View Poll Results: Should Daniel Bryan win the WWE Title

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES YES

31 91.18%
  • NO NO NO

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Daniel Bryan Win The WWE Championship?

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Should Daniel Bryan Win The WWE Championship?

We all know there's a pretty mouthwatering WWE Title match coming up at Summerslam, where John Cena is putting the belt on the line against arguably the most over act and and best wrestler in the company, Daniel Bryan. A lot of people will be hoping Daniel Bryan becomes one of the elite few who hold the WWE Championship in 2 weeks time, myself included, on an internet forum if I opened up a poll for 'do you want Cena to drop the title to Bryan' I'm sure we'd get a high % of yes votes. But my question is, SHOULD that be the direction the WWE goes in?

Is the right move here to try and make that new star in Daniel Bryan?

Perhaps you feel there's more legs in the John Cena title reign?

Perhaps you feel Daniel Bryan would be best served losing and chasing the title a bit longer?

Maybe you share Vince's (kayfabe) view of Bryan and feel he doesn't deserve to be the #1 in the company?

Perhaps you feel it's just not worth it if Randy Orton cashes in 5 seconds after the match ends?

In the eternal words of Ruben Jay - thoughts?

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

Re: Should Daniel Bryan Win The WWE Championship?

I think it would be wrong not to give the title to him, the guy is super over he's riding high right now so wouldn't the next logical step be for him to beat cena at SummerSlam, while I don't think the loss would hurt Bryan in anyway it just makes sense that Cena puts Bryan over on this one

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Count me as one of (and possibly the only guy) who doesn't think Bryan should win the strap at Summerslam. Honestly a month ago I would be in agreement that WWE should cash in on his hype and give him the strap, but the more I thought about it and the more the weeks have gone past I keep thinking that WWE would be much better off having him chase the belt for another month or two while also dealing with Vince and co trying to change him over and naturally him refusing their help. Don't want them to completely go down the whole Face Vs the boss route but just use it to build even more steam and then cash in on him down the line..

As long as they don't go overboard and have him go on a Ryback-esque losing streak it could work.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

He is the most over superstar in the WWE right now and they have the opportunity to put him up to an either higher level if they put the strap on him. I actually think if Orton turns and cashes in and then loses a month or two later it will make Orton and Bryan especially massive main event players on the level of Punk and Cena and then suddenly you have four top guys. Could be very very interesting. The worse thing that can happen is Cena retaining.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

While I won't "riot" if Cena wins, or even if Orton cashes in and wins, I do think that Bryan winning is actually the best idea in the long run. Bryan beating Cena after a long and hard-fought match, followed by a swift McMahon sponsored Orton cash-in that Bryan manages to come out on top of, would set into motion a series of events that could actually lead to something really special as McMahon continually tries to find a guy that can beat Bryan.

It would be a combination of Jericho's Undisputed title reign and Rey's first World Heavyweight reign, only, y'know, done right...

Views. Views. Views.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    While I won't "riot" if Cena wins, or even if Orton cashes in and wins, I do think that Bryan winning is actually the best idea in the long run. Bryan beating Cena after a long and hard-fought match, followed by a swift McMahon sponsored Orton cash-in that Bryan manages to come out on top of, would set into motion a series of events that could actually lead to something really special as McMahon continually tries to find a guy that can beat Bryan.

It would be a combination of Jericho's Undisputed title reign and Rey's first World Heavyweight reign, only, y'know, done right...
    This is the best way they could go with it. For some reason, I have a feeling he's gonna win it though.

Simply The Greatest

Status

No, he shouldn't, UNLESS he wins it and immediately loses it to Orton. He is better in chase mode, and this would be an example of getting overanxious and trying to strike while the iron is hot. His title win should be built up more (having him chase it for a long time), and not just a one-month feud over another face.

This is a hard match to predict for sure though, which is rare for WWE Title matches on PPV.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm all for a Bryan title win only to immediately lose it to Orton who he can then chase to culminate in a huge win at a later date.

