Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE is the worst fucking promotion going on right now

ಠ_ಠ

Status

In Your House WWE is the worst fucking promotion going on right now

WARNING: I'M MAD

The whole product is terrible and is becoming fucking infuriating just to read the fucking results. It seems like the Geniuses who worked in the attitude era and the minds who knew how to bring solid WWE television don't have a fucking clue what they are doing. It's bad. It is making me more mad than any fan should be especially considering there was a freaking bombing today(Prayers out to those hurt by the way). Who writes this shit? Who approves of this garbage? Why is the product made for morons? Better question, why is the product made to PUSH FANS AWAY!? I'm writing this a week or two fucking shy of Wrestlemania......WHY am I writing THIS after what is SUPPOSE to be the GREATEST EVENT IN WRESTLING?! It's because everyone currently involved with the product are imbeciles.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE GUYS WHO SHOULD BE FACES HEELS AND VICE FUCKING VERSA?! I have touched on it being a hilariously dumb idea to turn Punk heel(Simply because the crowd legitmately gives a fuck about the guy.) but I, however, have praised that it at least introduced us to some new characters or elevated. Ryback is one of the guys I was happy that they moved up due to the fact is that he some how knew how to stay the fuck over. It is amazing. In fact, it is tremendous considering he has lost every damn ppv since being introduced to the big boy scene. Now do I mind the booking around him previous to Wrestlemania? Absolutely not. Him losing, especially in the ways he lost, worked. It wasn't fair, he looked strong, and there was one odd case where it was just out of his element(vs. The Shield who are actually a great tag team). Then came Mania where he loses for no fucking reason. It's dumb. It's stupid. The worst part is, HE GOES ON TO FACE THE WWE CHAMPION THE NEXT FREAKING PPV! How does that make sense? Shouldn't Henry be doing that? And it gets worst, they turn him into the bad guy.

That makes sense right? "Let's take this guy who gets great crowd support and remains over in front of the most hostile crowds and let's turn him heel." "But why, Bob" "Because this will clearly work in getting the crowd to like a guy who hasn't been getting cheered for the past 7 years even though we have done this over a thousand times." "Great idea, Bob" "Thanks, Jim. Want to go inhale gas fumes?" Seriously? Is the great Vincent K McMahon letting his company being dragged to the ground by the dumbest people on earth? Cena hasn't been liked FOR YEARS and got shitted on when THE ROCK put him over. Stop the car. It's not going anywhere. There is no need to sacrifice a great(And I mean great) up and coming face to a guy who will never become that fan favorite. Speaking of never becoming a fan favorite, WHY IS CENA STILL A FACE?!

He isn't getting any closer to becoming that guy who isn't hated by 99% of the actual universe. Why keep him there? There are plenty of good guys who do amazing charity work outside the WWE...I get that. What does that have to do with him as far as a character? Being dick in character doesn't mean you have to be a dick in real life. Hell, Jericho is probably one of the nicest guys out there but that didn't stop him from punching Shawn Michael's wife at Summerslam now did it? I don't believe Sylar really eats brains or that Leonardo Dicaprio legitimately bashes black girls skulls out with a hammer. It doesn't go hand and hand. Sure, it's nice to keep up that good ol kayfabe if you do keep character but nobody is going to yell at you for being a "good person" in real life even though you're a bad guy on the tv box. His character has no value now but just to annoy people and annoying people tends to drive people away.

When did guys get that crazy amount of say? I'll admit, Punk clotheslining Rock was amazing. It felt like a moment. Then the week after when he told Lawler to shut his mouth about him and that it was a strike against Rock and not the fans was even more awesome. Him turning into bad guy? Not so much. Why? Because people like characters with depth. More importantly, people like freaking characters. A badass face that is legitimately mad at another face mixes things up. It separates from the norm. Sure, everyone likes tradition but people LOVE chaos. There was a actual time in wrestling where not every face liked every face and every heel really didn't like the other heels. It is what kinda helps Orton even though he has been going mach speed towards nowhere in the past couple months. When he and Triple H had to reluctantly team up against Legacy, it made for TV that I actually wanted to watch. The match wasn't probably going to be anything to write home about(No offense to the performers) but it was the idea that sold. It was putting two interesting characters in a dynamic and then profit came. It's even more interesting when you got Foley and Orton talking game plans even though Orton really hates him. It is interesting.

