Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Boxing Discussion Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Boxing Discussion Thread

Eubanks Jnr tries to be his old man, but get's caught far too easily unlike his old man. I don't have a problem with showboating etc, but I think Jnr is lacking that something to make him a world beater. Heck he also lost to Billy Joe Saunders.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Eubanks Jnr tries to be his old man, but get's caught far too easily unlike his old man. I don't have a problem with showboating etc, but I think Jnr is lacking that something to make him a world beater. Heck he also lost to Billy Joe Saunders.
    Sometimes that happen famous Boxers kids that get in the game want to reach that level and honor the family name too much. They forget sometimes to make you own history, don't try to be your Father, be yourself and you'll have a better life for it.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Pain does not lie

Status

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ery-very-close

A potential Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor fight is inching closer. Mayweather -- the former pound-for-pound boxing king -- told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that "we're getting very, very close" to the superfight.

Sources confirmed to ESPN that McGregor arrived in Las Vegas on Monday evening. Mayweather lives and trains in Las Vegas.

Nevada State Athletic Commission chairman Anthony Marnell confirmed to ESPN that the commission has been made aware of active negotiations between the two camps, but said the fight still faces several challenges.

"There is a lot of real stuff going on," Marnell said Tuesday. "It still seems like a long shot, but when there is a lot of money involved, people tend to figure it out. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but I'm not sure if we're going to eat.

"The Nevada Athletic Commission, in my experience, has always been well-briefed by all parties on an event or potential event that may take place in Las Vegas. We are aware of conversations and information that has been disclosed and not disclosed in the media. Whether these conversations will get to a point that a fight happens, I can't tell you."

Mayweather spoke to Smith at the NBA game Saturday between the Golden State Warriors and Oklahoma City Thunder. Smith said Mayweather believes the fight will happen, but Mayweather said nothing is guaranteed until a deal is done.

The two sides have gone back and forth in the headlines for nearly a year, regarding a potential fight.

McGregor, 28, is the UFC's lightweight champion and remains under contract. Marnell mentioned that as a wrinkle in any boxing match McGregor wishes to pursue, saying, "people are under certain contractual obligations that need to get figured out."

McGregor successfully applied for a boxing license in California in December. He has never boxed professionally. Mayweather, 39, is regarded as one of the best boxers of his era.

Last month, UFC president Dana White publicly offered McGregor and Mayweather $25 million each for the potential boxing match. When told of White's offer by TMZ, Mayweather said, "He's a f---ing comedian!"

McGregor has demanded $100 million for the fight and said he'd be willing to do it with or without the UFC's involvement. White has promised that won't go well for the star fighter.

"It is what it is now," White told ESPN last week. "He came out and said, 'I can do this without them.' I guarantee you, he can't do it without us. What I then said was, 'I've always been respectful of Conor, the things he wants to do and everything else. If he wants to go down that road it will be an epic fall.' Everybody knows exactly what that means."

According to Marnell, as expected, the distribution of money from this potential megafight might be the biggest hurdle of all.

"I'm confirming that real people are having real discussions," Marnell said. "I'm also telling you my opinion as the Nevada Athletic Commission chairman that a lot of things need to get done in order to see something like this come together because there are so many parties that want to get their hands on the pot.

"Maybe it will get figured out, but it's going to be hard when everyone is declaring they want $100 million. That's not what I said -- that's what they've said. That's their quotes, not mine. If everyone wants $100 million, that's a lot of $100 millions to go around."
    ESPN is reporting McGregor/Mayweather is closed to being done, other places I saw they are agreed to fight already. You're asking Connor to throw dem bos with a legend like Mayweather for 12 Rounds? I mean Connor will find out how hard Boxing is, when he's asking for air and water 6 or 7 rounds into the fight. Crazy has always a chance in McGregor, and Floyd hasn't KO'ed anyone in years so Connor should last long to get to the end, but it wasn't be easy for him. I see Pretty Boy Floyd winning with maybe Connor winning a few rounds maybe even the first round, because I see him hunting Floyd trying to not let him get too comfortable in there, but Floyd shall pick him off enough to win rounds. Floyd wins and to the rematch with a healthy Pacman to end your career, but let Manny face Crawford and have win by split decision and move onto Floyd.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status
      Country                    United States

Anyone catch the Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko fight? Heard so much greatness from it. Downloading now to watch.

