid any confusion and we are fair to all parties in the future.

Thank you.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I remember when it was created. It was by Chris/Cryonix. The story:

Writer A posted a promo against Writer B.
    Writer B posted a promo and rebutted everything said by Writer A
    Writer A went and re-wrote the promo. It was a day later.

Good times
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

An Enigma of God!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    I remember when it was created. It was by Chris/Cryonix. The story:

Writer A posted a promo against Writer B.
    Writer B posted a promo and rebutted everything said by Writer A
    Writer A went and re-wrote the promo. It was a day later.

Good times
    Those were the days indeed. And it's been some years since being back here for me. But very nice to see FWA and CWA still going strong.

Join The Clique! Join the CWA!

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who's been writing matches for all the shows. Jiggy, Shake, Wolf, TGO, Jimmy King, An Original Name and Sully all do a phenomenal job writing outstanding matches to showcase the characters you all create. That effort does not go unnoticed and if I had any better way of showing my appreciation to you, I would. You are all godsends.

I have had one person that's had to drop out of matchwriting duties due to life getting busier and that's fine. Big time thanks to Wolf for providing us some amazing matches over the past year. Major thank you to AON to agreeing to take on a but more. Still looking for someone that I can use as a backup in case someone needs the show off. Just looking for one person to answer the call here. If you feel you might be able to help out, let me know and thanks again!

"Above Average"

Status

I told Kaizen about a week ago that if you guys ever need anything, I'd love to help out. I'm open for whatever needs to be done.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Awesome, bud! I'll keep in touch with ya. Thanks so much!

Also, we're putting the finishing touches on the show at this point. Just got the last few segments in and we've just got to fuse it all together. Thanks for your patience and hard work, but it'll be worth the wait!

Spoiler Alert: Mike Garcia defeats Ryan Rondo (again) in the surprise Main Event.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

End Of FWA Year Kudos Thread

Welp. Back In Business has come and gone, And as we all know, The big Wrestlemania event is new years and the reset button all in new and now the cycle begins anew, so I thought it’ll be fun while we’re in this rest period to look back at the year that was and see what everyone thought.

For me personally, It’s been….a little dramatic, post last years Back In Business coming off a crushing lost I thought that might be it for Bell especially coming off a few high profile losses and then by the next PPV. World championship Funny how things can turn around just like that, Some things have gone awry, some have worked out great, much to my surprise in all honestly. If you asked me a year ago, I would tell you there would be no way a Bell Connelly heel turn would EVER work, and I got to be honest; For the longest time I thought I made an awful mistake, but when the Kennedy partnership thing happened. THEN things took off, and I think I’m in a good place with it all.

Wrestler Of The Year: This is going to be somewhat of an outside the box choice, I feel the obvious choice is Cyrus….for being Cyrus really, Three title wins. Same year is awe-inspiring, and there’s a reason he’s been the king for so long;

But sorry Cy, I can’t give it to you. Because no one has exploded and no one has put in more work then Starr. He may not have won any titles, but God damn Starr has won my heart, and I don’t think I’m the only one. I

When you consider where he was last year, his rise has been nothing short of spectacular, has there ever been a more effective face turn then Starr’s? Just shows what a slight adjustment and some world class promos can do for you to the point where I’d feel sorry about being the one to stop him winning the world title. He’s everything a face wrestler should be when think we were all rooting for Starr to make it to the GP finals. That if our wrestler don’t get through We all want to Starr to win

Tag Team of the year: I mean……..It has to be Oz/The Sin City Vultures, doesn’t it? If this thread takes off as I hope, I feel like this is everyone’s vote for Tag Team of the year, and no disrespect to the rest of the tag team, but Oz’s has utterly dominated the division. It’s not even close. And what makes it more impressive, in some years I feel like to be the tag champs you just need to be consistent because activity in the tag rank tends to fluctuate, but no one can use that excuse or say that Oz hasn’t earned that title. When someone goes through a tag team tournament where ALL the members of the roster are sorted into a tag team, and you come out the other side still with the belts? You are a special, special writer. I mean, I would even make the argument that Oz came into that with a handicap considering the majority of the tourney was made up of two separate writers combing and Oz was all on his lonesome. Let’s put that in perspective; To win the tourney he faced me and TGO and Shake and Jiggy, that means not even the COMBINED efforts of four former world champions couldn't take him down!

God help us all when he breaks into the single ranks, I would not be surprised if one of the Vultures wins the world title by the next BIB

Best Match: FWA Tag Team Championship - SCV vs Chris Kennedy/Ryan Rondo: What’s not to love? Super close. Well written match. High Stakes. All good.

Best Promo: Exile Chronicles: Volume 27
    "The Dance of Strings"

Peak Cyrus Truth. Great description, ominous setting and of course a pitch-perfect speech when Cyrus gets going no one can out talk him

Best Face: See above for my thoughts on Starr but if I had to pick someone else, it would be TJG mostly because I love what he's been doing with his dude, and I do enjoy big explosive powerhouse, good guys

Best Heel: #MAGA WOLF

What do you think? Whose the MVP? Whose the top face, top heel ETC?
    Last edited by An Original Name; 07-28-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

creatively drained artist

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Re: End Of FWA Year Kudos Thread

Wow, that's the nicest thing somebody said about me for a long time. I feel touched. <three

For MVP, I'll go with the obvious choice: Cyrus Truth. He's great. An iconic character in this e-fed universe and he's still alive, kicking, winning world championships and defending it at the biggest stages. Kennedy, Bell and Shannon had their times to shine this year but in general, Cyrus was the brightest of them all.