That is why many like Daniel Bryan. Nothing to the depths of seriousness like Punk or a Triple H but there is so much that can happen with the character and that does happen with the character. Speaking of Daniel Bryan, remember how AJ became the most interesting thing in wrestling for a brief period? It's because she installed questions in the program. "What is she going to do next?" "How is she going to react?" It became a thing people wanted to see. It wasn't the bland bad guy vs good guy like Cena vs. Ace was, it actually provided intrigue. That's the big problem that people hate with Cena's character. It doesn't take a chance and characters like Ziggler suffer. When Ziggler faced Cena at TLC, it felt big. Personal opinions aside from the match, it felt like WWE was taking a chance. Then nothing happened afterwards. Cena beats him after Ziggler throws everything(And I literally mean every damn move in Ziggler's arsenal) and continues to do so after the biggest month in DZ's career. Why? It made no sense.

Why not build this so it can have a payoff that doesn't hurt ether party? Ziggler continues to beat Cena until Cena wins the Rumble. Cena gets his mojo back and Dolph wants to take it away. He challenges him the same way Cena challenged him for his Briefcase. You got a very interesting build and both parties look amazing with the good guy winning in the end. It may not be breaking ground but it is at least a thousand times better than the crap that happened. Characters don't have to look invincible(Like Cena) but they don't have to look frail ether(Like Dolph for early 13). That's all people want. A little challenge even if it isn't unpredictable like Cena vs Punk MITB. A challenge is still a challenge but the current product provides nothing for the fans to think about or even care about anymore.

It's the same old crap. If a character like FAN-DAN-GO is getting over, keep working with the character like you were because it was clearly what was fucking working. Not going to say nobody likes a character that is aware of itself but in the case of FAN-DAN-GO then it does. Rock never became aware of itself. The fans became aware of him and thus went along with his schtick. He was just a cocky asshole who thought highly of himself and then he became a cocky asshole who thought highly of himself with fan support. Instead of shining light on the clear fad, let it run while the character does he usual thing instead of making it bloody obvious the character is aware of it. It's just his thing. He just has a bunch of assholes supporting him when he does his thing.

What makes that bad though is that the current good guys don't seem to be doing that. When put next to the bad guys, they look like a piece of blank paper. Why is it that all the bad guys seem like Attitude Era stars next to default good guy characters you'd find in a WWE video game? It just leads to people wanting to cheer the bad guys because they are the only entertaining characters on the show. Why do almost none of the good characters have no attitude? Why are the badass characters like Ryback turned bad instead of kept badass like they originally were? Mark Henry is actually pretty fucking cool and I find myself wanting to cheer him more than a guy like Sheamus. Another thing, WWE has the roster of wrestlers that are almost all quality....why aren't you utilizing it right? A guy like Sheamus is a great wrestler who has plenty of great matches but the show does him no favors.

Speaking of no favors, does WWE just want to the Main Event scene to look good or what? The tag scene could be extraordinary but it seems there is only one part of it being built up instead of the whole damn thing. What made tag wrestling cool back in 00s was that there was a whole lot of shit going on. The Hardys were fighting the Dudleys, Edge & Christian were fighting APA, and there were things going on the side. It made for a great show especially better climax on ppv because there was never 1 team. In current era, there is Team Hell No and they pretty much have no rival.....at all in seems. They should seem like the dynamite duo in a sea of hungry sharks. There should be sights on the other teams facing each other and there should be also sights on teams facing the champs. There are now two big shows(Raw & Smackdown) to broadcast this war in the tag division. It should be highlighted with multiple feuds. Oh The Shield is going through tag team warfare with Adrian Neville & Sami Sane while the Tag Team Champions work on getting their revenge the hottest team in wrestling, Mysterio & Sin Cara. Mix them up with other teams and there also other shows like Main Event where you can possibly have big pay offs.

