Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Pretty diverse episode this week, felt a lot more story driven which I guess is to be expected given the championship edition next week. The tag match was good, I like that the Briscoes were put back together as it seemed there wasn’t a plan for them after the Jay/EC3 feud fell through. I was surprised by the outcome, I don’t even know why because LFI winning makes so much more sense than a throwaway with The Briscoes. I also liked how they made it feel like a sense of achievement for Amy Rose as a manger and not just Lee and King, I think it’s a lot art with managing these days for them to feel like a professional and not just a wrestling character. The post-match segment was unexpected but a welcome surprise, I feel like ROH is making up for some of its Final Battle rescheduling with this and the main event. Also I wonder if Gordon is making moves to join LFI and what this will mean for his TV title shot?

How is Mike Bennett undefeated in his return and yet doesn’t seem anywhere on the rankings? I could be wrong but they always make a massive deal out of his success but then continue to sell his leg injury. On the one hand I like the fact that it doesn’t disappear after a week like with other companies, however it’s a bit lost when he’s won every match back for them to be like “don’t forget Mike was injured!”, it feels a bit overdone. I’d never seen Bateman wrestle before, he’s got a good look and is a lot bigger than I thought, the post-match was kind of unexpected but after EC3 came out in the first match and cut a cryptic promo, I was a bit over Vincent - also Vita Von Starr managed to teleport from ringside to backstage pretty quickly. I’m sensing that Beer City Bruiser will be a difference maker in this feud moving forward but I also feel that the OGK and Righteous stuff needs to finish up soon.

The main event was good! Shane Taylor Promotions really impress me but I did think it felt underwhelming just because the match was supposed to happen and part of me thinks that the angle that they were going to award STP the belts by default just feels like STP were always going to win this match. Moses can move for a big guy, he did really well in this match and I honestly think Kaun could be something in a few years.

My only gripe with ROH at the moment is similar to AEW - the legitimacy of the rankings. Shane Taylor seemed to be the only #1 who is actually wrestling for a belt next week. It feels like ROH has so much talent but it’s the same people getting the title shots, did Taylor need to win the belt this week if he’s being pushed for the World title? Similar to how Gresham is holding two of the belts defending against a team that has the TV champion within it. I always feel that ROH love having select members of the roster carry two titles at once, it feels a tad overdone and lazy when they could invest in newer talent.

Main Eventer

Status

I have to watch this episode later on during the week. i had a water infiltration in my basement yesterday. This episode looks great. its the highest rated ROH show in years on 411.

really looking forward to see the developments based off of LFI putting King in his place heading into next week. I wouldnt mind King joining STP.

Shane has really stepped up.
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Main Eventer

Status

some big news from ROH

EC3 signed a contract.

Also next week: King and Lee vs Gresham and Lethal in a Pure Tag team match. Also Shane Taylor vs Rush for the World Championship
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

Kelly Klein is filing a lawsuit against ROH, Sinclair Broadcasting and accuses Jay Lethal of harassment.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/k...hal-harassment
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

For the upcomming Dragon Lee vs Brian Johnson

I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

How is Brian Johnson getting this and not Tracy Williams?

I saw about the Kelly Klein thing, it’s a shame because I really felt that she was one of the first homegrown girls within Ring of Honor and then it seems like murky backstage stuff has had a knock on effect for the whole women’s division. I know some accuse her of cheating with Joey Mercury but I guess we’ll never know which side of the story is accurate. I just hope they find some resolve with this.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    How is Brian Johnson getting this and not Tracy Williams?

I saw about the Kelly Klein thing, it’s a shame because I really felt that she was one of the first homegrown girls within Ring of Honor and then it seems like murky backstage stuff has had a knock on effect for the whole women’s division. I know some accuse her of cheating with Joey Mercury but I guess we’ll never know which side of the story is accurate. I just hope they find some resolve with this.
    They had a poll on ROHs Fan Experience thing on Facebook and Brian won. Same as Shane Taylor.

I voted for Tracey!!!

Most of Kleins accusations were all brought to light when it happened. From what i have heard, the women are not limited to ROH so they can take outside bookings.
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

The show tonight looks fantastic. been reading lots of positivity from those who saw it on tv over the weekend

Dragon Lee and Kenny King vs Gresham and Lethal for the tag straps

and

Shane Taylor vs Rush for the ROH Title!!!!

heres a video for the main event:

I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

Good Show this week.

I loved the tag match but didnt care for the finish. Lethal vs Lee was awesome to see. LFI were classic heels throughout the match but the finish came off looking weak. Props to the annouce team for explaining Dragon lees inexperience in Pure Rules matches and why he went to the ropes early in the match. ***1/2

Shane Taylor vs Rush was great but no one expected the Rush to lose here. I enjoyed Kenny Kings commentary during the match and enjoyed his inclusion on the finish. Shanes going to kill him and i cant wait to hear what he has to say ***3/4

i didnt give a review of last weeks but I'll just give star ratings

Briscoes vs King and Lee ***3/4
    Bennett vs Bateman ***
    Shane Taylor Promotions vs Mexisquad ****1/4
    I am the Foundation

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread Information