For Tag of the Year: I'm not going to pick myself. Even though I achieved far more then what I expected, I still think it will be arrogant to pick myself. So I'll go with Phillip A. Jackson Project, for the fact he beat me and took the titles off me. Tom boomed me. He's so good (x4). But that tag tournament has shown us pretty cool teams too. Tig's DFB beat me too. Then we had heavy hitter teams like Bullets & Bubblegum or Rondo & Kennedy. We had the most likeable team in Rockstarrz I&I. It wasn't the best year for the tag teams...(Olympians going inactive, Jon leaving the site before BFG going big and lack of tag team title matches. I had the belts for 11 months and I only defended the titles thrice, two of them being against the same team blah blah blah)...but we still had positives in the tag tournament and I wouldn't call it a bad year for tag teams.

For Best Match: I want to go with Cyrus vs Kennedy because that's the dreamiest dream match of them all and the writing quality in that was very good. Oh and I like the Izzy vs Hans match in the Anniversary show too, because I've written it.

For Best Promo: This year brought us lots of great promos. The two that stood out were Shannon's and Rondo's in last Back In Business. If they don't count then I'll go with Starr's promo in Mile High. Those three were either brutal, artistic or realistic.

For Best Face: Starr. Honestly he was the textbook example of a perfect likeable underdog until the spiritual shaman thing came along. ONAM still pulls the spiritual thing off well but his face stuff until that gimmick was top-notch.

For Best Heel: I would've picked WOLF if he was an Erdogan supporter instead of Trump. Jokes aside, WOLF is a great heel...but I'll go with Shannon. She had the best heel turn, the best heel promo(the one in FN which started with dropping the accent), and the best heel character. She had a great impact on both FWA and me.
    Last edited by Hermes; 07-28-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

"Above Average"

Status

So I know I really don't have any business throwing out ideas or anything like that, but I've been putting a lot of thought into this over the last week or so. And I'm just gonna throw this out there. If it's a dumb idea, oh well. But I think it definitely makes sense. So here goes.

I've noticed over the last year that I've been part of this E Fed that it's inevitable that on every single show, there are extension requests for RPs. In my opinion, asking for RP extensions can be used to an advantage. Do I think people here use that as a strategy to gain an advantage? I don't know and I'm definitely not throwing out accusations on anyone. The reason I bring it up is that if I ever were to need an extension, I know that in using that extension, I would take the opportunity to read my opponent's RP and see exactly what I need to do to beat them. If I see how much they do, then I know what I have to do. Make sense? My suggestions is that either,

A.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent automatically receives an extension as well.

Or

B.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent has the option to submit an RP to the staff instead of in public, that way there is no unfair advantage.

And if you're wondering why I think the timing of the RPs matters, it's because I for one like to look at what my opponent has done, if they've posted before me. I generally like to get mine out of the way early on, so it usually doesn't even effect me anyway. But this is just a thing that's been on my mind lately.

Did any of this make any sense? Is it just a dumb idea?

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Codename Bags View Post
    So I know I really don't have any business throwing out ideas or anything like that, but I've been putting a lot of thought into this over the last week or so. And I'm just gonna throw this out there. If it's a dumb idea, oh well. But I think it definitely makes sense. So here goes.

I've noticed over the last year that I've been part of this E Fed that it's inevitable that on every single show, there are extension requests for RPs. In my opinion, asking for RP extensions can be used to an advantage. Do I think people here use that as a strategy to gain an advantage? I don't know and I'm definitely not throwing out accusations on anyone. The reason I bring it up is that if I ever were to need an extension, I know that in using that extension, I would take the opportunity to read my opponent's RP and see exactly what I need to do to beat them. If I see how much they do, then I know what I have to do. Make sense? My suggestions is that either,

A.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent automatically receives an extension as well.

Or

B.) If someone asks for an extension, their opponent has the option to submit an RP to the staff instead of in public, that way there is no unfair advantage.

And if you're wondering why I think the timing of the RPs matters, it's because I for one like to look at what my opponent has done, if they've posted before me. I generally like to get mine out of the way early on, so it usually doesn't even effect me anyway. But this is just a thing that's been on my mind lately.

Did any of this make any sense? Is it just a dumb idea?
    The opponents always receive an automatic extension

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    I can't speak on behalf of FWA, but in CWA they do for sure. You can't punish one side of the match for forgetting to ask for an extension when their opponent did.

creatively drained artist

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    They only do if it's a title match, as far as I know.
    Du bindest einen Blumenkranz...
    ...wieso siehst du so traurig aus?

Fight The Power

Status

Title match or not, you get an extension if your opponent gets one. You can not have an extension if your opponent has already promo'd.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast

Thread Information