Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status...559424/photo/1

Damn this is really serious for Taeler Hendrix to say that she was taken off TV because of not sleeping with another talent on the Roster especially their World Champion Jay Lethal. I hope that isn't the case, but I follow Hendrix and can she can be on the edge with her words sometimes, but I don't think if she's the type of person to lie about such a serious thing that is going on.
    I know you're supposed to believe the victim when it comes to matters like this, but Taeler has been such a deluded bullshitter in the past that it's hard to believe her here.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    I know you're supposed to believe the victim when it comes to matters like this, but Taeler has been such a deluded bullshitter in the past that it's hard to believe her here.
    I hope that isn't the case here, because if she's not telling the truth RIP her career. I never heard anything negative like ever about Lethal in Wrestling in how he handles himself, it would be crazy to think that this is true. We don't always know though what goes down behind the Curtains I bet people could make Documentaries on those stories.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Just curious ...what are you basing this statement on?
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I'm sad to say this but I'm kinda wary of allegations like this. Like Ed says, isn't she notorious for lying? I feel for her if this is true and something should be done about it but you know. Sad to say that.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Just curious ...what are you basing this statement on?
    She is a huge attention seeker and completely lost the plot a few months ago when she started taking potshots at Alexa Bliss on twitter and said that the Raw womens title was really hers, not Bliss' and got into fights with fans about it and it was just a bad look all round. Also claimed that Mandy Leon bullied her out of ROH, but it was never really followed up on. She's not professional in the slightest, just look at who she works for these days, no promotion you've heard of will touch her with a 10ft pole, not just ROH.

The fact this has all come out the week Jay Lethal won the ROH title and his name is in the news again feels off and looking for attention.

but, it wouldn't shock me if it's true either given it's the wrestling business, there's plenty of scumbags out there and ROH have been a lot slower than other promotions to treat women on an equal footing.

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah I took Hendrix's words towards Bliss and the WWE Women from her tweets that she considered herself better than them and hey that's confidence, but hey we will found out in due time if she she's telling the truth with an apparent investigation going on with this.

Real Women of Genius

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

ROH/NJPW PRESENT “G1 SUPERCARD”

For 16 years, Ring of Honor Wrestling has created some of the top stars in professional wrestling, and for nearly 50 years, New Japan Pro-Wrestling has brought Japanese Strong Style to the world. Together, these two companies have delivered world class shows such as “War of the Worlds,” “Strong Style Evolved,” “Global Wars,” “Honor Rising,” and the “G1 Special,” which NJPW has launched as a special kickoff in the United States to their annual “G1 Climax,” known as one of the most elite tournaments in professional wrestling.

ROH and NJPW are proud to announce that on April 6th, 2019, the companies will join forces to present the ultimate wrestling event, “G1 Supercard,” to fans from around the world, LIVE from Madison Square Garden in New York City!

“Three years ago, one of our best fans told me in confidence that Supercard of Honor just didn’t feel “super” anymore, said Greg Gilleland, ROH General Manager. “He was right and we took that to heart with the huge events we delivered in Lakeland, FL in 2017, and New Orleans, LA just a few months ago. With consecutive record breaking attendances, the question became, how can we top that in 2019? More importantly, how can we give the fans more of what they want and what they deserve? The G1 Supercard is an event that can only represent the absolute best possible matches with both NJPW and ROH stars, and Madison Square Garden is the perfect venue for them.”

“This is a historic initiative for ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling,” Harold Meij, President of NJPW proudly commented. “This gives us a great chance to expose fans to NJPW in the building which housed so many memorable and compelling matches.”

Already confirmed for this show from NJPW are Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Tetsuya Naito, in addition to all of the top ROH Stars. This show is set to be massive in magnitude including many matches to be announced with championships from both companies defended. Fans will not want to miss this marquee event at a venue with such an amazing storied history of wrestling.

“We are thrilled to welcome Ring of Honor Wrestling and New Japan Pro-Wrestling to Madison Square Garden for the much anticipated G1 Supercard,” said Joel Fisher, Executive Vice President, MSG Marquee Events. “We expect April 6th to be another memorable night of wrestling at The World’s Most Famous Arena.”

ROH Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff is equally proud. “This is destined to join a long list of historical wrestling moments and where better to hold it than at Madison Square Garden. I am extremely proud of what we have been able to achieve as a company and am very appreciative of how great our relationship with New Japan Pro-Wrestling has become. However, none of this would be possible without our fans, who are truly the best in the world. Madison Square Garden would not be possible without them and for that I am most grateful.”

G1 Supercard is sure to be a historical event in New York City that promises to exceed all expectations.

