Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

I think Tenille/Emma was a great pickup for ROH, I thought she had a bad gimmick in WWE when she was a babyface, kinda reminded me of Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch's early tenures in NXT before they got their gimmicks. Her heel turn came too little too late. Now she's a big fish in a small pond, and I bet she'll end up against Mandy Leon in the finals.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I gotta question how important this women of honor thing is if not even Tenille can get on the ROH ppv.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I gotta question how important this women of honor thing is if not even Tenille can get on the ROH ppv.
    I doubt they see much value in it tbh. Though saying that, there has been a few WOH matches on the upcoming weekly shows so who knows what they are doing with it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm pretty sure they don't care. It's just that when WWE starts treating women like wrestlers more than you do, you need to show at least a bit more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

THE MAN

Status

Lethal and Gresham had another very good match at Masters of the Craft this week. Worth checking out for sure.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Lethal is another most improved candidate IMO, granted two of his great matches are against Gresham who's ROH's best wrestler, but also one against Dalton who totally sucks. This Lethal is way better than when he was the World Champion.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Another good Gresham vs Lethal match?? Got to watch that later.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

People's Champion

Status

So WWE blocked ROHs plan of running MSG in 2019.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    So WWE blocked ROHs plan of running MSG in 2019.
    I wonder if anyone is actually surprised. It's only a matter of time before a similar update comes out about AAA running MSG. For any non-WWE wrestling company to even attempt to run MSG is purposely creating a headache for themselves where the end result won't be what they want.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It definitely wouldn’t have been a gain for ROH if they did end up running it.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

So did anyone else remember that Best In the World was on Friday besides me?.......

I liked the show. There was some very solid matches like the Kenny King vs Aries and 4 on 4 multi women match. The main event was enjoyable enough and there was two near MOTYC's in Bucks/Briscoes and Letha/KUSHIDA. I didn't HATE Page vs Martinez but it just wasn't a good match in any regard. Mostly good night.

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Title Match - The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia) © vs. Los Ingobernables de Japón (BUSHI, EVIL & SANADA): **½
    Fine opener to kick off the show. The crowd loved LIJ but I don’t recall much response to the Kingdom. Maybe I missed it though. Loved the double paradise spot and Taven doing the tranquillo taunt but that’s really it.

Bully Ray vs Flip Gordon: **
    Unless I’m mistaken I’m pretty sure in the early parts of the match, the crowd chanted USA. Has Bully Ray moved or something because I’m pretty sure he is from the United States also. This was nothing. Flip did loads of flips. Bully Ray looked like he was near death for most of it. Touching tribute to Vader by Bully Ray but not good. Luckily it didn't last long.

Oedo Tai (Hana Kimura, Hazuki & Kagetsu) & Kelly Klein vs. Jenny Rose, Mayu Iwatani, Sumie Sakai & Tenille Dashwood: ***
    Pretty good and entertaining multi person tag match. Heel Hazuki is a joy to watch, love her. The crowd was into it and everyone was protected in someway.

Kenny King vs Austin Aries: ***¼
    Real enjoyable back and forth match. Some decent storytelling showing King as the friend who is reversed opposed the cunning and sneaky Aries who cheats his way to victory. Never been a huge fan of Kenny King but I liked what he did in the match. Crowd was hot for it and it never overstayed its welcome.

Jay Lethal vs KUSHIDA: ***¾
    Near great match. KUSHIDA being the heel for the match was a nice touch but it didn’t stay that way for long as they delved into some great duel limb work with KUSHDIA working on the arm, Lethal on the leg. KUSHIDA selling of the leg was pretty good before it started to drop off by the end when they started to their big moves which did lead to a great finishing stretch. Strong performance by Lethal all match. Lethal from what I’ve seen of him is having a real good year having some excellent matches along the way.

