Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Ring Of Honor Wrestling 2013 Discussion Thread

What's nonsensical about it? Why should the company not believe that they're the best?

Clownshoes means silly, obtuse, ridiculous, or stupid.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Says the guy still calling him "tunamelt" for some reason...

What's nonsensical about pointing out that no promotion is ever going to say "Tune in for some good wrestling, but maybe not the best, depending on your opinion, because it is all subjective in the end!"?
    I call him tunamelt because that is one of his sayings that makes me laugh. He has said that Roderick Strong has the charisma of a Tunamelt sandwich. And in actuality , I apologize for calling Crippler that. I just find it the funniest term to insult a wrestler. But Clownshoes is pretty funny too. They re very goofy terms.

He should just practice what he preaches. he tells D Pop to stay in here because he doesn't like his comments in other sections because he adds nothing and then he comes in here and adds nothing with his comments. Then again i guess is should too. So insult wrestlers and promotions Crippler in any fashion you see fit!!!!
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-31-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

He made a point, I made a point against it. And if you're gonna have dumb nickname, at least remember why. I said "Most of the RoH roster has the charisma of a tuna melt (TWO SEPARATE WORDS) sandwich." I was just trying to say, in a funny way, that most of the guys in RoH can't talk. Which I still stand by.

People's Champion

Status

I remember why you said it. It wasn t really funny. It still the most ridiculous thing i ever heard(right next to Sir and Butthurt) on the net. But Clown shoes may take the cake. Oh yeah and clown shoes is 2 separate words as well.

Sweet Meat

Status

ugh indyfan is being the loosest butthole right now.

But yeah, obviously every company should tell their fans they're the best..lol. Even if it's untrue.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

Didn't mean that so negative as it was perceived. But advertising should always fit the product, I guess, and the company just isn't centered about the snowflakes anymore. They also have that, but it's not the center. I guess something like they used to have on HDNet "the hardest-hitting action on TV today" was a better choice. And it had a nice ring to it.

Another thing is that not every customer is all about the "bigger, better, faster" and especially since Occupy Wall Street despises it when they hear it. We all love our underdogs.

People's Champion

Status

Supposedly ROH Hunt for the Gold and Defy and Deny 2 are getting rave reviews as amazing shows. Even read, best house shows in over a year. They looked great on paper and delivered big time. Standouts were Elgin vs Steen vs Edwards vs Strong, Briscoes vs Wolves, Davey vs O Reily, Cole vs Silas, Cole vs Jacobs. Both shows look amazing and can't wait till they come out on DVD, but they can be purchased online(streamed)for 15 bucks.

If they continue the trend, 2013 may be a great year for ROH.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Supposedly ROH Hunt for the Gold and Defy and Deny 2 are getting rave reviews as amazing shows. Even read, best house shows in over a year.
    From what I've seen so far of that doubleshot, which is most of it, that's underrating last year's house shows. Brew City Beatdown, The Nightmare Begins, Unity and The Homecoming 2012 were all either just as good or better.

- TD/Antonio was the meh-est of the TPT matches so far, which disappointing because I argued in favour of TD over QT Marshall and quite quickly I'm starting to get bored of him. He's showing next to no charisma (not even quiet, KENTA-like, ass-kicker charisma) and his capoeira kicks always look cool until they land because they're such weak strikes. If this guy could make any impact noise when he lands his kicks, it'd be a huge step up. It's just hard to buy into at this point.

- Video package of Grizzly Redwood's inspirational story, with clips of his last TV match from months ago against Elgin, which I remember featured a very similar inspirational video package of Grizzly's story before it. Grizzception.

- And because of that video, it's quite clear Grizzly isn't going to get the shit chopped out of him by Roddy and he didn't. Only two backbreakers, unfortunately, 19 less than I wanted. 0 chops. And I'm pretty sure Grizzly got more offence than Roddy, as expected. No one benefits and Grizzly continues to be the toughest loser to beat.

- Bennett/Elgin was more fun than I expected and Maria showing a lot of ass gets this match an extra 1/2* for everytime she's on screen. Only part I didn't like was Elgin taking a Box Office Smash off the second rope. First of all, this match isn't important enough for any avalanche finishers. Second, it's not important enough for Elgin to kick out of either. Thirdly, Elgin didn't exactly sell it for long. Fourthly, it didn't get any bigger of a reaction than if Bennett did it from the mat. I think the intention was to make Elgin look hard for taking something so big (shut up), but they just didn't make it seem like it mattered. An otherwise fine match, but I hated that spot.