Champions outside of the two top and the Tag Team Championships have been the worst as well. If you are holding a championship, you are the fucking man. Everyone should strive to win the championship. There is the title(WWE Championship & World Championship) but no Championship should be beneath anyone. If Jericho beats the IC Champion, make a big deal out of it. There is no reason a guy that is holding a title should be under the guy who isn't holding a championship. Main Eventers should strive to hold those championships. As it makes the perfect middle ground of a guy who isn't up there facing a guy who is up there(Morrison vs Rey is a good example). It's also titles that other title holders should want. It should become a huge fucking deal if the WWE Champion is going for the Tag Team Championships or if the IC title holder wants to win the WWE Championship. TNA did a excellent job with this last year when their X-Division title holder almost refused to give up his championship to fight the World Championship. It sets the X-Division title as a accomplishment as well as a honor but it also makes the World Championship look better in hindsight without it hurting the X title. There is none of that in WWE.

IC title is for nobodies and the US title is also for nobodies. Both should seem like big deals with the World Championship looking like even bigger deals. It's not even a thing now which hurts it. Put the championship on a guy like Orton or a Jericho and let them present it as a big deal while the new guys like Cesaro, a Barrett, or a FAN DAN GO try to take it from their hands. It solves the problem of your Main Eventers doing nothing and it builds up the new talent since they are getting exposure from working with the higher talent. Believe it or not, there was a time where post 2000 Triple H actually held or gunned for the IC Championship. The blame on stars not coming up is on the company, not the wrestlers. Not a fan of Ryder but he busted his ass and was buried for it when he got to the top which was US gold. Why was there no Miz & Brock Lesnar match? It could of been Lesnar just kicking the dog shit out of the Miz for 15 minutes with Miz coming back like a under dog. No one is saying the Miz should beat Lesnar but giving him a chance could of led to a Austin/Hart moment. A bloody Miz not taping and passing out after getting beat near to death by Lesnar but refused to give up despite being out of his league. THAT Miz goes on to fight Cesaro and now Cesaro gets a rub off of that win or lose.

You can't blame a star for not elevating like you can't blame a fisherman for no catching anything when there is no fucking fish in the damn lake. This era is going to slowly but surely kill off interest in wrestling if WWE just stops taking itself seriously to begin win. The lack of anything to care about, the misuse of stars, the overuse of certain stars, and the piss poor ideas are terrible. I like Triple H but why are he and Lesnar facing each other again? Why aren't ether involved with a current wrestler that would provoke interest? It's getting WCW bad right now. Why not run Rock & Lesnar as the Main Event instead of providing new and interesting things which helped us survive the Monday Night Wars to BEGIN WITH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE is the worst fucking promotion going on right now

Did Game Rage hijack Capone's account? That was War and Peace level right there.

Spoiler:

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Been holding that in for awhile but this Ryback and Fandango bullshit has really pissed me off. Oh.....and someone should put spoilers.
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE has been downhill since Extreme Rules of 2012. I actually enjoyed that pay per view. None of the titles mean anything and the company just recycle champions for the mid card belts. Nobody is being built up like from past years.

On Vacation

Status

So the WWE should take their biggest drawing face (and draw period) and flip him? What net benefit will that have long term? Who would replace Cena as the face of the compay then? Saying Punk or Sheamus is delusional. They would bleed money. The Cena heel turn, at this stage is the single dumbest buisness move they could make...

On Vacation

Status

What you're saying is like saying, well Coke should stop producing Cola and shift their production to Fanta because I like Fanta, and its better than Cola. That may be, but very poor buisness move you know...This is the same thing. Cena is cola. He is over with the masses, he has huge name recognition and is the flagship of the company. It makes no sense going Fanta unless Fanta is going to be a long term viable option. I get you want to see it from a creative stand point. Ive seen it argued we should not care about the buisness aspct as fans, but if we are going to ask fo things/discuss, you have to understand that side. Ultimately all creativity takes place withing the spectrum of buisness feasibility

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If people can't step away from the product when it gets bad, they're going to have to learn to be happy with a bad product. It's that simple, unfortunately. WWE isn't going to work hard unless it has to and it will never have to as long as people watch it week in and week out regardless of how stale the product is.

