Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Official Discussion

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Official Anime/Cartoon Discussion

Discuss any Anime, Manga you want here.It can be from Dragon Ball Z, to Naruto to One Piece.Hell talk about Pokemon the series you want here.Also put any news you want on upcoming shows, and if anyone is interested I have the DBZ movie Battle of Gods in my pocket, if you wanna watch? Let the destruction begin!
    Last edited by Jim; 11-13-2014 at 05:32 AM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: Anime Official Discussion

I've been wanting to see the new DBZ movie ever since you first posted the Trailer for it on here lol How is it??

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flock U View Post
    I've been wanting to see the new DBZ movie ever since you first posted the Trailer for it on here lol How is it??
    I must say it's probably the three best DBZ movies of all time, top to bottom I was into the movie.Want the link with the English subs Flock?

Real Women of Genius

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Sure gives me something to watch tomorrow while my wife starts her third (and hopefully Final) round of Chemo

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flock U View Post
    Sure gives me something to watch tomorrow while my wife starts her third (and hopefully Final) round of Chemo
    Alright pm coming, I'm sure you Wife will pull through!

Real Women of Genius

stressed but chillin

Status

Shouldn't it say Official Anime Discussion?

Also, I've watched a few animes (mostly on Netflix), but I don't really follow any that are currently still on.

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

A NEW DBZ SERIES YES! YES! YES! Wait it's a suggest, but yeah if you are in secret making the series for DBZ, WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER Akira Toriyama!
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 10-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I have to say, I was more into anime in my younger days like most folks but I still try to keep up with some of the "newer" stuff with the help of a little sister and video games like Naruto. But my area of expertise is older shows like Slayers, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, etc. If you like those shows you're getting huge brownie points from yours truly.

As far as the future of DB goes, of course i'd like to see Akira take another crack at the universe. Really just to see the series off in a positive way rather than what we got with GT. Even now though, he's busy and it's a tad farfetched that he'd come back after all this time away from the series. Right now, i'm just hoping for a dub of BoG and that step will be fine for me.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I have to say, I was more into anime in my younger days like most folks but I still try to keep up with some of the "newer" stuff with the help of a little sister and video games like Naruto. But my area of expertise is older shows like Slayers, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, etc. If you like those shows you're getting huge brownie points from yours truly.

As far as the future of DB goes, of course i'd like to see Akira take another crack at the universe. Really just to see the series off in a positive way rather than what we got with GT. Even now though, he's busy and it's a tad farfetched that he'd come back after all this time away from the series. Right now, i'm just hoping for a dub of BoG and that step will be fine for me.
    Sailor Moon fan hmm, so I'm I.Back when I first watched DBZ, you had to watch Sailor Moon in the morning, I heard that show was coming back.Whether it was re-runs or a new series, I would be happy with that.I think Akira seen the response overseas and the U.S from the Battle of Gods movie, and he's no dummy, he would make loads of money if continued from the movie.

Real Women of Genius

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

It's great to see other members of my fandom here! I knew Ika was one, but I didn't know if there were others!

Simple to say, I prefer Slice of Life's, such as Clannad, Angel Beats, and many others like that. But I still got a soft spot for actions, like Fist of The North Star, DBZ, and One Piece. Yeah, I've watched a TON of Anime's and I am always happy to see new ones I've never heard of, as long as they are within my spectrum of interest.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah SM's coming back. My understanding is that the dub of the Manga did well enough that they were making a new anime. But it's been delayed for a few more months. I'll be watching whenever it comes out though.

I'm a big fan of Angel Beats myself, Reap. It's a really great series for noobs to that style of anime simply due to shortness, and it had a way of taking what could have been a really crappy plotline and turning it around through the middle of the show and led to a truly bittersweet ending. (Especially for Yuzuru) Also the ending(s) leave a lot of room for interpretation as well. It really is a pretty great series.

