Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 123

Thread: Boxing Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Puerto Rico

    Boxing Discussion Thread







    I've been watching these full access shows the past few weeks, and man I'm looking for this bout.You know no one has solved the Mayweather puzzle even though the past few bouts including Cotto, showed that Mayweather is starting to show his age a little.I remember Cotto pounding on him in the corner, but money Floyd has the will to win when he is in trouble to knock you on your ass.Money Floyd has been untouchable and with his Uncle and Father training him for this fight, he looks ready.As for Guerrero I admire his from the gutter to greatness story, I've been there myself and he's very humble.The Ghost loves to be the underdog it fuels his gas tank you know what I mean? I think this fight can be the best of the year, with Guerrero stalking Mayweather and the veteran Mayweather catching him in with his deadly punches.Guerrero said God put him in this position to humble Mayweather...maybe he needs that, well let's see if God will give you the strength to survive against Mayweather rather than win.What I wonder if Mayweather somehow loses, any chance of Pacquaio coming out to say something, let's fight?! Any Boxing fans around the WC?
    Last edited by Kassius HoHo; 04-26-2013 at 04:57 PM.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  2. #2
    Powerful Red S-Mod

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    117110
      Country                    United States

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    1st of all, I love boxing. Thanks for making a thread about this fight. Did you watch the Canelo/Trout fight last Saturday? Canelo and Ghost are my two favorites in the game right now.

    I really do think Ghost is going to win this fight. I watched his fight with Berto last year and it really was a brawl, and if Ghost takes a similar approach against Mayweather in this fight I don't think he has the chin to withstand that sort of power outburst. Not to mention he's older and wearing down. I question his ability to move around as much as he has in past fights (I even thought Ortiz was going to beat him, and we saw how Mayweather won that...). Ghost is going to have to be aggressive and stay aggressive, if it's close at all Mayweather will get the BOTD from the judges, it's going to have to be a KO/TKO or convincing win, which i'm not sure Mayweather is going to allow to happen, he didn't become a slouch during his layoff. All-in-all though, I think the time has come. Ghost wins.
    Stone Pitbull 141



    Piss off, Okada~

    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

  3. #3
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    1st of all, I love boxing. Thanks for making a thread about this fight. Did you watch the Canelo/Trout fight last Saturday? Canelo and Ghost are my two favorites in the game right now.

    I really do think Ghost is going to win this fight. I watched his fight with Berto last year and it really was a brawl, and if Ghost takes a similar approach against Mayweather in this fight I don't think he has the chin to withstand that sort of power outburst. Not to mention he's older and wearing down. I question his ability to move around as much as he has in past fights (I even thought Ortiz was going to beat him, and we saw how Mayweather won that...). Ghost is going to have to be aggressive and stay aggressive, if it's close at all Mayweather will get the BOTD from the judges, it's going to have to be a KO/TKO or convincing win, which i'm not sure Mayweather is going to allow to happen, he didn't become a slouch during his layoff. All-in-all though, I think the time has come. Ghost wins.
    Hell yeah I saw Canelo vs Trout from Saturday, I think Canelo should fight the winner of this bout for sure.Canelo doesn't talk..doesn't need to be a show boat he goes in there, and kicks ass! As for Mayweather vs Guerrero, I think Ghost will try to to just every second of the fight, pound and pound on him.Floyd is a great counter puncher so you need to be smart with your punches and the Ghost hopefully doesn't make mistakes because Floyd will make you pay.Honestly I thought Floyd loss the last couple of fights and somehow won, so I'll say Ghost wins and ends another streak May 4 lol.You know this could be the last good fight now that I think about it, any great matches during the Summer hmm..

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  4. #4
    Powerful Red S-Mod

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    117110
      Country                    United States

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    I actually thought Trout won their fight on my card tbf, but it was super close and I thought Canelo deserved the win. And let me say this... I thought the girl who sung the anthem was super hot. Also sang well.

    I suspect Canelo's on a crash course with Segio Martinez. Mayweather isn't big enough period. Lopez had to step up because he needed a big win and name recognition. Mayweather doesn't, and isn't going to take that step up in weight. Guerrero might be more inclined should he beat Mayweather, but I would still consider him a heavy underdog. Martinez and Canelo would be a huge draw for the Spanish market if they could get their ducks in a row and Canelo would be the true underdog for the first time in his career.
    Stone Pitbull 141



    Piss off, Okada~

    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

  5. #5
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    "Official Boxing Discussion Thread"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I actually thought Trout won their fight on my card tbf, but it was super close and I thought Canelo deserved the win. And let me say this... I thought the girl who sung the anthem was super hot. Also sang well.

