Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It makes a huge difference. The house show business means absolutely nothing to the WWE anymore. Frankly, they could ditch house shows and not be hurt in the slightest money wise.

The fastest sellout in pro wrestling history should come with an asterix too. It's an entirely different day and age when it comes to ticket sales. Hell, online sales weren't even really a thing during the WWE's biggest boom periods when sell outs were so common. Considering the fact that the pre-sale started a couple of days ago, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually the fastest sell out at MSG. I know Survivor Series 2011 was souled out in 90 minutes, although admittedly I'm not sure what the pre-sale situation was like.

They should be happy though. This clearly shows that people are disgruntled enough with the WWE that they wanted to make this show a success.
    This show sold out in 19 minutes.

If house shows were so unimportant..they wouldnt run them..

Just admit ROH/NJPW is bigger than you thought it was.

Also they have the best tag team in pro wrestling history. You know the ones WWE wants so badly.

You sound dissapointed they accomplished this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Good for ROH. That's amazing to get all those tickets sold quickly. The business is in a healthy place.

Bringing up WWE house show attendances feels like childish point scoring and it's a real stretch for that to be any kind of criticism towards WWE when their NXT show on at the same time is going to do similar numbers give or take. ROH's biggest show in their history Vs a random WWE MSG house show, no comparison there really on what the hot ticket is. However, you're deluded if you think WWE could sell that arena out if they put some effort behind it.
    Lol dont put words in my mouth. I didnt say WWE couldnt sell out msg. They did try last time by putting Rousey and Taker on the card though.

How is it childish point scoring. WWE is synonymous with wrestling and MSG.

Either way ignore that fact, ROH and NJPW still sold out the garden and did it in record time and did despite Vince trying to block them.
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post

Also they have the best tag team in pro wrestling history. You know the ones WWE wants so badly.
    Eh, The Briscoes aren't as hot as they used to be. I'm sure they're still money for promos though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Eh, The Briscoes aren't as hot as they used to be. I'm sure they're still money for promos though.
    Sorry...two of the best tag teams( Briscoes and the Young Bucks)!!! Thanks homeslice!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The Aggression are in ROH?

This is a very big accomplishment obviously and a big step from where both companies where 10 years ago. Who would've thought a company designed for one of the founders to sell tapes would be having a show in MSG. Not really a big ROH fan as of late but I'm certainly proud of what they did. And NJPW, by proxy.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    The Aggression are in ROH?

This is a very big accomplishment obviously and a big step from where both companies where 10 years ago. Who would've thought a company designed for one of the founders to sell tapes would be having a show in MSG. Not really a big ROH fan as of late but I'm certainly proud of what they did. And NJPW, by proxy.
    This should be every fans mindset ( wether they love or dislike ROH).

All they need to do is hit a homerun and make sure theres no stream issues

This show sold out in 19 minutes.

If house shows were so unimportant..they wouldnt run them..

Just admit ROH/NJPW is bigger than you thought it was.

You sound dissapointed they accomplished this.
    "19 minutes"

Let's be real, it took them two days. Pre-sale is such a bullshit way to ensure you "Sell out" quickly.

ROH/NJPW is bigger than I thought it was? Okay, what did I think it was? The fact that it was so well known that the WWE blocked ROH's initial attempt at running MSG (That was what, a month or two ago?) ended up being amazing publicity for this ROH/NJPW show. If there was any doubt before that going to this show and making it a success is a way to stick it to the WWE, it was erased once it was made clear that the WWE didn't want it to happen.

Am I disappointed? No. Why would I be? Other than the uniqueness of another wrestling company running an event at MSG, I don't care about it. Is it a little fun to poke fun at you for acting like this is a huge earth changing deal when you're overstating the success of it all? Perhaps.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    "19 minutes"

Let's be real, it took them two days. Pre-sale is such a bullshit way to ensure you "Sell out" quickly.

ROH/NJPW is bigger than I thought it was? Okay, what did I think it was? The fact that it was so well known that the WWE blocked ROH's initial attempt at running MSG (That was what, a month or two ago?) ended up being amazing publicity for this ROH/NJPW show. If there was any doubt before that going to this show and making it a success is a way to stick it to the WWE, it was erased once it was made clear that the WWE didn't want it to happen.

Am I disappointed? No. Why would I be? Other than the uniqueness of another wrestling company running an event at MSG, I don't care about it. Is it a little fun to poke fun at you for acting like this is a huge earth changing deal when you're overstating the success of it all? Perhaps.

