Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1510

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Main Eventer

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    TIL people actually use Facebook to discuss Ring of Honor, so no, I cannot say I took it from Facebook. It's a pretty easy joke to make; I'm sure hundreds of people thought the same essential thing.
    plenty of people do use facebook to discuss ROH. i know because i do.

but yes it is an easy joke to make. its just strange i read the exact same joke last night. i thought maybe you were the guy on fb who wrote it
    I am the Foundation

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Main Eventer

Status

Apparently Bandido resigned too!!! Hell Yeah!!!!
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I think ROH just needs more fluency, they seemed to have had a TV deal for years and yet feel no more visible for it. It’s almost like when Impact went to Destination America. I think they’ve got a good product, people will always say there’s no ‘names’ there and jump on the bandwagon when the ‘no name’ joins another promotion but I think that they’ve got a nice mix of the old guard and some fresh faces.

I wish they worked on their women’s division though.

Status
      Country                    United States

Their TV distribution doesn't seem that desirable. Though it is broadcast all throughout the USA, it comes on pretty random local stations (those owned by Sinclair) with little advertising in most cases, and I believe the timeslots are also pretty varied. Not as good as being on the same channel at the same time every week.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I think ROH just needs more fluency, they seemed to have had a TV deal for years and yet feel no more visible for it. It’s almost like when Impact went to Destination America. I think they’ve got a good product, people will always say there’s no ‘names’ there and jump on the bandwagon when the ‘no name’ joins another promotion but I think that they’ve got a nice mix of the old guard and some fresh faces.

I wish they worked on their women’s division though.
    Cant really argue with anything you said but id still say they are bigger now than 2005 , 2006 even 2009 when they got their first tv deal. They had more buzz back then but in no way were they bigger.

Completely agree on the bandwagon thing when one of the wrestlers leaves to go to a bigger company. ive seen it happen now with the Bucks, Roderick Strong, Adam Page, Adam Cole, Kyle Oreily and others. its always funny to me.

I love their product, though ill always feel it was better in 2003-2010.

I find their locker room has lots of talent and they produce great matches.

They are trying to build a stronger womens division but honestly i wish theyd drop womens wrestling unless they get a longer show. Though i get its important for female fans, especially young ones, to have female wrestlers to look up to and everything else about womens wrestling. i just think they need a longer show to show it off with the rest of roster

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Their TV distribution doesn't seem that desirable. Though it is broadcast all throughout the USA, it comes on pretty random local stations (those owned by Sinclair) with little advertising in most cases, and I believe the timeslots are also pretty varied. Not as good as being on the same channel at the same time every week.
    yeah their tv time slot is a mess. thats why 8 inform people if they want to watch it at a normal time, just watch it Mondays at 7 or 8 whenever it comes on their website. Its so much easier.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-05-2021 at 07:27 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I see what you’re saying, I think it all links back to their programming, if they had a network deal that seemed to treat them better than you could format the show better to feature storylines and matches on rotation (almost like early NXT).

I definitely agree there has been an improvement, ROH was heading into murky territory at the start of 2020 both on-screen and backstage so I think this break has benefitted it in a sense. I just think there’s a lot of issues, the six man tag team belts feel very much an afterthought to me at the moment, the women’s division as I mentioned and just not having that audience. I keep up to date with AEW but I don’t watch it every week but knowing that Dark is there for me to view makes me pop my head in, the same happened for the Final Battle pre-show. I definitely think that they could do something like that, although I will say their YouTube output has improved.

I also like the idea of the ROH Experience, though I’m sceptical of how much they’ll listen to the fans’ input.

Status

Well, I think the bigger overlying issue is that they are owned by Sinclair, and Sinclair likes having ROH so they have programming for their stations, and so I can't imagine any scenario where ROH ends up broadcast anywhere else... certainly not on a channel like USA, TNT or even AXS. Like, at this point, I think the only way their TV format changes is if Sinclair sells the company.

Main Eventer

Status

Well, I think the bigger overlying issue is that they are owned by Sinclair, and Sinclair likes having ROH so they have programming for their stations, and so I can't imagine any scenario where ROH ends up broadcast anywhere else... certainly not on a channel like USA, TNT or even AXS. Like, at this point, I think the only way their TV format changes is if Sinclair sells the company.
    ROh has moved around that obstacle by pushing their show on their website though. I follow them on FB and they actually post a lot of shit on their page and the show is pushed as the weekend/Monday approaches.

Maybe its just me, but i don't have any tv channels and it s been a long time. I m used to using my computer for most everything entertainment wise.

I see what you’re saying, I think it all links back to their programming, if they had a network deal that seemed to treat them better than you could format the show better to feature storylines and matches on rotation (almost like early NXT).