Tickets will go on-sale on Wednesday, August 8th at 10:00 AM ET for HonorClub members and Friday, August 10th for the General Public.

Stay tuned to ROHWrestling.com for more information on G1 Supercard and other important Ring of Honor Wrestling news. Visit NJPW1972.com to follow your favorite NJPW wrestlers and for any other NJPW news or event information.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ro...-square-garden
    Since this is an announcement made by the ROH Twitter account, I'll put this here. Anyway, whoa. Madison Square Garden! Risky. I assume this will be televised which drastically affects the finances of both ROH and NJPW. This is going to be a big show, no doubt.
    Last edited by MC 16; 07-12-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

I Want It All!

Status

Damn ROH has bigger balls than Vince McMahon with this decision and I have faith this card is going to rock it out.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

What a stupid and petty move

New Japan’s already overexposed themselves and this partnership has been overexposed for years now. Running this Wrestlemania weekend? They’re gonna get slaughtered.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

If this show does end up happening, you're running MSG during WM weekend, when WWE is in the area? The WWE is going to fuck with this show so much and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they go even harder at signing top talents to keep them away from ROH and NJPW as punishment prior to April 2019. Aren't most NJPW contracts up around February every year?

McMahon is a lot of things, both positive and negative, but he's always willing to be petty and go after someone when he feels the need.

Way to open yourselves up to that McMahon backlash and for what...an arena so expensive that WWE rarely ever runs there anymore.

Status

I don't know. Maybe a bit pointless to run this at MSG with how much is costs and the likelihood it will annoy Vince. But, even so, I respect the ambition and don't think this show will bomb by any means. Could actually be pretty historic. But we'll see what they do between now and then to make that happen.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I don’t think they are running there just to annoy Vince because they’ve tried to run it before and vince nixed it. I think it’s been an ambition for several years now to run a show there and there’s no better time than mania weekend to shoot for it.

Going up against takeover means there’s 15,000 fans already going to that show so you’re up against it to get a respectable attendance. You can’t run MSG and draw 6,000 fans again like they did at supercard of Honor because you might as well of just run a much cheaper venue that looks sold out. Problem is I don’t see how they get that much interest given they’ve run ROH/NJPW shows so much now there’s barely anything that would count as a fresh match that would draw big. They would probably have to tell the big stars not to take bookings on Friday to make out this is the one and only chance to see an Okada or a Naito this mania weekend.

i can’t see WWE stealing away any elite talent, but the likes of the Bucks and Cody will be able to negotiate better contracts with ROH if they scare them into thinking they are leaving.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

They'll get the fans. I could easily see the same tactics that sold out All In in 30 minutes being applied here (fuck the WWE, we the rebels of wrestling will beat big bad WWE...THIS TIME IN THEIR OWN HOUSE) and those same Bullet Club fans will want to support their idols like always. Will it be worth it financially? Probably not, but it's more about just saying they did it and grabbing headlines online more than anything.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

People's Champion

Status

Lol the nerd rage is real up in here.

I dont blame them for trying and doing it that night makes sense. They usually draw big numbers WM weekend.

Vince trying block them is pathetically petty. This is pretty funny turn of events. No one would of ever thought it would be ROH being the only promotion outside of WWE to run MSG.

I wish them the best. Its many wrestlers and promotions dream to run MSG.

Its an amazing time to be a pro wrestling fan.

Theres going to be a huge NJPW match. They will need it.
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-14-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    No one would of ever thought it would be ROH being the only promotion outside of WWE to run MSG.
    They're not...

It clearly states that it's a ROH/NJPW event.

Status

Even then I think most people see ROH as the second biggest company in the US, so if it wasn't them, who would it be? That ship sailed for Impact years ago...

Curtain Jerker

Status

ROH is my shinning last hope to keep wrestling a part of my life because the WWE has pretty much lost me as a fan.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleRacer91 View Post
    ROH is my shinning last hope to keep wrestling a part of my life because the WWE has pretty much lost me as a fan.
    Why? There’s more than two promotions in the world.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Why? There’s more than two promotions in the world.
    I know that. I have my local indies but they're just that indies. I don't consider ROH an Indy promotion. TNA, GFW, IMPACT whatever you want to call them is in shambles. And I don't care for anything else. So ROH is my silver lining.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleRacer91 View Post
    I know that. I have my local indies but they're just that indies. I don't consider ROH an Indy promotion. TNA, GFW, IMPACT whatever you want to call them is in shambles. And I don't care for anything else. So ROH is my silver lining.
    You gotta at least give NJPW, Progress and wXw a shot. They're all international but they all have recognizable talents, probably better wrestling than ROH, and are easily accessible.

Thread Information