Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Yeah bud. I tuned out of this post at this ignorant opinion.

Why? because nothing grabs my intention enough to get me to watch wrestling consistently in 2017? That has nothing to do with ignorance. Maybe "shit" was to harsh.... but id much rather re watch old content than watch anything current.

Also is it as ignorant as you thinking The Briscoes wouldn't make it in a top five of Favourite Tag Teams because you think they are rednecks ?
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-21-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Jamaica

It's considered ignorant because you likely have not tried to watch every single wrestling promotion out there to make that sort of statement.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Why? because nothing grabs my intention enough to get me to watch wrestling consistently in 2017? That has nothing to do with ignorance. Maybe "shit" was to harsh.... but id much rather re watch old content than watch anything current.

Also is it as ignorant as you thinking The Briscoes wouldn't make it in a top five of Favourite Tag Teams because you think they are rednecks ?
    lolwut. I thought they wouldnt make fave fives because not a lot of people on here watch indies dude. I said Briscoes dont appeal to me personally because they come across as rednecks.

Hard Times

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I thought the skills of a Team is the determination of all other things is the major reason to put a Tag Team as a Fave Five category? Anyways the Briscoes are from the Southern Part of Delaware, a lot of Farm area which I lived in for a good time myself here and there as a kid, but they are being themselves instead of trying to be something they are not.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by strange brew View Post
    Let's say I know some Russian sites that gets you stuff that's not available on most networks. Sorry Jim, but not everyone have a large ROH DVD collection sitting in their basement. Plus seeing ROH from it's glorious past has it's appeal too. Seeing CM Punk, Bryan, Joe in their formative years does have it's appeal and if you see Big Dave make a ROH show "Show of the Year," definitely creates some intrigue.
    Uhh...that still doesn't answer anything I was asking about. ROH, like every other company out there, doesn't "Allow" people to pirate them. That doesn't mean they don't get pirated though. You can go to XWT, the most popular wrestling torrent site and I'd wager they'd have maybe 95% of ROH's entire back catalog able to be downloaded at this very moment. I've never really kept up to date with streaming piracy sites, but I can't imagine it's difficult finding those that offer a bunch of ROH too.

Basically, it just sounds like you improve at being a pirate.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    I thought the skills of a Team is the determination of all other things is the major reason to put a Tag Team as a Fave Five category? Anyways the Briscoes are from the Southern Part of Delaware, a lot of Farm area which I lived in for a good time myself here and there as a kid, but they are being themselves instead of trying to be something they are not.
    Bolded part = what?

This goes back to the boring =/= bad thread. Just because I'm not interested in your characters doesn't mean I think you're bad. The Briscoes do not appeal to me, I don't want them to change, they're perfectly fine as they are, they're skilled in the ring but they arent for me. I don't think they lose mass appeal because of that, I don't think they should change. They appeal to their demographic and they appeal to others who simply like their characters just because. And hey, I do enjoy certain Jay Briscoe promos, I won't deny it.

The only reason I thought they wouldn't make Fave Five category is because they wrestle for ROH and we have a forum that focuses largely on WWE. IndyFan can keep trying to make me out to be a Briscoes hater or an ROH hater (or joke about it) but I'm not. Though I recommend he take his head out of old school ROH's ass. Everybody acknowledges they're great, most of us are just willing to move on and give current day their due. I think they have a bad service but if they had the same service every other big indy has (barring PWG), that'd be awesome and I'd 100% subscribe. Give me 10-15$ a month to have all the new shows you've got and your PPV. Or maybe charge me 20-25$ instead in the closer to FloSlam range. I imagine they'd get much more subscribers if they had that system as opposed to only getting TV shows, getting PPV an entire year later and having to pay 15-35 for an individual event. Then again, they probably stuck to this model because it makes them the most money so I can't really say anything in regards to what's best for them.

All I can say is that as a consumer who likes being up to date with his wrestling, ROH isn't the service for me compared to FloSlam (pricy but more events than I can watch and diversity of companies), RevPro, Progress, wXw now or even upstarts like Defy where I can get an event for like 6$ with a good card that has at least 2/3 big matches.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    It's considered ignorant because you likely have not tried to watch every single wrestling promotion out there to make that sort of statement.
    Fair enough.

Thinking it over..i was wrong to say that.

However i really have zero interest in watching anything current on a regular basis. I cant even watch 205 live regularly. Its more financially efficient for me personally to watch older content. I dont have cable package that carries tv wrestling, i dont watch movies in the theater. I dont buy new video games. Ive grown to simply accept that and on top of that it works out in my best interest to rent instead of going to the theater, watch back catalogues, buy games when they drop in price.

Even if i wanted to jump into a new promotion, id try and start earlier.