I definitely agree there has been an improvement, ROH was heading into murky territory at the start of 2020 both on-screen and backstage so I think this break has benefitted it in a sense. I just think there’s a lot of issues, the six man tag team belts feel very much an afterthought to me at the moment, the women’s division as I mentioned and just not having that audience. I keep up to date with AEW but I don’t watch it every week but knowing that Dark is there for me to view makes me pop my head in, the same happened for the Final Battle pre-show. I definitely think that they could do something like that, although I will say their YouTube output has improved.

I also like the idea of the ROH Experience, though I’m sceptical of how much they’ll listen to the fans’ input.
    If you want to watch their show, its free on their website. i haven't logged in to watch their tv in months. i just go there and watch it. I hardly ever watch it at 7. its usually after its over, i just watch the stream.

We'll see what they do for the dream matches everyone is asking for, for the Experience. Im skeptical as well. But if it helps put some up and comer like Lee Moriarty on their show, its plus.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-05-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

double post
    I am the Foundation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    ROh has moved around that obstacle by pushing their show on their website though. I follow them on FB and they actually post a lot of shit on their page and the show is pushed as the weekend/Monday approaches.

Maybe its just me, but i don't have any tv channels and it s been a long time. I m used to using my computer for most everything entertainment wise.
    That's all well and good, and I'm sure most "ROH fans" watch it online anyways but it would definitely help them reaching new fans and solidifying themselves if they had a good TV set-up as well, because that's where you get the casual fans I think.

Main Eventer

Status

That's all well and good, and I'm sure most "ROH fans" watch it online anyways but it would definitely help them reaching new fans and solidifying themselves if they had a good TV set-up as well, because that's where you get the casual fans I think.
    Oh of course!!! Im not trying to deny TV wouldn't help them. It would tremendously. I think they know Sinclair hardly cares and so they do what they can within their control.
    I am the Foundation

Main Eventer

Status

Big match tonight. Dragon Lee vs Rey Horus for the Tv Title!!!!!! Watch for free at 7 pm
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I’ve just seen that Deppen is returning also, which is a great shout. I feel like that’s an easy one to chart up to ‘fan demand’ but was likely in their agenda. I really enjoyed him at Final Battle, so I’m intrigued to see more from him.

Main Eventer

Status

Great episode this Week!!! New ranking system. Mckay explains well enough. Titus vs Gordon was good. But holy fuck Rey Horus vs Dragon Lee was awesome!!!
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status

The presentation wasn’t what I was expecting but I did enjoy it, McKay is a real asset and I feel that they need to capitalise on her when they look to relaunch a women’s division. I actually enjoyed the finish to Gordon vs Titus, I really enjoy the Pure matches.

Main Eventer

Status

The presentation wasn’t what I was expecting but I did enjoy it, McKay is a real asset and I feel that they need to capitalise on her when they look to relaunch a women’s division. I actually enjoyed the finish to Gordon vs Titus, I really enjoy the Pure matches.
    Quinns the bomb.

Yeah the finish was well done. I think ROH officials throwing Flip out of the rankings is the start of Flip going crazy. This was a good showing by Titus as well

What did you think of Rey vs Lee?
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status

I enjoyed it, I was surprised how much they managed to fit into the match. Both men were really impressive, my only gripe is the amount of big moves Lee took, obviously he looks great from it but he literally took two Spanish flies and a Canadian (Mexican) Destroyer. However, I thought it was a really good bout and I just love the sense of importance there was, even without the crowd. I think ROH does ‘rules’ very well, not just the code of honor but how they make each title feel different. I wish other promotions did that.

Main Eventer

Status

The show this week was awesome. On paper, it looked decent but both matches delivered.

Segment with Dragon Lee after his match vs Horus was ok until Brody King showed up and basically but Dragon Lee and his family on notice.

Woods and Castles promos before their match were both solid. Match was a great technical encounter and once again, the right guy won.

Foundation promo was really great. im enjoying the hell out of Hot sauces promos. They say it was honorable that Shane T promotions turned downed the 6 man titles because of the covid shake up whereas the six man titles couldn't be defended.

Shane T Promotions promo was as expected greatness. Shanes quickly becoming the best promo outside of Jay Briscoe.

First thing first, Gresham holding up both belts infront of Shane T Promotion before the bell was awesome. Just oozing confidence.

The match was great and over delivered. Everyone looked awesome in this match . Shane Taylor hits Welcome to the Land on Lethal and pins him. Surprising Victory and im actually happy with it.

Foundation shake their hands.

The more i watch the ROH tv show, the more i love what they are going for. the promos before the matches tells characters stories for each wrestler. I love how its done.

