Release Date: December 31, 2018
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Director: Not Available
    Screenwriter: Not Available
    Starring: Brad Pitt
    Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: WorldWarZmovie.com

Plot Summary: No plot details available.

-----------

Not shocking there is a sequel to this movie.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: World War Z Sequel (TBA)

Do you know, I was really down on the first one when I saw the trailers, and the fact that it had Brad Pitt as the main attraction totally had me avoiding it, but my Mum's boyfriend rented it and I was bored and thought I'd give it a go and I've got to say, it's far better than I expected. There were some moments where the zombie attacks were a little bit overkill and the ending was a little anti-climactic even if it was pretty fucking cool, but overall I really enjoyed it and I can definitely see myself getting into a sequel. I'll tell you what it was that won me over as well; it was the bit when he got Zombie in his mouth and he freaked about it thinking he'd get infected! I've always thought that would be logical and wondered why no one ever panicked about it in other films and shows featuring Zombies and when they had that in it I marked the fuck out and even though he didn't get infected I loved that the thought had even occurred and from that point I was pretty much in.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Paramount Hires Director for "World War Z" Sequel

Paramount Hires Director for ‘World War Z’ Sequel
    After making $540 million at the worldwide box office, Paramount and Skydance Pictures have worked fast to find a director for the sequel to “World War Z” with “The Impossible” helmer Juan Antonio Bayona coming on board to direct.

Brad Pitt is expected to return to star and produce with David Ellison also producing for Skydance. No writers are attached at this time.

In the original, Pitt played a former United Nations employee who travels the world trying to stop a zombie plague.

While the first film’s production was overshadowed in controversy that included a rewrite of the third act, the film overperformed at the box office, propelling development on the sequel.
    Bayona, who also helmed “The Orphanage,” is repped by CAA.
    Variety

superkek party

Status

Re: Paramount Hires Director for "World War Z" Sequel

Honestly.. Haven't seen the movie, so my opinion doesn't really matter..

BUT.. Other than money.. Why would you make a sequel to an apocalypse movie?Especially if it's about the same person.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Roray View Post
    Honestly.. Haven't seen the movie, so my opinion doesn't really matter..

BUT.. Other than money.. Why would you make a sequel to an apocalypse movie?Especially if it's about the same person.
    I have seen it... and there is absolutely no reason other than money to make a sequel. :P

superkek party

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    I have seen it... and there is absolutely no reason other than money to make a sequel. :P
    Figures. :'c

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

$$$$$ just $$$$$

Why on earth is a sequel happening when it should stand alone as it's own. I saw the last hour of the movie, it wasn't great. Another boneheaded decision.

Status
      Country                    United States

World War Z Sequel (TBA)

Never surprised to see a sequel, but the first was pretty average.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Maybe it's because I expected the first one to be awful, but I actually ended up really enjoying it. I really liked the way the whole thing developed, although it felt like half a movie and it hasn't surprised me that they've commissioned a sequel.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Maybe it's because I expected the first one to be awful, but I actually ended up really enjoying it. I really liked the way the whole thing developed, although it felt like half a movie and it hasn't surprised me that they've commissioned a sequel.
    I expected it to be awful... and it was probably even worse than I expected. :P

I also was a big fan of the book, so when I first heard they were making it into a movie I was intrigued, but the more I heard about it the less and less interested I became.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I never read the book but I can understand fans being disappointed from what I've heard about it and how different the film turned out being.

superkek party

Status

I never read the book but I can understand fans being disappointed from what I've heard about it and how different the film turned out being.
    Which sucks, considering that going different from a book/comic/different variant is a 50/50 chance, hit or miss.. in this case, a miss.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Roray View Post
    Which sucks, considering that going different from a book/comic/different variant is a 50/50 chance, hit or miss.. in this case, a miss.
    For some it was a miss, for others it wasn't. Like I said, I enjoyed it, and I think that a lot of that had to do with the fact I didn't read the books going into it. Given that a) there's more people that haven't read the books than have, and b) there's now a sequel in the works, I'd say the studio calls it a hit. Personally, I quite liked the weird pacing of the movie and considering I dislike Brad Pitt in almost everything (Burn After Reading and Inglorious Basterds notable exceptions to that rule) and I didn't hate him in this, I'd call it pretty decent overall. Not great, not terrible.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