So i apologize to Jon for that. I hope you watched that Briscoes match.
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-21-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Still Kicking It

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Uhh...that still doesn't answer anything I was asking about. ROH, like every other company out there, doesn't "Allow" people to pirate them. That doesn't mean they don't get pirated though. You can go to XWT, the most popular wrestling torrent site and I'd wager they'd have maybe 95% of ROH's entire back catalog able to be downloaded at this very moment. I've never really kept up to date with streaming piracy sites, but I can't imagine it's difficult finding those that offer a bunch of ROH too.

Basically, it just sounds like you improve at being a pirate.
    Let's just say, that before the WWE Network, you could find ECW and WWE Attitude Era vids on youtube and dailymotion no problem. Same with New Japan before NJPW World launched. Even Stardom had more content on youtube before the streaming site launched. I'm telling you once these guys get a streaming site, their crackdowns get more aggressive for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by strange brew; 04-21-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Still Kicking It

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Bolded part = what?

This goes back to the boring =/= bad thread. Just because I'm not interested in your characters doesn't mean I think you're bad. The Briscoes do not appeal to me, I don't want them to change, they're perfectly fine as they are, they're skilled in the ring but they arent for me. I don't think they lose mass appeal because of that, I don't think they should change. They appeal to their demographic and they appeal to others who simply like their characters just because. And hey, I do enjoy certain Jay Briscoe promos, I won't deny it.

The only reason I thought they wouldn't make Fave Five category is because they wrestle for ROH and we have a forum that focuses largely on WWE. IndyFan can keep trying to make me out to be a Briscoes hater or an ROH hater (or joke about it) but I'm not. Though I recommend he take his head out of old school ROH's ass. Everybody acknowledges they're great, most of us are just willing to move on and give current day their due. I think they have a bad service but if they had the same service every other big indy has (barring PWG), that'd be awesome and I'd 100% subscribe. Give me 10-15$ a month to have all the new shows you've got and your PPV. Or maybe charge me 20-25$ instead in the closer to FloSlam range. I imagine they'd get much more subscribers if they had that system as opposed to only getting TV shows, getting PPV an entire year later and having to pay 15-35 for an individual event. Then again, they probably stuck to this model because it makes them the most money so I can't really say anything in regards to what's best for them.

All I can say is that as a consumer who likes being up to date with his wrestling, ROH isn't the service for me compared to FloSlam (pricy but more events than I can watch and diversity of companies), RevPro, Progress, wXw now or even upstarts like Defy where I can get an event for like 6$ with a good card that has at least 2/3 big matches.
    PWG shows much of their back catalogue on the highspots network. For an indy hosting in an armory, they have a pretty big reach. In addition to the network, they sell their DVDs on highspots, downloads, and the dvd to every show on their company website.

Status

Let's just say, that before the WWE Network, you could find ECW and WWE Attitude Era vids on youtube and dailymotion no problem. Same with New Japan before NJPW World launched. Even Stardom had more content on youtube before the streaming site launched. I'm telling you once these guys get a streaming site, their crackdowns get more aggressive for obvious reasons.
    As someone with a bit of a history with piracy, every company has been responsible for taking down streaming videos and downloads both before and after the creation of the streaming networks. As time goes on, the companies have an easier time learning about the major providers of pirated content, allowing them to go after them. Even so, there's still a ton of WWE on Youtube. In fact, there's so much more full house show events from the 80's and weekly shows than in the past, although that's partially because Youtube allows for longer videos than they did in the past.

As far as Stardom not having as much stuff on Youtube these days, isn't that uh...obvious? They now have a proper streaming site instead of allowing for videos to be bought on Youtube.

There's also the fact that it's now so much easier finding shows on torrent sites than before. Back when NJPW only ran regular PPVs in Japan, you may or may not be able to get access to it online. For example, NJPW's Destruction 2012. That PPV took forever to pop up online (I believe well into 2013) solely because so few people had access to it to even be able to put it online. Now with NJPW World, every damn New Japan show is able to be pirated within an hour after they've taken place.

PWG shows much of their back catalogue on the highspots network. For an indy hosting in an armory, they have a pretty big reach. In addition to the network, they sell their DVDs on highspots, downloads, and the dvd to every show on their company website.
    With the exception of DVDs they sell on their site (There's plenty of ones they've been sold out in for years), everything related to PWG is only thanks to Highspots.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I could be wrong on this but most of the Stardom stuff that was allowed on youtube was stuff that aired on TV - the rights belonged to the TV channel and not Stardom. And TV networks take their time in having stuff pulled. But it makes sense for a larger crackdown of shows on YT etc for Stardom and thats cause they own the full rights to whatever is shown on their streaming site. If a match from a Stardom TV show is aired then Stardom won't have the right to get it pulled, I am sure.

I think the same goes for NJPW and shows that air on TV there too. Could be wrong though but that seems to be the way it works.

Anyways, Japanese companies have always been strict on piracy -- Stardom has banned people from its streaming service for posting GIFs of matches on reddit for example. I guess it depends how vigilant companies want to be of piracy. Some will probably take any exposure they can get.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Thread Information