Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 'Sami Zayn Is Awesome' Thread.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

The 'Sami Zayn Is Awesome' Thread.

I know right?

Zayn only debuted in NXT in late May, and roughly three short months later he's had the best feud there's even been in NXT, he's positioned as the #1 contender to the NXT title and has galvanized more support than I've ever seen a babyface garner in developmental. His momentum seems unmatched at the moment down there. It is impossible not to like this guy, he's talented in the ring, he makes everyone he's up against look a million bucks, the fans are emotionally invested in his matches, he has a natural charisma and cuts a good promo, he ticks every box you could have for a recently signed guy, he has all the tools to make it and this makes me VERY excited for when he's eventually called up to the main roster because they are crying out for guys like this in the mid card. The Cesaro matches ruled and the Swagger match from this week was great also, I'm willing to wager that he can even carry Bo Dallas to something must see.

I know there was a little tease he was going to be Generico in the WWE when he first signed, but truthfully I'm glad they decided to unmask him. I honestly think it gives him a better chance of making it big in the WWE, and his facial expressions are too fantastic to hide away. Plus, the Ole chants haven't died, they're getting stronger week by week so happy days.

idk, after the past few weeks I've had an urge to keep talking about Zayn after he's stolen the show week after week. If people aren't watching this guy atm, then I don't know what's wrong with you.

What are your thoughts on Zayn in NXT?

How would you call him up to the main roster?

Do you wish he still had the mask, or did WWE make the right call?

Discuss.

(and yeah yeah Generico went to help the orphans, no need to say it)
    ​​​
    ​​​ ​​​​​​

Ed's Favourite Threads

Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: The 'Sami Zayn Is Awesome' Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I honestly think it gives him a better chance of making it big in the WWE, and his facial expressions are too fantastic to hide away.
    His facial expressions were never hidden by the mask anyway. His faces were always one of the top things Generico got praised for, along with his bumping, charisma, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Main Eventer

Status

I know right?

Zayn only debuted in NXT in late May, and roughly three short months later he's had the best feud there's even been in NXT, he's positioned as the #1 contender to the NXT title and has galvanized more support than I've ever seen a babyface garner in developmental. His momentum seems unmatched at the moment down there. It is impossible not to like this guy, he's talented in the ring, he makes everyone he's up against look a million bucks, the fans are emotionally invested in his matches, he has a natural charisma and cuts a good promo, he ticks every box you could have for a recently signed guy, he has all the tools to make it and this makes me VERY excited for when he's eventually called up to the main roster because they are crying out for guys like this in the mid card. The Cesaro matches ruled and the Swagger match from this week was great also, I'm willing to wager that he can even carry Bo Dallas to something must see.

I know there was a little tease he was going to be Generico in the WWE when he first signed, but truthfully I'm glad they decided to unmask him. I honestly think it gives him a better chance of making it big in the WWE, and his facial expressions are too fantastic to hide away. Plus, the Ole chants haven't died, they're getting stronger week by week so happy days.

idk, after the past few weeks I've had an urge to keep talking about Zayn after he's stolen the show week after week. If people aren't watching this guy atm, then I don't know what's wrong with you.

Discuss.

(and yeah yeah Generico went to help the orphans, no need to say it)
    Hes awesome and he recently wrestled on a WWE house show in Montreal this past week. He got a great reaction as he is well known here(since hes from Quebec). He picked up the win too.

Its pretty hard to see if its him though.

I hope he gets great success.

Honestly, i have only seen one match vs Cesaro/Claudio from his first show or second? Im looking forward to checkin out the 2/3 falls match when i get a chance.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-08-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

He's been phenomenal. His first few promos lacked something, somewhere, but he's only got better in that area and his flirting with Renee is amusing to me because I would be exactly the same given the chance.

In ring he has been main roster ready since his first match on NXT with Hawkins. It wasn't anything special (like the Cesaro match later that night) but it was solid, and it was Hawkins best outing in a very long time.