- The gauntlet flowed at a pace that didn't make me think anyone suffered from the entire thing lasting only 15 minutes. It probably could've done with the Bravados lasting a shorter time and SCUM a bit longer, but I didn't think SCUM were hurt by a rollup like 2 minutes in. They're the kind of old school heel team that never look strong and get by on cheating for pretty much everything. So they still got some big stuff in like the ring bell shot, the roll of coins punch, etc. The right team, Team Amfishin', won in the end. Also, Kevin Kelly, #1 and #2 in a gauntlet mean the exact same fucking thing. Motherfucker talking as if the Bravados had some sort of advantage by not being #1. Fuckssake.

This week on "Ring of Honor Wrestling" TV the main event features a huge 8-Man Tag with The Briscoe's joining forces with Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander to take on S.C.U.M members Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs, Steve Corino, and Rhino! In addition, the Women of Honor are in action as MsChif battles Athena, the 2013 Top Prospect Tournament continues with Matt Taven vs. ACH in a First Round Match, plus Nigel McGuinness confronts both Matt Hardy and Adam Cole!

Taven/ACH should likely be the best first round match. And that 8-man looks epic. Hope it gets plenty of time.
    Last edited by Marketh; 02-05-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Supposedly ROH Hunt for the Gold and Defy and Deny 2 are getting rave reviews as amazing shows. Even read, best house shows in over a year. They looked great on paper and delivered big time. Standouts were Elgin vs Steen vs Edwards vs Strong, Briscoes vs Wolves, Davey vs O Reily, Cole vs Silas, Cole vs Jacobs. Both shows look amazing and can't wait till they come out on DVD, but they can be purchased online(streamed)for 15 bucks.

If they continue the trend, 2013 may be a great year for ROH.
    I watched a couple of matches tonight. Really impressed with Cole/Jacobs, I recommend people check that one out, it even has Corino on commentary. Briscoes/Wolves was good too.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    From what I've seen so far of that doubleshot, which is most of it, that's underrating last year's house shows. Brew City Beatdown, The Nightmare Begins, Unity and The Homecoming 2012 were all either just as good or better.
    I found the Homecoming and Unity pretty good and i found Brew City great. I hated Nightmare begins. It may be one of the worst shows i have ever seen. At this point i can't really comment on the 2 new ones since i haven't seen them. I actually won't buy the streams and i will wait for the dvds. I collect em.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Didn't have time for last weeks show, but I caught this weeks and found it decent.

I'm really not a fan of gauntlet matches because they generally end up making one team look great and everyone else looks shit, or everyone looks even-steven's and the winners are the last guys in. This was a mixture of that because the only two teams that looked any good were The Bravados and The Wolves, yet neither team won. S.C.U.M. got owned and AmFishin' couldn't put a battered team away convincingly. It just felt like a mess.

I loved the Redwood/Strong match. It really was the perfect TV match for me. Redwood came out babyfacing it up, Rodi came out heeling it up, and they went at it. The face got his hope spots and the heel got his win. It was fun.

I also enjoyed the Elgin/Bennett match - and before I get into it can I just mention the fact that Maria seems to wear less and less every time I see her on screen. She's about two appearances from getting guys locked up, but anyway. I did find it a bit annoying though; Elgin basically no-sold everything, and they moved at a pace that meant that Bennett no-sold it all too. I don't see how that helps anyone in the long run.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

I really like the Elgin/Bennet match. Michael Elgin is so great. I'd like to see him against Steen for the World Championship one more time. I enjoy the short promo of BJ Whitmer. The ME was won by S.C.U.M from nowhere. For me The American Wolves should be the winners of that bout.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
    The ME was won by S.C.U.M from nowhere. For me The American Wolves should be the winners of that bout.
    No it wasn't...and even if you meant Fish & O'Reilly, they still didn't win it out of nowhere. And no, the Wolves shouldn't have gone through all 3 teams.

A "deleted scene" from this week's show:

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Yes, I mean Fish & O'Reilly, my fault.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

The sooner they put the titles back on the Wolves, the better. The cards surely aren't getting better with more Briscoe semi main events.

Formerly CZWFan

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Id rather see The Briscoes than The Wolves.

Sweet Meat

Status

Samezees.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Swedish Meatballs

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just watched this week`s episode...Main thought, Jay Leathal is horrible on commentary

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Been digging ROH this year. Liked last two episodes. Michael Elgin is going to be a star in the future

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Just watched this week`s episode...Main thought, Jay Leathal is horrible on commentary
    Agreed... But then, the main event was an utter clusterfuck anyway. The whole show was a tad disappointing to be honest. I really only enjoyed the opening match, and even that was a bit dodgy in places.

Thread Information