Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1147

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

The only real news I ever see on ROH nowadays is how greatly their attendance has dropped and how empty their arenas look, it's so depressing. It really does feel like the company has done nothing but steadily go downhill since getting a TV deal way-back-when.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I really feel like that MSG show was a big turning point for them. You had their half of the show humiliatingly outclassed by NJPW, crazy angles with The Allure & Enzo/Cass, Taven becoming champion. I know this sounds harsh, but there's absolutely no reason to choose ROH over NJPW or AEW at this point as a fan outside of blind loyalty to past greatness. The roster has talent, but not more than multiple other options & they're used terribly anyway. That's what I said before about finding an identity to at least try & hook people with. And even what they're trying to shift to with trying to grab CMLL guys & endear themselves to Latinos, others already have done, notably MLW. Just poor management & booking, but most importantly their rep sucks so that's all you're gonna hear, Raye.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I really feel like that MSG show was a big turning point for them. You had their half of the show humiliatingly outclassed by NJPW, crazy angles with The Allure & Enzo/Cass, Taven becoming champion. I know this sounds harsh, but there's absolutely no reason to choose ROH over NJPW or AEW at this point as a fan outside of blind loyalty to past greatness. The roster has talent, but not more than multiple other options & they're used terribly anyway. That's what I said before about finding an identity to at least try & hook people with. And even what they're trying to shift to with trying to grab CMLL guys & endear themselves to Latinos, others already have done, notably MLW. Just poor management & booking, but most importantly their rep sucks so that's all you're gonna hear, Raye.
    But who says you have to choose? Just watch all three or four. Though i watch and enjoy the shows.

I also don't see how the talent are being used poorly. Cobb and Rush are headed to be feuding over the main title by FB. Gresham vs Shelley sounds awesome but it will lead to Lethal vs Gresham. Williams vs Flip is a great mid card feud. Also Bandido and Haskins are gunning for the tag titles.

Also sounds like Briscoes stole the weekend for ROH.

As far as news. i guess it depends on where you get your news from. ROH has for sure taken a step back. Are they drawing poorly? yes compared to a few years back they sure are. I just read an article that WWE is drawing poorly at house shows. They got number 2 promotion by default and then fell back to where they are at now. I find the shows this year serve purpose and they are focusing on building up talent with more than 2 month long feuds. ROH needs to run smaller buildings and charge less. Dial it back a little and go forward.

In comparison...the only news i hear coming from Evolve is they drawing poorly unless WWE allows nxt guys to show up. I dont even hear news about MLW or PWG.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-09-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Might wanna check ROH news about Final Battle Indy, they're running an 8 man tournament for the world title shot and neither Cobb or Rush are in it. If they face at FB it won't be for the belt.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Might wanna check ROH news about Final Battle Indy, they're running an 8 man tournament for the world title shot and neither Cobb or Rush are in it. If they face at FB it won't be for the belt.

Oh shit i forgot about that. So maybe we get Haskins or Bandido vs Rush. Its also worth noting that both Cobb and Rush have earned World Title shots

Sounds pretty good to me. Rush is supposed beat Taven at DBD for the belt. So it looks like hes entering FB as champ.

Even if Cobb vs Rush happens later, thats still good news as its something for 2020.

From what i have read, theres bigger money contracts be thrown towards Scurll and possibly Cobb.

Not sure when or if its 100%...but roh is booking Cobb vs Brodie soon.
    Last edited by indyfan; 09-09-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

People's Champion

Status

ROH added Brody King vs Cobb for free during the preshow. It will air on youtube, fite etc.

pretty cool match up. Not sure how i feel about them giving it away for free but hey if it helps get some buys...then why not
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Im hearing rumors that Taven is going to be coming to the end of his contract. I wonder if he resigns or goes elsewhere. I like Taven and I was glad he got the championship. I feel like they are building to a huge match between Greshem and Lethal. You can give those two 60 mins and it be entertaining all around. I like The Bouncers (honestly never though I be pro Beer City Bruiser but they are good. Silas is great as always and Dalton Castle is kind of just mid card think they jumped the shark turning him heel.

Vinny M. is a future star in ROH mark my words and Flip Gordon joing Villian Enterprises just kind of confuses me.

The Allure are kind of ehh but they are vets who can put over the ladies. Big fan of Killer Kelly too.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

People's Champion

Status

ROh is apparently booking Bandido vs..... Speedball Mike Bailey!!!!! on the UK tour

Also

Aussie Open vs PCO and Brodie King
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

People's Champion

Status

a few thoughts about Death Before Dishonor. ROH didnt draw well id say 300-350. they need to put the bigger section in front of the camera. Crowd seemed into the show atleast.