    I suspect Canelo's on a crash course with Segio Martinez. Mayweather isn't big enough period. Lopez had to step up because he needed a big win and name recognition. Mayweather doesn't, and isn't going to take that step up in weight. Guerrero might be more inclined should he beat Mayweather, but I would still consider him a heavy underdog. Martinez and Canelo would be a huge draw for the Spanish market if they could get their ducks in a row and Canelo would be the true underdog for the first time in his career.
    I smell a Boxing Discussion thread with you and I hmm..As for Canelo and Segio Martinez, I wouldn't mind that fight but you think Chavez wants another fight with Martinez too?I mean he was taken to school but towards the later rounds Chavez JR started to figure him out and who can forget that last second knockout that had the Boxing fans roaring like crazy, shades of his Father many years ago. I think we've haven't seen the best of Canelo and if I was him, Martinez might want Floyd too so why not go after Segio maybe the fall, then challenge the winner of May 4th and see where it goes from there?I've been watching Pacquiao classics all day today, with Marquez and Morales I get chills rewatching them.In other news, what about Timothly Bradley vs Manny Pacquaio rematch that was suppose to happen?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  6. #6
    The Dude Abides
    The Game Rage's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    2,461
    Rep Power
    2246

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    Ohhhh boy, nothing I love more than some boxing discussion. This fight is no exception either, this is going to be a true boxing fans fight to watch. By that I mean it's going to be a solid chess match, very technical and strategic, a thinking mans match.

    If we are to judge Guerrero's likelihood of success on the Berto fight then I'd say he has a good chance in this one. One thing I have learned over the years though is to never bet against Floyd Mayweather. He's fought pressure fighters before and has yet to cave. Now his physical ability may have declined slightly, but that still puts him a couple notches above the fray. I'm no Mayweather fan mind you, but I do respect his ability having watched him come up from "Pretty Boy Floyd" and remain undefeated.

    I personally don't think Berto is an accurate measuring stick and thus don't put much stock in that performance in relation to this fight. Berto may show some similarities to Mayweather but he certainly didn't fight the fight that Mayweather would or will and that makes all the difference. I would expect Guerrero to try and make Mayweather fight his fight rather than trying to decode Floyd Mayweather in step. He'll try to do some of the same stuff to Mayweather that he did to Berto, equating them to each other and that might be a mistake that costs him. He'll try to put him on the ropes and bang, keep pressure on him moving forward, and keep a high work rate.

    This could get him in trouble with Mayweather though because unlike Berto, Mayweather is an exceptional counter-puncher and that's where he'll keep putting money in the bank all night if Guerrero tries to get really aggressive. Mayweather will use his footwork/movement to create openings and use his superior hand speed to clock in at 88mph, thus generating 1.21 gigawatts of unseen counter shots and pot shots that will break Guerrero down.

    If I'm Guerrero I'm not going to try and out-work Mayweather, I'm not going to try and get really aggressive, nor am I going to try and pressure him on the ropes. If you want to beat Mayweather you have to understand how to break the "Philly Shell Defense" that he loves to employ, and then work at doing that. The way to beat the "Shell" is with a consistent snappy jab that moves him straight back, thus taking away some of that mobility planting him on his back foot, and leaving him open for follow up shots to the body and then the head. Just watch some film, when he gets forced straight back with a jab he blocks the head on one side, has the opposite arm across the body touching his elbow, and he usually tries to roll the shoulder. However, this leaves one side of his face WIDE open, and gives you plenty of body to work with, as well as a stationary target. That is what Guerrero needs. Notice against Berto he was able to get him to stand in front of him and try to punch with him, and that's where he found greater success, or he forced Berto on the ropes making him stationary and then found success there. I would avoid trying to keep Mayweather on the ropes simply because of his counter-punching ability there, he's used to people doing that. But, if you can keep working that jab, making him get flat footed going backwards, THEN you can overwhelm him with punches and take away some of his counter-punching ability as well.