And someone on reddit posted what they thought was the best round of boxing of all-time.

Gatti Vs Ward Round 9, man this is seriously amazing to watch.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

It was an excellent fight in fairness. Wlad should have stopped AJ when he had him in trouble, he just didn't follow up, where as AJ did follow up when he had Wlad in trouble. AJ has called out Fury but I can't see that happening for a year or so yet due to the shape Fury is in at the moment. I'd love to see AJ vs Wilder next, though AJ has been told Pulev is his mandatory, and Wlad has a rematch clause too.

Pain does not lie

Status

Yeah Necro Shake and I were talking about the fight in the Nash Box during the fight. You know I love Boxing and Joshua/Klitschko and I inked in man that fight from Saturday Afternoon. I would say Klitschko has never looked so nimble and confident in the ring, and he took it to the young Lion in Joshua after AJ looked like he could steam roll him. Joshua was gassed not used to going into long fight finishing his opponents, and the veteran Klitschko took advantage of it. Joshua got his second wind and damn his body work in the second half was the difference and damn AJ finished him off perfectly on Saturday. That uppercut he landed on him just made me want to close me here you could feel that one hurt badly. Fury/AJ is a possibility, Fury would talk load of shit saying I'm the true champion who are you nobody. Wilder/AJ is a bout I want to see, and when the dust settles I see AJ holding all the gold, because I'm done waiting for people ducking others time to unify the titles.

Next big match-up coming up is Canelo/Chavez JR and that is a very interesting fight to watch as well. Chavez JR is taking this fight very seriously, and he has the reach and size advantage. I would still say Canelo wins somehow, but if the fight is great like GGG/Jacobs we could be waiting for Canelo/GGG somewhere in 2018.

Lastly Gatti/Ward especially Round 9 brings me to tears, Boxing at it's finest there.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Fury will always have the gift of the gab and to be honest him sprouting the predictable stuff about him being a true champion that was never beaten is the truth but yeah I don't want to see that fight yet. I don't care what Fury says he can't go straight in with AJ as he'll get demolished, smaller men than AJ have put Fury on his arse it's just they haven't been able to follow up.

I've heard Wilder wants Parker first then AJ towards the end of the year, i'll be happy with that, Fury can go and get a few matches under his belt then look to face the winner of AJ vs Wilder this time next year.

Quigg won his eliminator and is going up against Selby, that's going to be a cracker too.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Fury will always have the gift of the gab and to be honest him sprouting the predictable stuff about him being a true champion that was never beaten is the truth but yeah I don't want to see that fight yet. I don't care what Fury says he can't go straight in with AJ as he'll get demolished, smaller men than AJ have put Fury on his arse it's just they haven't been able to follow up.

I've heard Wilder wants Parker first then AJ towards the end of the year, i'll be happy with that, Fury can go and get a few matches under his belt then look to face the winner of AJ vs Wilder this time next year.

Quigg won his eliminator and is going up against Selby, that's going to be a cracker too.
    Interesting Wilder is a big dude and at all with KO power, but he's stiff like a Tree out there. I think a more nimble guy like Joshua would give him problems if their fight happens down the line. Joshua is going to keep away from his reach and get in and out with shots with Wilder maybe getting frustrated making a mistake and getting his big ass dropped?

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Interesting Wilder is a big dude and at all with KO power, but he's stiff like a Tree out there. I think a more nimble guy like Joshua would give him problems if their fight happens down the line. Joshua is going to keep away from his reach and get in and out with shots with Wilder maybe getting frustrated making a mistake and getting his big ass dropped?
    Quite possibly, but there's really no other fights out there. Wlad will either get his rematch or retire, Fury isn't ready, and Parker isn't in the same class as AJ/Fury/Wilder, so it's over to them three to make the division must see, so unification is about the only route to go isn't it?

I know Bellew is there, but against a true heavyweight he'll get banged out, and Haye is just a laughing stock at the moment haha.

