Thread: Buy or Sell: Money in the Bank 2013

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Buy or Sell: Money in the Bank 2013

WWE Money in the Bank 2013

With one of the most exciting pay-per-views of the year, the staff at Wrestlingclique.com have huddled in a corner and devised a series of statements for you to ponder. All you have to do to get involved is decide whether you agree (BUY) or disagree (SELL) with each statement or not, and of course give a bit of reasoning behind each decision in as much detail as you please.

1) Mark Henry should win the WWE Title at Money in the Bank.

2) Having one Money in the Bank match full of faces and one full of heels is a good idea.

3)
    Daniel Bryan should win the Money in the Bank ladder match to give his push even more momentum.

4)
    The World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank ladder match is the most unpredictable in the match's history.

5) It is a waste to have RVD re-debut in a match he will probably lose.

6) The Shield wrestling on the pre-show shows how far they have fallen lately.

7) Ryback will defeat Chris Jericho at Money in the Bank.

8) The Money in the Bank concept has been overdone and should be dropped.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Established Veteran

Status

Re: Buy or Sell: Money in the Bank 2013

Ohhhhhh boy, my favorite thread returns. Let's Do It!

Buy. The only reason this feud is remotely interesting is because of Mark Henry for starters, he's carried the whole thing while we've got the same-old-same from John Cena which hasn't done shit to help. Secondly, I'm going to avoid the common "Losing wouldn't hurt John Cena" argument because that's already been well established. The second reason Henry should win is because he's EARNED it. He's proven that he can have a good match with anyone, he's proven that he can be as good if not better than anyone on the mic, he's believable by his very nature, he's been loyal to the company over the years despite the shitty positions they've put him in and he's over come those shitty positions, and as the man himself said "It would validate his entire career".

2) Having one Money in the Bank match full of faces and one full of heels is a good idea.

Buy. I say buy because in both cases it forces the creation of new faces and new heels which mixes things up and makes things more interesting. Furthermore in making new faces and heels, it will also increase the heel or face value of someone else, if not several others as a result.

3) Daniel Bryan should win the Money in the Bank ladder match to give his push even more momentum.

I think just about everyone is going to say BUY on this one, but I think this is a SELL. Why? Why not further the push of Daniel Bryan, the internet darling, the fan favorite, arguably the most over guy in the company right now? Well you just heard it. He's already, arguably the most over guy in the company right now, he's hotter than hot. The truth is, he doesn't need it one bit. He'll be just fine without the MITB briefcase and they can move him right along without it. In the meantime, someone else who could use it more can then have the opportunity to make a splash.

4) The World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank ladder match is the most unpredictable in the match's history.

I'm going to say, SELL, only because that's a really big statement to make and there's been tons of them you could argue the same for. Now the added wrinkle of it being all heels does put a unique question mark behind it, but I don't think it makes this match any more unpredictable than any other MITB.

Sell. It won't matter, he can still have a moment or even a few where it looks like he has it won but gets stopped by someone else, possibly the winner.

Buy. The Shield is a one trick pony and we've seen the trick too many times in a row now for it to be shocking, very entertaining, or worthy of high billing.

Buy. He needs a win, Jericho always does the job, and since he's going to be on tour soon it almost guarantees it.

Sell. It's one of the most entertaining matches they've ever thought up, it creates great opportunities for individuals every year, and it creates even greater opportunities for the company to experiment with talent to see who can and can't make it at the main event level.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: Buy or Sell: Money in the Bank 2013

Sell. Too little too late. Mark Henry should just be a person in the upper mid card now. I'm not the biggest Cena fan but he should be able to win this Sunday and retain the title in order to set up Cena vs. Bryan for SummerSlam.

Sell. No. We currently have pre-existing feuds happening. If I remember didn't Christian and Ambrose have a mini feud last week? And yet both are in separate MITB matches. I think it takes away from the story telling a little, unless all the guys are featured in one massive storyline together but they aren't.

3) Daniel Bryan should win the Money in the Bank ladder match to give his push even more momentum.
    Sell. I don't think Bryan will win the MITB. In fact I think he is already a big enough start in order to main event SummerSlam. Bryan's last MITB cash in was kind of average and he mostly defended the title against bigger guys (i.e. Henry/Show etc.) this time let's see what he can do by going the extra mile and winning matches in order to get the title shot. My theory, he'll end up winning some sort of Contender's match.

4) The World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank ladder match is the most unpredictable in the match's history.
    Buy. Yes it is unpreditcable however, I think they have 3 clear winners as of right now. Either Ambrose, Sandow or Barrett are the three likely to win this match. They would't let Rhodes win it unless it came as a shock. Fandango winning after just being back mereley a month? no... and Cesaro and Swagger won't win because its Cesaro's first MITB, and also Swagger is already established. (I know Cesaro is entering his first and he could win it but I just don't think it will occur)

Sell. No, I think the main reason he came back is to have one last run and what a better way than to enter the MITB, All Stars be at that. I think Van Dam will put on a good showing.

Buy. Ths Uso's? may I say more?... Not a big fan of the Uso's. Painting faces worked for Jeff Hardy but the Uso's no.... I just don't see this happening. As for how far the Shield have fallen yes, a tremendous step backwards. You go from Ryback, John Cena to Randy Orton, Kane and Daniel Bryan and now to the Uso's?

Sell. I don't think so. Jericho will win and I don't think he will put Ryback over, nobody yet has wanted to put Ryback over, not even Mark Henry. So be at that. Jericho will win this match. Ryback will continue his poor PPV record.

Sell. Money in the Bank is a good way of producing new stars. Just look at the past winners. Once a person wins they become different. It gave the likes of Edge, CM Punk, RVD and among others a shot in the main event and pretty much they have all stayed in the main event ever since the winning of the briefcase. (well Edge until 2011). Money in the Bank should not be scrapped as it provides a guarunteed opportunity at a World championship.

Thread Information