Honestly, with the way things are on the main roster at the minute, I'd wait. I doubt he'll get lost in the shuffle because his charisma is off the charts, but there's so much focus on the roster as a whole right now, that anyone coming in is going to have a hard time not becoming part of the Daniel Bryan & Triple H show, and I'm not sure that's best for Zayn.

Alternatively, he's pretty much perfect for a feud with Ambrose over the US title and between them they could seriously elevate the belt to a higher level because their promos and matches would demand attention.

I was resistant to the idea at first, but it's definitely not hindered him, and him not playing the Generico character has actually helped get him over a lot I think. WWE definitely made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Honestly, i have only seen one match vs Cesaro/Claudio from his first show or second? Im looking forward to checkin out the 2/3 falls match when i get a chance.
    You need to check out all three one-on-one matches man. Seriously great stuff. I'd even recommend the most recent match with Swagger to be honest, as I felt it was totally on a similar level to the Cesaro ones.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Generico was probably the best guy on the independent scene once Hero got plucked, and has been on a tear the past three years or so. It's no surprise to me that he's already winning over a bigger audience. He's been amazing. Him without the mask is also working really well.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Honestly, to anyone that doesn't already watch NXT - it's worth checking out just for Sami.

Hey guys I’m cool

Status

Zayn is ready right now but I to would hold off until the ultimate underdog story of DB is put to pasture because Zayn himself would no doubt be playing that role when he gets up because of his size...but his charisma is oozing out of him and his promo skills are likable he def didn't need the mask and since he is trying to start this new chapter in his life it is best they left the mask behind because all anyone would be doing is thinking about Generico and I maybe alone but I don't see Generico anymore when he wrestles...until fans start chanting Ole Ole Ole Ole...but that just makes me smile

Spoiler:

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I'd be interested in an angle in a few years where he dons the mask again; maybe in a Cena-esque firing angle, that would see Zayn lose his job and a mysterious luchador arrive on the scene shortly afterwards and set his sights on the man that cost Zayn his job. That would be a cool little nod to his past I think.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bad News Booty View Post
    Zayn is ready right now but I to would hold off until the ultimate underdog story of DB is put to pasture because Zayn himself would no doubt be playing that role when he gets up because of his size...but his charisma is oozing out of him and his promo skills are likable he def didn't need the mask and since he is trying to start this new chapter in his life it is best they left the mask behind because all anyone would be doing is thinking about Generico and I maybe alone but I don't see Generico anymore when he wrestles...until fans start chanting Ole Ole Ole Ole...but that just makes me smile
    Eh, he's still pretty much got the same signatures than he did as Generico, but I get what you are trying to say.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Mask? What mask? You mean he competed under a mask at one time? Why? Dude CLEARLY doesn't need it

...Yeah, I'm in agreement with everybody that Sami Zayn is awesome and has really found his groove in NXT and it just makes me excited for all the possibilities not only when he gets called up, but with the influx of guys like Solomon Crowe and Kalisto soon making their debuts. Zayn is a fantastic babyface wrestler and everything he does in the ring is crisp and makes his opponent look like a world beater.

Personally, I would keep Zayn in NXT for a while longer. At least until this current Corporation storyline starts to get old and it frees up space for new angles, feuds, and storylines.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

My thoughts on Sami's run in NXT is simple, he's been a homerun no wait a grand slam!

As for calling him up to the main roster, I don't really have a good way to do it at the moment, but given that he's poised to make a strong run towards Bo Dallas and the NXT Championship, it would kind of be jumping the gun to do so.

With WWE not going with the mask, in hindsight it's been a huge success. But I go back to when he was signed I was curious if he was going to keep the mask. Rey Mysterio in and out of the ring with injuries, Sin Cara not blowing up as much as WWE wanted, perhaps they go with a masked Generico to try and find Rey's heir apparent. But when I saw Sami debut, short clean cut, and trimmed up beard I thought he looked pretty good.

One more thing about calling him up, I think with the support he's been getting from these NXT crowds who have been absolutely amazing these last few weeks featuring Sami, I think it would be a huge mistake not to at least give him the NXT Title for a short run.

But now that I think about it while writing this down, they could bring him in much like Cesaro, on Smackdown and just going through some of the talent, then give him some strong showings against top tier talent. I can remember Cesaro being very impressive in many matches against Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton back when they were both faces earlier in the year.

All I know is this, I'm gonna enjoy Sami Zayn for however long he's in NXT.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

Belgian Champion

Status
      Country                    Belgium

Or they could do something like they tried with Bo Dallas at the Rumble beginning of this year. Do a little tourney in NXT for one Rumble spot. Let him win it and eliminate some big names and after that you can try to start a feud with them

Corporate Champ

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Can't wait to see him on the main roster. More matches with Cesaro and the inevitable match with Daniel Bryan

Internet Favorite

Status

I think we see him brought up and team with maybe someone like Christian against Cesaro/Swagger imo

Curtain Jerker

Status

I only watch NXT now and again when I have time or I know something good is on it, and I don't watch indy wrestling so I've not seen any of his El Generico stuff, but from what I have seen the guy is a great worker, I'm not really a fan of indy style wrestling generally but he did seriously tear it up with Cesaro in that two out of three falls match.

The only thing that concerns me is his rather ordinary look, personally I would have kept his mask and El Generico gimmick or at least kept the mask and costume and given him a WWE production line name that fitted the gimmick. Reason being that Sin Cara has been a huge flop and is surely on the I chopping block, Rey Mysterio is too injury prone and is close to retirement and even so his time as a headliner is long over, so WWE have a vacancy for a masked talent who they can't market and make a fortune with replica mask sales, it also adds a cool element of intrigue to the character which may help him get over more.

Simply The Greatest

Status

I saw him once at an Indy show, he seemed fine. I saw him at a house show a few weeks ago, his match was painfully boring (not all his fault obviously....it was him & Bo vs The Real Americans). Working against him is that he has an extremely generic look and name. Should have kept the mask on at this rate, although with Primo & Epico repackaged, it would've been a bit much. Don't watch NXT so can't comment on him there.

HOSS MOD

Status

So you're commenting on his supposed "lack of awesomeness" based on one house show match and not on his body of work in NXT?

...I think your argument is slightly flawed, to be honest.
    Something Witty!

Cyrus Truth
    4x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x FWA North American Champion
    2x CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    1x PnH International Champion

Konchu Hao
    1x FWA X Division Champion
    Ground Zero Winner (Season 2)

Simply The Greatest

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    So you're commenting on his supposed "lack of awesomeness" based on one house show match and not on his body of work in NXT?

...I think your argument is slightly flawed, to be honest.
    Sorry, I didnt know there was a minimum requirement for matches viewed in order to post in threads.

Curtain Jerker

Status

To be honest the guy is solid both in the ring and on the mic from what I've seen on NXT but at the same time Im failing to see why people are touting him as the next big thing in WWE.
    His look is very ordinary, he reminds me a bit of Christian and everyone knows how much Vince McMahon despises the way he looks, being a great worker is not going to make you a star in WWE, it's more about charisma, mic skills and presence and just having that big star aura that allows you to connect with the audience on a massive level, not convinced yet that Sami Zayn has any of that.

i still think WWE would have been better using him under the El Generico gimmick, it sounds like a character that could have got over and be marketed better.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Sami Zayn's natural charisma has been shown off since he's been in NXT. . Look, I miss Generico just as much as everyone else, but I think he's done a terrific job sans the mask and I don't think he needs it. And he's shown in NXT that he doesn't need it. He can talk really well, too. He's not just an amazing in-ring talent, and I'd imagine if he did wear the mask and work the Generico angle, he'd be in a lesser position than he is in right now. He's where he's at right now and he's getting the buzz he is getting because he can actually talk and show off his charm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Best Around
    Sorry, I didnt know there was a minimum requirement for matches viewed in order to post in threads.
    It would certainly help to have your opinion taken seriously. I mean, c'mon. I've seen debuting gimmicks and future stars at house show, too, but I'd at least try to watch more of that individual before forming this seemingly solid opinion that they're never going to be anything special.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information