Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Sin Cara still on the roster?

Views. Views. Views.

Status

Why is Sin Cara still on the roster?

I made this because it was kind of brought up in the Superstars thread. Does anybody really have a reason. I can't imagine that anybody in the company would enjoy him. He's a hazard to the people he competes with and they clearly have no creative direction with them. If we don't ever get Mysterio vs Cara, this project was a complete failure.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Why is Sin Cara still on the roster?

Because they paid a lot of money to bring him in and advertise him. And they need someone to carry the Latino demographic since Mysterio is within spitting distance of a wheelchair, and Del Rio has the appeal of cardboard. Personally, I'd just fire Sin Cara, and put Hunico back under the mask. I doubt anyone would notice anything except a sharp increase in match quality.

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Are people willing to admit he doesn't botch as much as he used to? That joke is dated.

Since Rey's been injured, he's really just been working jobber matches on Raw and Smackdown and I think he's fine in that role (certainly no worse than Ryder as a face jobber), he certainly takes his fair share of bumps to make people's offence look better. To me it feels like they're treading water with him until Mysterio returns, all he's doing is matches with zero storyline.

But to answer the thread title, I don't think the WWE want to admit he's not been the success they were hoping for, so they'll keep him around and push him again when Rey returns, given the money and hype they put into him, it's harder to release Cara than it is Derick Bateman.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I must agree the botching thing is pretty old and stale, like leaving Chips out too longer, but truthfully Sin Cara was moving up in the world when he was tagging with Rey.I see when Rey comes back, if he's healthy these two will tag for awhile, then if it was me I would make Rey go heel, WHAT! Yup I'm honestly, can Sin Cara do a promo as a heel, it would so much easier for Rey to go heel, saying I'm the only Masked Men here in the WWE.He could also say, I knew the day you signed with WWE, it was to take my spot, and I AIN'T READY TO GIVE MY SPOT TO ANYONE.Hopefully we get that storyline, leading to a Mania match where Sin Cara wins the bout.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

In my opinion, I see this character becoming similar to what TNA did with Suicide. Sin Cara is a trademarked by WWE, so even if they release the original they can put a mask on someone else who is willing to portray 'Sin Cara. Similar to Suicide.

My best bet is if they do release the original then why not put Hunico back to being Sin Cara. Hunico's portrayal of Sin Cara was far more interesting and he never botched!

Your Favourite Member's Favourite Admin

Status

Hunico needs to return in general. That dude can work. I'm sure I read he returned to house shows around Mania time so I'm not sure what the hold up is.

The Osiris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    I must agree the botching thing is pretty old and stale, like leaving Chips out too longer, but truthfully Sin Cara was moving up in the world when he was tagging with Rey.I see when Rey comes back, if he's healthy these two will tag for awhile, then if it was me I would make Rey go heel, WHAT! Yup I'm honestly, can Sin Cara do a promo as a heel, it would so much easier for Rey to go heel, saying I'm the only Masked Men here in the WWE.He could also say, I knew the day you signed with WWE, it was to take my spot, and I AIN'T READY TO GIVE MY SPOT TO ANYONE.Hopefully we get that storyline, leading to a Mania match where Sin Cara wins the bout.

Holy shit, that was baffling to read. But Rey Mysterio should NEVER, EVER be a heel. EVER. He's in that elite Ricky Face Club that only has Steamboat and Morton as ultra babyfaces that could never be heels.

Best In The World!!

Status

Sin Cara was HHH's first signing so they have to give him some time to bed in and push him a little. I know there's not much creativity behind him right now and his matches are average but he does appeal to the younger audience with his merchandise and the Mexican fan base.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hunico needs to return in general. That dude can work. I'm sure I read he returned to house shows around Mania time so I'm not sure what the hold up is.
    Definitely agree. Sucks that I only ever get to see him in the video game.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

On Vacation

Status

Sin Cara is a superhero!!! He wears lots of bright colors and he flies!!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Zukov View Post
    Holy shit, that was baffling to read. But Rey Mysterio should NEVER, EVER be a heel. EVER. He's in that elite Ricky Face Club that only has Steamboat and Morton as ultra babyfaces that could never be heels.

umm he was a heel in wcw in the early 90's

Simply The Greatest

Status

Good question, he super sucks. But I'm sure they still sell a few masks by default because Mysterio is injured every five minutes. I'm fine with him being used as a jobber though, nothing more. I think the ship sailed on any kind of push for him.

On Vacation

Status

When Sin Cara flies and he uses his explosion superpowers I get so excited!!! I wonder if he has special lights when he eats his Cheerio's?? His superpowers are:

- SUPER FLIGHT
    - SUPER HIDDEN IDENTITY
    - SUPER STRENGTH
    - SUPER NOBILITY
    - SUPER SPECIAL LIGHTS

I love Sin Cara!!!

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

When Sin Cara flies and he uses his explosion superpowers I get so excited!!! I wonder if he has special lights when he eats his Cheerio's?? His superpowers are:

- SUPER FLIGHT
    - SUPER HIDDEN IDENTITY
    - SUPER STRENGTH
    - SUPER NOBILITY
    - SUPER SPECIAL LIGHTS

I love Sin Cara!!!
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Tiger View Post

- SUPER FLIGHT
    - SUPER HIDDEN IDENTITY
    - SUPER STRENGTH
    - SUPER NOBILITY
    - SUPER SPECIAL LIGHTS

I love Sin Cara!!!
    I'm with this guy.

But in all seriousness, I'm never bored by Sin Cara's matches. I always find myself watching them and enjoying what he's doing in the ring. He's not a main event guy by any stretch, but he's fun and could help bolster the tag division with the right partner, or simply live somewhere in the lower mid card, putting over main eventers on Raw and challenging guys like Ambrose, Cesaro and that ilk for the US and/or IC belt. He'd be perfectly capable holding either of those titles, or the tag belts, for a short period.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Because if they released him, they would release one of the biggest draws of the last decade. It's much easier having him on the payroll than to drop him and let him go back to being a big name throughout the world.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Eh. It's not like AAA and WWE are really competing.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Competing on a global level, no. But you know of Vince's extreme vision of global domination of all companies.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

At this point, I think Sin Cara is on the roster on borrowed time. If WWE are smart, they're looking for a new Mexican luchador that they can bring in to take over the mantle from Rey Mysterio.
    Sin Cara has show lack of development, lack of dedication, and comes off as plain lazy if you ask me. You can forget about the much talked about Mysterio vs Cara Wrestlemania match, because that ship sank a while ago.

WWE have plenty of cruiserweights that are better than Cara already on the roster/in developmental, but if it is their intention to find a new masked Mexican star, then the sooner they find one the better I say, so that they can cut the expensive Cara from their wage bill.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Sin Cara was Triple H's first major signing and made his debut with a lot of hype so Trips doesn't want to admit that Sin Cara has been a major flop. The guy is clearly a very talented athlete but his style just doesn't mesh in with the WWE format of a wrestling match and a large percentage of the roster don't know how to accomodate Cara's style which has led to botches galore in his matches, he also hasn't helped his cause by proving to be a liability with injuries and of course his wellness violation.
    I think WWE are determined to have that Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara match before Rey calls it a day so at this stage the best move for Sin Cara would be to turn him heel and give him a mouth-piece who will cut promos for him and try and get him over as a superstar from Mexico and then run the feud with Rey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information