    Simply trying to overwhelm him with punches in general doesn't work, people have tried that and failed. You have to use his greatest strengths, his defense and counter punching ability, against him. It negates his speed advantage by keeping him on the defensive, keeps him pedaling, and eventually this will slow him down on those aging legs and feet making him an easier target. He's also a sucker for a feint right followed by an uppercut. Floyd likes to bend forward to dodge and slip punches once he starts getting lazy in there. You can fake him out and blast him with a good uppercut if you can sell the feint. Another thing about that as well; it's a weakness of the "Philly Shell Defense", it's not the greatest defense for blocking a good uppercut. Doing this stuff will not only help break that "Shell", but if you keep at it consistently you are going to force him to stay in that shell a lot, that means he isn't going to be scoring points on you as much. Now I've seen guys win rounds without throwing punches, just being defensive marvels and making their opponents miss and look foolish, but I DO have enough faith in Guerrero that I believe he can avoid this and keep Mayweather in that shell.

    If Guerrero tries to make Mayweather fight his fight, he's going to pay for it and lose on points. Mayweather will happily cruise to a points decision and outclass him if he tries to fight him the way he did Berto. If Guerrero and his camp are smart though, there's no doubt in my mind that they can beat Floyd Mayweather.

  7. #7
    Powerful Red S-Mod

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    117110
      Country                    United States

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    My reason for thinking Ghost has his number this time is not so much that this will be a rerun of the Berto fight, but that I have to think his age has caught up to him and his old defensive tricks won't be working as well this go around. Not to mention his considerable absence from the ring, and I don't think he's going to be able to withstand the power output from Guerrero that we saw vs Berto if he does get caught.

    However, that's something we don't know for sure and I wouldn't at all be surprised if Mayweather managed to escape with a win, just because I can't fathom any way Guerrero wins if it goes to the judges.


    Also another thing I think could be a factor would be something I see watching 24/7. Mayweather is very laid back and seems confident, his normal self. But Guerrero looks like (and he's usually a calm "nice guy") he hates that Mayweather is the face of boxing and wants to be a role model for the sport, unlike Mayweather with his personal screwups. I feel anger from the man.
    Stone Pitbull 141



    Piss off, Okada~

    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

  8. #8
    The Bastard of Bolton
    Shade's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    3,141
    Rep Power
    19910

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    I would love to be able to say Guerrero is taking this. But honestly despite the fact that Floyd is getting older I can just not see him losing. He may have had some rough moments in a few of his last fights from Cotto to even getting clipped by Mosley. But Floyd has one of them styles which no one can solve and I do not think Guerrero is the man to do it. I used to think the only man with a chance of beating Money was Pac-man but that went to shit when Manny got KOed. So yeah Floyd will win this and then I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Timothy Bradley down the line or even a fight with Amir Khan or Kell Brook but even with them Floyd would be the heavy favorite.





  9. #9
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Mayweather vs Guerrero:Is it time?

    You see I can see Mayweather winning as well because somehow the man can turn the tables on his opponents with one mistake.We will see if Guerrero makes enough mistakes to burn him in his face.It does help though when you're Father is talking more than yourself for the fight, telling the world "were going to beat that Woman beater". When Guerrero's Father continuing to talk, the stress of winning and backing up his Father increases.What I like to see is, if Mayweather wins seeing more hungry challengers like Guerrero knocking on that door of Mayweather to put him to sleep?

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  10. #10
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread


    It's going to happen, two undefeated man are going to put their streaks on the line September 14, the true weekend of Mexican Independence!Oh boy it's Canelo, right now not sure if the kid is ready to get that big money deal yet.He's what 23 or so, I think Mayweather's experience will win the end, either way it only helps Canelo's career down the road.Problem is I don't want Canelo to be the Vargas of 2013, everyone remember Fernando Vargas? He took on Tito Trinidad and Oscar Del La Hoya, young with potential and loss to the both of them.He was never the same.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  11. #11
    Powerful Red S-Mod

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    117110
      Country                    United States

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    I said it before, if this is a fair fight, I think Floyd's at a heavy disadvantage due to size. Hey though, I thought Floyd was gonna lose against Ghost. Which I still think pundits are going a little crazy proclaiming it as some sorta dominant performance in that match.

    He's still got the technique though, I underestimated him. It just seems too obvious that Floyd's only hope is his tried and true strategy to dance around and try and hope the judges go in his favor against Canelo, who is THE rising star.

