Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul Discussion Thread

Its Rock Or Bust!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: 'Breaking Bad' spinoff 'Better Call Saul' is a go

Saul is my favourite character from Breaking Bad so I'll be checking this out.

Your mom's boyfriend

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'll give this a watch as Breaking Bad is up there as my favorite series of all time, but I'm not so sure I'll enjoy this one. Breaking Bad was made by Cranston and Aaron Paul...Saul was such a minor character that I don't know if he can carry a series on his back.

Having Mike on the show is a huge bonus, though. And if Gilligan is at the helm, then this show has potential.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

This should be a whole lot of fun he was an epic character in Breaking Bad.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Say My Name

Status

Better Call Saul (2015)

From BBC News:
    Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul first look

Makers of Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, have given fans a first look at the show.

The update includes the release of a photo from the set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where production started on its first 10-episode season earlier this month.

The network also added that a second season of Better Call Saul has already been ordered.

AMC said the announcements were the first of several planned updates.
    Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is directing the Better Call Saul series premiere along with fellow Breaking Bad colleague Peter Gould, creator of the Saul Goodman character.

It was also confirmed that the first series of the show will premiere in early 2015, with the second set to hit screens in 2016.

Specific dates will follow, but the show will join The Walking Dead and Talking Dead, in being aired in the first three months of each of the next two years.

It is believed Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston, who play Jesse and Walt in Breaking Bad, are likely to appear in the series.

AMC president Charlie Collier said: "Production on Better Call Saul is under way, and we could not be more proud of, nor more excited about, the work to date.

"We join the fans in eager anticipation for this series, and today we happily confirm that our initial Saul order is for two seasons and a total of 23 episodes.

"When introducing any series, especially one with the DNA of Breaking Bad, there are countless factors to consider in making sure the show gets the launch it deserves. No half measures."

In addition to Gilligan and Gould, several Breaking Bad writers have returned to work on Better Call Saul, including Thomas Schnauz and Gennifer Hutchison.

Bradley Paul has also joined the writing team, along with Gordon Smith, who was a writers' assistant on Breaking Bad.
    I am really looking forward to this. Don't expect it to be on the levels of Breaking Bad but looking forward to seeing Saul back in action he was without doubt one heck of an entertaining character. Interesting that Walt and Pinkman might make an appearance at some point as well.
    Last edited by Order; 06-21-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Better Call Saul (2015)

Man, this is gonna rock

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Re: Better Call Saul Discussion Thread

I missed Order's update.

Haha, a second season already ordered 8 months before it even premieres. Suck it, Duke.

Also was looking at the Wiki page for it, and besides Odenkirk and Banks, this is also going to have Patrick Fabian (Professor Laskey from Saved By The Bell) and Michael Mando (Vaas from Far Cry 3). That's awesome. If we get any of the other main series actors it will be icing on the cake.

Set to premiere in February.

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

What does it mean by "it will join The Walking Dead and Talking Dead"? Like it's gonna be on Sundays?

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Froot Loop Dingus View Post
    What does it mean by "it will join The Walking Dead and Talking Dead"? Like it's gonna be on Sundays?
    Specific dates will follow, but the show will join The Walking Dead and Talking Dead, in being aired in the first three months of each of the next two years.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Probably just that it will be on AMC. I really would rather Aaron Paul and Cranston NOT show up on this show. As we all know Walter White doesn't know Saul at the beginning of Breaking Bad and I'm sorry but Aaron Paul looks significantly older than he did when Breaking Bad started. It would be a tough sell to have him go back to that doofus character. I'm cool with Jonathan Banks or any other Saul based characters though.

Status

Straight from AMCTV.com:

"Two-night series premiere of Better Call Saul starts Sunday, Feb 8 at 10/9c with second episode to air Monday, Feb 9 at 10/9c."

#HEEL

Status

I'm so excited for this. I binged Breaking Bad a few months back, once it was done airing on AMC, so it's all still fresh in my mind. So glad Ehrmantrout will be on it too... favorite character easily.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Same here, pumped for the show. Of course I'm not going to hold it to the high pedestal Breaking Bad set. I'm just going to enjoy it in it's own right. Love the Saul character and Mike was my favourite from the previous series so I'm bought. I could do without the Bryan/Aaron cameo's, I don't think the show needs it and can stand on it's own two feet without them.

#HEEL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    Same here, pumped for the show. Of course I'm not going to hold it to the high pedestal Breaking Bad set. I'm just going to enjoy it in it's own right. Love the Saul character and Mike was my favourite from the previous series so I'm bought. I could do without the Bryan/Aaron cameo's, I don't think the show needs it and can stand on it's own two feet without them.
    I agree that it should be able to stand on its own without the cameos, but I would totally mark out for them.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I wouldn't. It's like when Fury showed up on Agents of Shield. It's a cheap way to grab viewers. Not needed if they want it to work on it's own. I mean Walt in the background having coffee for example wouldn't be so bad, but nothing more.

#HEEL

Status

I mean isn't it kind of the same theory as having the Rock at WrestleMania? Draw the viewers in, hope they like what they see, hope they tune back in...

Status

Except 'Better Call Saul' isn't AMC's Wrestlemania. It's like a lower level PPV with a solid looking card.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
    I wouldn't. It's like when Fury showed up on Agents of Shield. It's a cheap way to grab viewers. Not needed if they want it to work on it's own. I mean Walt in the background having coffee for example wouldn't be so bad, but nothing more.
    Eh I don't agree with this comparison at all. Agents of SHIELD isnt a prequel or whatever. It's all in the same universe happening in the same time featuring characters that are relevant to the story who work with Fury. Of course he'd make appearances.

And I'd probably mark for appearances here too, though I don't find it necessary like AoS

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Certified G

Status

Yeah I agree, Walt shouldn't be in this at all considering he didn't know who Saul even was at the time and although I'd mark like a little girl for Jesse, I'm not sure if I'd buy him as a doofus pothead again

Still excited for this though

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Your username is Pinkman and you can't buy that Jesse is not a one-dimensional character? The show's pretty much proven he can go from a depressed junkie to "YEAH *INSERT SCIENCE/MAGNETS/MR WHITE HERE* BITCH" over the course of one or two scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Over the course of one or two scenes.

The last two seasons as a whole were a completely different character and I do agree to an extent that it would just be weird seeing him like that again. Not that I'd be against it, but idk.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information