King vs Cobb was a great opener. it was hoss battle. ***1/4

Colt Cabana vs Scurll. This was a great match. i havent enjoyed Colt fir a while but he was great in this as was Scurll
    ***1/4

PCO vs King meh. it was ok. PCO took sick bumps and King requested no DQ and it was granted. the finish was hokey as fuck but it played into PCOs gimmick **1/2

i skipped womens match because im not that into womens wrestling.

Jay Lethal vs Johnathan Gresham. This was a master peice in technical wrestling, physcology and storytelling. And i dont need that to enjoy wrestling, but they laid it out for everyone. find this and watch it ****1/2

Bouncers vs Silas and Vinny. Bar room Brawl. honestly better than anyone ecpected. This was the first time i enjoyed Vinny and the Bouncers. Especially Bruiser. he was fuckin great in this. Since it was a bar room brawl, they used pool cues and....Darts. Vinny threw darts right into Bruisers back. i enjoyed this quite a bit . it was different from everything else and there was plenty of blood. ***1/2

im going to watch the rest next weekend.

so far so good. great show!!!

I'm sure ill enjoy Briscoes versus Haskins and Bandido and Taven vs Rush.

also heard Rush and Dragon Lee got fired by CMLL. Hopefully they sign longer deals with ROH. Apparently ROH offer great contracts that allow guys to do other promotions while getting paid well by ROH.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Loved the main event and the Lethal vs Gresham match. Rush is awesome and he does deserve this. I like Taven but he really wasn't championship material. Oh well.

Didn't like the Briscoes vs Bandido/Haskins match.

Status

ROH's UK Tour has booked The Briscoes vs. Aussie Open, in a move that actually got me to look up tickets for the show.

Boy are there a lot of empty seats for that show. Will keep an eye on ticket prices, if they drop (most of the seats left are £40 and up for some baffling reason) I could very easily be tempted

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    ROH's UK Tour has booked The Briscoes vs. Aussie Open, in a move that actually got me to look up tickets for the show.

Boy are there a lot of empty seats for that show. Will keep an eye on ticket prices, if they drop (most of the seats left are £40 and up for some baffling reason) I could very easily be tempted

One of those shows also has Bandido vs Speed Ball Mike Bailey

Im actually thinking ROHs biggest issue with drawing crowds is tickets prices. They are way to high.

Im hoping they sign Aussie Open
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Bandido is injured and not doing wXw's tag league so unfortunately Speedball/Bandido is probably a doubt now.

People's Champion

Status

When is the tag league show? Yeah they pulled Bandido from the number 1 contenders tourny too.

Also one of those UK shows has Rush vs Cobb. Thats a huge match up
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status

Just looked at the results for Death Before Dishonor.

It's fantastic to see that Rush took the World Title. I said it a while back, but one of the more off-putting things for me about ROH was/is who the champs and most featured competitors are. Taven just isn't someone who sells me on your company. Rush being champion, on the other hand, gives me a lot more optimism about the direction of things. I also read they seemed to be setting up Shane Taylor vs. Dragon Lee, so if Lee can get that TV title then they'll really have my attention.

I'm going to have see Lethal and Gresham's match for sure. Expecting a fucking banger.

Confused as to why PCO is beating Kenny King.

Status

So news came out today that the PPV the other weekend did 800 buys. Best in the World in June did 3500. Now they can't even break 1K in buys. They are having serious attendance problems too. Is it time to start worrying about the long-term viability of ROH?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Relentless Admin

Status

They lost 78% of their business in 3 months. That’s abysmal, but business wise they’ve been downhill since that MSG show soured the vast majority of fans of them. Also probably a casualty of AEW’s success.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    They lost 78% of their business in 3 months. That’s abysmal, but business wise they’ve been downhill since that MSG show soured the vast majority of fans of them. Also probably a casualty of AEW’s success.
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Status

It sounds like they still have some solid matches, but yeah, they have managed to drive people away. The real true benefit of giving Bully Ray all the backstage pull he wants.

The fact that they owned by Sinclair is both a blessing and a curse. They don't have to be significantly profitable for it still worth Sinclair keeping them, as they provide original programming. But if they start losing money.... as a podcast pointed out, how long would it take for Sinclair to decide that weekly hour original programming just isn't worth it?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

The TV product doesn't help. You get the occasional good to great match, but it's mostly highlights from recent shows and hype for upcoming stuff. There's nothing to keep you watching week to week, it's just one big advert for Honor Club. Makes you wonder how Sinclair feel about the show, or whether they even care.

It's a shame, because they've got some good talent on the roster, as I mentioned in this thread earlier I'm tempted by their upcoming UK tour. But it's just so poorly run it's hard to support them.

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread Information