Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I mean even in the golden era it seemed Gabe placated to the NJPW stars more than his own.
    New Japan wasn't in ROH during those years very much. They had to worry about their own problems.

Dragon Gate was more around in ROH then New Japan during the Age of Gabe.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I think Gambit's referring to NOAH, which is true to an extent. KENTA lost like twice, both in title matches to Danielson and Nigel. But you could argue that kept an Asuka in NXT aura around him, though I remember wishing there were a couple more people put over who could've used it.

I remember also hating when they toured Japan and Kensuke Sasaki faced Roddy and Claudio in back to back squashes. Especially when I knew very little about who he was and why he had to sell so little for two guys getting pushed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

This whole letting any 3 members of Bullet Club defend the 6 man tag titles gimmick is a bit daft.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I think Gambit's referring to NOAH, which is true to an extent. KENTA lost like twice, both in title matches to Danielson and Nigel. But you could argue that kept an Asuka in NXT aura around him, though I remember wishing there were a couple more people put over who could've used it.

I remember also hating when they toured Japan and Kensuke Sasaki faced Roddy and Claudio in back to back squashes. Especially when I knew very little about who he was and why he had to sell so little for two guys getting pushed at the time.
    More or less. I just realized whenever they would use a Japanese star on the show that guy would go over. Nothing wrong with that to an extent as it gets them exposure in the states. Not to say the matches weren't great it's just always was interesting to me how more often than not they would go over.

As far as letting any three members of the Bullet Club defending the six man titles, I don't mind. I'm always a fan of that sort of stuff.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Not much of a choice on ROH's part who goes over. KENTA, Marufuji etc and the potential dream matches were draws to ROH fans. ROH needed NOAH more than NOAH needed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Will their video service include direct to channel recent product. Because as always, being able to keep up with ROH has always been my problem. If I could pay 10 bucks a month to get all of their stuff on one channel it'd be awesome.

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Not much of a choice on ROH's part who goes over. KENTA, Marufuji etc and the potential dream matches were draws to ROH fans. ROH needed NOAH more than NOAH needed them.
    Kenta Kobashi and Misawa having matches as well.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Watched Global Wars Chicago. It was long, nauseating, and didn't have a lot of good wrestling. Ring of Honor was doing pretty decent at a point and now they're just back to feeling like a weird parody mixed with surreal cultism.

Not even going to go into much detail about the opening segment because Cody's promo just felt embarrassing and the Cody character in ROH went from being the most entruiging character in the company to now being almost as lame as Hollywood Hogan was in hindsight, just a lot more inconsistent. Dalton Castle reveal was great but Rhodes/Castle doesn't sound like a strong Final Battle main event to me.

Opening tag was fine but I feel like the wrong team won. Scurll/Hiromu was extremely disappointing. Both guys took it super fucking easy and it was just a comedy match for the audience. This will be better in Japan for sure. Leave it to this atmosphere to make Darryl Takahashi unfunny. Scurll's falling off the deep end for me. Skimmed the Addiction tag because they suck and I don't need to waste my time.

I did manage to watch the end of the tag and the Bully Ray promo. I think he cuts pretty much the same promo on all four shows, but this is the first one I saw and it was the best part of the show to me. It was so well delivered, felt powerful, and giving the table to the fan was a great bit. I love pretty much every part of it and I can't believe a Bully Ray retirement angle is working in Ring of Honor of all places. Too bad no one will remember this among the suck fest. I guess most people have already seen the other three times he did it.

Eight man tag was okay before it just turned into every crazy tag I've seen before. Search And Destroy had no choice but to play the heels, and it just felt so fucking weird. Bullet Club working as faces just doesn't click and I shouldn't have to go back and forth seeing these guys try to be bad but then play to the atmosphere and have face in peril sections. Stop weaving through traffic.

The Dawgs suck. Briscoe promo was great.

Six man Suzuki Gun match was a great Suzuki Gun match, meaning that it was only pretty good. No one bought in Shane Taylor at all but the finish was terrific. I actually bought into Lethal/Suzuki.

I feared watching Colt/Yano because with Best Friends, Cody, and Hiromu/Scurll I feel like all I've seen up to this point was comedy. Match served it's purpose but I've unfortunately been worn out by a mostly miserable show to be in the mood.

I thought I was going to hate Ospreay/Gordon because I really don't get the appeal of either man but I actually thought it was good and wasn't completely dumb. I mean, it had spot after spot after spot after spot, so it's not a match I'd probably jump to go back to anytime soon, but it was a fine "this kid can hang" performance for Gordon and there were a few moments where you could buy into him getting an upset, so that was a plus. I fear he's going to go nowhere in a similar fashion ACH did.

Main event sucked. A title match with zero importance. Omega couldn't help but bury Hashi in Japan so no one took it seriously before the bell. Match sucked. Even when it had a little bit of momentum you were reminded that you weren't supposed to take this seriously. It's the Kenny Omega show and that's what you're supposed to realize. Bullet Club run in (AS HEELS, PICK A LANE) and babyfaces run in because the fact that this doesn't matter couldn't be driven home more. Shit main event. The IWGP US Title has as much credibility as the WWF European Title at this point. Bullet Club promo was hilarious for the wrong reasons because Cody said 1995 was a cool year for wrestling.

Look, I try not to get into any of the camps with the whole "Bullet Club is better than WWE" or "WWE is better than Bullet Club because quite frankly I hate all of the Smackdown champions aside from the Usos and I think Raw isn't that great right now. But I'm also not into the Bullet Club and it's not because of their success or their wrestling: it's because of shows like this. Yes, I realize these are the biggest ROH shows in a long time. Yes, I realize they sold out because of the Bullet Club. But how is any of this cool? Being cool isn't having a horribly inconsistent heel champion tell me that wrestling is cool, and that's exactly what happened in the closing segment. This show is flooded with Bullet Club pleasing the fans while also not telling any stories or staying consistent to any of their roles or programs. I shouldn't have to watch an iPPV when almost 45% of it is going to be on a YouTube show. I'm glad there are fans that are eating up wrestling and selling out buildings but you can't oversaturate your show with an inconsistent product. Soon, this show is going to be filled with matches like that main event because no one is going to take anything else about the product seriously. I respect these guys for being like rock stars and are making a living off of this, but man, this product sucks.
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 10-17-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Sweet Meat

Status

Bullet Club suck and make no mistake, Hollywood Hogan > Cody by a country mile.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

idk. Cody isn't racist so im partial to him.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Jon View Post
    idk. Cody isn't racist so im partial to him.
    you don't know that

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    you don't know that
    could be hate fucking brandi
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Y'all might be right! Now I'm skeptical.

Sweet Meat

Status

More than one race to hate.

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    More than one race to hate.
    Don't be silly. The world is black and white.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Personally I would like to see ROH capitalize off of their momentum and put more money into production and arenas, only with a promise of real wrestling in there. Bullet Club are supposed to be different from nwo in that they are great and wrestlers.

Also, I <3 Silas Young. I vote Silas as World Champ.

Thread Information