Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Official Discussion

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Re: Anime Official Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ika View Post
    I have a handful of feelings for it, mixed and not.

Spoiler:

More Naruto talk no jutsu? Lame. But let's be honest, how else would he ever win anything? 9 times out of 10, he's not as strong as his opponent and uses plot armor. But hey, I think it's being done in a decent way, and let's be honest...to stop Madara, Obito will most likely be needed. I don't really know how I want the manga to go anymore, honestly. Anything that makes Madara look any less godly than he is is a huge no no in my eyes, as he is clearly superior to everyone else on the battlefield. Furthermore, I'll add in since I've typed so much..Itachi was clearly the greatest character in this series. Best developed, best story, most unique, never defeated (Except once on purpose), fought people while half blind and without using full power and destroyed them, fought Edo Nagato and won, while saving Bee and Naruto who couldn't stop him. Overcame Edo Tensei control...The list goes on. It's no wonder Kishi said in an interview he would have been able to beat Madara, and Hashirama said Itachi was the best. /end Uchiha fanboyism.
    Spoiler:

It was a decent chapter... More friendship Shounen bla bla stuff which anyone who has read the big three is already all too familiar with and also more talk no jutsu which isn't surprising. At one point in time the masked Tobi character was up and beyond my favorite character in the manga... Once he was revealed to be Obito his badass meter dropped like a meteor. As a masked character he was mysterious and that mystic along with him being behind the scenes of everything made him the most interesting character. Madara quickly overtook him as the final villian with his insane power, pure arrogance(which is really just immense confidence), and revelation that he is the true mastermind behind the events of the entire manga... along with the reason Obito is who he is. The manga is in a very funny place right now... how this plays out will either leave an ugly scar on the manga or being it's shining moment. It Kishi does decide to do a part 3 there needs to be a legit reason and the only possible one would be Sasuke who appears to be friendship no jutsu's once again. Although Sasuke choose to fight the Juubi... He never decided not to kill Naruto and if you recall a half a dozen chapters of so back he had Naruto marked out in his memory picture thing. He wants to erase the past (Naruto) and him doing it right after this immense battle with powerhouses like Madara and Juubito would be very anticlimactic.

As far as Itachi goes... He is by far the most versatile, smart(thought Shikamaru is technically smarter he is far weaker) and well developed character in the manga. However... Regardless of Kishi says... Itachi with his sickness without edo tensei would never be able to defeat EMS Madara.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I used to be a pretty huge Naruto fan but it's just died off for me. I follow it weekly obviously but One Piece overtook it as my favorite anime. I also watched the first season of Attack on Titan and it was incredible, one of the best animes I've ever watched. The only reason I give the nod to One Piece in that regard is just because I enjoy the fact that OP seems larger in scope and never-ending. Attack on Titan on the other hand kept my attention the whole time and unlike Naruto and One Piece, it's something I can see myself willing to wait a week to watch as opposed to those two where there's a lot of fillers, pointless flashbacks and horrible bouts of nothing at all happening.

Next on my watch list: Ao no Exorcist.

Not sure what comes afterwards.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

I will have to check out this Attack On Titan.

Has anyone here seen Durarara! or more importantly Baccano!! ?

Baccano especially is an amazing series... the story has no real starting point and no ending and has an ensemble cast where there is no real main character. Amazing work and only 16 episodes!

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

I've tried watching Baccano, TE, personally, I couldn't get into it.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by TE View Post
    Spoiler:

It was a decent chapter... More friendship Shounen bla bla stuff which anyone who has read the big three is already all too familiar with and also more talk no jutsu which isn't surprising. At one point in time the masked Tobi character was up and beyond my favorite character in the manga... Once he was revealed to be Obito his badass meter dropped like a meteor. As a masked character he was mysterious and that mystic along with him being behind the scenes of everything made him the most interesting character. Madara quickly overtook him as the final villian with his insane power, pure arrogance(which is really just immense confidence), and revelation that he is the true mastermind behind the events of the entire manga... along with the reason Obito is who he is. The manga is in a very funny place right now... how this plays out will either leave an ugly scar on the manga or being it's shining moment. It Kishi does decide to do a part 3 there needs to be a legit reason and the only possible one would be Sasuke who appears to be friendship no jutsu's once again. Although Sasuke choose to fight the Juubi... He never decided not to kill Naruto and if you recall a half a dozen chapters of so back he had Naruto marked out in his memory picture thing. He wants to erase the past (Naruto) and him doing it right after this immense battle with powerhouses like Madara and Juubito would be very anticlimactic.