For some it was a miss, for others it wasn't. Like I said, I enjoyed it, and I think that a lot of that had to do with the fact I didn't read the books going into it. Given that a) there's more people that haven't read the books than have, and b) there's now a sequel in the works, I'd say the studio calls it a hit. Personally, I quite liked the weird pacing of the movie and considering I dislike Brad Pitt in almost everything (Burn After Reading and Inglorious Basterds notable exceptions to that rule) and I didn't hate him in this, I'd call it pretty decent overall. Not great, not terrible.
    I'd say so too, particularly when one considers the movie made about $350 million worldwide after making back it's budget. Even allowing for another $50 million on advertising, it still did really well and should continue to sell well in the home market. Meanwhile, having been one of those who read the book first and then saw the movie, I honestly didn't have too many problems with the way it played out. Sure there were things about the movie I would have changed to more accurately reflect scenarios in the book, but the finished product still gave me the feeling I had while reading the novel on which it was based. So at least in my mind, I'd say it was a successful adaptation and I'm more than open to the sequel.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Bruce Willis Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'd say so too, particularly when one considers the movie made about $350 million worldwide after making back it's budget. Even allowing for another $50 million on advertising, it still did really well and should continue to sell well in the home market. Meanwhile, having been one of those who read the book first and then saw the movie, I honestly didn't have too many problems with the way it played out. Sure there were things about the movie I would have changed to more accurately reflect scenarios in the book, but the finished product still gave me the feeling I had while reading the novel on which it was based. So at least in my mind, I'd say it was a successful adaptation and I'm more than open to the sequel.
    But... the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the book other than the title...

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny View Post
    But... the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the book other than the title...
    I guess I was speaking more thematically than actual word for word dialogue or scenarios. I haven't read the book in a couple of years but if you'd like I'm sure I can find some more direct examples of similarities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I guess I was speaking more thematically than actual word for word dialogue or scenarios. I haven't read the book in a couple of years but if you'd like I'm sure I can find some more direct examples of similarities.
    I'm sure there's vague similarities, but that could be said about every piece of zombie fiction, but even the author of the book said the movie shared nothing with the book anymore except for the title.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: World War Z Sequel (2017)

PARAMOUNT’S WORLD WAR Z SEQUEL GETS A 2017 RELEASE DATE

Today, reporting that Paramount has set a release date for Brad Pitt‘s World War Z sequel. Barring any setbacks, it is expected to arrive in theaters June 9, 2017, the same weekend as Fox‘s Fantastic Four 2.J.A. Bayona is set to direct “World War Z 2,” which was written by Steven Knight. David Ellison‘s Skydance will produce with Pitt’s company Plan B Entertainment.Expect the “Fantastic Four” sequel to eventually move, as it’s extremely unlikely that Hollywood would release two high-profile sequels that cater to the same audience on the same day.

No word on the cast yet, but star Brad Pitt is expected to return. Additionally, Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) has been chosen to direct the sequel with Steven Knight (Pawn Sacrifice) penning the script.
    Interesting that they picked the same date as Fantastic Four 2. Someone is going to have to budge.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

They might move if Fantastic Four one like I know, is going to be do great at the Box Office. I think I might need to rewatch this film again, I haven't seen it since the movie first dropped.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    They might move if Fantastic Four one like I know, is going to be do great at the Box Office. I think I might need to rewatch this film again, I haven't seen it since the movie first dropped.
    The first World War Z grossed just a little less than both of the previous Fantastic Four movies combined. Not saying this new version won't do well, but I highly doubt it'll worry the execs at Paramount enough to change their release date. Not to mention, if Fantastic Four bombs (unlikely in the current climate but there's always a possibility), they may just scrap the second movie altogether.

Also, I know I'm probably the only one, but I'm sick of hearing something "dropped" in reference to it being released. HATE HATE HATE that expression.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 05-23-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information