Country                    England

Re: Jim's Wrestling Reviews Archive

Fast Lane 2015 please sir

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Fast Lane 2015 please sir
    Just because I don't know how likely it is that I can be tempted into re-watching a fairly recent PPV, especially one as forgettable as Fastlane, I'll just post a few random memories here.

Goldust vs Stardust sucked. Cena vs Rusev wasn't bad, but didn't do much to entertain me. I was pleased to see Rusev going over though. Bryan vs Reigns was a hell of a match considering some of the doubts about Reigns. Really easy match to be emotionally invested due to everyone wanting to see a repeat of Wrestlemania 30 with Bryan going on to the main event. I gave that match *** 3/4. The rest of the show was completely forgettable. No other matches received at least *** from me.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Extreme Rules 2014

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: Jim's WWE Reviews Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think ECW One Night Stand 2005 and 2006 are must-reviews. I'd love to hear your thoughts on those two shows as they're totally different to almost every other WWE PPV ever.
    I'm still waiting for these reviews

Heel Champion

Status

Would love a Backlash 2002 Review, was really impressed.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Would love a Backlash 2002 Review, was really impressed.
    Really? Besides Tajiri/Kidman and Edge/Angle, the rest of the show was pretty awful IIRC.

Still Kicking It

Status

Backlash review? Cause we like to see you bury stuff. But I'll show mercy on you. Never saw a review for the Ted Petty Invitational 2004, which was a mixed bag of good and bad, seeing as its booked by Ian Rotten.

Status

One of my reviewing goals of 2017 is to finally wrap up the WCW PPV's. By my count, I have seventeen official/regular PPV's left. This goes from Starrcade 1987-Greed 2001 and does not include any of the foreign PPV's. If there's any preference for which ones I cover earlier than others, let me know. A lot of these aren't very interesting to me for one reason or another, so it may help if I'm just told what to review next rather than spending far too long trying to decide which shitty nWo era PPV I should cover, for example.

Jim's yet to be reviewed WCW PPV's
    Starrcade 1989
    Starrcade 1990
    Superbrawl VII
    Halloween Havoc 1997
    Uncensored 1999
    Superbrawl X
    Last edited by Jim; 06-04-2017 at 03:48 PM.

HOSS MOD

Status

You may as well get the epitome of shitty nWo PPVs out of the way with Souled Out 97. After all, there's not a PPV left on your list that's more nWo than that one.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Yeah, I want 1997 shows since I'm watching it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'd go with Starrcade 1988, mainly so I can see your thoughts on Midnights vs. Midnights and Flair vs. Luger. As I recall, the rest of the show was pretty bad.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Movie Villains~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Still Kicking It

Status

Bash at the Beach 1996 to get your take on Hogan's swerve and GAB 1990, which I've been high on, but I think I know what I'm in for.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Uncensored 1996
    Great American Bash 1996
    Hog Wild 1996
    Superbrawl VII
    Slamboree 1997
    Road Wild 1997
    Halloween Havoc 1997

Try to get these done soonest, imo. Specifically Hog Wild and GAB.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Wrestlemania 33 please. Getting impatient waiting

Still waiting for that One Night Stand 2005 review. It's been 4 years, man.

Status

Wrestlemania 33 please. Getting impatient waiting
    Probably not going to happen. I was watching along on Sunday, writing up the review as the show was going on, but I gave up in the middle of the show as nothing was truly standing out. I ended up just falling asleep at the very start of Reigns/Taker. Wrestlemania of the WWE Network era is just too damn long for a show that isn't producing multiple ****+ matches. Wrestlemania 33 had a two hour pre-show, which you sorta had to watch all of since you didn't know when the matches would air, the standard four hour Wrestlemania, and then an hour+ overrun is far too long, especially when I care as little as I do about the current product. As long as the WWE is going to continue to have these gigantic length Wrestlemanias, I don't know if I'm going to be able to even endure watching even those.