As far as Itachi goes... He is by far the most versatile, smart(thought Shikamaru is technically smarter he is far weaker) and well developed character in the manga. However... Regardless of Kishi says... Itachi with his sickness without edo tensei would never be able to defeat EMS Madara.
    Spoiler:

I think the idea of Itachi beating Madara would be based a lot more on Itachi's brilliance. Shikimaru may be "smarter" but he makes more mistakes. Itachi doesn't make mistakes, really. But yeah, it's tough to scale Itachi fights, due to his sickness, eye damage, and fact he is honestly more of a pacifist.

Never liked One Piece.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Spoiler:

I think the idea of Itachi beating Madara would be based a lot more on Itachi's brilliance. Shikimaru may be "smarter" but he makes more mistakes. Itachi doesn't make mistakes, really. But yeah, it's tough to scale Itachi fights, due to his sickness, eye damage, and fact he is honestly more of a pacifist.

Never liked One Piece.
    Spoiler:

Legit Itachi is the shit, whether you like what he did as a character, Sasuke should really more patient, and smarter on the battlefield than a cocky son of bitch, maybe he could really pass his brother.I still don't count their last fight encounter, Itachi ran outta chakra.As for this weeks chapter, I'm thirsty for Madara to get involved, and let's say Obito last breathe comes helping the Ninja world in defeating Madara, the man thinks two steps ahead of people, Madara that is.

Oh I have a place where you watch this week's Anime from Naruto, any other Anime I could post the link here?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Narutospot is legit the best place for Naruto anime.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Funny that was the place I was going to say, intelligence runs deep in the people who post in this Anime Discussion Thread.

Real Women of Genius

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

I've always found I get along with other anime watchers, unless they are the stereotypical "Watch only 1-2 anime, hate all others, act really weird, yada yada" or whatever you want to call it. But those are the minority, I've found.

Figure I'll throw it out there...What got you guys into anime? What was your first real anime you watched? Into cons/cosplaying at all? Into manga, as well?

Clearly, I know a few here read Manga, but I thought I'd open it up a bit.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Figure I'll throw it out there...What got you guys into anime? What was your first real anime you watched?
    My siblings used to watch it all the time when Toonami was still showing plenty of good shows on Cartoon Network. The first Anime I watched was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... still my favorite Anime of all time. But I also used to watch DBZ all the time with my brothers, and boy was the Freeza saga long and boring as hell.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I've always found I get along with other anime watchers, unless they are the stereotypical "Watch only 1-2 anime, hate all others, act really weird, yada yada" or whatever you want to call it. But those are the minority, I've found.

Figure I'll throw it out there...What got you guys into anime? What was your first real anime you watched? Into cons/cosplaying at all? Into manga, as well?

Clearly, I know a few here read Manga, but I thought I'd open it up a bit.
    Well I was always into Martial Arts going back to Ninja Turtles, but the first Anime I was into was a show called Ronin Warriors anyone remember that show.I loved the action, everything about felt different than other cartoon I saw on TV at the time.I believe what maybe 95 in debuted on TV and landed on Cartoon Network soon after so I imagine I was probably 10 or 11 when I saw the show for the first time.I think without that show, Power Rangers I would of never given DBZ, or Naruto a watch.When it comes to Manga, just Naruto right now, but I'm always willing to check something new out.

Real Women of Genius

No One

Status

I've been watching Anime as long as I've been watching Rasslin', in other words, pretty much since I can remember watching television. Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade (or did that come later?), and Digimon were my first shows to watch and they pretty much all followed each other on YTV (which is kinda' like a Canadian cartoon network). Eventually Inuyasha started popping up and I'd watch that before going to sleep every time. Soon afterwards Naruto showed itself, and Bleach/Full Metal Alchemist popped up around the same time. Naruto hooked me the most and eventually I started watching that on the computer (which was the first anime I'd do so with) and when I had caught up completely with that, I started reading the manga because I was pretty impatient and that was my first manga to read as well. Afterwards, I just watched boat loads of anime and manga, rewatched them too, went back to things like Bleach and FMA which I either didn't originally like or completely spooked me (that FMA intro traumatized me a bit).

As for One Piece since someone mentioned never getting into it. It took me years to get into it, like probably 5-7 years before I finally decided to give it a go. Firstly, the 4KidsTV dub that introduced me to it made it terrible (besides the awesome intro), the animation looked bad and the drawing was unappealing. Once I got to watching it on the internet and actually getting deep into it then it pretty much beat out Naruto for me (which I had been on for at least or nearly a decade). The characters were more likable, the show was definitely funnier and despite the fact that's more lighthearted most of the time, it had some intense as well as heart breaking moments (which is what I definitely enjoyed about Naruto). The world felt bigger, the allies actually felt like they could probably manhandle Luffy (the protagonist) where as in Naruto, I felt none of them could compete with Naruto besides pretty much Sasuke. I mean maybe there are points where Lee, Neji and Gaara were on his level but he's just gone above and beyond past them.