Star ratings id go

Woods vs Castle ***1/2
    Foundation vs STP ****

Show flew by. Id say this was one of the best shows since they restarted. Well balanced story/ Character progression wraped up with great matches

If you re on the fence about trying the new ROH out, check this show.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-26-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    I am the Foundation

Fire Walk with Me

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The show this week was awesome. On paper, it looked decent but both matches delivered.

Segment with Dragon Lee after his match vs Horus was ok until Brody King showed up and basically but Dragon Lee and his family on notice.

Woods and Castles promos before their match were both solid. Match was a great technical encounter and once again, the right guy won.

Foundation promo was really great. im enjoying the hell out of Hot sauces promos. They say it was honorable that Shane T promotions turned downed the 6 man titles because of the covid shake up whereas the six man titles couldn't be defended.

Shane T Promotions promo was as expected greatness. Shanes quickly becoming the best promo outside of Jay Briscoe.

First thing first, Gresham holding up both belts infront of Shane T Promotion before the bell was awesome. Just oozing confidence.

The match was great and over delivered. Everyone looked awesome in this match . Shane Taylor hits Welcome to the Land on Lethal and pins him. Surprising Victory and im actually happy with it.

Foundation shake their hands.

The more i watch the ROH tv show, the more i love what they are going for. the promos before the matches tells characters stories for each wrestler. I love how its done.

Star ratings id go

Woods vs Castle ***1/2
    Foundation vs STP ****

Show flew by. Id say this was one of the best shows since they restarted. Well balanced story/ Character progression wraped up with great matches

If you re on the fence about trying the new ROH out, check this show.
    It felt weird seeing a short match in ROH but I really enjoyed SOS vs The Foundation, it’s refreshing to watch a product and feel like I don’t know the result. I honestly thought the Foundation would go over but I really enjoyed their character work with the breaks for a meeting on the outside. Taylor always felt a bit meh for me but I’m enjoying STP, SOS - Kaun in particular is loaded with potential. I loved the Foundation targeting Moses’ arm as well, it felt like a good veteran move and despite STP being huge, it never felt like a tired ‘big man’ domination match.

I love a Pure match, my only negative is that with the timer being visible it does feel like the endings get rushed in, I feel like they need a contest where it goes to a time limit or one that finishes ahead of time. I still enjoy Castle, I don’t know what his alignment is currently but I would prefer to see him as a full blown heel, I definitely think he’d stand out more - I enjoyed his narration. Woods always looks a bit awkward to be but I think that’s his look rather than anything else, I loved his post-match interview and giving him some depth, not just taking the win.

Main Eventer

Status

It felt weird seeing a short match in ROH but I really enjoyed SOS vs The Foundation, it’s refreshing to watch a product and feel like I don’t know the result. I honestly thought the Foundation would go over but I really enjoyed their character work with the breaks for a meeting on the outside. Taylor always felt a bit meh for me but I’m enjoying STP, SOS - Kaun in particular is loaded with potential. I loved the Foundation targeting Moses’ arm as well, it felt like a good veteran move and despite STP being huge, it never felt like a tired ‘big man’ domination match.

I love a Pure match, my only negative is that with the timer being visible it does feel like the endings get rushed in, I feel like they need a contest where it goes to a time limit or one that finishes ahead of time. I still enjoy Castle, I don’t know what his alignment is currently but I would prefer to see him as a full blown heel, I definitely think he’d stand out more - I enjoyed his narration. Woods always looks a bit awkward to be but I think that’s his look rather than anything else, I loved his post-match interview and giving him some depth, not just taking the win.
    I thought Foundation was going over, but instead they made Shane Taylor look like a million bucks pinning Lethal in the middle of the ring. Im amped to see Taylor vs Rush now.

I also loved the arm work. SOS are getting better every match.

I get you view on the clock but its now an intergral part of the match..I think 2 matches have gone the limit and Kenny King is using
    his loss as a character trait that ROH doesnt respect him.

I want Castle as a heel too. He needs a change up but hes taking losses and putting over guys. Woods is going to break out this year. Hes going to be wearing gold soon enough

I love the format. i cant say it enough. the promos before matches set up the matches perfectly. And in Woods case, i find its like were watching his character develop as his showings progress. And its working, hescreally popular on ROHs Facebook page. Fans seem to be really getting behind him

Same with last week with Rey Horus. After his win at FB, and his interview before his tv title match, I cant wait to see whats in store for him. Im looking so forward to Mexisquad competing again too.

You should check out ROHs week by week youtube show. its like 10 minutes. Its good stuff and it ties into the show

edit:

Here it is. lol its 30 minutes. It also recaps

Last edited by indyfan; 01-27-2021 at 09:42 AM.
    I am the Foundation

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast

Thread Information