Correction: its not just that they are running MSG...its that they SOLD OUT MSG.

Are you implying ROH and NJPW owe the sell out to WWE because they tried to block them and nows theres some huge wave of fans sticking it to WWE going on? Lol come on thats just silly. Not as silly as WWE not needing houseshows anymore ( lets just risk our roster getting injured when we dont need to)

Even if it was 2 days ( it was 19 minutes outsde of pre order) most people and maybe you included, never thought this would happen.

Most people probably thought "ROH/NjPW is going to look so bush league with 5 - 6 thousand people in MSG going up against NXT. Lol silly ROH( and NJPW)."

Its ok...you were wrong. Hell i was too. I didnt think they would pull it off against NXT.

Poke fun all you want. Im happy for the company and most fans and wrestling journalists ( who are fans too) besides you and a few others are saying this is historical and monumental.

Its an amazing time to be a wrestling fan. Soak it in Jimmy

Are you implying ROH and NJPW owe the sell out to WWE because they tried to block them and nows theres some huge wave of fans sticking it to WWE going on? Lol come on thats just silly. Not as silly as WWE not needing houseshows anymore ( lets just risk our roster getting injured when we dont need to)
    I'm not implying anything. I flat out stated that part of the reason why this is immediately such a success is because it's anti-WWE. If it was just a case of ROH being such a massive hit on their own, they'd always have sell outs. This is something special partly because WWE is being invaded in a building that no one believed anyone else would ever have access to running. People love it whenever someone tries to stick it to the WWE. This is where even I have to give The Young Bucks credit. They fully recognize this fact and they take advantage of it with their merchandise, especially in such items like their Cease and Desist shirt.

The WWE not needing house shows is not a silly idea. It's reality. They were paid over $100 million dollars just to run a show in Saudi Arabia. They're going to be paid $200 million per year with the Fox deal. At this point, the house shows are just a means of giving some of their lesser talent ring time and to allow for a place to buy merchandise. The WWE has so many different revenues for making money that house shows mean jack shit to them anymore.

And to be fair, unless you can find where I said otherwise, I never claimed that ROH, or anyone else, couldn't sell out MSG. In fact, I don't believe I ever commented whether anyone could or could not sell out MSG. I was vocal in the AAA MSG thread that it was stupid for anyone to run that building when it's such an expensive place to hold events at. My opinion on that remains the same though. ROH are running this show because of the attention that they will receive by invading the WWE's oldest home. Is it going to be as financially successful as compared to running a cheaper building? That's debatable.

"Above Average"

Status
      Country                    United States

I don't think there needs to be any argument or debate of any kind here. Pro wrestling is at the craziest point in the history of the business. We've got a group of talent selling out a 10,000 seat arena with no matches announced whatsoever, Impact Wrestling is being looked at in a positive light for the first time in God knows how long, New Japan is arguably more popular than ever, women's wrestling is more prominent than ever, and now for the first time since, what, the 40s(?) a non-McMahon wrestling organization is not only running the Garden but SOLD IT OUT. I was going to buy a ticket to All In but it sold out before I could even get on the website. Today, I was going to buy a ticket for MSG but it sold out literally while I was making a delivery at work and I legitimately did not even have a chance to look before learning that it had sold out. This is absolute madness and I love it.

My entire Wrestlemania trip was going to depend on whether or not I got to go to MSG to see Ring of Honor. So now, for the first time in three years, I'll be watching Wrestlemania from home. And make no mistake about it, the thing I'm most excited for is that ROH show. And I'm going to sit here with a 12 pack and love every second of it from my couch. I can't wait for that weekend.

What a time to be a wrestling fan.

WAKE UP

Status

FUTURE THREAD IDEA: How many tag teams can you name better than the Young Bucks? I think we'd get to 100 about as quickly as this event sold out

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    FUTURE THREAD IDEA: How many tag teams can you name better than the Young Bucks? I think we'd get to 100 about as quickly as this event sold out
    It would only be legit if you said Matt and Nick Jackson 100 times.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m not the biggest Bucks guy but they have been better over the last couple of years then they were before that. Much better than the dark days of Mount Rushmore/PWG dominance.

They don’t deserve some of their recent accolades but they do deserve credit for some things, even from their biggest detractors.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I'd of been all over this a few years ago and could of got to 100 probably, but I don't hate them as much as I used to. This year has been their most tolerable year in a while for sure.

Thread Information