I mean, I'm still a Naruto fan but with what's been going on lately, the writing just feels weak for me. Naruto should have totally gotten it's own discussion thread on here though :/

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

I would be down for a Naruto discussion and I agree the writing has been weak recently. Maybe 1 in 4 chapters are good at the moment and the chapters feel (at least to me) like they have slowed down to a crawl.

The first anime I ever watched was Dragon Ball Z (I was 5) and then Pokemon... Soon I was watching all kinds of things. Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball... leading into FMA and then the whole Toonami anime blocks. They had quite a few good ones, Samurai X/Rerouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and more but I am too tired to think of them all up right now.

Also to Hoho(who is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters along with "You know nothing" Jon Snow), yes Ronin Warriors was an awesome anime that I loved... both me and my brother watched it. I always marked out to the Inferno armor.

No One

Status

I would be down for a Naruto discussion and I agree the writing has been weak recently. Maybe 1 in 4 chapters are good at the moment and the chapters feel (at least to me) like they have slowed down to a crawl.

The first anime I ever watched was Dragon Ball Z (I was 5) and then Pokemon... Soon I was watching all kinds of things. Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball... leading into FMA and then the whole Toonami anime blocks. They had quite a few good ones, Samurai X/Rerouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and more but I am too tired to think of them all up right now.

Also to Hoho(who is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters along with "You know nothing" Jon Snow), yes Ronin Warriors was an awesome anime that I loved... both me and my brother watched it. I always marked out to the Inferno armor.
    That once in a lifetime moment when I'm among someone's favorite posters list.

I forgot to mention Gundam Seed & Gundam Seed Destiny as well as Saint Seiya (Knight of the Zodiac) among the first few animes I watched. Ronin Warriors, based off pictures alone, seems like Saint Seiya as well.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Well I was always into Martial Arts going back to Ninja Turtles, but the first Anime I was into was a show called Ronin Warriors anyone remember that show.I loved the action, everything about felt different than other cartoon I saw on TV at the time.I believe what maybe 95 in debuted on TV and landed on Cartoon Network soon after so I imagine I was probably 10 or 11 when I saw the show for the first time.I think without that show, Power Rangers I would of never given DBZ, or Naruto a watch.When it comes to Manga, just Naruto right now, but I'm always willing to check something new out.
    I've seen Ronin Warriors, I don't recall much of it though. Ever watched Samurai X / Kenshin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I've been watching Anime as long as I've been watching Rasslin', in other words, pretty much since I can remember watching television. Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade (or did that come later?), and Digimon were my first shows to watch and they pretty much all followed each other on YTV (which is kinda' like a Canadian cartoon network). Eventually Inuyasha started popping up and I'd watch that before going to sleep every time. Soon afterwards Naruto showed itself, and Bleach/Full Metal Alchemist popped up around the same time. Naruto hooked me the most and eventually I started watching that on the computer (which was the first anime I'd do so with) and when I had caught up completely with that, I started reading the manga because I was pretty impatient and that was my first manga to read as well. Afterwards, I just watched boat loads of anime and manga, rewatched them too, went back to things like Bleach and FMA which I either didn't originally like or completely spooked me (that FMA intro traumatized me a bit).

As for One Piece since someone mentioned never getting into it. It took me years to get into it, like probably 5-7 years before I finally decided to give it a go. Firstly, the 4KidsTV dub that introduced me to it made it terrible (besides the awesome intro), the animation looked bad and the drawing was unappealing. Once I got to watching it on the internet and actually getting deep into it then it pretty much beat out Naruto for me (which I had been on for at least or nearly a decade). The characters were more likable, the show was definitely funnier and despite the fact that's more lighthearted most of the time, it had some intense as well as heart breaking moments (which is what I definitely enjoyed about Naruto). The world felt bigger, the allies actually felt like they could probably manhandle Luffy (the protagonist) where as in Naruto, I felt none of them could compete with Naruto besides pretty much Sasuke. I mean maybe there are points where Lee, Neji and Gaara were on his level but he's just gone above and beyond past them.

I mean, I'm still a Naruto fan but with what's been going on lately, the writing just feels weak for me. Naruto should have totally gotten it's own discussion thread on here though :/
    Sailor Moon and DBZ faaaaar predate the rest you mentioned. I love Sailor Moon, and the original Dragonball. DBZ is eh..seen it too many times, not that solid of a plot. And GT was rubbish. Bleach I'm...semi-current...at best, and it's solid. Not as good as some, but still a solid 3.5/5 - 4/5 anime at most times. I love FMA a lot! Have you watched Brotherhood? It's 100% true to the manga, where as the original anime version of FMA went and completely changed most of the story.

Cowboy Bebop <3.

That once in a lifetime moment when I'm among someone's favorite posters list.

