Thread: NXT on USA TV

People's Champion

Status

NXT on USA TV

So heres my thought...

should WWE put NXT on USA TV, or TV at all?

Why would they expose their up and coming talent to the world at that level?

I mean, you still are exposing them by having them on Youtube, but the thought I have is when the Wyatts debuted, some people were actually surprised and didnt know who they were.

If WWE put them on TV, it wouldn't have been as supsriing when they showed up on Raw....

thought?

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: NXT on USA TV

Are they considering putting it on USA?

The thing is that since the internet became a thing it's always been possible to see WWE's developmental talent, even back in the OVW days. Sure, stuff was harder to get hold of, but it was there for those that wanted it.

I do see the negatives in them making it that widely available, but the fact is, NXT is available on mainstream channels the world over so WWE putting it on USA will do little in upping that exposure, other than making American fans that don't have internet access aware of it's existence. It really won't make that big of a difference unless WWE take any ratings spikes or dips far too seriously and start changing things that don't need changing.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Are they considering putting it on USA?

The thing is that since the internet became a thing it's always been possible to see WWE's developmental talent, even back in the OVW days. Sure, stuff was harder to get hold of, but it was there for those that wanted it.

I do see the negatives in them making it that widely available, but the fact is, NXT is available on mainstream channels the world over so WWE putting it on USA will do little in upping that exposure, other than making American fans that don't have internet access aware of it's existence. It really won't make that big of a difference unless WWE take any ratings spikes or dips far too seriously and start changing things that don't need changing.

Sorry I meant TV in the USA.

Vodka Drinking Admin

Status
      Country                    England

If anything putting NXT on USA television would expose the poor job creative does with a lot of it's main roster (divas especially) more than the talents on NXT

I don't see a big negative in keeping NXT off the air in America when you can watch it on hulu or other means in the states and it's on TV around the world, like RaiZ said if you want to watch NXT enough, you'll find a way to do so, it's not some hush hush TV show. It's a damn good product too, they should want to show it to more people.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists

Simply The Greatest

Status

I doubt they'd ever do this and they shouldn't. It takes away from guys debuting (think The Shield) if they've been on national TV prior.

Putting NXT on TV in the US doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Don't get me wrong, there's a certain amount of fun appeal to the show, but I don't see how it'd do well ratings wise. Since late 2005, the WWE has lost TV deals for Heat, Velocity, Superstars, the original NXT and ECW on Sci-Fi. They were pulled due to poor ratings and the most obvious explanation was the lack of stars. If you're not going to have significant wrestlers like John Cena, CM Punk or even an Alberto Del Rio, those casual fans won't be tuning in.

It'd be cool to see NXT on TV, I know I'd watch it, but do I think it'd be a success? No.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

That's really the only major problem with it though; if it fails ratings wise, would WWE stop producing the show entirely?

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I don't think putting NXT on TV would be a good idea. When I started seeing the Wyatt Family vignettes on Raw it got me real fascinated, then that's when I started looking them up and watching what they've done in NXT, which made me interested in seeing how they could translate what they've already done into Monday Night Raw. I personally would watch if it made it to the small screen, but I can't really say how many WWE fans would.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    That's really the only major problem with it though; if it fails ratings wise, would WWE stop producing the show entirely?
    I dont think so since its their enitre development program now. I think that it would water down these wrestlers personality. honestly, i think WWE should treat NXT as an indy promotion.

The Osiris

Status

You don't catch AAA games or NBDL games on TV, the real talent gets called up to the majors when its time.

Le Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I don't watch NXT, haven't for a long time but I've heard a lot of stories down there are on par, if not better than what's going on on the main roster. I should probably watch some of NXT again.

Thread Information