Spoiler:

Chikara Trainee

Status

I'm not for the idea of Daniel Bryan being a transitional champion, I would love to see him actually win it and keep it for awhile. Do the whole Vince sends out numerous people over the next couple months to try and take it from him, hell put him in must win handicap matches, and just overall highlight why through hard work and dedication as well as cunning he can stand his own. Make him a hero to the people who have been pushed to the side for that promotion and beaten down by the next flavor of the week that had more of the corporate swagger but less of the work ethic by their domineering bosses.

This is what I think we should see, but what do I know I am not a booker.

People's Champion

Status

I'm in favor of him winning just to lose to Randy Orton. Him in a longer chase mode would be awesome, especially the climax of when he actually wins the belt. So yes, he should win. I don't see what else you can do with Cena's reign since Daniel Bryan is the most over.

Follow the Buzzards

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

If anyone on the roster have earned it then it is Bryan, is anyone in wrestling more over?

Check out my BTB - WWE Money in the Bank

On Vacation

Status

Daniel Bryan should be a champion because his name is Daniel and my name is Daniel!!! YES! YES! YES!!! He makes me happy because he has a beard!!

Status

I'd say it before and I'll say it again, he deserves to be our next WWE Champion. Face it, the fans love him, he's one of the best wrestlers today, and he's over by a mile. So that's a YES! YES! YES! for me.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

On Vacation

Status

YES YES YES!!

Daniel Bryan does the best backflip!! I almost get scared and hide under my blanket, because I think he's going to hurt himself!! But he lands on his feet and I go "YES YES YES!!" and that is why he should be the WWE Title!!! I like his beard and I like when he says YES! and I like when he says NO!! and I like when he goes really fast!

Dangle, Snipe, Celly

Status

I think it would be compelling TV if Bryan continued to chase for a few more months.

I'll counter all of Ed's questions with another question. Does a Daniel Bryan WWE title win at SummerSlam mean anything more that if he were to win the title at, say, Night of Champions or Battleground?

I think Cena retains, Bryan stops an Orton cash in and sets up a three way at NoC, where Bryan wins by pinning Orton and sets up another rematch or two between Cena/Bryan.
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=163831
    STL Saint Presents: The Wednesday Night War!

On Vacation

Status

I think I might cry if he doesn't be the WWE Title at SummerSlam!!! If he wins it will be GRRRR-iffic!!!

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

I'd go with yes. Bryan needs to kick the living hell out of Cena, and I hope to god that Orton doesn't win through Cashing in the MO- Screw it, I hope Orton wins never.

Bryan is easily the most over Wrestler today. The longer Cena stays Champion, the less I care about WWE's Motives.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Someone posted a very long and thought out alternative plan for Orton to win the belt come Summerslam and Daniel wait some few months to win it. IT sounded really awesome, and I'm sure it would be and it almost made me vote NO NO NO!!!!

On the other hand, I want my fix now. So he needs to win the belt soon.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

He should absolutely win it and if he were to make Cena tap, it would launch him into the main event. What WWE needs not to do is make Bryan a cookie cutter face because he does need adversity. He should come to war with Orton and Vince McMahon. McMahon is the ultimate character to put Bryan through the ringer and Orton is a great side character to interact with Bryan. I like the idea of Orton preying on Bryan after a fucked up handicap Vince sets up. Maybe the inclusion of the Shield under Vince's hire could lead to some horrible odds for Bryan. Heck, they can try to humaliate him by shaving him. If they played their cards right, Bryan vs. Orton could be a blood feud that leads to Hell In A Cell match. As long as they play to Bryan's strengths(Which are many), then they can easily have another top star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Backyarder

Status

Do I want Bryan to win the WWE championship? Yes, would I have chosen him to win it this way? No. I think it would have been much better for Cena to go on a Super Cena esque run look unbeatable to make Bryan look like the complete underdog. The way it's been booked now it looks like Bryan can be the favorite going in and Vince just doesn't like Bryan because he's small. It's nothing against Bryan being champion who is the most over, it's about WWEs handling of putting the strap on him. I hope he actually loses and the deck is stacked against him and he wins the Rumble and then faces whomever possibly Orton at Wrestlemania for the championship and then wins it. My gut feeling is with Cena and Orton he's not walking out with the strap.
    "Put on the whole Armor of God"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information