ROH World Television Title Street Fight - Punishment Martinez © vs. Hangman Page: *
    Wasn’t a fan of this match at all. They did stuff like like powerbomb on the apron, handcuffs (zip ties) etc But it felt like they did it just to have the spot in the match. Mindless carnage that's rarely followed up on. I mean, Martinez went through the tacts and won one spot later. Jeez. This was bad.

ROH World Tag Team Title Match - The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) © vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson): ***¾
    Exactly as I expected. Two great team having a very good tag team match only like they can. They went at each other at a great pace and it was like that for the match part. Some great nearfalls but they did go way too over the top with them and they lost their impact by the end. Briscoes were really good acted as the heels in this match. Fits them so well.

ROH World Title Match - Dalton Castle © vs Marty Scurll vs Cody: ***
    Solid match. It didn’t fall into the classic throw someone to the outside trope too much which was a breath of fresh air. A bit rushed in parts but nothing too bad. The crowd was totally behind Scurll. That and the new (and terrible) music, it seemed destined for a Scurll win. Oh well. Castle is whatever. Don’t really care much for him so I didn’t like the result which did put a damper on the match. Nevermind, it was still entertaining.

Match Rating (Best To Worst):

Briscoes vs Bucks: ***¾
    Lethal vs KUSHIDA: ***¾
    King vs Aries: ***¼
    Oedo Tai/Klein vs Mayu/Rose/Sakai/Dashwood: ***
    Main Event: ***
    The Kingdom vs. L.I.J: **½
    Bully Ray vs Flip: **
    Page vs Martinez: *
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Honestly felt like it went downhill after Lethal/Kushida and it just feels like this company can never have a top to bottom well paced show these days. Briscoes/Bucks was fine but I feel like I never have to see another Briscoes/Bucks Match again, and the only thing the main event really got right was not buying into the predictability of Cody winning. Other wise, it was another middling Castle defense.

Page seriously sucks and I can’t fathom another person telling me he’s getting way better.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I've seen worse shows but I mostly agree with you guys. You can go back to when he won the title to know I've never been a fan of his but in Castle's defense he's super injured. ROH is so stupid to have him win anyway. Probably the only company in the world that's that incompetent.

Page is for sure one of my least favorite wrestlers going. Just bad stuff every single time.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Dalton Castle winning here is even more puzzling now

Spoiler:

Jay Lethal pinned Dalton Castle for the ROH World Title last night.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Dalton Castle winning here is even more puzzling now

Spoiler:

Jay Lethal pinned Dalton Castle for the ROH World Title last night.
    Spoiler:

After reading some things Castle might be out for a while.
    -------
    Spoiler:

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

I wouldn't call it puzzling since he wasn't in last nights match. Had it changed both nights, then yeah.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

Honor Club - talk to me.

What's on there, what's not on there.

Specifically, does it have full shows from 2015 to present? Not expecting them to have an extensive library of 2000s shows considering they only launched it a few months ago.

WAKE UP

Status

Nope? Not even Marketh?

Almost every other indy it appears has a decent streaming/OD service. Yet the supposed second biggest promotion in the States can't get it going?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I can't remember how long you've been gone for, but I stopped watching ROH around late 2015 and am very much out of the loop with what they're doing. The commentary was dreadful and dominated by the neverending Corino/Whitmer feud. Too much Bullet Club/Bucks influence. Delirious overbooking and an increasingly WWE-ish lack of care for continuity and sense. A lack of being "cool" anymore and the culmination of slowly ridding itself of what made it appealing to me around 10 years earlier.

Also, I remember being very pissed off with them letting Ciampa go to waste. I felt they had gold with him and that character, and that they couldn't use him right was a big indicator to me. ACH too. Bags of charisma, so much potential.
    Last edited by Marketh; 07-04-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status...559424/photo/1

Damn this is really serious for Taeler Hendrix to say that she was taken off TV because of not sleeping with another talent on the Roster especially their World Champion Jay Lethal. I hope that isn't the case, but I follow Hendrix and can she can be on the edge with her words sometimes, but I don't think if she's the type of person to lie about such a serious thing that is going on.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information