I forgot to mention Gundam Seed & Gundam Seed Destiny as well as Saint Seiya (Knight of the Zodiac) among the first few animes I watched. Ronin Warriors, based off pictures alone, seems like Saint Seiya as well.
    I've seen all the Gundam, and honestly, I just don't like them as much as I do other mecha like Escaflowne, Evangelion, Geass, etc. Saint Seiya was quite good, though.

No One

Status

Yeah, I do know they predate it, I really don't recall watching certain shows ahead of others. I'm born in 1995, so by the time I was actually focusing on what was watching, lotsa' them had been on television I believe. I completely forgot about Escaflowne, include that in the list! That was one of my first shows to watch as well. I watched Code Geass by my own will when I got deep into Anime.

I think that DBZ gets a lot of blind love because it was a lot of people's first exposure to Anime or at least main exposure to Anime. Plot was super basic and while I enjoyed it at the time, I highly doubt I could rewatch it. I enjoyed Bleach but then Aizen got inexplicably over powered and after his whole arc ended I completely stopped following Bleach. I do know FMA completely changed things up and I did watch Brotherhood. That being said, I think both were equally awesome. Despite FMA being changed up from the original, it was still a great show despite that, which is rare for shows that do those changes, and Brotherhood was just as good. Lotsa' people will have differing opinions on which is better but I honestly enjoyed them equally.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I started watching like a lot of people with Sailor Moon and DBZ, Toonami and all that jazz. I was a big fan of those shows but without internet and not having a concept of "anime", everyone treated those shows the same as kids/comedic cartoons so I kinda did too, I wasn't into it much beyond that.

...Until I discovered a block of TV at 9 to 10 every Sunday night on the old International channel, which played dubs of the first three seasons of Slayers (I was very upset when it ended) which is to this day my favorite anime, and dubs of DBZ episodes that were a year ahead of the US version. Suffice it to say, I was a DBZ psychic in 4th grade and felt like hot shit all the time when talking to my friends about it. After that I was a true anime fan, leading into Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop and so on before dropping off around 2003-04.

When Slayers came back a few years ago I jumped back in, watched those, Naruto, Death Note, Devil May Cry, etc. Naruto is sorta my main current anime due to the games.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Also getting back into anime led me to shows (really only one I actually watched pseudo-regularly) that blended action with...questionable sexual content, which left a great impression on this young man, personally. Ain't Anime and Manga great?
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Yeah, I do know they predate it, I really don't recall watching certain shows ahead of others. I'm born in 1995, so by the time I was actually focusing on what was watching, lotsa' them had been on television I believe. I completely forgot about Escaflowne, include that in the list! That was one of my first shows to watch as well. I watched Code Geass by my own will when I got deep into Anime.

I think that DBZ gets a lot of blind love because it was a lot of people's first exposure to Anime or at least main exposure to Anime. Plot was super basic and while I enjoyed it at the time, I highly doubt I could rewatch it. I enjoyed Bleach but then Aizen got inexplicably over powered and after his whole arc ended I completely stopped following Bleach. I do know FMA completely changed things up and I did watch Brotherhood. That being said, I think both were equally awesome. Despite FMA being changed up from the original, it was still a great show despite that, which is rare for shows that do those changes, and Brotherhood was just as good. Lotsa' people will have differing opinions on which is better but I honestly enjoyed them equally.
    They really made it silly with Aizen, I agree. They made someone, literally almost a god. And how they defeated him? Just stupid and completely unrealistic. It was impossible to have him realistically lose at the point they made him so over powered. See, the thing in Naruto...at least they handle it a bit better when you have someone with god like strength and ability need to lose. But they locked away Aizen, an immortal, for only what was it...2000 years or 20000 years? Okay, so...That's great. In 20k years, he's going to be alive and well. Then what? Do they really think it's realistic he won't just either wait it out, then take over, or escape? Just retarded. Though, it is now on it's final arc in the manga. And to be fair, there are some things I like about Bleach a bit more than Naruto...but honestly, Naruto is overall a much better anime+manga.

DBZ is good for what it is, it's just not..great. And the fact people believe Goku is the strongest anime character is just silly. Hey Goku...meet genjutsu..Or Aizen..or Lain..or Haruhi...or Death The Kid...etc.

I honestly think I preferred some of the twists the original FMA anime made, but it's hard to really compare. I mean, they did the same thing with Kenshin, too. Making a version of it more realistic, and having almost no shonen aspect to it. I like it in a way, but come on..Having Shishio just get his head stabbed as opposed to bursting into fire? :P

Zero, I assume American Horror Story? >_> If that's what you are hinting at, a non-anime show.

Also, I really need to rewatch+reread Fruits Basket.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ika
    Zero, I assume American Horror Story? >_> If that's what you are hinting at, a non-anime show.
    I meant the show as in an anime or Japanese cartoon that has hentai elements, not like American shows or non-anime.

Thread Information