Page 1 of 23 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MLS/CONCACAF/American Soccer Thread

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

MLS/CONCACAF/American Soccer Thread

Currently not doing too bad in the CONCACAF Champions League, Seattle just pulled a win from Tigres after Tigres tried to win aggregate and sent out a team of reserves and youth players, Houston has the task of being Santos in Santos, unlikely to happen, but if Houston pulls through against them there's a chance of guaranteeing an MLS team in the final. Los Angeles takes the field against Herediano tonight, and hopefully should pull through. That would make the quarterfinal draw Monterrey/Seattle/Los Angeles/Santos(I really don't see Houston winning) That would be a good take for MLS.

As far as the MLS Season goes, I like that they have a rivalry week in the second week. Good views will be RSL vs CR, SEA vs POR, NY vs DC, and HOU/DAL. I may or may not make the trip with the Rapids supporters to Rio Tinto for the RSL/CR game, but we'll see.

~!~

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: MLS/CONCACAF/American Soccer Thread

That goal by the Sounders last night was fucking insane.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

User Profiles Suck

Status
    You mean this one

Words cannot describe how bad Djimi Traore was in England.
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Like I said, Houston struggled mightily against Santos, and Galaxy coasted to a win vs Herediano. We still have a chance at an all MLS final, or at least one MLS team in the final.

~!~

Status
      Country                    United States

LOOOOOL @ the snow in this game. I don't watch a lot of soccer obviously, but I've never seen snow in a soccer game.

Also, I had no idea Henry was in MLS. Are there any other big Euro players in MLS? I obviously know that Beckham was with the Galaxy for a while, but thought he was the only one.

-----------------

It's True, It's True

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Also, I had no idea Henry was in MLS. Are there any other big Euro players in MLS? I obviously know that Beckham was with the Galaxy for a while, but thought he was the only one.
    There's a couple of other big name players that have gone to America for one last run before retirement. Former Champions League winner and Barcelona player Rafael Marquez played there last year. Robbie Keane has played for teams like Inter Milan, Spurs and Liverpool and plays for LA Galaxy.

Henry is the biggest name by some distance though. Unfortunately for the MLS, they have competition from the Australian, Chinese and middle eastern leagues for older players looking for retirement.

I Think I'm Cool

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Papiss 93' View Post
    You mean this one

Words cannot describe how bad Djimi Traore was in England.
    lol the same player that gave us this:

It might interest Nash and Shock to hear that former Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins also now plays for Seattle Sounders after completing his move this week.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    A good game between Real and Rapids today. Getting a draw was good for Rapids, and their keeper played fantastically.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa - 5/3 SO), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire – 0/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake – 0/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake – 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City – 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City – 6/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy – 1/0), Clarence Goodson (Brondby – 5/0), Justin Morrow (San Jose Earthquakes – 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla – 26/6), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake – 2/0), Michael Bradley (Roma – 20/5), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana – 1/0), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor – 10/0), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04 – 6/0), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht – 13/0), Brek Shea (Stoke City – 2/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City – 4/0)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar – 18/6), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna – 2/0), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur – 27/11), Herculez Gomez (Santos – 6/2), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC – 12/10)

Ravaged by injuries, it'll be an interesting few games for this WC Qualifier, at full health, I'd have confidence, but Brek Shea is recovering from injury, Dempsey is recovering from injury, Bocanegra isn't in the squad due to not appearing for Santander(one would assume), Also missing Edgar Castillo, Tim Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Specter and Jose Torres to name a few. It'd be great if Donovan could come back, he's too much of a priss at this point it seems. We should still handle Costa Rica(I'll be there March 22), but Mexico will be a tough get in Mexico City. I imagine our team sheet will look something like

Guzan
    Morrow-Besler-Gonzalez-Cameron
    Bradley-Jones
    Shea-Dempsey-Zusi
    Altidore

One can hope at the very least.

User Profiles Suck

Status
    It seems like Eddie Johnsons goal record stands out, is he still behind Altidore in the international squad? If so, how come?

I never keep up with the USA national team.
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiss 93' View Post
    It seems like Eddie Johnsons goal record stands out, is he still behind Altidore in the international squad? If so, how come?

I never keep up with the USA national team.
    For my selection its mostly based on what I've seen. Altidore is a better all around striker, Johnson's better at simply putting the ball in the net, but can't get back, win possession, and is weak when he's challenged.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    I'm already here and it looks like a good crowd!

~!~

Status
      Country                    United States

You gotta give us an indepth analysis as to how that was to be at. Looked BANANAS on TV.

-----------------

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

It was bananas, I was the only one loving the snow, and parts of the stadium cleared out fairly quickly when the snow really started to pick up, from what I saw from the stands though, the US played fairly well, the lone exception was Geoff Cameron. I was fairly surprised that Beasley played so well, especially since he was "out of position" for the most part, Omar Gonzalez looked timid at times, but that kid can win headers with the best of 'em. Guzan's saves lives were heart killers, the cross early on sent a collective chill through the crowd. Dempsey was Dempsey with the US as per, Dude looked calm, collected and composed throughout the whole match. Clarence was a nice surprise for the squad as well, I didn't expect that good of a performance from him. I was sad Brek Shea didn't play, but it was understandable, the game in Mexico is much more important. Bradley did exactly what I expected him to, completing 41/48 passes in driving snow, and holding that defensive midfield nicely throughout the game.

The atmosphere was great up until the snow started driving, then it went from "WE'RE WINNING!!!!!!" to "OH GOD SNOW WHAT DO I DO" The restart was also great, nearly every player and coach on the field pleading with the ref to keep the game going. Say what you will about this game not being an accurate representation of a "Beautiful Game" but it was fantastic to watch them battle the elements. If anything is a disgrace(hi Costa Rica's manager) it's how bitter the Costa Ricans are about losing. My favorite quote coming from Bolanos who plays for Kobenhavn(in Denmark) that he had never played in such conditions before, when in fact he has, many times. I felt the lines were kept clear enough, and that should Costa Rica protest this game to FIFA, FIFA should reject the notion.

Overall, a fantastic experience.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The once-in-a-lifetime talent of Freddy Adu is headed to Brazil after reaching a mutual contract termination agreement with Philadelphia Union. He's still only 23, so we can't say he's peaked as a footballer, but he certainly has never lived up to his initial billing. Even as a general disappointment, I'll never stop rooting for Freddy Adu.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Motherfucker Jones is out of the game against Mexico, even if he played poorly in the match against Costa Rica(though if he sprained his ankle as bad as it sounds

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

We may never win a real World Cup, but beating Mexico in Mexico would be HUGE. Here's the Starting XI

Guzan
    Beasley - Besler - Gonzalez - Cameron
    Edu - Bradley
    Gomez - Dempsey - Zusi
    Altidore

I imagine Johnson will come on late for Altidore if we need goals. I hope Edu plays well in place of Jones, and I'm sad that Shea is still out of the XI

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

God I wish Cherundulo was playing

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

lol fuck you mexican announcer, that's not a penalty.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

GOD DAMN WASTED CORNER

Thread Information