    This is the biggest match for the sport, though I thought it coulda been bigger had he waited for Canelo to be number 50. It's possible that could be Pacqaio or someone. Anyway Canelo/Floyd's the biggest fight of the year, and totally up in the air in my eyes. I think the matchup truly favors Canelo, but betting against Floyd? Eh...
    Stone Pitbull 141



    Piss off, Okada~

    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

  12. #12
    The Dude Abides
    The Game Rage's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    2,461
    Rep Power
    2246

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post

    It's going to happen, two undefeated man are going to put their streaks on the line September 14, the true weekend of Mexican Independence!Oh boy it's Canelo, right now not sure if the kid is ready to get that big money deal yet.He's what 23 or so, I think Mayweather's experience will win the end, either way it only helps Canelo's career down the road.Problem is I don't want Canelo to be the Vargas of 2013, everyone remember Fernando Vargas? He took on Tito Trinidad and Oscar Del La Hoya, young with potential and loss to the both of them.He was never the same.

    You know that "Your Favorite Member Thread" in the general discussion forum? You just topped my list. It's nice to see a real boxing fan around here, the sport doesn't get nearly enough buzz around these parts.

    I am very excited about this fight, and this is arguably the biggest fight that could happen in Boxing right now. The next thing that must be said about this fight before anything else though is that you have to give major props to Floyd Mayweather on this one. As soon as he beat Robert Guerrero, he said "Go get Alvarez and make that fight". For a guy who got a lot of shit for ducking Pacquiao (and I still believe he did blatantly) this is a move that really (in my eyes) erases that blemish off of his legacy and earns him all the respect in the world that he's often sought to receive.

    This is the most dangerous opponent he could have chosen by a mile. If he wanted an easy fight he could have agreed to fight Amir Khan (who has more glass in his jaw than a chandelier) and just tuned him up no problem. He could have went after any number of opponents that would be easily dominated and just lined his pockets with an easy payday. But was that good enough for him? Nope. Mayweather put his balls on the table and called out the hottest up and coming Boxer on the planet today, Saul "Canello" Alvarez. Well slap my mama, that's some shit and a half!

    What concerns me the most here for Mayweather is the power disparity. If you watched Alvarez fight Mosley and saw the shots he landed, you can see that Alvarez has some nasty nasty power. Now Mosley is a guy who's never been knocked out, only even been on the canvas 2-3 times in his career, and has as strong a chin/jaw as anyone in the history of boxing. Now it's not a coincidence that I mention Mosley, because if you recall, Mosley also rocked Mayweather with the worst shot he's ever taken in his career, and that was a 39 year old Mosley. Shane's always had a cannon, a devastating right, but it was obvious against Alvarez even when he was landing his best shit that his power simply didn't compare. Now what is going to happen to Mayweather when, and I don't say if, I say "when" because it WILL happen; what is going to happen when Canello lands those same power shots on Mayweather? That's a major wild card in this one. If Mosley at 39 was still powerful enough to rock Mayweather the way he did, what do you suppose Alvarez will be able to do when those start accumulating? I don't know if Mayweather can stand to those kind of shots down the stretch the way Mosley did.

    Let's not forget however, WHY, this is the biggest match that Boxing could make right now. We all know that as fierce a competitor as Alvarez may appear to be, Mayweather is the man on top of the mountain, and for good reason. So we must ask ourselves, HOW is Alvarez to stand against all the weapons that make up Floyd Mayweather? Mayweather will be the fastest opponent Alvarez has ever faced, the most skilled, arguably the most defensive, with the best footwork, and likely the smartest fighter he's ever faced. Well over 40 fighters have tried and failed to thwart the skills and tactics of Floyd Mayweather and this is no accident. So how are we to expect that Canello will be any different? How do you suppose Mayweather will fight him? And what will be the response from Alvarez should he come to find early on that Mayweather is going to be a tougher nut to crack than he expected?

    One thing that everyone should have learned by now about fighting Floyd Mayweather is that it's not about the plan you bring to the ring, but about how you can adjust that plan as the fight carries on because Floyd Mayweather is going to make adjustments, he's going to figure you out, and he's going to finish the fight in a different way than he started it. So then, you have to be prepared mentally and physically to do the same. Robert Guerrero made the very mistake that I feared he would (you can even check my post about it). Not only did he underestimate Mayweather, but he tried to fight him the same way he fought Andre Berto, and that was NEVER going to be a winning recipe.