Don't like seeing the same match on Raw, Smackdown, and then Raw again? Don't like watching 35-40% of a show in replays? Stop watching.
    [save]

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by twixx92 View Post
    So the WWE should take their biggest drawing face (and draw period) and flip him? What net benefit will that have long term? Who would replace Cena as the face of the compay then? Saying Punk or Sheamus is delusional. They would bleed money. The Cena heel turn, at this stage is the single dumbest buisness move they could make...
    I'm ignoring your next post simply because I stopped caring around the point you brought up Cola for the fucking 30th time. So the WWE is going to avoid making much more money because they thinking staying with this one tool is just profitable. I've pointed it out several times that anyone can be John Cena and what they are doing is fucking up business. If Cena were to fold over tomorrow(God forbid of course), WWE would have no one to blame but themselves. He'd also have them by the balls on any decision they do since he has done everything outside of defeated Jesus.

And Natural, I don't watch anymore. I just read the results. There are somethings that I am happy reading and probably want to see like the Shield but I just want everyone to stop watching the product. I wish there was some way to get the globe to stop watching WWE for a entire 3 weeks.....that wasn't because of war of course.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Capone View Post
    I'm ignoring your next post simply because I stopped caring around the point you brought up Cola for the fucking 30th time. So the WWE is going to avoid making much more money because they thinking staying with this one tool is just profitable. I've pointed it out several times that anyone can be John Cena and what they are doing is fucking up business. If Cena were to fold over tomorrow(God forbid of course), WWE would have no one to blame but themselves. He'd also have them by the balls on any decision they do since he has done everything outside of defeated Jesus.

And Natural, I don't watch anymore. I just read the results. There are somethings that I am happy reading and probably want to see like the Shield but I just want everyone to stop watching the product. I wish there was some way to get the globe to stop watching WWE for a entire 3 weeks.....that wasn't because of war of course.
    That asshole did stab him tho

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

There are somethings that I am happy reading and probably want to see like the Shield but I just want everyone to stop watching the product. I wish there was some way to get the globe to stop watching WWE for a entire 3 weeks.....that wasn't because of war of course.
    We are on the same page, but you can't expect people to uphold standards when most don't understand the meaning of the word.
    [save]

ಠ_ಠ

Status

True. It's honestly just sad that this business CAN become a big deal even if they just improved on the little things.

im barely rasist

Status

You just have to accept that WWE are currently in the "Just Don't Give A Fuck" era.

Simply The Greatest

Status

Skimmed through it but it's not worth complaining. Ryback/Cena and HHH/Lesnar is pretty solid for a B show. Cena is still face because there's no mega face to fill his void. Punk has a following but he just doesn't have mega face in him. And there would be nobody to send out to the Make-A-Wish appearances and things like that. And the merchandise. If the WWE thought someone could fill his shoes, he would be heel by now. Austin had Rock and vice-versa.

Fandango has been good but the WWE is getting carried away by forcing the singing. The IC/US titles are pretty worthless, but also remember that they did tons of jobs before Mania because you couldn't have people in the important matches do jobs. Truth beat Barrett probably to lose to him in the UK next week. Don't know why Kofi's getting his 10th mid-card title reign in 5 years.

Hate to do the usual "if you don't like it, don't watch it", but it's true. If it's so terrible, don't waste your time.

Status

Never before has this been more fitting...

I feel ya. I agree with a lot of the frustrations. But I find getting frustrated over it does nothing but move me a step closer to having a heart attack - and I don't need help with that. When I found the frustration outweighed the enjoyment, I stopped watcing. I've watched very sporadically over the past year. I watched from January through WM, in hopes that it would draw me back. But it didn't. I may never come back as a full-time fan. So be it. I have accepted that I am not the WWE's target audience. Despite being a long-time fan with disposable income who can afford to drop $60 a month on PPVs, they don't target me and don't seem to care. So be it.

Fundamentally, wrestling is like any other form of entertainment. If its no longer worth your time or money, stop.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

True. It's honestly just sad that this business CAN become a big deal even if they just improved on the little things.
    When my friends who used to be fans ask what the deal is with John Cena and terrible booking in general, it's easiest to explain it as: WWE exists despite itself.