Below is my partial review for Wrestlemania 33 before I just gave up:

Spoiler:

Neville © vs Austin Aries - WWE Cruiserweight Title
    First time seeing Aries in a WWE ring and I’m legitimately happy for him. I’m glad people are finally leaving the cesspool that is TNA to go somewhere to get a bit of attention. The first thing that stood out was the fact that the WWE did a far better job at bringing the fans in to fill in the building compared to WM 32’s opening match of Ryback vs Kalisto where it looked half empty. While it was slower than their indie matches, these two delivered a hell of a match for the time killer that is the Cruiserweight division. I was under the assumption that Aries would win the title, so a Neville win came as a surprise. I loved that they played into Aries’ previous eye injury for Neville’s means of gaining the advantage at the very end. A bit disappointed this wasn’t on the actual Mania, but this was fun. *** ¼

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal #4
    If nothing else, this battle royal was unpredictable. Initially, I assumed the obvious winner was going to be Braun Strowman. The only other winners I saw were Big Show (A final achievement for him) or a surprise appearance by someone. So when Braun and Show were eliminated far earlier than expected and there weren’t any real surprise participants, I was forced to re-think my prediction. Sami Zayn was still in the match, so he’d likely be the winner with him last eliminating Dolph Ziggler. Yet, neither guy even made the final four. It’s worth mentioning that despite this unpredictably, so few guys are actually standing out in the match. I don’t understand at all having the Chinese NXT wrestler in this match and then not have him do a single memorable thing. Finally, it came down to Big Damo, Jinder Mahal (Seriously, why did the WWE re-hire this geek?), and Mojo. So obviously the winner would be Big Damo. Yet, Big Damo is tossed out first and after some interference from a NFL star, Mojo f’n Rawley won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Seriously? Mojo? This match had the likes of Braun, Big Show, Zayn, Ziggler, Harper, and even NXT’s Big Damo and yet Mojo won? This match deserves credit for being unpredictable, but that hardly means this was good. **

Dean Ambrose © vs Baron Corbin - WWE IC Title
    Wait. THIS got bumped from Wrestlemania in favor of the Smackdown Women’s match? Really? Carmella gets to be a part of Wrestlemania, but Ambrose doesn’t? I’m not even someone who sees Moxley/Ambrose as someone other than a strictly average wrestler, but he was WWE World Champion in 2016! *CHECK WWE TITLE STAT HERE*. Seriously, I actually feel bad for Ambrose. In my limited experience of watching Corbin, he just isn’t a good wrestler. This wasn’t anything notable. There’s a bunch of counters and fairly competitive, but I didn’t care about a single moment of any of this. In the end, Ambrose wins with his DDT finisher to retain the title. Again, Ambrose wasn’t on Mania?! It’s just a match that I’d presume you can find on any edition of Smackdown. ** ½

Can we all agree this pre-show was pointless? There weren’t any title changes and Mojo won a match.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
    The main thing that stood out in this one was, “Why was Shane even in this?” It didn’t have any big match feel that a match would normally have when a McMahon is wrestling and Shane competed like any normal wrestler. You could have worked this same match with Ambrose/Styles instead. Still, this was really fun. Give tons of props to AJ to pulling a really good match out of McMahon without it being an actual gimmick match. They simply went out there and had a competitive match with a few big spots, nearfalls, and ultimately the right guy going over with AJ winning. I still don’t know why this was a match, but unlike last year, this was a perfectly fine use of Shane O’Mac. *** ¼

Chris Jericho © vs Kevin Owens - WWE US Title

Bayley © vs Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax - Raw Women’s Title
    Much to my surprise, it was Nia Jax who added the most to this match. I loved the little story with all of the women trying and failing against the monster that is Jax before they figured out that they needed to team up. Once Jax was eliminated, it didn’t feel as if there was much of a story. Sasha was randomly eliminated without turning heel on Bayley and that led into a longer segment of just Bayley vs Charlotte. It certainly wasn’t bad with Charlotte working over Bayley’s knee, but there wasn’t any real substance to it. Bayley won and all I could think was that THIS was the big Raw women’s match? This? Really? Okay then. Not bad, just expected something that mattered more. ***

Status

Just pretend it's like an ROH double shot weekend and review it in 2 parts, imo.

Status

Just pretend it's like an ROH double shot weekend and review it in 2 parts, imo.
    I haven't even reviewed a ROH show since September 2015. If you'd like, I can get in the WM 33 review within two years...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I haven't even reviewed a ROH show since September 2015. If you'd like, I can get in the WM 33 review within two years...
    To be honest, that's how long it felt like it took to get through HHH vs Rollins and Bray vs Orton.

Can we get ONS 2005 though?

Status

Can we get ONS 2005 though?
    I found my partially completed ONS 2005 review on a flash drive, so I'll be able to finish that review soon.

The saw is family!

Status

Jim,

Unless I missed it, how about reviewing the AWA PPV Super Clash 3 from 1988?

One of my fave endings in the World Title unification match between Jerry Lawler and Kerry Von Erich.

Thread Information