Have you ever seen Fate/stay night? That's one of, if not my number one favorite visual novel game-turned anime shows, in line with Clannad and shows of that ilk.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

#GrimLove

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Have you ever seen Fate/stay night? That's one of, if not my number one favorite visual novel game-turned anime shows, in line with Clannad and shows of that ilk.
    I have not, but I should look into it, thanks for the suggestion of that show. Also with the new Anime coming, I've been just so busy with the others that I need to finish, including Little Busters!, Hayoire Nyaruko-san, The World God Only Knows, Date A Live, and Watamote, most of which came out this year, so I'll find a way to fit them inside! Again, thanks for the suggestion Zero.

Belgian Champion

Status
      Country                    be=Belgium

I'm more of a manga guy now. Since the IT-guys at my work blocked all the anime-streaming sites that i know of .
    The shows i used to watch were Naruto, Bleach,Hajime No Ippo, Death Note and DBZ. But the manga i read now are: Hajime No Ippo (boxing), Toriko, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, HSDK, Liar Game

Prince Of Joshi

Status

If your a fan of Pokemon, you'll love this new special.

Real Women of Genius

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Totally an anime/manga nut since it's what I grew up with and what I remember more than cartoons IE: Sailor Moon, Pokemon, DBZ, Digimon. One Piece has taken over as the best anime series I've ever watched, I kept on putting it off because the american dubs were so terrible and thus I thought the show was terrible but I was pretty wrong, the FUNIMATION dub and japanese subs are miles ahead and despite being a Naruto fan for so long, One Piece just took over. It's just so much better and does a nicer job of mixing Comedy/Action & Drama together. Unfortunately, it seems like the animators are a bit lazy with this one and Naruto takes the cake in terms of animation. That being said, there's tons of other less popular anime that should totally be given a watch, Death Note was great, Darker Than Black had an awesome plotline, Blood+ as well, Samurai 7 (a redo of the legendary movie) is pretty good too. FullMetal Alchemist is also a good one, both the original and the Brotherhood (which should technically be considered as the original since it's based on the manga). But there's like dozens maybe ranging past the hundreds of awesome animes I've watched that I'd totally like to watch agian.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Did you say Pokemon will, just to plug those episodes of Pokemonrigins, Red who is ASH in the U.S, is a way better character and more confident himself.The animations for the fights are way better, and the only thing I hate is various cut scenes from him getting his badges.They should of been longer, but you had 4 episodes to work with hey.I would hope they continue the story or we get a American version of this, because the Pokemon we have now is retarded.Ash is never going to age lol.

Real Women of Genius

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Did you say Pokemon will, just to plug those episodes of Pokemonrigins, Red who is ASH in the U.S, is a way better character and more confident himself.The animations for the fights are way better, and the only thing I hate is various cut scenes from him getting his badges.They should of been longer, but you had 4 episodes to work with hey.I would hope they continue the story or we get a American version of this, because the Pokemon we have now is retarded.Ash is never going to age lol.
    I just took this in. I was 2 years old when Pokemon was first created and I was 11. I am now 18 years old and Ash is still 11. I used to love the series but man, it's so terrible now.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon The GOAT View Post
    I just took this in. I was 2 years old when Pokemon was first created and I was 11. I am now 18 years old and Ash is still 11. I used to love the series but man, it's so terrible now.
    Yeah I loved the original series, Ash who had barely any skills but he had heart, and trusted his Pokemon to win.I like to see Ash go through life problems, like us Adults.I also hated when he let go of his Pokemon over the years, Red kept all of his 150 Pokemon.

Real Women of Genius

#GrimLove

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    If your a fan of Pokemon, you'll love this new special.

You, my friend are a good man, I've looked a long time for this, and now I just found it, thanks mate!!!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    You, my friend are a good man, I've looked a long time for this, and now I just found it, thanks mate!!!
    I know we have a great Pokemon following here, I gotta share the love your welcome.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information