    I've explained HOW to beat Floyd Mayweather, it's seriously not rocket science, it's Sweet Science. Just like any other boxer he has a style, and like any other boxer with their chosen style, that style can be beat. I STILL, have yet to see anyone work the game plan I have laid out, the fighter who does is the fighter that will beat Mayweather. Maybe it just takes a certain type of fighter, with a certain style, to fight the fight I laid out. Maybe it takes a big and strong guy, a natural welter/middleweight? Someone with a quick, powerful, and snappy jab who also has a quick, snappy, powerful right to aid it. Maybe it takes a fighter who knows better, how to cut off the ring, close ground, and stalk his opponent than those who have come before him? Maybe it takes a fighter who is swift enough afoot to do all that against someone like Mayweather? Maybe is takes someone who never stops coming, who always keeps pressure on his opponents, and breaks them down under that pressure? Maybe it takes someone like Canello Alvarez.

  13. #13
    The BROwner

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    27,438
    Rep Power
    296734
      Country                    England

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    Even as a Brit, I wouldn't want to see Khan/Mayweather, the result would be obvious and if Mayweather wanted to he could finish it early, wouldn't be that good a fight for the hype it would get (certainly the hype it would get in England)

    This is the best fight you could book right now, and one that I keep changing my mind on who's going to win, which makes it all the more exciting. Definitely waking up in the early hours of Sunday morning for this one.

  14. #14
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    You know that "Your Favorite Member Thread" in the general discussion forum? You just topped my list. It's nice to see a real boxing fan around here, the sport doesn't get nearly enough buzz around these parts.

    I am very excited about this fight, and this is arguably the biggest fight that could happen in Boxing right now. The next thing that must be said about this fight before anything else though is that you have to give major props to Floyd Mayweather on this one. As soon as he beat Robert Guerrero, he said "Go get Alvarez and make that fight". For a guy who got a lot of shit for ducking Pacquiao (and I still believe he did blatantly) this is a move that really (in my eyes) erases that blemish off of his legacy and earns him all the respect in the world that he's often sought to receive.

    This is the most dangerous opponent he could have chosen by a mile. If he wanted an easy fight he could have agreed to fight Amir Khan (who has more glass in his jaw than a chandelier) and just tuned him up no problem. He could have went after any number of opponents that would be easily dominated and just lined his pockets with an easy payday. But was that good enough for him? Nope. Mayweather put his balls on the table and called out the hottest up and coming Boxer on the planet today, Saul "Canello" Alvarez. Well slap my mama, that's some shit and a half!

    What concerns me the most here for Mayweather is the power disparity. If you watched Alvarez fight Mosley and saw the shots he landed, you can see that Alvarez has some nasty nasty power. Now Mosley is a guy who's never been knocked out, only even been on the canvas 2-3 times in his career, and has as strong a chin/jaw as anyone in the history of boxing. Now it's not a coincidence that I mention Mosley, because if you recall, Mosley also rocked Mayweather with the worst shot he's ever taken in his career, and that was a 39 year old Mosley. Shane's always had a cannon, a devastating right, but it was obvious against Alvarez even when he was landing his best shit that his power simply didn't compare. Now what is going to happen to Mayweather when, and I don't say if, I say "when" because it WILL happen; what is going to happen when Canello lands those same power shots on Mayweather? That's a major wild card in this one. If Mosley at 39 was still powerful enough to rock Mayweather the way he did, what do you suppose Alvarez will be able to do when those start accumulating? I don't know if Mayweather can stand to those kind of shots down the stretch the way Mosley did.

    Let's not forget however, WHY, this is the biggest match that Boxing could make right now. We all know that as fierce a competitor as Alvarez may appear to be, Mayweather is the man on top of the mountain, and for good reason. So we must ask ourselves, HOW is Alvarez to stand against all the weapons that make up Floyd Mayweather? Mayweather will be the fastest opponent Alvarez has ever faced, the most skilled, arguably the most defensive, with the best footwork, and likely the smartest fighter he's ever faced. Well over 40 fighters have tried and failed to thwart the skills and tactics of Floyd Mayweather and this is no accident. So how are we to expect that Canello will be any different? How do you suppose Mayweather will fight him? And what will be the response from Alvarez should he come to find early on that Mayweather is going to be a tougher nut to crack than he expected?