Pain does not lie

Status

Face off between Canelo and Chavez JR and boy this was a good one. Canelo doesn't respect Chavez JR for his mess ups in his life, not making weight and not taking fights seriously at times. Canelo please don't become a heel, because you don't have a Father in a Boxing legend like Chavez SR over your head your whole career. I bet he hears every hour on the day, how great his Father was in the sport. I don't get how was his Father talked about in a negative light outside the Boxing ring, because the guy fought the best of the best and didn't run from anyone. Chavez JR said that, you wanted to fight me because you think I'm a easy fight versus GGG. This Saturday one is proving he's the best in the world, and the other is looking to prove what he used to be, isn't what he is right now in his life.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

September 16th GGG vs Canelo is going down. If I were Chavez I would retire or go away from the sport for a year after the way he performed tonight. Old Man Barrera or Morales could of done a better job at their ages. I think Chavez said I'm out after the first two rounds mentally with his fight with Canelo. I don't fucking understand the game plan to try to box with Canelo, when your fighter skills set isn't favored to that kind of fight. Honestly if I were Chavez fire all your Training Staff, and have your Dad train you. Canelo looked like a bully in there, he could do whatever he wanted. Canelo/GGG now that's going to be awesome and make the rematch in May of 2018 please! What's funny didn't they have Mayweather/McGregor for September well fuck off with that ha.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

So it's pretty much locked in that August 26th Boxing vs MMA Superstars are going to go at it. Mayweather vs McGregor facing each other is a interesting bout for the sport of Boxing, Mayweather hasn't boxed since 2015, and McGregor is making his Boxing debut. Mayweather's rust might be to the advantage of the MMA star, but Mayweather hasn't been sitting on his ass doing nothing though. I've been seeing both guys training way before this deal was done. What I wanna know is, is Connor able to go to the distance with Mayweather? Boxing is a longer sport, and Floyd will try to prolong the fight to put it in his advantage and pick apart the gassed challenger. If I had to put my money on who wins right now, with everything involved I say Mayweather wins by decision, but Connor gets taken to school. Don't be confused though, I like to see Connor KO this guy, but the dude is a master of not getting hit. Two big fights coming up, and don't forget this Saturday Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev 2. I thought the Krusher Kovalev won the first fight, but Ward somehow got some rounds that I thought were the other way. Theirs hate between them, so I expect the Krusher to get that loss back and leads us to a third fight.

Real Women of Genius

Status

If Conner makes it deep into this fight, I feel like this is a work. I realize Mayweather isn't a ko type of fighter, and he has gone deep before. But with McGregor completely out of his element, I really think he has no chance in this fight. The whole thing comes down to it being a boxing match. In the same way I think Mayweather would get smoked easily in a UFC fight.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    If Conner makes it deep into this fight, I feel like this is a work. I realize Mayweather isn't a ko type of fighter, and he has gone deep before. But with McGregor completely out of his element, I really think he has no chance in this fight. The whole thing comes down to it being a boxing match. In the same way I think Mayweather would get smoked easily in a UFC fight.
    Of course McGregor is entering a Jungle he might not be ready for, but Floyd just might prolong the fight to embarrass Connor and that one moment he takes him likely and Connor gets a good shot and wakes him up. He has a puncher's chance, he'll go down on his Shield like a Spartan, should be a interesting fight to watch.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Of course McGregor is entering a Jungle he might not be ready for, but Floyd just might prolong the fight to embarrass Connor and that one moment he takes him likely and Connor gets a good shot and wakes him up. He has a puncher's chance, he'll go down on his Shield like a Spartan, should be a interesting fight to watch.
    I see zero chance Mayweather loses. I'm sorry just not in boxing.

Pain does not lie

Status

Ward/Kovalev 2 thoughts.

Yeah don't slurp on Ward's dick, because he might of been losing pretty much every round except one round. Personally I don't think the fight shouldn't of been stopped, you could tell Krusher was going to go down, let the man go down and see what happens. Standing 8 count please, yes the shot were hurting him combined with the low blows which were borderline no doubt still very close and he should of loss of point because of it. Ward is great fighter no doubt, he landed those perfectly, but honestly he looked better in the second half of the first fight versus this fight to me. People want to call him the Pound for Pound and all that, but who were you two years ago? No one was talking about you, and you were beating up scrubs. IF he doesn't face Krusher again which he probably won't anytime soon, he'll keep fighting scrubs till he probably retires. Krusher was the best fighter and probably the best he'll ever face.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information