Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 29 snubs

Chikara Trainee

Status

WWE WrestleMania 29 snubs

Do you think that the reason why guys like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro, and the Divas were left off of WrestleMania 29 is because of the almighty dollar and guys like John Cena, CM Punk, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar draw and they don't?

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WrestleMania 29 snubs

Yes, but mainly it was timing issues

der Soulstealer

Status

Cesaro not being on the show was just stupid, I think it was part of the plan to have the title lose even more credibility. Other then that, I don't think anyone was being snubbed I mean Kofi and Truth haven't been really doing anything anyway don't see why they would have a random match at Mania. Although I love Rhodes Scholars, I'm very thankful I didn't have to see tons of funk, or my brother and his roomate drunkinly dance to there song with them.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Neither have Cody or Damien.

der Soulstealer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Miller View Post
    Neither have Cody or Damien.
    Neither have they what?

Simply The Greatest

Status

I'm just surprised they only had 7 matches in a 4-hour show. Obviously they had to scrap the 8-person tag late due to timing issues. I think the whole roster was snubbed in the sense that there should have been a pre-show battle royal, or Miz/Barrett should have been a lumberjack match. A lot of guys missed out on a Wrestlemania payday. But other than that, Cesaro was the most notable name left off the card, but that doesn't mean he deserved to be on it.

Wrestlemania 29 was just poorly timed out. I mean, they had to bump America the Beautiful!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Still really confused how they managed to mess up the timing so bad. They had friggin 5 hours to work with and 8 matches. at least 5 of which should only have gone 10-15 mins tops including entrances and such

But yeah it had less to do with drawing power and more to do with just terrible timing

Chikara Trainee

Status

Definitely. They gave Cena-Rock, Triple H-Lesnar, and Undertaker-Punk 40 minutes each.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

CESARO - US Champion?
    MIZ VS WADE BARRETT - On the actual card itself, should have put the eight person tag on the pre-show.
    NO DIVA MATCH - But I guess nobody would care about it anyway.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
    I'm just surprised they only had 7 matches in a 4-hour show. Obviously they had to scrap the 8-person tag late due to timing issues. I think the whole roster was snubbed in the sense that there should have been a pre-show battle royal, or Miz/Barrett should have been a lumberjack match. A lot of guys missed out on a Wrestlemania payday. But other than that, Cesaro was the most notable name left off the card, but that doesn't mean he deserved to be on it.
    The problem is the timing issues were caused by WWE themselves. The hour pre-show featured a bunch of vignettes that weren't needed because they were repeated on WrestleMania itself, or had been seen on Raw and SmackDown a thousand times. Granted, that's the point of the pre-show, so I can understand that at least, but the actually pay-per-view itself was ridiculously badly managed. They would've had more than enough time to show the eight person tag and "America, The Beautiful" if they'd just worked things out properly ahead of time.

They didn't need all the charity stuff, it's great and all, but it would be served far better by showing that on Raw given that in general it pulls similar or higher numbers with regards to who's watching, plus you don't pay for a show to get bombarded with adverts for charity events, Slim Jim's and the National Guard. Shawn Michaels didn't need his own entrance; he could've easily come out with, or just before Triple H and saved us all the couple of minutes that entrance took. They also didn't need to milk Del Rio's celebration as much as they did with Ziggler not cashing in, it was a tease, I get that, but it was annoying when they were clearly pressed for time. Oh yeah, and why the fuck did P-Diddy get a more elaborate entrance than half the roster, and perform a bunch of tracks, rather than just "Coming Home"?

Henry/Ryback could've done with being shorter too, and let's face it, after Punk/Taker the crowd needed the eight person tag to cool down and prepare for the Lesnar/HHH match, because that match would've benefited from a hot crowd - until it killed them.

Not having a battle royale to stuff as many people on the show as possible was a good thing! WrestleMania is the biggest pay day of the year and it should be reserved for those that have gone out of their way night after night to make every show great, not as a way to get Alex Riley a nice pay check for two minutes work before being eliminated by The Great Khali.

As for Cesaro, he's one of those that had gone out night after night to make every show great, and he's manage to make an irrelevant title mean something and had a ready made feud coming out of Elimination Chamber. That he was left off the show was criminal. The same goes for the announced match. You don't announce a match and then not show it; I don't care who it is, it's just fucking unprofessional!

im barely rasist

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    You don't announce a match and then not show it; I don't care who it is, it's just fucking unprofessional!
    "Card Subject To Change"

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cahill View Post
    "Card Subject To Change"
    You're point being?

im barely rasist

Status

You're point being?
    That you can announce a match and then not have it happen at all.

The EST of WC

Status

On a side show yes. On the "Biggest show of the year" it does look pretty damn bad

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

So, you're saying that it's completely acceptable for them to announce matches that they know aren't going to happen?

Cool...

On a completely unrelated note, did y'all hear about them booking Bruno Sammartino vs. CM Punk, Undertaker vs. Sting, and Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit for Extreme Rules.

Yeah, ok... I'm being ridiculous, but the point holds weight. What if they'd decided to pull Rock/Cena for no reason? It's a pay-per-view, there's nothing stopping them going over by five minutes so why scrap a match that they bothered to announce and build, that would've last fifteen minutes tops.

"Card subject to change" is a disclaimer that exists specifically in case of injuries, not because the management of a multi-billion dollar, publicly traded company couldn't work out the times right. Having worked as a promoter myself, I know that if you're pulling something that you've announced ahead of time you give a good bloody reason or you give people a discount/refund.

It's pathetic that the leading professional wrestling company on the planet can't run the biggest show of the year exactly how they announced it.

im barely rasist

Status

Guys, the match didn't matter in the first place.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Again...

Your point?

If you announce a match for WrestleMania, the biggest show by the biggest company, it happens. If it doesn't happen you look idiotic for overfilling the card in the first place. Especially when you overfilled it with adverts and musical performances.

im barely rasist

Status

Again...

Your point?

If you announce a match for WrestleMania, the biggest show by the biggest company, it happens. If it doesn't happen you look idiotic for overfilling the card in the first place. Especially when you overfilled it with adverts and musical performances.
    My point is it doesn't matter and you're blowing it out of proportion.

The EST of WC

Status

To be fair it did matter in the end. Because that matter never happen the crowd were pretty much dead after Taker/Punk. Throw that match into the mix to cool them off and it could have been a different matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information