I remember a brief period of time where I was falling back in love with WWE, somewhere around the time of Henry vs Big Show and Daniel Bryan winning the title. Then Funkasaurus happened. And Jericho's "trolling," which was awful despite WWE apologists like Ken spinning it into something else entirely. Then the 18 seconds Mania match happened... For as many good decisions as they make, they make just as many stupid decisions, and sometimes more so.

Someone in the Raw thread said that they would keep watching, regardless of the quality. That might be good for Vince, but I don't think that type of fan is good for the business as a whole and I think that type of fan is a larger part of the current problems with the product than they realize.
    [save]

WAKE UP

Status

lol thread is mad tl:dr

WWE hasn't been great for a year or so now, but man there is fucking worse out there. They are probably the best of a bad bunch when you look at how awful modern indy and puro is. Even though TNA has gotten drastically better over the past 18 months, I'm still not sure they are a better promotion top to bottom.

Regardless, this is usually the time of the year when the WWE hits it's stride because they have all the buzz/momentum following Wrestlemania, without having to spend 90% of their effort building to one show. Going forward we have: Ziggler's title run, Hell No vs Shield, Henry getting a push, potetially Cena vs Ryback, Rock and Lesnar still around, and several other things that are all pretty positive.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

It sucks because people are going to look at stuff like Capone's post and say to stop watching and caring. When really, deep down i'm willing to bet he loves WWE and wants it to be better. Even if on their best possible level they fall well below the wrestling standards of other promotions as well as the acting standards of literally hundreds of other television shows and movies. Someone like Capone would still feel loyalty to them to watch.

I don't. What Natural said earlier is absolute fact. The WWE's fanbase consists almost entirely of people who like wrestling but don't know any better and folks that lump it into "guilty pleasure" territory like the Jersey Shore and a million other shows. It's not changing during our lifetimes unless someone takes over who's gung-ho about taking pride in their product and has a set goal of making things better and holding it up to standards that other shows/sports/entertainment has. The fact is to watch WWE you have to inherently lower those standards.
    As long as you remember me, I will always live within you. Not as a phantom limb or a phantom anything...As part of your heart. I will always be your angel of peace. So I know exactly how to finish...

Say..."Peace".

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah to say "don't watch it then" is a pretty crappy argument or statement back. From that post it is obvious that despite all the bad, Capone is passionate about the company. As much as people hate the product, the amount of passion that goes into that hate shows that he won't stop watching it.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestEarth View Post
    Yeah to say "don't watch it then" is a pretty crappy argument or statement back. From that post it is obvious that despite all the bad, Capone is passionate about the company. As much as people hate the product, the amount of passion that goes into that hate shows that he won't stop watching it.
    Then it won't change. I'm not saying my suggestion is ideal. I don't want to stop watching it. I want it to be good. But continuing to watch the product when I have to sift through shit to find a few flakes of gold is not my idea of a good time. And like I said, it's not going to change if people love it too much to stop watching. Sometimes you have to give tough love. I must reiterate: I don't stop watching for long periods of time because I want to. I do it because it hurts too much to see so much potential wasted, and that's only going to change if: a.) WWE gets competition from someone or b.) their viewership gets fed up with their shit and abandons them.
    [save]

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Then it won't change. I'm not saying my suggestion is ideal. I don't want to stop watching it. I want it to be good. But continuing to watch the product when I have to sift through shit to find a few flakes of gold is not my idea of a good time. And like I said, it's not going to change if people love it too much to stop watching. Sometimes you have to give tough love. I must reiterate: I don't stop watching for long periods of time because I want to. I do it because it hurts too much to see so much potential wasted, and that's only going to change if: a.) WWE gets competition from someone or b.) their viewership gets fed up with their shit and abandons them.
    Yes but saying to Capone to just not watch it is not going to change it either. The only it will change is if WWE started to lose money and lets be honest even if everyone on this board stopped watching WWE, it's like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic, it doesn't make a ripple. I can honestly say that other than just after Punk's promo and his title reign, I've not fully enjoyed anything since 2004 and in fact took a break from 2006 to 2012 and guess what? WWE never changed during that period. WWE will never change unless they start losing money and that is not happening anytime soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information