View Poll Results: Who should win on Sunday?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • CM Punk

4 19.05%
  • Brock Lesnar

17 80.95%

Thread: Punk Vs Lesnar - Who Should Win?

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Punk Vs Lesnar - Who Should Win?

This Sunday at Summerslam, it's The Best Vs The Beast, a match centered around Paul Heyman's betrayal of CM Punk, and a match I've wanted to see since Brock returned in 2012, but the big question in my mind is, who should win this one? as both have suffered enough losses already quite frankly.

On one hand you've got the former WWE Champion who held the belt for 434 days, but since then has suffered high profile losses to The Rock, The Undertaker and was screwed in the MITB match by his former 'best friend' Paul Heyman. In fact Punk's only ppv win this year came against Chris Jericho and lets face it, Jericho jobs to anybody, so all in all it's been a pretty unimpressive year from Punk if your just looking at his results column.

On the other hand, you've got 'The Beast' Brock Lesnar who is constantly hyped as the most unstoppable man on the roster, the man everyone should be shit scared of, but a man who's results fall short of his hype. He lost to John Cena on his return match, and went on to narrowly defeat Triple H 2-1 in a 3 match feud, his 2 defeats effectively cancelling out his 2 wins. If there's one criticism of Brock's return, it's how the WWE have booked him, especially in losing more matches than he needed to, to this day I'm still adamant he should of beat John Cena at Extreme Rules.

So who should win the match this Sunday? or perhaps more appropriately who can't really afford to take the defeat?

------------------------------

My vote goes to Brock, I see this as 2 match feud and I always think it's better to give the heel the advantage after match 1. Plus after struggling against bigger, stronger superstars in HHH and Cena, Lesnar losing yet again to a smaller opponent will hurt his aura and mystic as WWE's monster heel.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Punk Vs Lesnar - Who Should Win?

I voted Brock Lesnar. There's no problem with Punk losing, he's a face and he can rebound. Lesnar needs the win to keep his mystique and keep the feud going. I don't know about a two match feud, I'd like two if it had a third match be a Survivor Series style match. A spoiler if you didn't see Raw, but with Punk standing tall too, makes me believe that Lesnar would win (Booking 101) as he would look like a doofus not rebounding from that with a win.

Ed, John Cena beating Brock Lesnar has many of pros and cons.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The main thing about Cena beating Lesnar was that he needed a chain and steel steps to do it. There's no harm in losing to a guy when he decimates you with that kind of firepower, plus Brock only had himself to blame when he chose to be cocky instead of beating Cena when he had the chance. Cena's promo after the match about taking time off though? No defending it and it shouldn't have aired as it made the whole "struggle" seem pointless after. Anyhow, with that water being under the bridge, I also agree that Lesnar should win this match. Part of my reasoning is selfish; this feud has been great and has helped to get me back into regularly viewing Raw, something that I hadn't been doing a lot of for almost a year.

However, selfish reasons aside, I do think it would be silly for Lesnar to lose to Punk when he has not only a size, but an outside advantage in Heyman as well. Sure Punk will eventually triumph over the odds, but there's no need for him to do it yet provided they want another match. My question is when they'd book it for? Will they run the feud into Night of Champions and have the blow-off then, or wait until Hell in a Cell where they can confine these two? I'd prefer the second, especially with Lesnar's limited dates, but I wonder how they'll keep Punk busy for two PPV's while Lesnar stays on the back burner? I guess its possible Heyman can throw Axel at Punk for one of them, but I'm struggling to think of what he'll do for the other.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Punk/Lesnar in a Cell sounds fabulous but didn't they replace HiAC this year?

On topic I think Brock should win just because I want this to be more than a one match feud.

Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

I don't want Punk to win outright, because like everybody else I want more of this feud than just a one-off match. At the same time, it's hard to figure out a way to book a return match if either guy wins straight up.

As much as it would probably make fans rage, the safest bet would be for some kind of disqualification. A rough, physical match where Brock uses his ungodly power to toss Punk around like a ragdoll, but Punk continues to fight back and show inner grit and determination. Punk kicks out of Brock's best shots and Heyman's outside the ring losing his shit, wondering what the hell is keeping him coming back. Then Brock goes into full badass beast mode and pounces on Punk, drawing the DQ. Cue post-match beatdown and leaving Punk laid out.

Next Raw, Lesnar and Heyman are there (or via satellite, doesn't matter) and proclaim that Punk bit off more than he could chew and is done. Brock goes back to South Dakota to kill deer and mountain lions with his bare hands while Heyman continues to manage Axel until Punk returns a few months later to demand another match and another chance to get his hands on Heyman. This will lead to a match at Survivor Series.

...Least that's one way of going about it in an attempt to avoid Brock losing a match cleanly and continuing the feud.

Stud Muffin

Status

I haven't watched Raw this week but the way Brock throws Punk around like he is a 18 year old throwing around a 5 year old just comes off poorly. I get the underdog thing. But c'mon.,,,,

Simply The Greatest

Status

Lesnar. No explanation needed. He is a bigger star and losing would damage him more than it would Punk.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I haven't watched Raw this week but the way Brock throws Punk around like he is a 18 year old throwing around a 5 year old just comes off poorly. I get the underdog thing. But c'mon.,,,,
    Lesnar and Punk being presented as equals would be shitty.

In an ideal world, I'd have Lesnar go over to give him some momentum/cred, and then I'd have Bryan go over him in a title match to make Bryan the fucking man. But that's probably not going to happen, so I'd be happy with Lesnar winning here and Punk winning a rematch. Punk is now at a point where he can afford to lose to a guy like Lesnar as long as he looks strong in defeat and it won't set him back in any way. Lesnar on the other hand could probably do with some cred after the HHH fued though. Then again if he's only there part-time and short-term, is it worth him going over a permanant, long-term main event fixture?

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

Lesnar... because Lesnar is "THE F*CKING MAN" We're being realistic, Lesnar MUST win over Punk somehow. Punk is having an uneventful year in terms of win-loss ratio.

Cardcaptor

Status

It's just silly to have him lose to Punk.

Lesnar is a monster heel, and being put on a wrecking path of very credible opponents is the best thing to do. It's what makes it better and more amusing than a new big guy like Ryback just having a bunch of squish matches to put him over as a monster...Think back to how Lesnar pretty much destroyed the entire roster in 2002-2004, and think about the quality of those matches.

I love both Lesnar and Punk...and they are both superb athletes, no doubt about it. You'd be silly to think otherwise. But as for who should win this, and who would look better and benefit more? Brock Lesnar. Beating CM Punk..."The Best In The World"...really would do a lot of good for him. Much more good than it would for Punk to have an underdog win against Lesnar.
    Everything will surely be alright.

1WhoKnocks

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Punk/Lesnar in a Cell sounds fabulous but didn't they replace HiAC this year?

On topic I think Brock should win just because I want this to be more than a one match feud.
    It's still there. October 27th in Miami.

To echo everybody else, I think Brock should win, seeing as there's no kind of stipulation. I'd like to see Punk go over at HIAC to end the feud.

I am the Outlaw

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Lesnar and Punk being presented as equals would be shitty.
    Yeah really the size and power difference is that obvious that not playing off it would be stupid. I actually think Punk in a strong underdog role has been interesting and has helped to cement his face status.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Governor Tommy View Post
    Yeah really the size and power difference is that obvious that not playing off it would be stupid. I actually think Punk in a strong underdog role has been interesting and has helped to cement his face status.
    Absolutely.

6'3 287 lbs vs 6'2 218 Lbs (according to google, I don't buy Punk being 6'2 at all, but point being.)

Lesnar vs a good amount of people you need to present that way. Whether you like him or not, he's a big strong guy. You can't have him go against a good amount of the roster without bringing that into play, or it'd just be silly.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Thread Information