Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC Babyface Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

WC Babyface Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

With the WC wrestling awards coming up next month this is the place to discuss the contenders for babyface of the year

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC Babyface Of The Year Ongoing Discussion

This is pretty much the Daniel Bryan award.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

~Phenomenal~

Status

Well, it's Bryan or Okada, and I guess Bryan's had the stronger babyface reactions from the crowd.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Daniel Bryan once again easily

May very well be the most popular in the WWE right now

HOSS MOD

Status

There's really no other babyface that was as over as Daniel Bryan this year. Hands down.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah i agree with everyone here.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well, it's Bryan or Okada, and I guess Bryan's had the stronger babyface reactions from the crowd.
    Uh... Okada's a heel dude.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    I was gonna say that. How can you vote anyone not named Tanahashi out of NJPW as best babyface?

In terms of crowd reactions, Bryan wins hands-down. If we're grading based on actual character-work and such. These last couple of months have not been kind to him and I could probably think of better overall this year.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

He made pointing your fingers and hands in the air, Daniel Bryan has given WWE it's code blue it needed right now!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

~Phenomenal~

Status

I can't think of one match this year where Okada wrestled as a heel, he wrestles clean and normally against heels, fuck even in the tanahashi matches it's 'hashi who's using the heel tactics. With the rise in bullet club and Suzuki-gun, Chaos are as good as faces because they've been feuding with them, Okada, Naka and Ishii in particular have been getting strong face reactions all year.

People's Champion

Status

I think it is most definitely Daniel Bryan. He has gotten the crowd behind him every step of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dude Abides

Status

I can't think of one match this year where Okada wrestled as a heel, he wrestles clean and normally against heels, fuck even in the tanahashi matches it's 'hashi who's using the heel tactics. With the rise in bullet club and Suzuki-gun, Chaos are as good as faces because they've been feuding with them, Okada, Naka and Ishii in particular have been getting strong face reactions all year.
    See this is why you shouldn't watch the stuff, it's in Japanese and you don't have a fuckin' clue what they're talking about or what's really going on. One of you thinks someone is a face, one thinks the guy is a heel, but it's not really clear one way or another. You're just going off of what you can make of what's going on.

(I'm just razzing you guys, lol. Hell, you could be watching it with English subtitles and know exactly what's going on for all I know. I just thought it was a kind of funny observation to make since you guys obviously see it differently)

Face of the Year though? Daniel Bryan is the obvious favorite but I think no matter who is hot year to year John Cena must be heavily considered.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Okada was certainly not a heel in 2013. Thanks to the likes of Suzuki-Gun and BulletClub, Okada was positioned into the role of a babyface more than once this year. Perhaps you can make a case that he's not a full blown face either, but he most certainly isn't still a heel. Hell, establishing that was the entire purpose of the Okada/Suzuki title match.

WAKE UP

Status

Haven't watch all Okada title matches, but he was definitely the heel in every one I did see. The ones vs Tanahashi, Makabe, and one or two other guys. He is a prototypical "cocky heel". Lots of posing and taunting, he draws heat, is often the one working the big heat section, etc. Just because he works heel doesn't mean anything - it's puro, the only dudes who don't work clean are the ones who need props.

Haven't watch all Okada title matches, but he was definitely the heel in every one I did see. The ones vs Tanahashi, Makabe, and one or two other guys. He is a prototypical "cocky heel". Lots of posing and taunting, he draws heat, is often the one working the big heat section, etc. Just because he works heel doesn't mean anything - it's puro, the only dudes who don't work clean are the ones who need props.
    Have you seen the Suzuki match? There was absolutely NOTHING heel about that. Like Ed said, even the Tanahashi matches, Okada didn't really do anything heel like. In their last match, it was Tanahashi who slightly heel'd up. Okada's character is cocky, but that doesn't man he's been a heel throughout the year. 2012 Okada = Heel. 2013 Okada = Face/Tweener.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Okada was certainly not a heel in 2013. Thanks to the likes of Suzuki-Gun and BulletClub, Okada was positioned into the role of a babyface more than once this year. Perhaps you can make a case that he's not a full blown face either, but he most certainly isn't still a heel. Hell, establishing that was the entire purpose of the Okada/Suzuki title match.
    The thing with puro booking is that its often circumstantial. A guy can be a heel in the grand scheme of things, but be thrust into the role of babyface when working against an even bigger heel. They are still a heel in kayfabe, but for that one match they will be the babyface. This is what Okada has had a couple of times. Ishii is *technically* a heel, but is very popular and often works as a babyface because he is so often an underdog facing more established opponents.

When was the last time Ishii did anything heel like? Dude's probably the most obvious tweener New Japan has.

I really don't see how there's any proof that Okada's still a heel when New Japan so clearly has two heel factions that are serving the purpose that CHAOS used to fill.

~Phenomenal~

Status

This is what Okada has had a couple of times
    I can't put my finger on anything heelish Okada's done all year Steve. That's a bit more than 'a couple of times'.

I kinda get what you're saying, but I don't feel it applies to Okada this year.

WAKE UP

Status

Haven't seen the last Tanahashi match, but he was definitely the heel in the others in their series and the Makabe matches. Being a heel isn't just cheating, it's about how the matches are laid and the role they play. Was he the guy who we were meant to be cheering for? Nope.

Was he the guy who we were meant to be cheering for? Nope.
    You can easily say yes for several of Okada's matches this year, most noticeably the Suzuki match. Honestly, go watch the final Okada/Tanahashi match. I feel like one of the big year long stories was New Japan turning Okada into their top babyface while Tanahashi was busy dealing with an Irish lad with an attitude problem. They accomplished this by having Okada deal with the large heel faction of Suzuki-Gun (That includes KES, not just Suzuki), the huge cheater that is Prince Devitt and a Tanahashi that resorted to faking an injury in order to a cheap shot at Okada. A match like the Makabe title defense practically doesn't matter as it was a filler match that didn't play into the bigger story.

Thread Information