    One thing that everyone should have learned by now about fighting Floyd Mayweather is that it's not about the plan you bring to the ring, but about how you can adjust that plan as the fight carries on because Floyd Mayweather is going to make adjustments, he's going to figure you out, and he's going to finish the fight in a different way than he started it. So then, you have to be prepared mentally and physically to do the same. Robert Guerrero made the very mistake that I feared he would (you can even check my post about it). Not only did he underestimate Mayweather, but he tried to fight him the same way he fought Andre Berto, and that was NEVER going to be a winning recipe.

    I've explained HOW to beat Floyd Mayweather, it's seriously not rocket science, it's Sweet Science. Just like any other boxer he has a style, and like any other boxer with their chosen style, that style can be beat. I STILL, have yet to see anyone work the game plan I have laid out, the fighter who does is the fighter that will beat Mayweather. Maybe it just takes a certain type of fighter, with a certain style, to fight the fight I laid out. Maybe it takes a big and strong guy, a natural welter/middleweight? Someone with a quick, powerful, and snappy jab who also has a quick, snappy, powerful right to aid it. Maybe it takes a fighter who knows better, how to cut off the ring, close ground, and stalk his opponent than those who have come before him? Maybe it takes a fighter who is swift enough afoot to do all that against someone like Mayweather? Maybe is takes someone who never stops coming, who always keeps pressure on his opponents, and breaks them down under that pressure? Maybe it takes someone like Canello Alvarez.
    Love that we have a Boxing Community here, but that last part on beating Mayweather, stalking him and such I think the match Mayweather had with, Cotto he used that game plan.Cotto had Mayweather plenty of times in the corner, like a mouse being looked at by a venomous Snake! Cotto was pounding on that man, left and right and to be honest I've never seen Mayweather take such a beating, and after that bout, he had to change his whole camp.This is when he had his Dad and Uncle in his corner since then, but I think Canelo needs to understand this man knows every trick in the book, but if you can imply that same plan, pounding away at him in the corner, I don't care how good your defense game is, your going to take some hard shots.Another question I see Boxers of today always go for the KO, instead of trying to go to the body.Go the body, and by the 6th round or 7th round, the Boxer is yours!

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  15. #15
    Powerful Red S-Mod

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    117110
      Country                    United States

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    I actually thought Victor Ortiz had Mayweather's number during their match as well, before what was essentially a Dusty finish occured.

    Anyone going to watch the upcoming Marcos Maidana/Josesito Lopez fight?
    Stone Pitbull 141



    Piss off, Okada~

    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

  16. #16
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I actually thought Victor Ortiz had Mayweather's number during their match as well, before what was essentially a Dusty finish occured.

    Anyone going to watch the upcoming Marcos Maidana/Josesito Lopez fight?
    The match is next week isn't it? Should be a very good fight, Lopez fucked up Ortiz, and I can't remember who Maidana defeated in his last bout? Either way, from what I know, both men have the hands to knock the other into a coma.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  17. #17
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread



    It's begun Mayweather vs Canelo, all access part one.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  18. #18
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread



    Every week I get more and more excited to see these Warriors to kill each other!

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  19. #19
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,582
    Rep Power
    69695
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread


    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  20. #20
    The Dude Abides
    The Game Rage's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    2,461
    Rep Power
    2246

    Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

    For those interested, Chris Arreola just beat the shit out of Seth Mitchell inside of one round in a heavyweight contest for the modest WBC International title. For those who do not know who either man is......

    Chris Arreola has a professional record of 36-3 W/31 KO's after tonight's bout. He's fought twice for major titles against Vitali Klitschko and Tomasz Adamek losing on both occasions as he's struggled with his weight and conditioning. With this win tonight he now stands at #2 on the WBC world heavyweight rankings which puts him directly in the sights of Vitali Klitschko once again. Arreola came into tonight's fight at 234lbs after a rigorous training camp and looked like a different fighter than the Chris Arreola I've seen in past years. If he continues this kind of training regiment and continues to get in better shape, he could very well pose a serious threat to the aging WBC champion, Vitali Klitschko.

    Seth Mitchell is an up and coming fighter who has only been boxing professionally since 2008. He's fought on many high profile undercards and built up a solid record of 26-2-1 w/19 KO's in his short time as a professional. He hasn't fought any real high caliber heavyweights and tonight was his first test against a seasoned professional with a good record which he lost. Mitchell is still a young 31 years old however, and could still have a bright future in the heavyweight division with some sharpening of his skills.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •